• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:57
CEST 23:57
KST 06:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7611 users

ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued - Page last

Forum Index > SC2 General
77 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 All last
SC2 at Esports World Cup announced
alfredwilson49
Profile Joined April 2025
3 Posts
April 07 2025 00:43 GMT
#59
--- Nuked ---
Glorfindelio
Profile Joined October 2022
231 Posts
April 07 2025 01:18 GMT
#60
Not hard to see coming--so long and thanks for all the fish! Still remember watching Tassadar nuke the Overmind in elementary school and falling in love with SC for the first time. Fast-forward to downloading Idra replays during beta and then watching qualifiers for the first GSL. What a wild ride it's been. Starcraft has been such a source of joy for so long, can't be anything but thankful for that.

Will still watch and support the scene no doubt, but playing Z on this patch as a mortal is supremely irritating. If SC2 ends in this game state, that'll be the real tragedy for me lol.
radracer
Profile Joined March 2020
United States77 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-04-07 06:53:09
April 07 2025 06:52 GMT
#61
SC2 has been on life support for a while... that plug has now been pulled.


The only silver lining would be if GSL continues, and we get foreigners interested in GSL now. Let's see if Serral can win it!
old
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
April 07 2025 07:19 GMT
#62
The final blow of an era. I'm sad to see this but also not surprised. It's time to find our if SC2 can stand on it's own feet like war3
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
Vutalisk
Profile Joined August 2016
United States680 Posts
April 08 2025 03:13 GMT
#63
I haven't played or watched SC2 in years but this news brings back so many memories. Everything has its end and this new is long overdue. It is amazing that SC2 pro-scene survived as long as it did. So long SC2.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
April 08 2025 17:28 GMT
#64
GGs to SC2. Good run, all things considered.

It's a shame a lot of the developments happened the way they did, but I'm sure the scene will have a new era of people touching the game, even if it ain't publisher-funded anymore.

Funding is always a mess in this situation, but hopefully we get more SC2.
The Bomber boy
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
April 09 2025 13:08 GMT
#65
It's time to move on. There are so many other RTSes out there. I wanna see Serral kicking ass in AoE.
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2003 Posts
April 09 2025 23:48 GMT
#66
On April 09 2025 22:08 Garnet wrote:
It's time to move on. There are so many other RTSes out there. I wanna see Serral kicking ass in AoE.

I'd rather him switch to Broodwar and compete in ASL.
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
SharkStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria2275 Posts
April 10 2025 07:10 GMT
#67
On April 10 2025 08:48 CicadaSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2025 22:08 Garnet wrote:
It's time to move on. There are so many other RTSes out there. I wanna see Serral kicking ass in AoE.

I'd rather him switch to Broodwar and compete in ASL.


Is there still a lot of money in BW? I am wholly unfamiliar with the scene.
Cogito, ergo Toss
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
April 10 2025 14:45 GMT
#68
On April 10 2025 16:10 SharkStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2025 08:48 CicadaSC wrote:
On April 09 2025 22:08 Garnet wrote:
It's time to move on. There are so many other RTSes out there. I wanna see Serral kicking ass in AoE.

I'd rather him switch to Broodwar and compete in ASL.


Is there still a lot of money in BW? I am wholly unfamiliar with the scene.

In S. Korea? Yes. Quite a lot.
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
April 10 2025 14:46 GMT
#69
On April 10 2025 16:10 SharkStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2025 08:48 CicadaSC wrote:
On April 09 2025 22:08 Garnet wrote:
It's time to move on. There are so many other RTSes out there. I wanna see Serral kicking ass in AoE.

I'd rather him switch to Broodwar and compete in ASL.


Is there still a lot of money in BW? I am wholly unfamiliar with the scene.

