• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8289 users

iCCup - Reranked! - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
zimp
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary959 Posts
March 13 2013 10:49 GMT
#81
On March 13 2013 10:43 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2013 09:23 zimp wrote:
can you also make it count map statistics?

Yes, doing that now.


i mean like this, on the right side: http://www.iccup.com/mapinfo/iccup_fighting_spirit_1.3.html
but with higher numbers, because iccup stopped counting it.

would be cool. please let us know where can we see it.
agentzimp
TL+ Member
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
March 13 2013 15:10 GMT
#82
Will clear stats affect this at all?
Also I agree, it'd be cool to have racial balance stats for each map :D
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 13 2013 18:10 GMT
#83
On March 14 2013 00:10 traceurling wrote:
Will clear stats affect this at all?
Also I agree, it'd be cool to have racial balance stats for each map :D

Clear stats is ignored by the ranking as long as it managed to pick up the match before you cleared your stats.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
March 13 2013 18:55 GMT
#84
On March 14 2013 03:10 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 00:10 traceurling wrote:
Will clear stats affect this at all?
Also I agree, it'd be cool to have racial balance stats for each map :D

Clear stats is ignored by the ranking as long as it managed to pick up the match before you cleared your stats.

Does that mean if someone is trying to go for a flawless record, and clearstats ASAP after every loss, they will get to the top of your ladder because your scraper will only scrape their wins?
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
March 13 2013 19:05 GMT
#85
Clearstats doesn't erase matches from your match list so it shouldn't affect this ranking. Even if it did, you can only clearstats once every two weeks, so maximum 12 times in a season which isn't much.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
March 13 2013 19:19 GMT
#86
You should have some awards if possible/not too time insuring to implement like "highest win rate/number of wins against each race, highest win rate/number of wins, most number of games played, most games lost etc xD
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
March 13 2013 20:15 GMT
#87
i wish there was a search function when you want to find players lol
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 05:50:27
March 13 2013 20:20 GMT
#88
On March 14 2013 05:15 sabas123 wrote:
i wish there was a search function when you want to find players lol

CTRL+F, type in player name

@Birdie, there still seem to be some glitches, the 1st and 3rd player have more games on your thing than iCCup says...small amount like only a couple matches dunno if it makes a big difference..maybe they cleared stats? Also my game list says I have 25 games according to you, but iCCup says I only have 22...small difference but just letting you know might be a bug somewhere...

Would it be possible to (easily) display average APM also? Just as random trivia...
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-20 03:42:13
March 20 2013 03:39 GMT
#89
I'm a wolf.

Edit: Apparently, this bump wasn't "accurate" enough, but Birdie wants to let you know to check this thing out, okay?

http://www.templesiege.com/mapstats.php

It's the stats of all the maps.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 20 2013 04:04 GMT
#90
awesome work man!
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
March 20 2013 04:19 GMT
#91
That is awesome. Do you exclude all the maps that iccup reads as "-" on their website?

Also! According to this, the most common matchup played on FS is PvT at 32%. And the least common is tvt at 3.2% =D Very cool.
Rlentless
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong322 Posts
March 20 2013 04:41 GMT
#92
On March 20 2013 13:19 Capricis wrote:
That is awesome. Do you exclude all the maps that iccup reads as "-" on their website?

Also! According to this, the most common matchup played on FS is PvT at 32%. And the least common is tvt at 3.2% =D Very cool.


This is why I go to fish for tvt practice. :x
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-20 10:07:02
March 20 2013 09:30 GMT
#93
On March 20 2013 13:19 Capricis wrote:
That is awesome. Do you exclude all the maps that iccup reads as "-" on their website?

Also! According to this, the most common matchup played on FS is PvT at 32%. And the least common is tvt at 3.2% =D Very cool.

I'm not sure about the maps that iCCup reads as -, but I'm fairly sure they're excluded.

I can't check APM, sorry tracurling.

I AM NOW MAKING SOME MAJOR FIXES TO THE RANKING CODE SO EVERYTHING YOU SEE THERE WILL NOT BE ACCURATE.

The map stats should still be correct.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
March 21 2013 06:22 GMT
#94
Fyi, Dante's Peak seems broken on map stats...possible because of the ' in Dante's?
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 21 2013 10:46 GMT
#95
On March 21 2013 15:22 traceurling wrote:
Fyi, Dante's Peak seems broken on map stats...possible because of the ' in Dante's?

