• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8927 users

[Map] Viscosity - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
January 08 2010 17:17 GMT
#21
Can't terran siege the other gas from his natural?
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
January 08 2010 17:32 GMT
#22
Yes they can
POGGERS
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
January 08 2010 17:57 GMT
#23
Your mains seem a little too spacious. The starting locations seem a little far from the nats too. Should watch the clutter you place, like the cliff-stuff on the edges of the mains, I don't think those are necessary at all. I'd rather they were either extra main space or extra walking space since the mains don't need extra space. Especially the stuff between the nats and mains, what are those for? Top left and bottom left mains are pretty different from eachother, I think you should work on your rotational symmetry a little more, and not just in the mains.

To me those bridges stick out and look ugly, regular terrain would imo look better.

Are the crystal-blocked paths tight like bluestorm nat path? If not, maybe just use terrain or a doodad to tighten the path, the crystals look out of place to me.

I think I'd either give the min onlys gas or put them on highground and give them a ramp, they seem very vulnerable for their relative lack of economic and strategic/positional worth.

I don't like the water/cliff in the middle that tightens the path out of the nat into the middle. I agree that the middle would be too open without this, but I think it feels awkward with it, that you should do something different with the middle than this. You're making main2main distances longer this way, I don't see any real reason why that would be advantageous.
Just, I think the middle needs a fair amount of thought and work. Except in corners vs corners there's little reason to use most of the middle, as all of the expansions are on the extreme sides. This differs from a similar map Tornado, where the middle is needed to use because the side-oriented paths are fairly tight and treacherous (the highground can be particularly nasty at times)

Overall the shapes of things feel awkward to me, think you could go over everything and make it more shapely. Often this means rounder. Just compare the shapes of your nats, mains, and expos with that of promaps. For example, your gas expos seem too spacious. What's the point of that excess space? It's hard to attack so it's not like players will fill the extra space with defense. They've got more than enough room to do that already, even if it was a particularly vulnerable expansion, which it isn't. Though, if the paths are tight, this just forces players to attack through drops, and extra space like that makes it more difficult to defend drops.
Kind going along with shape, I think the map is too flat. I think you need more altitudal variety.

I think decoration could be better just generally. You've just got kind of ugly splooches of different terrain here and there. I like your doodad use though, except for the mass of trees to the right of bottom left's nat.

As far as balance/gameplay go... I think the gas expos seem very awkward for z. Since they'll take nats or mains instead it probably doesn't matter, but it seems silly to make those relatively easily accessible and nearby expansions significantly less viable than the farther bases. Atleast on Fighting Spirit you have a viable choice between taking a main/nat or the gas expo first.

I don't think I like the gas expos. If you wanted tight paths, might be easier to have made them high dirt and give them 815 ramps. I don't think this encourages low tech unit use however, I think it just makes them semi-island expos that you attack by dropping.

Overall map feels like Tornado with semi-island gas expos to me. So I suppose in that sense you've succeeded in making a macro-oriented map, but I don't think that's too difficult to accomplish.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
January 08 2010 18:07 GMT
#24
Whoa, thanks for the huge post.

- Yeah, I've noticed I have a tenancy to use those doodads at the edge of the mains. Also, the reason why this map has a bit of difference between top left/btm right and top right/btm left is that I totally took no reference from any other maps at all. I guess this is something I should and could work on.

- Just looking at the minimap it kind of is, but in actual gameplay I didn't find it that outstanding (as ugly).

- Yes, I was thinking of how I should do that. But Temple terrain is terrible, which didn't really leave me with a lot of choices.

- High ground seems like a good idea. *nods about other parts*

It's hard to attack so it's not like players will fill the extra space with defense.

- Didn't have this in mind, so I think I'll do some re-sizing.

That was a very informative post, will take a lot of rethinking and consideration into the next version ^_^
POGGERS
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 65
TKL 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5161
Bisu 1995
Soulkey 1567
EffOrt 769
Mini 574
Horang2 379
Larva 344
ZerO 300
actioN 245
ggaemo 244
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 114
Yoon 105
Mind 96
sorry 85
hero 77
Shinee 67
Sharp 65
Barracks 58
Pusan 57
Snow 52
Hyun 42
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 18
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Noble 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5722
qojqva2463
Dendi1312
420jenkins262
League of Legends
Reynor74
Counter-Strike
fl0m3003
Fnx 724
x6flipin340
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes306
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1236
hiko1006
B2W.Neo452
DeMusliM289
XBOCT220
Livibee211
Liquid`VortiX199
QueenE99
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)18
FrodaN0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
Other Games
WardiTV24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3756
• TFBlade756
Other Games
• Shiphtur436
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 4m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.