• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:37
CEST 09:37
KST 16:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9484 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 60 Next
MrMischelito
Profile Joined February 2014
347 Posts
March 15 2017 11:59 GMT
#261
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


HD remakes make sense for games like stronghold that were shit in the first place and became interesting only after a rerelease. however not for old jewels of the genre.
KT_Elwood
Profile Joined July 2015
Germany1200 Posts
March 15 2017 12:02 GMT
#262
On March 14 2017 13:43 SCHWARZENEGGER wrote:
good way to grab some cash just for adding hd resolution


Did you realize that Broodwar is not using any 3D-Modells and that "adding hd" to a hardwired game/engine is not just changing some cfgfile ?
"First he eats our dogs, and then he taxes the penguins... Donald Trump truly is the Donald Trump of our generation. " -DPB
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4536 Posts
March 15 2017 12:18 GMT
#263
In my opinion Blizzard needs to do 2 things for certain,

1) find a way to implement lan latency gameplay so muta micro and other great bw micro tricks remain untouched
2) keep units per hotkey group and single building per hotkey the same to not alter gameplay

Customized hotkeys would be really nice and convenient but it's not something that will make or break this, I believe these other 2 things will.

I'm also really interested to see how possibly unit pathing improvements will affect micro/balance/interaction between units.

On March 15 2017 19:27 Jae Zedong wrote:. Don't handicap the scene just so iNcontrol & co can make a comeback.


I've no idea why you would talk about incontrol like that.

He played BW for over 10 years, he obviously loves the hell out of that game and he's taken that passion for BW (and later sc2) to great heights.
Team Liquid
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
March 15 2017 12:45 GMT
#264
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


What were their mistakes? I didn't really follow that release so I have no idea what happened.
Tyrant.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
March 15 2017 12:55 GMT
#265
The official bnet servers for bw have been in bad shape for a long time like you can't play multiplayer bw without knowledge of private servers. Just an updated bnet service would be great.

Announcement seems suspicious though is the story here that Seoul Sports broke some NDA to announce this when an official announcement was coming in a week? All 1 month before the supposed release? idk about all that.
beef42
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Denmark1037 Posts
March 15 2017 13:05 GMT
#266
Journalists do not sign NDAs. It is more likely that, if this whole thing is legit, the "leak" was intentional.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 15 2017 13:09 GMT
#267
On March 15 2017 21:55 batsnacks wrote:
The official bnet servers for bw have been in bad shape for a long time like you can't play multiplayer bw without knowledge of private servers. Just an updated bnet service would be great.

Announcement seems suspicious though is the story here that Seoul Sports broke some NDA to announce this when an official announcement was coming in a week? All 1 month before the supposed release? idk about all that.

Assuming its legit, someone else probably broke NDA, or someone not under NDA found out.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-15 13:18:31
March 15 2017 13:17 GMT
#268
I believe they are going to follow Ubisoft suit in how they repackaged homm3 HD i.e. amping up the graphics, adding better multiplayer support but not touching the balance or gameplay.

Id expect the improved graphics to look something like this http://www.gry-online.pl/galeria/html/wiadomosci/bigphotos/447969210.jpg
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
CrimeCat
Profile Joined September 2015
Germany43 Posts
March 15 2017 13:19 GMT
#269
On March 15 2017 21:45 Jae Zedong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


What were their mistakes? I didn't really follow that release so I have no idea what happened.


I'm not sure if they patched it now in a better shape. I had more perfomance issues with the HD version than with the Original. Including crashes. Plus they messed with the LAN option due to Steam requirement. I may be biased but I also agree with some reviews that critized the graphical improvement and the lack of a zoom function. All in all the original Gold version with communitiy patch did a better job for me.

On the other Hand, Blizzard never released something unpolished. so there's hope.
"Everyone whose first name begins with an L who isn't hispanic, walk in a circle the same number of times as the square root of your age times teeenn!"
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
March 15 2017 13:27 GMT
#270
On March 15 2017 22:19 CrimeCat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 21:45 Jae Zedong wrote:
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


What were their mistakes? I didn't really follow that release so I have no idea what happened.


I'm not sure if they patched it now in a better shape. I had more perfomance issues with the HD version than with the Original. Including crashes. Plus they messed with the LAN option due to Steam requirement. I may be biased but I also agree with some reviews that critized the graphical improvement and the lack of a zoom function. All in all the original Gold version with communitiy patch did a better job for me.

On the other Hand, Blizzard never released something unpolished. so there's hope.

LoL, I guess you didnt try playing Diablo 3 right after release.
beef42
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Denmark1037 Posts
March 15 2017 13:31 GMT
#271
Hey, launch D3 was polished. Misguided, but polished.
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
March 15 2017 15:33 GMT
#272
Speculation masturbation. That's where we're at right now.
User was warned for being hilarious
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
March 15 2017 15:43 GMT
#273
On March 16 2017 00:33 [[Starlight]] wrote:
Speculation masturbation. That's where we're at right now.


