• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

iCCup - Reranked! - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
March 06 2013 09:43 GMT
#41
On March 06 2013 17:35 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 16:55 Sayle wrote:
Could you make the player names into links to their ICCup profiles?

Done.

Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 17:23 2Pacalypse- wrote:
edit: also, you should make some pagination on the site

Will do, if and when I add in search capability. I'll add in iCCup-style letter rankings once there are more matches ranked so that it will seem roughly similar to the actual iCCup rankings.

I'm pretty confident there is a somewhat major bug in there somewhere, which I'm looking for. Basically there are matches being added which are NOT 1v1s on official maps, so I'll have to find out where those matches are coming from and why my scraper is adding them when it shouldn't be.

So how about sorting it by most placed race..
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
LRM)TechnicS
Profile Joined May 2008
Bulgaria1565 Posts
March 06 2013 11:15 GMT
#42
looks awesome, good job, Birdie xD
I'm not really into ranking systems but I suppose it took a lot of efforts to do that so mad props about that !
Enjoy the game
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
March 06 2013 11:24 GMT
#43
Technics doesn't care about ranking systems because he's #1 in every system.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 16:33:08
March 06 2013 13:23 GMT
#44
On March 06 2013 17:35 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 16:55 Sayle wrote:
Could you make the player names into links to their ICCup profiles?

Done.

Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 17:23 2Pacalypse- wrote:
edit: also, you should make some pagination on the site

Will do, if and when I add in search capability. I'll add in iCCup-style letter rankings once there are more matches ranked so that it will seem roughly similar to the actual iCCup rankings.

I'm pretty confident there is a somewhat major bug in there somewhere, which I'm looking for. Basically there are matches being added which are NOT 1v1s on official maps, so I'll have to find out where those matches are coming from and why my scraper is adding them when it shouldn't be.


Those are 1v1s on non-ladder maps. I am 3-0 on ladder maps, and 3-0 on FMP, and I appear in the ranking with a 6-0 record.
I assume that the current filter is taking all 1v1 games.
ॐ
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 13:36:44
March 06 2013 13:35 GMT
#45
"Finally, note that the system is NOT the same as Fish server's ranking system, and the points bear no relation to Fish."

WHY NOT?
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
March 06 2013 13:36 GMT
#46
On March 06 2013 22:35 iFU.pauline wrote:
"Finally, note that the system is NOT the same as Fish server's ranking system, and the points bear no relation to Fish."

WHY NOT?

Because Fish's ranking system sucks.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
March 06 2013 14:15 GMT
#47
i suck in both rankings, so it doesnt matter
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
GeckoVOD
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Germany814 Posts
March 06 2013 15:04 GMT
#48
On March 06 2013 22:35 iFU.pauline wrote:
"Finally, note that the system is NOT the same as Fish server's ranking system, and the points bear no relation to Fish."

WHY NOT?


I dare say, even if he used the Elo Number (Fish system), the ranks couldn't be compared.
@DonGeckone on Twitterstuff // JOIN THE YODA FANCLUB OR YOU'RE REALLY REALLY UNCOOL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=398220
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 16:08:03
March 06 2013 16:02 GMT
#49
Hmm seems it's not updating. At least my ranking.

You're using PHP with curl and cronjob every hour, going trough the match pages of each player?

This is probably a pretty high load on iccup's server at each hour, unless you have direct access to their DB or some API, which I highly doubt. (that would also take a pretty high load, but less)
I suggest not updating everything every hour, but having it evenly distributed trough an hour so it lightens the load to the iccup server at the hour mark. Like, make a for loop that runs trough the accounts and make it update each after $one_hour_in_ms/$total_account_number. Or making it update everything in more than an hour.

If I had a page like iccup and limited server power, if it caused problems for my server, I'd probably block the ip of your server. XD

I really like this though.
Dunno how good you are at this, but if you need help with anything let me know, I used to dabble in that stuff a while back.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1210 Posts
March 06 2013 16:30 GMT
#50
after around 950 or so players the red background is gone, and only the website background is there, and you can see much inside the brackets.
Flash should fear Sacsri
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
March 06 2013 16:33 GMT
#51
On March 07 2013 01:30 art_of_turtle wrote:
after around 950 or so players the red background is gone, and only the website background is there, and you can see much inside the brackets.


