• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:37
CEST 01:37
KST 08:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9766 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 9

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 48 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 04 2010 17:52 GMT
#161
On May 05 2010 02:03 Ventez wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123446

I just created a thread called "Is SC2 ready for launch?" with a poll. I couldn't find any similar threads so I thought it would be nice to see what the TL community thought about it. So I'm just wondering why it got closed so soon =/

Edit: added link

We don't allow threads are basically a poll. There's not enough content to warrant it staying open.
Moderator
Ventez
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway107 Posts
May 04 2010 17:53 GMT
#162
On May 05 2010 02:52 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 02:03 Ventez wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123446

I just created a thread called "Is SC2 ready for launch?" with a poll. I couldn't find any similar threads so I thought it would be nice to see what the TL community thought about it. So I'm just wondering why it got closed so soon =/

Edit: added link

We don't allow threads are basically a poll. There's not enough content to warrant it staying open.


Okay, understandable enough :D
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 04 2010 17:53 GMT
#163
On May 05 2010 00:20 dkh wrote:
Makes perfect sense. I wasn't sour about the thing being closed, it's just the way it happened and the reasons given seemed a tad bit offensive and even (at the least partially) insulting. If the closing note would have given that reason you put down there clearly from the beginning it would have saved me some nerves. :p

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to add that as a warning or something to the rules? That would have saved me half a day of writing, researching and putting things together.

I appreciate that but keep in mind when you're grinding through closing all these threads you reach a point where you don't really mind offending someone to just write "This thread is bad" and closing it. Yes, in an ideal world we would systematically write the thinking process that leads to it being closed, but I don't have the patience for that anymore.
Moderator
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
May 07 2010 09:48 GMT
#164
my thread was deleted, i get an access denied error

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123961

hmm... i thought it was interesting, not sure what happened, i just went to bed and woke up and its gone
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
May 07 2010 11:35 GMT
#165
It was accidentally "closed" to the wrong forum
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Savio
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 15:24:52
May 07 2010 15:23 GMT
#166
I was disappointed that the Ultralisk prediction thread was closed. I've been around a while and can generally predict which threads will get closed and this one had some epic and in some cases very fun discussion.

It also gave us the opportunity to try to say in 1 weeks time "I won" because we predicted it right.
I saw it as a thread with positive effect on the site.

Here it is: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123994

Its not my thread but I was very much enjoying reading it.
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. – Winston Churchill
pacifican
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
4 Posts
May 18 2010 05:40 GMT
#167
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=125974

It's obvious the admin who closed the thread never bothered to fully read it.
His arguments are exactly those which I disagree entirely about.
RE: Asians are better at starcraft2 because there's more of them, they play more.
Would have thought a moderator who closes a thread would at least do the courtesy of fully reading through a post before making a decision, let alone make parting comments which only proves my point.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44336 Posts
May 18 2010 06:13 GMT
#168
On May 18 2010 14:40 pacifican wrote:
His arguments are exactly those which I disagree entirely about.

How can that be so? Kennigit is white and therefore creative. His arguments are by definition new, innovative and exciting.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Rider
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands127 Posts
May 20 2010 23:28 GMT
#169
I posted a reply to the topic regarding a StarCraft 2 Tournament in Amsterdam and it's no longer there. It was a pretty simple message, something along the vein of "Sounds cool, I'll definitely be there"

I'd like to know why it was removed
My grandpa could've proxied better. And not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-21 00:01:54
May 21 2010 00:01 GMT
#170
On May 21 2010 08:28 Rider wrote:
I posted a reply to the topic regarding a StarCraft 2 Tournament in Amsterdam and it's no longer there. It was a pretty simple message, something along the vein of "Sounds cool, I'll definitely be there"

I'd like to know why it was removed

Looks like you didn't post it in the first place. Post count doesn't go down when posts are deleted, and all 5 of your posts are accounted for.
Administrator
Failsafe
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States1298 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-21 00:04:19
May 21 2010 00:02 GMT
#171
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126444. I think this thread brings up issues that seriously need to be addressed. On the other hand, I think a lot of people are too attached to their racial biases and so forth to actually consider a rational discussion of these issues. I think that this thread is a good segue into a more serious discussion of important problems with SC2, and I'd prefer that it wasn't closed until it could at least get a bit more exposure.

