• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:38
CEST 16:38
KST 23:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8906 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 11

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 48 Next All
Peekay.switch
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada285 Posts
July 22 2010 20:42 GMT
#201
On July 23 2010 03:32 Chef wrote:
Not closed, but moved. Why was my thread (http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=137853) moved to blogs from BroodWar? I thought I was yelled at for posting broodwar stuff in blogs and I agreed it was dumb? This isn't a personal story, there's no reason it should be in blogs.


Your blog is a piece of opinion, with little to no reliable facts/sources to support your view.
Also, there's a picture of a bunny as the thread opener...

It's border line trolling where you compare it to other sports...
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 02:11:20
July 23 2010 02:10 GMT
#202
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=137912

Why was this closed? There was some serious discussion going on, but I do admit there was a lot of nonsense too. I just feel particularly sad because I spend like an hour perfecting my wall of text and when I tried to post it, I found the thread closed. :-(
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
July 23 2010 09:37 GMT
#203
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=137978

some retard closed this thread
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
July 23 2010 10:38 GMT
#204
--- Nuked ---
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 11:09:18
July 23 2010 11:00 GMT
#205
It doesn't fucking matter who the hacker was or the fact that it was me, in fact I won the game because the guy seemed to be just testing the hack out. Like seriously I do not give a fuck that I was hacked in that game. I do however, want to share with the people of this community about this hack. But no, I have a full time hater to shut me down.

Just because the game is old and there are tons of hacks doesn't mean the thread is worthless. Imagine if this had been an sc2 game..

At the very least regardless if you want to admit it, I did a service to this community. Now there won't be any more threads about it because they will search and find my thread and you can close those too.

Btw, I was unaware that there was a law on TL where every thread must generate discussion. I mean look at all those stupid fucking threads where someone posts some obscure news and people just spam puns.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
July 23 2010 11:41 GMT
#206
--- Nuked ---
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 12:27:28
July 23 2010 12:26 GMT
#207
Even then, It's not grounds for closure. Granted I did post that thread in a minute or two between games, I could have easily been sent a PM being told to reword the OP better. Even if no one noticed the thread at all, I probably would have went back and edited it a little.
Originally I was going to put 'new hack' in the title but I thought this would be stupid because of the fact that it won't be new all the time and future searches of the hack would be better served by putting a more descriptive title.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 16:43:06
July 23 2010 16:31 GMT
#208
Hi, I would like to know why my thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=137649 was closed. I do know that there is a much bigger teamliquid group on Steam, I am actually a part of it. As said in my post, there is a just reason to make a new one - the current one in place is very large, general, and disorganized. I tried setting up games with people on there, but it is too difficult, it has no focus.

Like I said in my post I acknowledge that there is a group more for people on steam who are part of this community. But for the people who want to play together frequently -specifically TF2 - and set up organized games together, this group has a good purpose for that. Beforehand just to make sure it was OK I did get permission from Chill to create this thread, so I don't really see the reason for its closure.

EDIT: If my OP wasn't clear enough, I'll gladly clarify/beef it up if I can get the thread re-opened. A lot of the people that I've talked to who have joined the group already are really excited about this.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 23 2010 16:55 GMT
#209
I know I told you it's okay, but don't you think having 2 Steam groups is silly? Why don't you contact the organizer of the existing one and try to overhaul it?
Moderator
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
July 23 2010 17:03 GMT
#210
I have him added to my friends list, but he hasn't responded. I thought if having a HoN thread(big disorganized discussion, mostly for people who just want to talk about HoN), separate from a HoN League thread (focused to get people from TL to play together in a fun competitive environment) is fine to have, why isn't mine?
Azile
Profile Joined March 2010
United States339 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-24 03:45:13
July 24 2010 03:43 GMT
#211
Thread:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138093

PM I received when closed:

"Put more effort into your posts and especially in topics you decide to create or you will face consequences for it."

It was a simple question, received a simple answer, and would have promptly died except for some reason a mod decided not only to completely shit on it but to send me a ban threat as well?

