• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:16
CEST 06:16
KST 13:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

Multi Patrol - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 19 2009 06:57 GMT
#41
On August 19 2009 11:46 29 fps wrote:
i wonder if koreans already know things like this already. they might be that far ahead of us


I haven't seen it in any pro-games, so I doubt it.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
August 19 2009 06:57 GMT
#42
On August 19 2009 15:57 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2009 11:46 29 fps wrote:
i wonder if koreans already know things like this already. they might be that far ahead of us


I haven't seen it in any pro-games, so I doubt it.


TBH, I don't even think you'd notice it if they did.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
August 19 2009 08:02 GMT
#43
On August 19 2009 15:27 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2009 14:14 NovaTheFeared wrote:
I tried patrolling 4 different locations and worked to make the ling move in a square, I see no reason why you couldn't add even more locations up to the unit queue limit.


More on this please. I bet you can shift-queue up to the limit (like 10 or so?). You could have a single unit (*cough*DTFTW*cough*) patrol every single expo on the map.


oh shit the implications hahahah
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 08:12:41
August 19 2009 08:11 GMT
#44
http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=19139

Here's a rep where I have a couple observers floating around many expansions on a single patrol route, the one on the left side of python scouts all 7 bases on the bottom/left side of the map. I also send a few vultures on somewhat circular routes through the center.

I want to say this is extremely easy to perform and is actually useful in melee modes as a single observer or overlord is now not limited to straight back and forth paths and can be sent to cover much more ground. This improves scouting for sure.
日本語が分かりますか
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
August 19 2009 08:27 GMT
#45
I thought this was really neat and told my brother (UMS only player) and he said he's known about it for ages.
No I'm never serious.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
August 19 2009 08:42 GMT
#46
On August 19 2009 17:27 Nytefish wrote:
I thought this was really neat and told my brother (UMS only player) and he said he's known about it for ages.


Was he a v-tec player?
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
August 19 2009 08:45 GMT
#47
On August 19 2009 17:42 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2009 17:27 Nytefish wrote:
I thought this was really neat and told my brother (UMS only player) and he said he's known about it for ages.


Was he a v-tec player?


No but he's 10 years old so has a slightly different idea of "ages" :D
No I'm never serious.
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
August 19 2009 10:59 GMT
#48
wow this is so cool

thanks mzerg
doktorLucifer
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States855 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 11:12:34
August 19 2009 11:11 GMT
#49
On August 19 2009 10:24 mrdx wrote:
Wow this is something new I didn't know. Some situations this could be useful:

- Air units patrolling (against possible drops/recalls etc) especially in island maps.
- 1 observer patrolling 3 or more expo sites.
- Making your idle SCVs running around your mined out CC to mind fuck your opponent lol.


Holy shit, I'm going to teach this to every 2v2 partner I get from now on, and if we're winning, we'll just make our miners circle around the map while we hardcore micro vultures/mutas/bunkers/things that can't even move.
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 11:27:48
August 19 2009 11:27 GMT
#50
On August 19 2009 17:45 Nytefish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2009 17:42 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On August 19 2009 17:27 Nytefish wrote:
I thought this was really neat and told my brother (UMS only player) and he said he's known about it for ages.


Was he a v-tec player?


No but he's 10 years old so has a slightly different idea of "ages" :D

He's full of shit. Tell him I said that too. And if he denies it. Tell him to show us a replay of him doing it thats dated before the date of this thread.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
August 19 2009 11:40 GMT
#51
On August 19 2009 17:42 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2009 17:27 Nytefish wrote:
I thought this was really neat and told my brother (UMS only player) and he said he's known about it for ages.


Was he a v-tec player?

Lol..

Because if he was, he'd obviously already been doing this for years.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
August 19 2009 11:41 GMT
#52
Mzerg, I'm curious..where did you learn this?
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
HeaDStrong
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Scotland785 Posts
August 19 2009 11:51 GMT
#53
wow this is really good. but more usefull for toss and zerg i think.
Mzerg
Profile Joined August 2009
France14 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 12:25:02
August 19 2009 11:55 GMT
#54
On August 19 2009 20:41 TheFoReveRwaR wrote:
Mzerg, I'm curious..where did you learn this?


In fact... I did it by chance ; I sent some scourges ( attack ) , then told them to patrol afterwards ( I must have clicked several times ) : I saw the "multi patrol" but I didn't know how I had done that, and I didn't really care ; afterwards I wanted to know how it worked and I found it a few days later ^^ ( I knew I had used only "simple" commands )
HeadCrusher , new track from latest Megadeth album
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 12:16:25
August 19 2009 12:16 GMT
#55
Nice...thank god for your wasteful clicks lol.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 19 2009 12:16 GMT
#56
On August 19 2009 09:43 CharlieMurphy wrote:
not much practical application to this even if it did work CABABACBACBACBACBACBAB

Have a Zergling patrol 3 expansions at once, have an overlord patrol both the left and the bottom side of a map?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 12:19:38
August 19 2009 12:19 GMT
#57
On August 19 2009 12:54 Athos wrote:
Wow. Any more secrets that need to be revealed about this game? Seriously, this is mind blowing that shit like this still hasn't been found yet.

What amazes me is how we get two of these threads with previously unknown stuff on the same day
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
August 19 2009 12:58 GMT
#58
this is definetly useful in real game to scout for enemy expos.
Nice finding.
Why did it have to take you 11 years since release to find out about this, though?
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
August 19 2009 14:49 GMT
#59
this is obvious stuff guys -_-
when i play battleships on war3 i fucking pick trader and just patrol my way to mass gold then i feed my teamates and we win, or i just pick crusader and suicide their ass
Mzerg
Profile Joined August 2009
France14 Posts
August 19 2009 14:56 GMT
#60
TO JODOGOHOO : YEP! AND BLADEMASTER OWNS WISPS : SO WHAT ?
HeadCrusher , new track from latest Megadeth album
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
FoxeR 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4530
Leta 1817
ViBE127
Bale 52
Shine 21
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Other Games
summit1g8260
WinterStarcraft540
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• Letter1414
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota219
League of Legends
• Lourlo859
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 44m
Patches Events
10h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 44m
OSC
18h 44m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.