• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8140 users

BW General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 519 520 521 Next
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
September 11 2013 05:09 GMT
#81
You don't know broodwar until you've had the 8 player melee...
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
September 11 2013 05:19 GMT
#82
On September 11 2013 11:38 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 02:11 amazingxkcd wrote:
On September 10 2013 00:54 s.Q.uelched wrote:
On September 08 2013 03:37 ArvickHero wrote:
why don't zergs abuse parasite more

And burrow. I also think hallucination in PvT is super underrated.


problem with hallu is that the gig's up when terran scans or has vessels out


I might be wrong, but I don't think that hallucinations in Brood War are revealed by detection. The reason hallucinations aren't used much has more to do with the high energy cost than anything else. How would you use hallucinations anyway, against Terran; baiting EMPs with fake arbiters might be useful, or tanking for the real arbiter for a mass recall, but I don't see much use of hallucination beyond that.


Recalls are basically what hallucinations are used for. It is the spells most common use, anyway. It's not really "Nonstandard", but it's not something you see every game, either. I saw it a bunch of times in pro league, and from Korean streams.

Now I'm going to watch the game that apparently proves Bisu disagrees.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 05:23:14
September 11 2013 05:22 GMT
#83
On September 11 2013 12:03 Falling wrote:
I don't think you need to lose 200 games to get a win. I got a win after 30 games.


It's what I needed, when I started out having little to no RTS skill or experience. I suppose this guy got to diamond in SC2, so he might need less. If you needed less, that's cool.

Like I said, though, I had a great time. The first time I survived to get ultralisks in ZvP was really cool. I was really quite pumped up.

Edit: Oh, damn, it's the classic zealot hallucination to drag mines and cause siege tank splash without losing units.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 05:34:50
September 11 2013 05:33 GMT
#84
On September 11 2013 12:03 Falling wrote:
I don't think you need to win 200 games to get a win. I got a win after 30 games. But you have to put in the grunt work somewhere even if not on ladder. I spent a lot of time playing just against comps to work on macro and build order openings. And practicing keyboard macro patterns on loading screens of other games. (I was playing Mass Effect at the time.) My macro still sucks, but it got good enough to win games on ladder.

But that's not all I did. I had lots of fun playing giant lan games with my friends. It's not as frequent now that I'm out of uni, but some of still get together. Last time was in July 2v2v3. I played offrace and had the 20apm ally to balance me out. Total blast.

I won my first game after 7 losses - Granted that I played a lot of vs Comp before that so I had *some* limited and distorted experience.

I believe I 2 Fact vulture all-inned some Protoss and since he made DTs and I was bad (Not placing enough defensive mines) He got into my base and wrecked it - killed all my SCVs, but since I killed all his workers and mined him in into his base he couldn't do anything, but wait until all his buildings died.

Then I went 1-15 and after that things started going better for me slowly gravitating to a 33% winrate versus D... It all went up hill from there. I'm currently trying to *not* get raped by those god damn C/C+ players.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Byzantium
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States423 Posts
September 11 2013 05:41 GMT
#85
On September 11 2013 14:19 vOdToasT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 11:38 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On September 10 2013 02:11 amazingxkcd wrote:
On September 10 2013 00:54 s.Q.uelched wrote:
On September 08 2013 03:37 ArvickHero wrote:
why don't zergs abuse parasite more

And burrow. I also think hallucination in PvT is super underrated.


problem with hallu is that the gig's up when terran scans or has vessels out


I might be wrong, but I don't think that hallucinations in Brood War are revealed by detection. The reason hallucinations aren't used much has more to do with the high energy cost than anything else. How would you use hallucinations anyway, against Terran; baiting EMPs with fake arbiters might be useful, or tanking for the real arbiter for a mass recall, but I don't see much use of hallucination beyond that.


Recalls are basically what hallucinations are used for. It is the spells most common use, anyway. It's not really "Nonstandard", but it's not something you see every game, either. I saw it a bunch of times in pro league, and from Korean streams.

Now I'm going to watch the game that apparently proves Bisu disagrees.


It's impossible to have a discussion of Hallucination go by without reference to perhaps the most famous Hallucination Recall ever! Nal_rA too good.

MSL 2052
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
September 11 2013 16:36 GMT
#86
On September 11 2013 07:18 Iway wrote:
how come there was no such thread :/ ?


