• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7854 users

MOVIE TF]pLAsMa - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
January 21 2007 10:20 GMT
#41
Let me quote one of the greatest philosophers of our time:
"Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to suffering." (Yoda)
@riotsnowbird
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
January 21 2007 10:22 GMT
#42
STAR WARSSSSSSSSS
ba dum ba dahhhh bowww ba dahhhh
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
January 21 2007 10:23 GMT
#43
Or was it: Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to power. Power leads to victory?
@riotsnowbird
Larva
Profile Joined November 2005
United States363 Posts
January 21 2007 10:51 GMT
#44
On January 21 2007 18:31 Physician wrote:
# Larva

I just watched four of the mentioned fps movies.. they have of course 3d game engines in 1st person and 3rd person perspective that gives them more to work on..also in many of those movies they need multiple players to achieve them.. still as movie goes ..some are decent, some are bad, and all are just collections of game play clips - just like in our movies. For these reasons I too can say I have seen some much "better" and more entraining WOW movies, even though I do not play wow , than those q3 movies - but I don't cause to compare them is pointless..

Calling the movie "shit" is a good way to discourage people from trying at all to make movies, or even for its creator to bother next time. It was also terribly unfair since this movie is by no means "shit", in fact it is above average as our movies go. Movie making in our community is a rather recent activity too, and most of us here concentrate on playing, rather than being actors and/or movie making. Be thankful we have a few movie makers that even bother.

BTW.. Staredit.net is a community in itself with over 2000 members, why dis SEN saying its not a community? And why bring to mention the concept for using permanent web in competition gaming in this thread? It was actually new to everyone. Of course many of us have seen them in UMS and guys like deathknight have even made waterfalls out of them.. but it had not occurred to any one to actually use them in a well balanced melee map, at the chokes, for competition games.. and that was what was new.. why dis the idea? And what does it have to do with this thread? And whats wrong with people going "whoa" and "wow" here at tl.net with a good idea? It's better than "oh I've seen it all" & this is "shit"..

When you called this movie "shit" I was kind of expecting that you had indeed seen some glorious movies in other games. I watched a few and did not find this.. I gave you the benefit of the doubt initially but after watching the not so "glorious" q3 movies I have concluded your just an FPS crackhead discing our community & our movies. Had you been right I would have realized you had reason to compare - but neither did I see new ideas nor any gaming Spielberg..


FPS Crackhead? I still play more BW than I do FPS, and the only FPS I play so far is Soldat (if you coutn that one) and Q3 (rarely anymore, I suck major balls).

I don't know why you gave that movie a 9/10. I understand making those movies is hard work, but a 9/10 among other SC movies which I know you've probably seen which are better? Of course you don't think Q3 movies are impressive becuase you don't play any probably, although I'm just predicting. I PLAY BOTH and I'm only saying THIS movie sucked, and not any other SC movies.

BTW, I said my friend is NOT in a MAP MAKING COMMUNITY (MAP MAKING CLAN SUCH AS (U) IN USEAST) or Staredit.net. That is what I meant, not STaredit.net isn't a community. Jesus, I already love that site to the fullest and I go to it almost everyday just to read articles, browse the forums and try some new maps, I never meant that Staredit.net isn't a large SC map community. I was saying that my friend just makes maps for his own amusement and doesn't really communicate with other map makers and only really learns by himself and articles and stuff.

Also, the UMS Phantom is close to melee as the objective is to kill the "Phantom." I know it isn't a melee game, but it was still fun and I understand how permanent d-web can be used in a map with those webs at chokes and etc.

I've seen WoW movies, but I haven't played WoW since I'm too poor (sniffle). I've seen the vids and I'm only kinda confused when I watch, but I know I should be impressed. I don't call WoW movies shit because I don't know what SHIT is since I never played it. I've played RTS (SC, C&C '95 to Zero Hour) to FPS (Quake 1/Doom 3 to Quake 4/Half-Life 2) and atleast I have an idea of what I'm talking about since I watch RTS and FPS movies too. Whatever, since you're probably the favorite in this discussion, you win do whatever you want with me after this post, ban or whatnot.
LOL AT THIS GUY ABOVE ME.
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-21 21:16:16
January 21 2007 14:11 GMT
#45
Look, Physician, we all appreciate the efforts these people make.

HAVING SAID THAT, there is no earthly way you can give this movie a 9/10. We need to be realistic here.

The moves are uninspiring (wow, you can attack-move as well as medblock away like...10 zerglings...), the effects hurt your eyes and are overdone, the music transitions are too jarring and abrupt, you can't tell which player is supposed to be Plasma in some scenes, you can't even tell which player is supposed to be good in some scenes.

