• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:45
CEST 07:45
KST 14:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7852 users

Will you continue to follow SC2 ESPORTS?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States1999 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-04-04 20:56:16
April 04 2025 20:56 GMT
#1
Will SC2 not having a pro tour effect how much you follow and engage in SC2 esports? We all know there will still be grass roots tournaments but how interested are you in keeping up with that? Will you be more likely to tune into the steadfast weekly?
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
Devangel
Profile Joined March 2019
Russian Federation66 Posts
April 04 2025 21:10 GMT
#2
Absolutely, I'll keep watching SC2 till there is anything on twitch or youtube whether its tourney or content creator content. Obviously it's impossible to watch it all, but whatever I can

While there were no big tourneys since EWC with a couple of exceptions of Lilu Cup, Pigsty and HSC, I tuned it to most of monday cups and some big brain bouts when I could. SC2 is always on when I work from home as well on the background
Devangel
Profile Joined March 2019
Russian Federation66 Posts
April 04 2025 21:12 GMT
#3
The recent news are extremelly saddening as SC2 has been a huge part of my life since 2013 when I bought HotS and discovered SC2 was an e-sport, but I hope that SC2 manages to establish somewhat stable scene such as WC3 maybe and might have a resurgance later which seems to be happening in WC3 now. Time will tell
kajtarp
Profile Joined April 2011
Hungary492 Posts
April 04 2025 21:28 GMT
#4
SC2 is the only game i actively watch and follow ever since the beta launched more than a decade ago. I personally refuse to just call it a day and willing to support it financially to keep it going.
Why so serious?
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
April 05 2025 12:29 GMT
#5
Not really 100%, but it is still really interesting to see the progression of players.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3136 Posts
April 05 2025 13:04 GMT
#6
I definitely will; and plan to financially support to the degree possible.

The one caveat is that, while I watch content and cups, my engagement with SC2 has always increased dramatically for "big tournaments," or at least weekenders with in-person elements. There's just something exciting about following a tournament like that; and I imagine that with less of those, I will watch less overall.

But, to be fair, I always followed Homestory Cups and Stars Zegora and similar about as intensely as things like the EWC, so prize pool or the size of the stage isn't the main consideration. I hope the community can still pull together some hype weekenders and in-person events. If so, my viewership shouldn't decline.
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
SharkStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria2275 Posts
April 05 2025 14:25 GMT
#7
Well, I'll only be watching at least half-decently sized events, so HSC, Stara Zagora, as well as some capacity of the world cup I will tune in - weeklies etc, I don't really care about.
Cogito, ergo Toss
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
April 05 2025 14:55 GMT
#8
As a Protoss fan this doesn't change anything for me, I found most of my enjoyment from these smaller tournaments. The big cups were always a big disappointment and you knew the result already before going into it.

If you're a zerg fan, you're fucked.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
flashymarine
Profile Joined April 2023
54 Posts
April 05 2025 16:07 GMT
#9
How can you follow something which does not exist?
bulldozer06701
Profile Joined July 2019
171 Posts
April 05 2025 16:20 GMT
#10
Yes of course. I hope this game continues to live.
SpecKROELLchen
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany151 Posts
April 05 2025 16:20 GMT
#11
Follow for sure. As long as we have these amazing people like Rotterdam, Wardi, Naruto (TakeTV), Pig and all the casters i forgot who do so much for the community, the game will not die and we will have tournaments.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-04-05 16:36:26
April 05 2025 16:35 GMT
#12
Yeah I’ll still follow it, I will make a point not to watch EWC but I’ll check out the various tournies people put together.

Hell there’s more WC3 going that I have time to watch, so for me there’ll be plenty of SC2 content

I think it’d be cool if various grass-roots organisers somewhat pooled their resources to make a combined grass-roots circuit of sorts, but I understand that’s a logistical headache
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Chemist391
Profile Joined October 2010
United States368 Posts
April 05 2025 18:11 GMT
#13
Yes, I'm not going anywhere.

I still play, and I still watch. I've been supporting Tasteless + Artosis via their Patreon for ASL for a few years now, and I would be willing to throw similar money at someone doing similar work for SC2.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
April 05 2025 19:00 GMT
#14
I will follow big enough tournaments but other than that not so much, especially on the latest patch which seems quite bad. I still read the results of the small online cups every week, but don’t watch particularly often as the stakes are low and it’s always the same players going far.
WriterMaru
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States1999 Posts
April 05 2025 23:04 GMT
#15
On April 06 2025 04:00 Poopi wrote:
I will follow big enough tournaments but other than that not so much, especially on the latest patch which seems quite bad. I still read the results of the small online cups every week, but don’t watch particularly often as the stakes are low and it’s always the same players going far.

This is where I'm at.
Except for the patch I'm pretty indifferent atm.
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
Ciaus237
Profile Joined July 2015
South Africa288 Posts
April 06 2025 07:09 GMT
#16
With this patch? Probably not.

I have thousands of games on Zerg, and it is by far my favorite race to watch and play. That is my lens on this game, and with the state its in, and the fact that every other small tournament (the only kind that is going to be left for the most part) has an average of like... 2 zerg maps wins... no thanks.

If the game gets fixed, then yes. I've been watching SC2 since 2012, and I don't want to stop. I'm even happy to support it with donations and subscriptions, but only if the product is one that has anything for me.
The time that we kill keeps us alive
RandomPlayer
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation400 Posts
April 06 2025 10:37 GMT
#17
I've recently noticed that I appreciate sc2 events only if there was a downtime. The more I watch the less I enjoy it. Weekly cups have made me not appreciate the games.
Kashim
Profile Joined December 2013
Poland1240 Posts
April 06 2025 10:46 GMT
#18
On April 06 2025 19:37 RandomPlayer wrote:
I've recently noticed that I appreciate sc2 events only if there was a downtime. The more I watch the less I enjoy it. Weekly cups have made me not appreciate the games.



what about single bo7 showmatch per week like I'm doing with SOOP?

example (Wiki)SOOPer7s/37

are you watched something of those? Is this entertaining?
SC2 LP Staff, Aligulac Editor, Tournament Organiser and Admin @KashimSC2
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 06 2025 13:18 GMT
#19
SC2 for the most part died 5 years ago, and it would have been better to let it go and move on rather than all of the stuff that happened with e.g. the saudis and balance council
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Antithesis
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1271 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-04-06 18:04:26
April 06 2025 14:07 GMT
#20
Yes, of course. I will continue to watch and follow SC2 esports, and I'll also contribute financially.

When it comes to watching, I'll probably concentrate on the (then relatively) largest events, though. For me, the stakes being high and the players having practiced and prepared for a tournament match at length is what makes esports, like any other competition, exciting.
Mutation complete.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1932
910 70
sorry 47
Yoon 45
Bale 38
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox644
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor132
Other Games
summit1g7071
WinterStarcraft390
PiGStarcraft267
C9.Mang0259
Sick214
Livibee165
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Stunt467
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 16m
Stellar Fest
7h 16m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.