Yes. I'm aware of that issue. No time to fix stuff as I've had a really busy day and will be somewhat busy for half of tomorrow. After that we'll see.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
March 21 2013 11:43 GMT
#96
So, can we get some 2v2 stats? GJ so far!
Need a light?
blueblimp
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada297 Posts
March 28 2013 08:51 GMT
#97
I'm giving this a shot with TrueSkill. Boy is scraping iCCup frustrating. I'm getting the information from players' match lists, since that way I can get as many as 25 games per request. Even doing that, it's brutally slow. I've been running it for nearly a day now and it's nowhere near done.

Keeping the game database up-to-date will be even nastier. I don't see any better way to do it than to request the individual details pages for games (for example http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/details/123435.html). Given that thousands of games are played per day, that'd barely even process games as fast as they are generated!

So yeah, if you have some trick for scraping the site, I'd love to hear it.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 28 2013 09:14 GMT
#98
On March 28 2013 17:51 blueblimp wrote:
I'm giving this a shot with TrueSkill. Boy is scraping iCCup frustrating. I'm getting the information from players' match lists, since that way I can get as many as 25 games per request. Even doing that, it's brutally slow. I've been running it for nearly a day now and it's nowhere near done.

Keeping the game database up-to-date will be even nastier. I don't see any better way to do it than to request the individual details pages for games (for example http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/details/123435.html). Given that thousands of games are played per day, that'd barely even process games as fast as they are generated!

So yeah, if you have some trick for scraping the site, I'd love to hear it.

Huh, I just realized the matchlist file actually displays the map played on, which is one thing I didn't think it did. Perhaps I should switch to scraping that way.

Anyway what I do is just brute force go through every match (http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/details/1.html all the way until it 404's). When it 404's I stop, and the script starts again after half an hour. It's set up as a cron job that runs every half hour. Without direct access to the iCCup database (not going to happen I think) I don't know of a better way to do it.

In case no one noticed, I broke iCCup reranked and haven't had a chance to fix it, might have time tomorrow though as it's Easter Friday.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
blueblimp
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada297 Posts
March 28 2013 09:24 GMT
#99
On March 28 2013 18:14 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 17:51 blueblimp wrote:
I'm giving this a shot with TrueSkill. Boy is scraping iCCup frustrating. I'm getting the information from players' match lists, since that way I can get as many as 25 games per request. Even doing that, it's brutally slow. I've been running it for nearly a day now and it's nowhere near done.

Keeping the game database up-to-date will be even nastier. I don't see any better way to do it than to request the individual details pages for games (for example http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/details/123435.html). Given that thousands of games are played per day, that'd barely even process games as fast as they are generated!

So yeah, if you have some trick for scraping the site, I'd love to hear it.

Huh, I just realized the matchlist file actually displays the map played on, which is one thing I didn't think it did. Perhaps I should switch to scraping that way.

Anyway what I do is just brute force go through every match (http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/details/1.html all the way until it 404's). When it 404's I stop, and the script starts again after half an hour. It's set up as a cron job that runs every half hour. Without direct access to the iCCup database (not going to happen I think) I don't know of a better way to do it.

In case no one noticed, I broke iCCup reranked and haven't had a chance to fix it, might have time tomorrow though as it's Easter Friday.

Thanks. The breakage was partly what motivated me to give it a try.

Using match lists is pretty good for initially populating the database. But not too good--to request the match list page, you need the player's ID, so a request per player is still necessary to find that out. Plus it only shows 25 games per page, you see every game twice (once for each player), and the last page of games has fewer than 25. So although it's better than requesting the individual game details, it's not THAT much better.

I'm uncertain how to keep up with games using match lists. Maybe scrape players at an interval determined by their activity?
blueblimp
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada297 Posts
March 29 2013 05:24 GMT
#100
Alright, I have my version up at http://malcolmsharpe.github.com/iccup-ratings/html/leaderboard.html. I started scraping 2-3 days ago, so some recent games aren't factored into the calculation.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1461
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 376
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1461
RotterdaM 969
MaxPax 224
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC 183
RuFF_SC2 131
ZombieGrub108
UpATreeSC 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2633
Shuttle 456
Dewaltoss 114
910 66
Mind 59
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1117
Fnx 692
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu831
Other Games
summit1g3666
Grubby3088
Beastyqt741
shahzam496
C9.Mang0171
mouzStarbuck127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 180
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade546
Other Games
• imaqtpie657
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.