You mean the human propensity to use our imaginations?
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
March 15 2017 15:45 GMT
#274
On March 15 2017 21:55 batsnacks wrote:
The official bnet servers for bw have been in bad shape for a long time like you can't play multiplayer bw without knowledge of private servers. Just an updated bnet service would be great.

Announcement seems suspicious though is the story here that Seoul Sports broke some NDA to announce this when an official announcement was coming in a week? All 1 month before the supposed release? idk about all that.


On March 15 2017 22:05 beef42 wrote:
Journalists do not sign NDAs. It is more likely that, if this whole thing is legit, the "leak" was intentional.


Blizzard is playing 4-D Chess.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
MrMischelito
Profile Joined February 2014
347 Posts
March 15 2017 15:46 GMT
#275
On March 15 2017 22:27 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 22:19 CrimeCat wrote:
On March 15 2017 21:45 Jae Zedong wrote:
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


What were their mistakes? I didn't really follow that release so I have no idea what happened.


I'm not sure if they patched it now in a better shape. I had more perfomance issues with the HD version than with the Original. Including crashes. Plus they messed with the LAN option due to Steam requirement. I may be biased but I also agree with some reviews that critized the graphical improvement and the lack of a zoom function. All in all the original Gold version with communitiy patch did a better job for me.

On the other Hand, Blizzard never released something unpolished. so there's hope.

LoL, I guess you didnt try playing Diablo 3 right after release.

hahaha omg
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-15 15:48:09
March 15 2017 15:47 GMT
#276
On March 16 2017 00:43 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2017 00:33 [[Starlight]] wrote:
Speculation masturbation. That's where we're at right now.


You mean the human propensity to use our imaginations?

You say tomato, I say tom-ah-to.

User was warned for being hilarious
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
March 15 2017 15:53 GMT
#277
On March 15 2017 22:27 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 22:19 CrimeCat wrote:
On March 15 2017 21:45 Jae Zedong wrote:
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


What were their mistakes? I didn't really follow that release so I have no idea what happened.


I'm not sure if they patched it now in a better shape. I had more perfomance issues with the HD version than with the Original. Including crashes. Plus they messed with the LAN option due to Steam requirement. I may be biased but I also agree with some reviews that critized the graphical improvement and the lack of a zoom function. All in all the original Gold version with communitiy patch did a better job for me.

On the other Hand, Blizzard never released something unpolished. so there's hope.

LoL, I guess you didnt try playing Diablo 3 right after release.



It was a turd alright, but it was most the polished turd I'd ever seen.

I think this move makes sense for Blizzard. The truth is though that part of the reason BW is so great is because the engine was limited, and they did some wonky things to make them work well enough for release, like the dragoon movement. Using a new engine may cause these things to work better, causing unforseen consequences on the meta.

But someone above put it best - this is just speculation masturbation. It's like meeting a new girl at school who is perfect, but haven't really gotten to know her yet and your first date is next week. Oh exciting times are ahead!
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-15 16:17:21
March 15 2017 16:17 GMT
#278
On March 16 2017 00:53 hoby2000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 22:27 -Archangel- wrote:
On March 15 2017 22:19 CrimeCat wrote:
On March 15 2017 21:45 Jae Zedong wrote:
On March 15 2017 20:11 CrimeCat wrote:
I'd be in for this. Hope they look closely at Microsoft and their mistakes with AoEII:HD.


What were their mistakes? I didn't really follow that release so I have no idea what happened.


I'm not sure if they patched it now in a better shape. I had more perfomance issues with the HD version than with the Original. Including crashes. Plus they messed with the LAN option due to Steam requirement. I may be biased but I also agree with some reviews that critized the graphical improvement and the lack of a zoom function. All in all the original Gold version with communitiy patch did a better job for me.

On the other Hand, Blizzard never released something unpolished. so there's hope.

LoL, I guess you didnt try playing Diablo 3 right after release.



It's like meeting a new girl at school who is perfect, but haven't really gotten to know her yet and your first date is next week. Oh exciting times are ahead!


+1. It could be the perfect relationship, full of happiness and unforeseen bliss... or, she could be the girl from the horror movie Audition, who will drug you, chain you up, and take a wire-saw to your ankles.

You just don't know 'til you know, y'know?

User was warned for being hilarious
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
March 15 2017 17:24 GMT
#279
It is more like you have the perfect gf now, but meet her look alike. now she may be as perfect as your gf, but may also be a total psycho.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-15 17:31:18
March 15 2017 17:30 GMT
#280
On March 15 2017 22:31 beef42 wrote:
Hey, launch D3 was polished. Misguided, but polished.

I don't know how your brain works but most people not being able to play for days and then having serious lag problems for weeks is not a polished experience. Not to mention the game was made so crazy hard they made it 2x easier only weeks after release and that is called terrible lack of balance which is again not a polished game.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1536
BeSt 295
Soma 157
Soulkey 155
sorry 118
Mind 69
Bale 27
ZergMaN 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 678
Counter-Strike
edward67
Other Games
summit1g9065
Coldzera 701
WinterStarcraft698
C9.Mang0269
Sick174
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2230
Other Games
• Shiphtur656
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.