Right now lichter and co have to spend a pretty significant chunk of time generating live report threads from templates that they themselves have made. With this tool, you ought to be able to create a thread if you know the following information about the event.
Title (Group E)
Tournament (WCS America)
Number of Matches and their format (Dual tournament or not)
And the players playing.
The dialog boxes will prompt you to enter all of this information. Once you have entered it all, it should then pop up a text box that gives BBcode that will generate a pretty nice looking page on here.
Some particularities of the program
- You need to enter the date and time in the exact format asked for them. If you don't, the program probably shouldn't break, but it will almost certainly not give you the date and time that you want.
- You need to enter the tournament title in the same format that it is displayed in the liquipedia title, so for example "2013 WCS Season 3 America/Premier" . If you don't do it, it won't break anything, but the liquipedia link just won't go anywhere.
- If the player dialog box says "one of the those players didn't parse" it means that I didn't find a player under the page with that name. If you double check your spelling (and the liquipedia page for that player) and you are still getting an error, you should PM me as its probably a bug.
- If the program freaks out and crashes on you, don't worry. It doesn't access any local files so it can't really cause any harm. Just PM me what you were doing when you got a bug and move on.
Things that you still have to do
- include a header image, there are too many tournaments for me to reasonable keep track of them.
- include stream and caster information
This program would probably NOT be good for tournaments like dreamhack where you don't specify the competitors up front. It is much better suited to dual tournament groups, or sets of predetermined matches.
The program and the source code can be found here
If you just want to use the program you only need to download LiveReportCompanion.jar . Just double click and it should start right up.
If you want to try to make my program better, or if you're just interested in the code, all of the source code is on there, along with documentation in the doc folder (to see all the documentation, click index.html). I've tried to check for major bugs, but I think that there could easily still be smaller ones that I haven't found, and I would always welcome efforts to make this a better tool by adding features. I tried to comment my code liberally, but if you get to any part that you don't understand, just PM me and I'll do my best to get back to you.
I hope you guys can make use of this, and that it works.
Many thanks to the Liquipedia and TLPD teams for their tireless work to document SC2, without them these sort of applications wouldn't be possible.
Special thanks to salle, PoP, imallinson, and especially R1CH for helping me when I had questions.