• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8061 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 21

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 60 Next
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 18 2017 19:02 GMT
#401
On March 19 2017 03:56 Wrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 02:37 Lorch wrote:
To settle the key argument:
Even if they actually run out of keys (as Jealous said this is very, very unlikely) do you honestly believe they noticed it over night and simply stopped selling?
They would have known for months that they'd run out of keys soon, and as in love as the modern blizzard is with making cash I highly doubt they wouldn't have been able to come up with a solution before they ran out of keys.
Chances are that the HD patch/update will be free for all who already own BW so they want to make sure that as many people as possible pay the premium prize for getting the new version when it comes out.

You don't just run out of digital versions. Something is coming up. The only question is whether Blizz will manage to fuck it up or not.


I just thought of it as a theory as stop selling because of an HD preview next week doesn't seem convincing to me at least. Also, how much you think the premium price will cost? Will it be something like $30?

I still see boxed copies of the BW battle chest selling for between $20 to $30 retail despite there being much cheaper options, like the digital download from Blizzard themselves. I think the price will be inconsequential when it reinvigorates the scene.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17928 Posts
March 18 2017 19:07 GMT
#402
i'll be surprised if its offered for sale in May. Blizzard gives people a huge advance notice that they want money for a new product.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 18 2017 19:42 GMT
#403
On March 19 2017 03:46 SCC-Faust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 23:32 BigFan wrote:
ok guys, let's take it easy on the trolling and focus on what this could mean for the community


More girls playing Brood War = I might finally have a girlfriend for the first time in my 26 year old virgin life.

Don't get your hopes up, Faust. ...like they're gonna be interested in some D rank noob. Please.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
March 18 2017 19:46 GMT
#404
On March 19 2017 04:42 Sero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 03:46 SCC-Faust wrote:
On March 18 2017 23:32 BigFan wrote:
ok guys, let's take it easy on the trolling and focus on what this could mean for the community


More girls playing Brood War = I might finally have a girlfriend for the first time in my 26 year old virgin life.

Don't get your hopes up, Faust. ...like they're gonna be interested in some D rank noob. Please.


Maybe they want the D
Cereal
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 20:10:26
March 18 2017 20:09 GMT
#405
I can't see most people buying BW HD if they already have BW. Maybe BW HD will be a paid upgrade which requires BW?
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10094 Posts
March 18 2017 20:29 GMT
#406
Will BW HD require an HD maphack? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10397 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 21:00:05
March 18 2017 20:57 GMT
#407
On March 19 2017 03:31 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 03:18 duke91 wrote:
On March 19 2017 02:51 Ansibled wrote:
All I want is rebindable hotkeys. Would people be against that actually?


For 20 years people played without such things just fine. I am sure you will adjust.

This is something that hurts no one.

The only minor gripe I have with rebindable hotkeys is that it will make the game easier for newer player moreso than old players. Old players will have to adjust from their clunky set-up to the new set-up. New players can do the following:

1. All upgrades are now: QWEASD (based on their location on console)
2. All abilities like stim are now: QWE
3. All units are now: QWE or RTY or UIO or whatever suits your macro better.
4. All screen-lock keys no longer have to be f2-f4
etc.

Basically decreases the dexterity requirement to new low for BW and makes people who would otherwise struggle just as we have all struggled to get used to out-of-place keys now have everything super-duper-newbie-friendly. I like the aspect of BW and each race, that each one demands a different keyboard set-up, and that dexterity is SO crucial to getting the results you want. Decreasing that element makes me grumble. Making all the races key-wise homogenous detracts from the game for me.

I'm fully aware that this is that old man's "walking to school 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways" gripe, so I am not as fervent on this stance as I am on almost anything else about BW purity. I'm actually not fervent at all anymore. Would I complain if it gets implemented? Maybe a little, after losing, in-game. Would I be happy if it didn't get implemented? Absolutely. It is horseshit for us veterans, I tell ya. You kids have it easy nowadays with your scrubby MBS and your auto-mine. Ya rugrats.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 21:06:20
March 18 2017 21:06 GMT
#408
On March 19 2017 03:46 SCC-Faust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 23:32 BigFan wrote:
ok guys, let's take it easy on the trolling and focus on what this could mean for the community


More girls playing Brood War = I might finally have a girlfriend for the first time in my 26 year old virgin life.

Geezus. I guess there really is such a thing as being too into BW.

C'mon man, take a break and Tinder or something.

User was warned for being hilarious
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-18 21:10:45
March 18 2017 21:10 GMT
#409
On March 19 2017 05:29 TT1 wrote:
Will BW HD require an HD maphack? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If it does, I'm sure some douchenozzle would-be game-ruiner will be right on it.
User was warned for being hilarious
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
March 18 2017 22:09 GMT
#410
I really dunno, I am apprehensive about Blizzard messing this up as is a lot of people but at the end of the day I think this can only mean good things for foreign players. I log onto ICCup and see around 200-300 people online, and spend a good amount of time trying to get games (because I am not going to play FS every game lol). I mean, look at nation league on ICCup. Does anyone remember the WGT days when there was so many countries and many even had B teams? I love Ninazerg and I hope she messages me on skype. And now we have to assemble the Americas and parts of Europe into one team and a bulk of people don't even show up. Clearly Brood War is not doing bad from the Korean perspective, but we're a small foreign community atm. If BW HD does bomb, maybe people will play it and discover they love the game play and move over to the original.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 18 2017 22:15 GMT
#411
It can't be done.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 18 2017 23:11 GMT
#412
On March 19 2017 07:09 SCC-Faust wrote:
I really dunno, I am apprehensive about Blizzard messing this up as is a lot of people but at the end of the day I think this can only mean good things for foreign players. I log onto ICCup and see around 200-300 people online, and spend a good amount of time trying to get games (because I am not going to play FS every game lol). I mean, look at nation league on ICCup. Does anyone remember the WGT days when there was so many countries and many even had B teams? I love Ninazerg and I hope she messages me on skype. And now we have to assemble the Americas and parts of Europe into one team and a bulk of people don't even show up. Clearly Brood War is not doing bad from the Korean perspective, but we're a small foreign community atm. If BW HD does bomb, maybe people will play it and discover they love the game play and move over to the original.

