• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8061 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 22

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 60 Next
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
March 19 2017 03:14 GMT
#421
What does this mean for patch 1.17 which had already been proven to exist?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/closed-threads/518448-sc1-is-getting-patched-soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11832 Posts
March 19 2017 03:32 GMT
#422
For what little amount of games I've played I think I'm too used to the "{p}robe to {z}ealot keybindings" to not feel a little apprehensive to customized keybindings. But for the sake of the possibility of inviting a new generation to continue playing the game, I think concessions like that should not be frowned upon.

The 'qwe' binding sounds too dumb down. But if hotkeys were like in DotA, that's cool; a.k.a each hero had a different set of hotkeys but (almost) none strayed over the right side of the keyboard.

If I had my way, I'd fix some of the dumber keybindings like the {s}courge or although not too hard imo, maybe even move {p}robe to pro{b}e or prob{e}.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 19 2017 04:24 GMT
#423
If you're going to play Protoss, you should be doomed to a life of pressing P constantly.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12260 Posts
March 19 2017 04:26 GMT
#424
On March 19 2017 12:32 c3rberUs wrote:
For what little amount of games I've played I think I'm too used to the "{p}robe to {z}ealot keybindings" to not feel a little apprehensive to customized keybindings. But for the sake of the possibility of inviting a new generation to continue playing the game, I think concessions like that should not be frowned upon.

The 'qwe' binding sounds too dumb down. But if hotkeys were like in DotA, that's cool; a.k.a each hero had a different set of hotkeys but (almost) none strayed over the right side of the keyboard.

If I had my way, I'd fix some of the dumber keybindings like the {s}courge or although not too hard imo, maybe even move {p}robe to pro{b}e or prob{e}.


Probe hotkey is E in SC2 and yes it takes some getting used to =) Actually all the hotkeys in SC2 are designed to be on the left side of the keyboard, but it's funny how those old BW habits never die and sometimes you still find yourself reaching for the old ones...

Dota2 has "Legacy Mode" for all its hotkeys which are designed for stodgy old holdovers like us. However, the hotkeys are fully customizable as well which is great for everyone.
Moderator
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 19 2017 04:31 GMT
#425
On March 19 2017 12:32 c3rberUs wrote:
For what little amount of games I've played I think I'm too used to the "{p}robe to {z}ealot keybindings" to not feel a little apprehensive to customized keybindings. But for the sake of the possibility of inviting a new generation to continue playing the game, I think concessions like that should not be frowned upon.

The 'qwe' binding sounds too dumb down. But if hotkeys were like in DotA, that's cool; a.k.a each hero had a different set of hotkeys but (almost) none strayed over the right side of the keyboard.

If I had my way, I'd fix some of the dumber keybindings like the {s}courge or although not too hard imo, maybe even move {p}robe to pro{b}e or prob{e}.


i dont see how thats bad. just make legacy keybinding and customziable keybinds and its a win-win.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11832 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-19 05:00:29
March 19 2017 04:55 GMT
#426
It's not bad, it's just that feeling, as Jealous put it "walking to school 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways" that I get when I think about how convinient it is to not have to use the entire span of the keyboard haha.

On March 19 2017 13:24 Sero wrote:
If you're going to play Protoss, you should be doomed to a life of pressing P constantly.

lol

edit - Oh, I haven't really played DotA 2 so I didn't know that. I like that system, nice. It's great for everyone.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 19 2017 05:55 GMT
#427
I don't really care much for the key rebinding issue that's being presented. Sure, like everyone else, I've had to make due with the current hotkeys but at this point, I've gotten used to them and if having customizable key bindings helps attract more players to the game and community, so be it!

My biggest concern with BW HD would be the gameplay. So long as the gameplay is the same (aka no change at all!) and its mostly down to HD, fixing bugs, window issues, add MM, anti-hack etc... I'll definitely give the HD a try. I like BW's graphics but I wouldn't mind seeing what Blizzard can do as well. Just make sure it's gritty and not shiny all over lol
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11832 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-19 06:28:23
March 19 2017 06:27 GMT
#428
Either Blizz makes it

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


or this

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
March 19 2017 10:57 GMT
#429
On March 19 2017 02:51 Ansibled wrote:
All I want is rebindable hotkeys. Would people be against that actually?


