• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:09
CEST 11:09
KST 18:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7699 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 19

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 60 Next
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
March 18 2017 08:29 GMT
#361
On March 18 2017 15:12 ninazerg wrote:
I can't wait for all the normies to start talking about StarCraft: Brood War. Can't wait for noobs to come on TL.net and ask "What's the best build?", and give their professional opinions about what needs to be nerfed. It's gonna be so much fun.

I doubt things will get that good.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7176 Posts
March 18 2017 08:32 GMT
#362
On March 18 2017 17:29 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 15:12 ninazerg wrote:
I can't wait for all the normies to start talking about StarCraft: Brood War. Can't wait for noobs to come on TL.net and ask "What's the best build?", and give their professional opinions about what needs to be nerfed. It's gonna be so much fun.

I doubt things will get that good.

proly better than that,just type starcraft in google news ..
i can see community exploding if the final product is some support for windows 10 :D
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
March 18 2017 09:08 GMT
#363
I want to see offline tours outside of Korea!
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Canadianboy
Profile Joined December 2016
32 Posts
March 18 2017 09:40 GMT
#364
On March 18 2017 16:25 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
me right now


I don't get this one. Who coming back?
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
March 18 2017 09:56 GMT
#365
On March 18 2017 18:40 Canadianboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 16:25 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
me right now
https://youtu.be/A4OEiveDdvQ?t=1m10s


I don't get this one. Who coming back?


batman
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11832 Posts
March 18 2017 10:05 GMT
#366
On March 18 2017 17:29 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 15:12 ninazerg wrote:
I can't wait for all the normies to start talking about StarCraft: Brood War. Can't wait for noobs to come on TL.net and ask "What's the best build?", and give their professional opinions about what needs to be nerfed. It's gonna be so much fun.

I doubt things will get that good.

"Proposal to change Dark Templars"
"Let's talk about Defiler-lings/Protoss"
"What happened to Blizzard's effort to buff Bio (TvP)?"
"Carriers, how to stop them as T?"
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
March 18 2017 10:18 GMT
#367
On March 18 2017 19:05 c3rberUs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 17:29 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On March 18 2017 15:12 ninazerg wrote:
I can't wait for all the normies to start talking about StarCraft: Brood War. Can't wait for noobs to come on TL.net and ask "What's the best build?", and give their professional opinions about what needs to be nerfed. It's gonna be so much fun.

I doubt things will get that good.

"Proposal to change Dark Templars"
"Let's talk about Defiler-lings/Protoss"
"What happened to Blizzard's effort to buff Bio (TvP)?"
"Carriers, how to stop them as T?"


"Scouts are still useless"
"Proposal to buff Ghosts"
"Mind Control is OP"
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
March 18 2017 10:31 GMT
#368
On March 18 2017 15:59 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 15:38 Yiome wrote:
wow this thread is already so toxic
Does the fact that you are playing an old game have to make you feel so much better about yourselves that you have to shit on the only potential newcomers? Or do you prefer to stay in the dead water of a well and enjoy your little piece of sky?
I would just stick to single player campaign if just to avoid any of you guys' negativity


Dude, it was a joke, but I forgot to encapsulate it in the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag, so that was my bad. Especially the "it's gonna be great" part.


Can't easily detect jokes when I've seen even more stupid posts around here.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 18 2017 10:58 GMT
#369
Brood War was an ok game for its time, but nostalgia is really the only reason anyone still plays it. I really hope Blizzard nerfs Protoss before releasing this, otherwise new players will be turned off by such a broken and imbalanced race. Huge flaws like arbiters will have to be removed for it to actually be played competitively, but I'm sure I'll just get torn apart by the bw elitists who can't handle any improvements to "their game."
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
March 18 2017 11:19 GMT
#370
On March 18 2017 19:58 Sero wrote:
Brood War was an ok game for its time, but nostalgia is really the only reason anyone still plays it. I really hope Blizzard nerfs Protoss before releasing this, otherwise new players will be turned off by such a broken and imbalanced race. Huge flaws like arbiters will have to be removed for it to actually be played competitively, but I'm sure I'll just get torn apart by the bw elitists who can't handle any improvements to "their game."