lol too good.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
March 19 2017 00:22 GMT
#413
On March 19 2017 03:56 Wrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 02:37 Lorch wrote:
To settle the key argument:
Even if they actually run out of keys (as Jealous said this is very, very unlikely) do you honestly believe they noticed it over night and simply stopped selling?
They would have known for months that they'd run out of keys soon, and as in love as the modern blizzard is with making cash I highly doubt they wouldn't have been able to come up with a solution before they ran out of keys.
Chances are that the HD patch/update will be free for all who already own BW so they want to make sure that as many people as possible pay the premium prize for getting the new version when it comes out.

You don't just run out of digital versions. Something is coming up. The only question is whether Blizz will manage to fuck it up or not.


I just thought of it as a theory as stop selling because of an HD preview next week doesn't seem convincing to me at least. Also, how much you think the premium price will cost? Will it be something like $30?

I'd be surprised if it was over 19.99
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
Philoctetes
Profile Joined March 2017
Netherlands77 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-19 01:46:07
March 19 2017 00:39 GMT
#414
What is the point of this? That we pay 20 euro for a HD version of SC BW? So that we can play with workers that have perfect pathing, so to 2 workers a patch gives perfect saturation, removing an incredible amount of strategy from the game? So that we can play with a 400 ms build-in unit delay? So that we can play against hackers on Battle.net?


Blizzard, didn't you get the message yet? Leave us the fuck alone. We won't be playing your bad version of our game. Don't you realize that for the last 10 years, all your patches did was break our fixes to the game?

On March 18 2017 23:32 BigFan wrote:
ok guys, let's take it easy on the trolling and focus on what this could mean for the community



Maybe you can get Blizzard to stop trolling us first, Mr.Bigshot. And by the way, people haven't cared for years what you have to say. That hasn't changed last week.


User was temp banned for this post.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 19 2017 00:51 GMT
#415
On March 19 2017 09:39 Philoctetes wrote:
What is the point of this? That we pay 20 euro for a HD version of SC BW? So that we can play with workers that have perfect pathing, so to 2 workers a patch gives perfect saturation, removing an incredible amount of strategy from the game? So that we can play with a 400 ms build-in unit delay? So that we can play against hackers on Battle.net?


Blizzard, didn't you get the message yet? Leave us the fuck alone. We won't be playing your bad version of our game. Don't you realize that for the last 10 years, all your patches did was break our fixes to the game?

Show nested quote +
On March 18 2017 23:32 BigFan wrote:
ok guys, let's take it easy on the trolling and focus on what this could mean for the community



Maybe you can get Blizzard to stop trolling us first, Mr.Bigshot. And by the way, people haven't cared for years what you have to say. That hasn't changed last week.

It could likely be none of that too
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12061 Posts
March 19 2017 00:55 GMT
#416
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm only interested in this if it's an upres of Broodwar and they change nothing else.

They change the balance or the way the game works in any way shape or form and I'm out.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 19 2017 01:22 GMT
#417
On March 19 2017 09:55 Qikz wrote:
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm only interested in this if it's an upres of Broodwar and they change nothing else.

They change the balance or the way the game works in any way shape or form and I'm out.


According to this rumor they aren't changing balance or how the game works. I believe Blizzard will do a fine job.
When I think of something else, something will go here
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11832 Posts
March 19 2017 02:00 GMT
#418
I understand the "keep away Blizz, don't touch our beautiful game" posters to some extent but that guy's post lol... "My precious! >o<"
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
March 19 2017 02:08 GMT
#419
his post was a little bit scary, hopefully he sorts his issues out
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 19 2017 02:41 GMT
#420
Just speculating: if regular BW is "sold out" on the Battle.net website, maybe Blizzard is replacing it with BW:HD.

Ideally, this would hopefully mean that BW:HD would be $15 at most since that was the price of the original digital Battle Chest. While BW:HD would be downloadable in the Battle.net 2.0 client, hopefully Blizzard would also make the original BW client still downloadable off the Battle.net website for all current original BW owners and all future BW:HD owners.

Even more ideally, maybe Blizzard could even consider giving a free BW:HD upgrade to anyone who currently owns the BW digitally in their Battle.net accounts, while still giving the option to download the non-HD client via existing methods.


Then again, Blizzard has never done a remaster before, so any speculation is fairly baseless. Considering the demand for remasters of Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3, this would be an important release to see how they would handle such remasters. I still believe that a Warcraft 3 remaster or at least an implementation into the Battle.net 2.0 client would still be possible since wallpapers for the game were data-mined from the B.net client a few years ago.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 465
Bale 38
League of Legends
Doublelift5288
Other Games
summit1g9143
JimRising 515
ViBE245
Livibee204
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur556
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 11m
Patches Events
14h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 11m
OSC
22h 11m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.