"Feel free to recreate a topic on this with some more effort and background put into it for those who havent played WC3/TFT and are aware of what automated tournaments are."

So basically you're telling me what my threads should be about now? The phrase 'automated tournament' is pretty self explanatory I didn't realize I had to write an encyclopedia to avoid the apocalypse.

The fact it was closed doesn't bother me at all but was the closing post and banstick waving really necessary...
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 24 2010 04:26 GMT
#212
Simple questions like that should be googled about or asked on irc. TL is too big to have room for contentless threads.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-24 10:24:20
July 24 2010 10:23 GMT
#213
On July 24 2010 12:43 Azile wrote:

So basically you're telling me what my threads should be about now? The phrase 'automated tournament' is pretty self explanatory I didn't realize I had to write an encyclopedia to avoid the apocalypse.
The biggest problem is it's something you can search for. I think the first thing everyone should do before creating a new thread is to search both Google and TL to see if it's been asked/answered before. I know in this case you could've, because I just did it myself.

TL is not a Yahoo Answers for SC2.

The fact it was closed doesn't bother me at all but was the closing post and banstick waving really necessary...
I can't speak for whoever did it, but they were probably just waving around their warnstick.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
brad drac
Profile Joined May 2010
Ireland202 Posts
August 04 2010 22:37 GMT
#214
I just recently made this thread, mainly because I was bored and the servers were down. A few minutes later it was closed with no explanation. I'm just wondering why. I realise mod power is absolute and they're free to do whatever the hell they want, but as a newish member it's pretty discouraging towards future community involvement when a harmless thread I obviously put at least a moderate amount of effort in to is killed for no discernible reason.

Perhaps the mods agreed that it belonged in a blog, but I don't have a blog and don't particularly want one. I don't hold my opinions in high enough esteem that I think they need a soap box for me to tell people about them. I'd rather discuss them with others on an equal level. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SC2 general would seem to be the appropriate place for lighthearted theorycrafting. I don't expect the thread to be reinstated, or even care all that much if it is. The fact it was closed in the first place just kind of irked me something fierce.
Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 04 2010 22:50 GMT
#215
I didn't close it, but some totally random, supposedly funny balance suggestion does simply not constitute a good thread. I don't now how else to explain it.
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
brad drac
Profile Joined May 2010
Ireland202 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 23:20:18
August 04 2010 22:59 GMT
#216
So you think my thread was worse than say this for example? Fine if you do, it just seems kind of arbitrary to me and some kind of explanation to that effect isn't unreasonable to expect with the closure. And who's to say it couldn't have developed into a discussion about how to make ultras viable mid-game or something like that. Even bad threads can spawn good discussion.
Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
August 04 2010 23:07 GMT
#217
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=140404
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
August 06 2010 23:17 GMT
#218
That thread isn't closed...?
twitch.tv/cratonz
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
August 07 2010 05:37 GMT
#219
but this one was http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=137978
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-07 06:09:01
August 07 2010 06:07 GMT
#220
On August 05 2010 07:59 brad drac wrote:
So you think my thread was worse than say this for example? Fine if you do, it just seems kind of arbitrary to me and some kind of explanation to that effect isn't unreasonable to expect with the closure. And who's to say it couldn't have developed into a discussion about how to make ultras viable mid-game or something like that. Even bad threads can spawn good discussion.

Some threads fly under the radar. If you see another bad thread like that, report it or tell a mod about it. I will tell you that defending your thread by pointing out someone else's is not the way to go.

If good discussion has already been created, that's one thing, but we can't simply leave open every close-worthy thread because there's a possibility that it could generate good discussion. As for yours, there's plenty of other Ultra threads, and the vast majority of unit suggestion threads are treated the same way unless they're extremely comprehensive.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 486
SteadfastSC462
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex130
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
LamboSC2 290
ProTech141
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex 130
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 26
Aegong 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8785
Dendi949
qojqva805
Fuzer 167
420jenkins138
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1967
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 169
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX177
ArmadaUGS136
QueenE107
Mew2King106
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 2
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2793
• Jankos2358
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 22m
Stellar Fest
22h 22m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.