Nice bait :D
Be the change you want to see in the world.
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
March 18 2017 11:19 GMT
#371
SC2 is the superior game clearly. New is always better i.e. Star Wars 1-3 with Anakin, superior dialogues, story and absolutely no boring scenes. Also very exciting and new characters such as Jar Jar and young Anakin.

Also SC2 has units, the best units. Everyone says so.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19393 Posts
March 18 2017 11:38 GMT
#372
On March 18 2017 18:08 ICanFlyLow wrote:
I want to see offline tours outside of Korea!

I want to cast offline tours outside korea. MLG Orlando please!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
March 18 2017 11:54 GMT
#373
On March 18 2017 19:58 Sero wrote:
Brood War was an ok game for its time, but nostalgia is really the only reason anyone still plays it. I really hope Blizzard nerfs Protoss before releasing this, otherwise new players will be turned off by such a broken and imbalanced race. Huge flaws like arbiters will have to be removed for it to actually be played competitively, but I'm sure I'll just get torn apart by the bw elitists who can't handle any improvements to "their game."

if only ur terran stream icon was in the side bar that would be gold
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 12:01:55
March 18 2017 11:59 GMT
#374
On March 18 2017 19:58 Sero wrote:
Brood War was an ok game for its time, but nostalgia is really the only reason anyone still plays it.


You really dont get it. It's not nostalgia.

Edit: Damn...I got baited. I should add "autistic" in the description below Xd
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
March 18 2017 12:18 GMT
#375
Maybe it won't be a totally new engine but i guarantee they will include automine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
petro1987
Profile Joined May 2009
Brazil374 Posts
March 18 2017 12:52 GMT
#376
On March 18 2017 20:59 hitthat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 19:58 Sero wrote:
Brood War was an ok game for its time, but nostalgia is really the only reason anyone still plays it.


You really dont get it. It's not nostalgia.

Edit: Damn...I got baited. I should add "autistic" in the description below Xd


Almost got baited as well. The nostalgia talk is actually quite common with starcraft 2 players. Apparently the only reason someone could ever play an older game is because of nostalgia. They can't seem to fathom the idea that an older is actually better.
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 12:57:04
March 18 2017 12:56 GMT
#377
On March 18 2017 21:52 petro1987 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 20:59 hitthat wrote:
On March 18 2017 19:58 Sero wrote:
Brood War was an ok game for its time, but nostalgia is really the only reason anyone still plays it.


You really dont get it. It's not nostalgia.

Edit: Damn...I got baited. I should add "autistic" in the description below Xd


Almost got baited as well. The nostalgia talk is actually quite common with starcraft 2 players. Apparently the only reason someone could ever play an older game is because of nostalgia. They can't seem to fathom the idea that an older is actually better.


That 20 year ongoing nostalgia trip is still hitting pretty hard man, I tell you.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 13:10:21
March 18 2017 13:09 GMT
#378
Yeah, im basically gonna play today cuz its so much nostalgia from yesterday, feels so good.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 13:33:50
March 18 2017 13:33 GMT
#379
Yeah I mean the only reason I prefer Bach, Chopin and Debussy over Nickelback is nostalgia. I mean if I put on my big boy pants and see past the nostalgia, I acknowledge that Nickelback is objectively better. Because Nickelback is way more modern and uses like, electricity and stuff. I should really just get with the times.
Tyrant.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
March 18 2017 13:43 GMT
#380
On March 18 2017 22:33 Jae Zedong wrote:
Yeah I mean the only reason I prefer Bach, Chopin and Debussy over Nickelback is nostalgia. I mean if I put on my big boy pants and see past the nostalgia, I acknowledge that Nickelback is objectively better. Because Nickelback is way more modern and uses like, electricity and stuff. I should really just get with the times.


Don't disgrace nickleback by comparing them to Bach. Come on.
Cereal
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4153
Calm 2682
Leta 2666
Soulkey 483
Soma 348
Rush 221
Barracks 206
BeSt 183
firebathero 51
Killer 48
[ Show more ]
Shine 36
Shinee 33
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 19
Sharp 18
Noble 7
sorry 7
HiyA 5
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc2372
XcaliburYe154
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns15647
WinterStarcraft723
Sick188
Pyrionflax156
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 52
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Jankos2748
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
51m
Patches Events
5h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 51m
OSC
13h 51m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.