Well, we used to have big topics that could just go in their own threads, but nowadays it has become more useful to have a GD thread I think, where we can kinda just talk about whatever. Just comes with how the playerbase/scene/TL userbase changed.
TranslatorBaa!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
September 11 2013 17:45 GMT
#87
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today
In the woods, there lurks..
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
September 11 2013 18:00 GMT
#88
On September 12 2013 02:45 Iplaythings wrote:
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today

Kwanro started streaming~~:D
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Amanebak
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Czech Republic528 Posts
September 11 2013 19:22 GMT
#89
On September 12 2013 03:00 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 02:45 Iplaythings wrote:
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today

Kwanro started streaming~~:D

That's amazing! I thought that he would not have time to stream (studies etc.)
BW
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
September 11 2013 20:28 GMT
#90
Where are spoiler free vods for SRT16 finals?
BW4Life!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
September 11 2013 21:00 GMT
#91
On September 12 2013 03:00 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 02:45 Iplaythings wrote:
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today

Kwanro started streaming~~:D

oh boy.

playing pvz on desti is now suddenly a test of manhood and wallproof defenses and defending your back ramp minerals with your lfie!
In the woods, there lurks..
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
September 12 2013 00:53 GMT
#92
On September 12 2013 02:45 Iplaythings wrote:
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today

On ICCup or Fish server? What ranks?
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
September 12 2013 02:21 GMT
#93
Do you guys think it would be helpful to have a single 'BW Pro is streaming' thread so we can organize it in some way and link vods?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
September 12 2013 03:41 GMT
#94
On September 12 2013 11:21 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Do you guys think it would be helpful to have a single 'BW Pro is streaming' thread so we can organize it in some way and link vods?


Would love to see all the Nada vods in one place.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 12 2013 03:47 GMT
#95
^ ps haven't seen nada stream in a while now, hope he streams soon :/

On September 12 2013 11:21 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Do you guys think it would be helpful to have a single 'BW Pro is streaming' thread so we can organize it in some way and link vods?

It would be but it'll take a lot of work to get all the vods of the different BW players in one place. How far back are you thinking in regards to this?

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
September 12 2013 06:01 GMT
#96
isnt that what the snipealot thread is for
Writerptrk
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
September 12 2013 07:33 GMT
#97
On September 12 2013 11:21 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Do you guys think it would be helpful to have a single 'BW Pro is streaming' thread so we can organize it in some way and link vods?

The first thing that we should do is to feature 2 other snipealot's streams.. 1 and 3. Because, for uknown to me, reasons the only one that is featured is the snipealot2 stream..
T H C makes ppl happy
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
September 12 2013 07:35 GMT
#98
[image loading]
have some in_dove from long ago (just shared on his fb)
I wish I could see more of his bio, it was such a pleasure to look at ;;
En Taro Violet
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-12 08:55:26
September 12 2013 08:54 GMT
#99
On September 12 2013 09:53 oDieN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 02:45 Iplaythings wrote:
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today

On ICCup or Fish server? What ranks?

D+ on my way to C atm (iccup)

Smurfs are every, its kinda riddic how many 1200 or so point accounts that butcher me on the ladder.

Did new season just start or what
In the woods, there lurks..
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
September 12 2013 08:57 GMT
#100
On September 12 2013 17:54 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 09:53 oDieN wrote:
On September 12 2013 02:45 Iplaythings wrote:
Am I the only PvZ'er which has seen 80% ninepools or overpool gas builds in their pvz's today? It's fucking riddic how much ling aggression there is today

On ICCup or Fish server? What ranks?

D+ on my way to C atm (iccup)

Smurfs are every, its kinda riddic how many 1200 or so point accounts that butcher me on the ladder.

Did new season just start or what

Zergs are going to continue to do overpool or some kind of pool first openings as long as the protoss continue to scout early and be able to block that 12 hatch.
Flash should fear Sacsri
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 519 520 521 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft152
Nina 57
ViBE43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14270
ZZZero.O 153
Dewaltoss 138
firebathero 92
Hyuk 77
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm109
febbydoto45
League of Legends
Doublelift3486
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5900
Other Games
summit1g6689
FrodaN2374
fl0m737
mouzStarbuck417
KnowMe274
JimRising 238
ToD204
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King36
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• musti20045 32
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen112
Other Games
• imaqtpie786
• Shiphtur224
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 49m
INu's Battles
13h 49m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 49m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 49m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.