• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:29
CEST 10:29
KST 17:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8456 users

iCCup - Reranked! - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 19:55:33
March 07 2013 19:54 GMT
#61
On March 08 2013 03:50 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 22:04 Reason wrote:
Stupid question : Where am I on this list ?

Use Ctrl-F to find your iCCup ID. If it isn't there yet, then the script hasn't caught up to the matches you've played in. It's up to about match 3000 out of more than 14000 matches so it might take another day or so to catch up, I'm not sure.

I had a few accounts on the list which are now missing. o.o
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 08 2013 00:58 GMT
#62
On March 08 2013 04:54 Sero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2013 03:50 Birdie wrote:
On March 07 2013 22:04 Reason wrote:
Stupid question : Where am I on this list ?

Use Ctrl-F to find your iCCup ID. If it isn't there yet, then the script hasn't caught up to the matches you've played in. It's up to about match 3000 out of more than 14000 matches so it might take another day or so to catch up, I'm not sure.

I had a few accounts on the list which are now missing. o.o

As I said before, I reset the ranking because I had wrong matches being ranked, so it is going through all the matches again and re-ranking them. They should be all up to date in a few hours.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
bulbasaur)
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland11 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-08 02:40:20
March 08 2013 02:37 GMT
#63
There are 1 game accounts on this list, that is silly. I think you can guess real ELO after 5 games. I won just a one game and im 4ish...
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 08 2013 02:40 GMT
#64
On March 08 2013 11:37 bulbasaur) wrote:
There are 1 game accounts on this list, that is silly. I think you can guess real ELO after 5 games. I won just a one game and im 427...

Your uncertainty (the number after the +/-) will be very high after one game. So the ranking is clearly not accurate after one game, because of the uncertainty.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
bulbasaur)
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland11 Posts
March 08 2013 02:49 GMT
#65
So maybe hide low games acc
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-08 03:26:19
March 08 2013 03:20 GMT
#66
No, because people want to see their rankings :O

Still buggy, because I can see dM-Spartacus has only played 21 games on iCCup but my rankings say he's played 26, I'll have a look for the bug and see if I can find it.

EDIT
Found the bug, fixing now. Hrmph.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
March 08 2013 04:50 GMT
#67
Hmm I don't appear in the ranking anymore
ॐ
blueblimp
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada297 Posts
March 08 2013 05:07 GMT
#68
TrueSkill handles uncertainty by subtracting 3 times the uncertainty from the player's mean skill in order to get a "level" representing a lower confidence bound on how good the player is. It works pretty well to avoid over-ranking players who don't play much, and as a side effect works decently for ladders that want to reward players for playing often.

I think the same approach could work with the ratings you're using.
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 08 2013 11:03 GMT
#69
This is a really refreshing way to look at ICCup. The ranking has been so off for so long. This will actually make me play even more, thaaaaanks Birdie!!
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-08 11:05:22
March 08 2013 11:05 GMT
#70
On March 08 2013 03:50 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2013 00:02 Darksoldierr wrote:
After line 954 on the site, the table loses its red background color

What browser are you using?

I also have this problem.

Firefox

Edit: Sorry for DP...
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
March 08 2013 11:18 GMT
#71
If you want any help I'm happy to pitch in if u wanna github it and I can add features and bug fix whatever
Writer
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 08 2013 11:27 GMT
#72
I'll look into the Firefox bug and see what I can do. Till then, use Chrome ;o

I've fixed the matches being double-counted bug, and it's up to something like 12000 games out of the current 17000 so it's not too far off being caught up, sometime tomorrow it should catch up.

Kiante, I can do that but my code is terrible terrible awful looking code, I'll clean it up to the best of my lowly ability before I put it on github.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
March 08 2013 11:38 GMT
#73
It's fine dude. I'm used to awful code. i could do refactoring if you want. just throw it up even on a private repository if you're feeling self concious or whatever and I can do some work and submit it as a patch for you to review. got some time on monday as its a public holiday here
Writer
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 10 2013 02:17 GMT
#74
1 SuperKorean2 2187.73 ± 73 50 43 7
2 SuperKorean 2164.46 ± 86 34 31 3


There's a 23 point difference between two accounts of the same player, at a fairly large difference in games. That pretty much proves that the ranking is working, as one player should end up with very similiar points as any of his alternate accounts as long as he plays enough games to give the system a reasonable amount of accuracy. It will be interesting to see how many other dual accounts end up close on the points chart.

Kiante is adding in a very nice pagination/sorting system, and I'll be adding in stats pages during this next week. I'm pretty busy with university so we'll see how it goes. We may also switch everything into an MVC framework, as Kiante thinks it's a good idea and I should learn how to use MVC anyway, but the external effect should be unnoticed so don't worry about that.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
March 10 2013 03:31 GMT
#75
Awesome guys! This is gonna be pretty cool wish I could code (well)
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 12 2013 23:16 GMT
#76
I'll start working on this again. It's currently ranked about 31k matches out of nearly 50k so I think iCCup is playing games faster than it can add them to the database, which is annoying.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
March 12 2013 23:28 GMT
#77
losing rating to 1000 point C+ players is rage inducing
zimp
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary959 Posts
March 13 2013 00:23 GMT
#78
can you also make it count map statistics?
agentzimp
TL+ Member
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
March 13 2013 01:23 GMT
#79
On March 08 2013 20:27 Birdie wrote:
I'll look into the Firefox bug and see what I can do. Till then, use Chrome ;o

I've fixed the matches being double-counted bug, and it's up to something like 12000 games out of the current 17000 so it's not too far off being caught up, sometime tomorrow it should catch up.

Kiante, I can do that but my code is terrible terrible awful looking code, I'll clean it up to the best of my lowly ability before I put it on github.


Hey, can I volunteer for this too? I'm looking for a side project that's hopefully interesting and involves machine learning or statistics. I don't know how much 'interesting work' you have left though.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 13 2013 01:43 GMT
#80
On March 13 2013 10:23 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2013 20:27 Birdie wrote:
I'll look into the Firefox bug and see what I can do. Till then, use Chrome ;o

I've fixed the matches being double-counted bug, and it's up to something like 12000 games out of the current 17000 so it's not too far off being caught up, sometime tomorrow it should catch up.

Kiante, I can do that but my code is terrible terrible awful looking code, I'll clean it up to the best of my lowly ability before I put it on github.


Hey, can I volunteer for this too? I'm looking for a side project that's hopefully interesting and involves machine learning or statistics. I don't know how much 'interesting work' you have left though.

You can put in any features you want into the github page and I'll look at them and consider adding them to the main source, if you like, but it's not a big enough project for me to be handing out any more jobs than what myself and Kiante already have. Thanks for the offer though!

On March 13 2013 09:23 zimp wrote:
can you also make it count map statistics?

Yes, doing that now.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 31m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.