If you play protoss you need only 1,2,3 and a.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
March 19 2017 11:05 GMT
#430
I feel like the current hotkeys are a vital part what bw is, and making them customisable could potentially even hurt the balance.
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-19 11:15:20
March 19 2017 11:15 GMT
#431
I really hope we don't have a situation where they remaster and fiddle with everything (e.g. More units in a control group, auto-mining workers, hotkeys, the list goes on) and forces everybody to switch to the new game like with Sc2.. That'd be like two times Blizzard tries to make everybody switch to their new product. I hope this doesn't happen.

Overall, I remain pessimistic, but I hope I'm wrong. I really really hope I am wrong.
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
psd
Profile Joined February 2016
France94 Posts
March 19 2017 11:18 GMT
#432
You can try changing broodwar's language to see how new hotkeys affect the gameplay. French hotkey for probes is S (Sonde), it's weird.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 19 2017 11:22 GMT
#433
On March 19 2017 20:15 Epithet wrote:
I really hope we don't have a situation where they remaster and fiddle with everything (e.g. More units in a control group, auto-mining workers, hotkeys, the list goes on) and forces everybody to switch to the new game like with Sc2.. That'd be like two times Blizzard tries to make everybody switch to their new product. I hope this doesn't happen.

Overall, I remain pessimistic, but I hope I'm wrong. I really really hope I am wrong.

idk, I think all of those are very important gameplay designs. Uncomfortable archaic keys don't belong in the same group.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-19 11:41:35
March 19 2017 11:40 GMT
#434
I mean completely customizable hotkeys like in sc2. I hope they don't change to that.
If they want to give an option in game to change the hotkey for the more archaic hotkeys like the probe and give an option to only be able to change it from p to e or something that's a little different and I wouldn't mind that.
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 19 2017 11:49 GMT
#435
On March 19 2017 20:40 Epithet wrote:
I mean completely customizable hotkeys like in sc2. I hope they don't change to that.
If they want to give an option in game to change the hotkey for the more archaic hotkeys like the probe and give an option to only be able to change it from p to e or something that's a little different and I wouldn't mind that.

Why not all keys? It'd be helpful to left handed people too.

There's plenty of other room in the game to display skill, I don't having awful keys should be something that people stand behind.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
March 19 2017 12:47 GMT
#436
The audacity to want to change a game which worked well for 20 years. I don't care for new players, and if new players can't adjust and complain about these minor things, they will likely not last long in any case.

But still, you want to irritate the remaining true fans even more by changing this game significantly, so that Blizzard can sell more copies of this game.

Guess what, the people who likely will buy BWHD will not care much about a "SC2 UI". Just cut it out. The more suggestions you have, the more likely BWHD will fail because Koreans and those who oppose changes, just because you want to pamper to a few casuals.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
March 19 2017 14:04 GMT
#437
On March 14 2017 14:00 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2017 13:52 Terrorbladder wrote:
just fix the sprite limit, mmmkay?


Just a little 3D, MBS, Automining, 12 worker beginning, Autocasts, CC's can now drop mules, infinite unit selection for more efficient deathballs etc

I like these ideas! BW:SC2 Version (in HD) pls!!!!
ortseam
Profile Joined April 2015
996 Posts
March 19 2017 14:07 GMT
#438
On March 19 2017 20:18 psd wrote:
You can try changing broodwar's language to see how new hotkeys affect the gameplay. French hotkey for probes is S (Sonde), it's weird.

Same is with spanish i believe, so it's not that big of an issue. I think they should at least not touch anything about Fkeys though
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
March 19 2017 14:15 GMT
#439
On March 19 2017 23:04 riotjune wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2017 14:00 duke91 wrote:
On March 14 2017 13:52 Terrorbladder wrote:
just fix the sprite limit, mmmkay?


Just a little 3D, MBS, Automining, 12 worker beginning, Autocasts, CC's can now drop mules, infinite unit selection for more efficient deathballs etc

I like these ideas! BW:SC2 Version (in HD) pls!!!!




User was warned for being hilarious
lagcats
Profile Joined February 2016
172 Posts
March 19 2017 15:30 GMT
#440
I hope there will be some kind of ladder to grind. Cus i will hardcore practice if that's the case.
http://www.twitter.com/lagcats <---> http://www.twitch.tv/lagcats Challenger League of Legends player.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 465
Bale 38
League of Legends
Doublelift5288
Other Games
summit1g9143
JimRising 515
ViBE245
Livibee204
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur556
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 11m
Patches Events
14h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 11m
OSC
22h 11m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.