Check out this topic for more info --> https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/637243-balloon-statistics-for-universitys-organizer

Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
April 12 2025 06:54 GMT
#70
GG
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
machinus
Profile Joined January 2010
United States292 Posts
April 13 2025 00:59 GMT
#71
On the bright side, the SC3 design team has a wealth of lessons learned to benefit from!
BlacKcuD
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany107 Posts
April 13 2025 10:55 GMT
#72
When I first read about it, I thought it was a slightly delayed April Fools joke. Turns out it wasn't :'[
Avid map maker and e-sport enthusiast.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
April 14 2025 08:34 GMT
#73
RIP i wish i wasn't so busy / had another thing conflicting with one of the last ESL tournies in the US. I never got to attend a SC2 event live, not a GSL or an ESL, so sad. I wish i had gotten to see Slayers Boxer or Slayers compete back then, especially in WoL days, especially MLG Anaheim with all the TvT and blue flame hellions it was really crazy, but as a poor college student i didn't have the means to really go...
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3553 Posts
April 14 2025 17:50 GMT
#74
Yeah I only attended DH winter 2011, it was an amazingly stacked event and got to see all of the guys, there were a lot of new wc3 players as well and I was hooked on it and Artosis asked for a prediction for the tournament winner, and I went with le ToD. Sadly MC and moon canceled their tickets.

I wish I'd been to hsc XX, imo this was the greatest event for sc2 yet as a viewer, it was a great community effort as well and the feeling around sc2 was amazing, it wasn't even that long ago..
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
April 14 2025 23:15 GMT
#75
Got to go to all the DH Montreals and MLG Providence, rip yo
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
sidasf
Profile Joined February 2023
108 Posts
April 15 2025 03:15 GMT
#76
On April 07 2025 15:52 radracer wrote:
SC2 has been on life support for a while... that plug has now been pulled.


The only silver lining would be if GSL continues, and we get foreigners interested in GSL now. Let's see if Serral can win it!


Has it? SC2 had what, two million dollars in prize money even just last year? Multiple circuits and huge crowds and events.

Something went wrong this past year. My hunch, as much as I hate to say it, is that Microsoft meddled in and changed something to push ESL away completely. There's no way they just go from 2 million dollars to zero just like that.
xelnaga_empire
Profile Joined March 2012
627 Posts
April 15 2025 06:28 GMT
#77
I don't play SC2 anymore as I have switched to AoE4, but I tune into the big SC2 tournaments such as Katowice (which did not happen this year) and EWC. First and foremost, right when the SC2 e-sports scene is struggling, I hear from some pros that there are problems with Protoss again, with SortOf posting this video:


This is the worst time for there to be issues with Protoss, and for the pros like SortOf to comment as he did in the video. I hope the balance council fixes the issues fast, for the sake of SC2.

Meanwhile, since some of the SC2 pros like SortOf, Elazer, Nina, etc, are playing AoE4 now, I have a lot of fun watching them stream AoE4. But I will tune into the EWC this year, because SC2 is always exciting to watch, when it's balanced. Going forward though, SC2 can't afford any more mistakes, especially with ESL stopping their pro tour. This means the issue of balance must be addressed ASAP.

Now it would be sad if Elazer, SortOf, Nina, etc, returned to SC2 from AoE4, because I would have fewer AoE4 streamers to watch. But if they return, it probably means the balance of SC2 is much better and they are finding it fun again, which is good for SC2.
Crocolisk Dundee
Profile Blog Joined October 2015
870 Posts
April 15 2025 20:53 GMT
#78
I followed the game from the HDH Invitational in 2010 until the Saudi takeover of ESL. I stayed up all night to watch Blizzcon, traveled to South Korea to see GSL, traveled to Germany to see HSC, attended a BarCraft to see IEM live with a crowd, and watched countless hours of matches. StarCraft II was a big part of my life. I am thankful for all players, commentators, hosts, production crews, designers, and other people who contributed to the product, events, or the community. Blizzard created a phenomenal RTS.
Stopped watching ESL content in 2022 when the company was acquired by Savvy Gaming Group. Also object to sponsorships by the U.S. Air Force. Thanks for the lively discussions about sportswashing. StarCraft II is not for me anymore.
1 2 3 4 All last
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech153
ViBE46
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 181
Dewaltoss 91
Hyuk 67
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm69
League of Legends
Doublelift3212
Counter-Strike
Fnx 752
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5531
Khaldor857
Liquid`Hasu681
Other Games
summit1g8254
FrodaN2302
shahzam518
KnowMe295
C9.Mang0193
ArmadaUGS112
UpATreeSC100
Trikslyr53
ZombieGrub43
PPMD38
CosmosSc2 20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH345
• davetesta13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie908
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
3m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 3m
Online Event
13h 3m
FEL
18h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.