There are a ton of Starcraft movies that are better than this. For example:

Tribute to Space Marines
Pimpest Play movies
anything by dyo
Art of Protoss
XvX
Raven
Enemy
July Highlights (the old one by XellOs_Pluto)

and many, MANY more. I have eight GB of starcraft highlight movies on my hard drive (with even more ones that I thought were poorly-made deleted), and I can safely say this is one of the worse ones that is on there right now, and I'm really considering deleting this as well. To say that this is better than 90% of all other starcraft movies is blasphemy and truly insulting to those that make better movies

this deserves a 4/10, at most.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
January 21 2007 14:15 GMT
#46
Physician I think you need to look at more starcraft videos like the better made ones that GI listed before you give this a 9/10 -_-
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-21 22:32:43
January 21 2007 22:27 GMT
#47
Argue, argue, argue, pointless nit picking non stop.. it never will stop.. why I even bother.. I'd rather encourage and promote than go around claiming its a 4/10 movie, which it is not, besides when it comes to appreciation of any art it is all a question of tastes.. have a heart with these movie makers, quit being so freaking hard on them or we will get less and less people posting their movies/ideas here at teamliquid.. which was the very reason the author of this movie never even bothered to share it with us...wtf for? everyone knows you will just get flamed regardless by someone.. you all know what I mean too.

I do admire the brave; go make a movie plz ~
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 21 2007 22:49 GMT
#48
I thought the editing and effects were quite nice, while the text (i.e. "whoops" "no micro k") and "monster kill" sound effects were very distracting and perhaps even annoying... but that's my personal taste I suppose. The presentation was so professional, and yet for me, those two things seemed rather childish.

about the tosses just suiciding into mines without observers... well, no comment i guess. =X
chiflutz
Profile Joined June 2006
Romania1025 Posts
January 21 2007 23:38 GMT
#49
While we're on this topic, my friend hydrarulz here made a movie back when we were old-school players who thought 60 apm was gosu. I'd appreciate it if you could d/l it, watch it and comment a bit. Larva, Physician, GI, skyglow and haji, you're more than welcome to give it a look.
It's around 90 megs.
http://ingame.ingame.de/filebase/index.php/?action=download&fid=3242&cid=395
kt violet Korea (South). July 27 2012 15:54. Posts 23
paaltje
Profile Joined October 2004
Netherlands359 Posts
January 21 2007 23:43 GMT
#50
i gonna make my own movie too !
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 22 2007 00:14 GMT
#51
On January 22 2007 08:38 chiflutz wrote:
While we're on this topic, my friend hydrarulz here made a movie back when we were old-school players who thought 60 apm was gosu. I'd appreciate it if you could d/l it, watch it and comment a bit. Larva, Physician, GI, skyglow and haji, you're more than welcome to give it a look.
It's around 90 megs.
http://ingame.ingame.de/filebase/index.php/?action=download&fid=3242&cid=395


hehe i liked the synching of the marine shooting and music scream, as well as the carrier stasis part. Most ofthe content was you know um, 60apm gosu, but oh wells. At the end though... that terran could have gotten through the pylon prison by just lifting his port haha.
HydraRulz
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
Romania36 Posts
January 22 2007 07:01 GMT
#52
well 60-80 APM was gosu .

is it not??!?!?!?
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
January 22 2007 10:20 GMT
#53
On January 22 2007 08:38 chiflutz wrote:
While we're on this topic, my friend hydrarulz here made a movie back when we were old-school players who thought 60 apm was gosu. I'd appreciate it if you could d/l it, watch it and comment a bit. Larva, Physician, GI, skyglow and haji, you're more than welcome to give it a look.
It's around 90 megs.
http://ingame.ingame.de/filebase/index.php/?action=download&fid=3242&cid=395


I have that already, actually. It's a fine movie. Haven't seen it in a while but I didn't think it particularly bad or good.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-22 11:21:32
January 22 2007 10:39 GMT
#54
Dling that movie now chilfutz.

Nicely done, that was pretty good.
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
January 22 2007 11:15 GMT
#55
Nice movie, really enjoyed watching it. Pro editing with visuals and music, really nice work!
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
chiflutz
Profile Joined June 2006
Romania1025 Posts
January 23 2007 08:45 GMT
#56
My friend would say thanks, but he's sleeping right now.
On January 22 2007 19:39 skyglow1 wrote:
Dling that movie now chilfutz.

Gotta love my nick.
kt violet Korea (South). July 27 2012 15:54. Posts 23
HydraRulz
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
Romania36 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-23 13:55:44
January 23 2007 13:54 GMT
#57
well, i say thanks right now.

_______ | | || |\ | | / -----------
| | | | | | \ | | / |
| |_____| | | | \ | | / -----------
| | | |____| | \ | | \ |
| | | | | | \| | \ ------------



i cannot do ascii art here
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1461
910 96
Bale 30
ZergMaN 22
Aegong 20
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
summit1g9265
PiGStarcraft465
ceh9212
Sick177
ArmadaUGS133
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream256
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1468
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 18m
OSC
6h 18m
Stellar Fest
6h 18m
OSC
17h 18m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.