What browser are you using ? I am using Opera and I have the red background until the end.
ॐ
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 06 2013 16:33 GMT
#52
On March 07 2013 01:02 quirinus wrote:
Hmm seems it's not updating. At least my ranking.

You're using PHP with curl and cronjob every hour, going trough the match pages of each player?

This is probably a pretty high load on iccup's server at each hour, unless you have direct access to their DB or some API, which I highly doubt. (that would also take a pretty high load, but less)
I suggest not updating everything every hour, but having it evenly distributed trough an hour so it lightens the load to the iccup server at the hour mark. Like, make a for loop that runs trough the accounts and make it update each after $one_hour_in_ms/$total_account_number. Or making it update everything in more than an hour.

If I had a page like iccup and limited server power, if it caused problems for my server, I'd probably block the ip of your server. XD

I really like this though.
Dunno how good you are at this, but if you need help with anything let me know, I used to dabble in that stuff a while back.


Thats a very good concern.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 06 2013 18:14 GMT
#53
On March 07 2013 01:02 quirinus wrote:
Hmm seems it's not updating. At least my ranking.

You're using PHP with curl and cronjob every hour, going trough the match pages of each player?

This is probably a pretty high load on iccup's server at each hour, unless you have direct access to their DB or some API, which I highly doubt. (that would also take a pretty high load, but less)
I suggest not updating everything every hour, but having it evenly distributed trough an hour so it lightens the load to the iccup server at the hour mark. Like, make a for loop that runs trough the accounts and make it update each after $one_hour_in_ms/$total_account_number. Or making it update everything in more than an hour.

If I had a page like iccup and limited server power, if it caused problems for my server, I'd probably block the ip of your server. XD

I really like this though.
Dunno how good you are at this, but if you need help with anything let me know, I used to dabble in that stuff a while back.

It's not updating because I bugged something while trying to fix another bug and I don't have time to put things back the way they were before. The cron job/php script that scrapes the info from iCCup runs every half an hour, and takes about quarter of an hour to complete, so splitting the load wouldn't do much.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Kabras
Profile Joined June 2011
Romania3508 Posts
March 06 2013 18:20 GMT
#54
[B]
Players are given a points ranking based on the system's guess at where their skill is

What? what's the system's guess based on?
"So playing SF in pubs, everyone remember that a very important point is that when using a carry hero like this you must be very selfish. Because working with team mates is a very dangerous thing" - 2009
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1210 Posts
March 06 2013 18:27 GMT
#55
On March 07 2013 01:33 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 01:30 art_of_turtle wrote:
after around 950 or so players the red background is gone, and only the website background is there, and you can see much inside the brackets.


What browser are you using ? I am using Opera and I have the red background until the end.


I fixed the problem. I had stopscript on so it was only showing it up to half, so i just allowed the scripts to run.
Flash should fear Sacsri
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 06 2013 18:40 GMT
#56
On March 07 2013 03:20 Kabras wrote:
Show nested quote +
[B]
Players are given a points ranking based on the system's guess at where their skill is

What? what's the system's guess based on?

Based on the matches you've played and the points ranking of the players you won and lost against.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
March 07 2013 03:52 GMT
#57
I have reset the ranking and started scanning again, after hopefully fixing the bug where matches would show up with games that are not on official iCCup maps. It should be up to date in a few hours.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
March 07 2013 13:04 GMT
#58
Stupid question : Where am I on this list ?
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
March 07 2013 15:02 GMT
#59
After line 954 on the site, the table loses its red background color
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 19:01:05
March 07 2013 18:50 GMT
#60
On March 08 2013 00:02 Darksoldierr wrote:
After line 954 on the site, the table loses its red background color

What browser are you using?

On March 07 2013 22:04 Reason wrote:
Stupid question : Where am I on this list ?

Use Ctrl-F to find your iCCup ID. If it isn't there yet, then the script hasn't caught up to the matches you've played in. It's up to about match 3000 out of more than 14000 matches so it might take another day or so to catch up, I'm not sure.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 242
SteadfastSC 148
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD54
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2295
shahzam584
C9.Mang0184
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 67
• Hupsaiya 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21240
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.