Anyway, I understand the thread being closed but if that's the final decision can I revive it in my blog?
MrBitter: Phoenixes... They're like flying hellions. Always cost efficient.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
May 24 2010 09:09 GMT
#172
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127106

Was surprised to see this closed. Funny how TL standards are "improving" but interesting threads now get closed that wouldn't have before.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
May 24 2010 11:39 GMT
#173
On May 24 2010 18:09 Pokebunny wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127106

Was surprised to see this closed. Funny how TL standards are "improving" but interesting threads now get closed that wouldn't have before.


I posted in that thread, but, to be fair, there was no actual discussion. The mods tend to dislike threads wherein the posters disregard every other post.

Also, the new forum features are amazing. The compact pagination is incredibly convenient, and I see now a "Report" feature per post. Someone's been a busy little wizard.
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
May 24 2010 15:11 GMT
#174
On May 24 2010 20:39 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 18:09 Pokebunny wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127106

Was surprised to see this closed. Funny how TL standards are "improving" but interesting threads now get closed that wouldn't have before.


I posted in that thread, but, to be fair, there was no actual discussion. The mods tend to dislike threads wherein the posters disregard every other post.

Also, the new forum features are amazing. The compact pagination is incredibly convenient, and I see now a "Report" feature per post. Someone's been a busy little wizard.

But this is the opposite, you'd rather read fun quotes than post them.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
May 24 2010 16:56 GMT
#175
On May 24 2010 20:39 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:Also, the new forum features are amazing. The compact pagination is incredibly convenient, and I see now a "Report" feature per post. Someone's been a busy little wizard.


I don't have a report option, it's probly limited to those who've got a certain # of posts or who've been on the board a certain time.

As for that thread, well, with how outnumbered the mods are, compared to the flood of awful threads and posters, there's bound to be some friendly fire here and there while they struggle to keep it under control. It'll get worse before it gets better :|
it's my first day
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
May 24 2010 19:32 GMT
#176
On May 24 2010 20:39 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 18:09 Pokebunny wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127106

Was surprised to see this closed. Funny how TL standards are "improving" but interesting threads now get closed that wouldn't have before.


I posted in that thread, but, to be fair, there was no actual discussion. The mods tend to dislike threads wherein the posters disregard every other post.

Also, the new forum features are amazing. The compact pagination is incredibly convenient, and I see now a "Report" feature per post. Someone's been a busy little wizard.

Darn, you just made me realize I also have the report option. It looked a bit crowded but I didn't properly look before...

Awesome job coders, let's see if I can contribute in this way (I'm quite trigger shy though, don't worry.)
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 25 2010 02:52 GMT
#177
Hey, Iw as wondering who closed this thread.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127009

I didn't think it was a bad thread, I even posted it in blogs.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 25 2010 03:31 GMT
#178
Too many computer threads. Use the consolidated computer thread.
Moderator
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
May 25 2010 03:48 GMT
#179
On May 25 2010 04:32 Badjas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2010 20:39 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
On May 24 2010 18:09 Pokebunny wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127106

Was surprised to see this closed. Funny how TL standards are "improving" but interesting threads now get closed that wouldn't have before.


I posted in that thread, but, to be fair, there was no actual discussion. The mods tend to dislike threads wherein the posters disregard every other post.

Also, the new forum features are amazing. The compact pagination is incredibly convenient, and I see now a "Report" feature per post. Someone's been a busy little wizard.

Darn, you just made me realize I also have the report option. It looked a bit crowded but I didn't properly look before...

Awesome job coders, let's see if I can contribute in this way (I'm quite trigger shy though, don't worry.)

I just noticed that as well haha, it's a little close to the quote button for my liking though. Still good.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
May 26 2010 03:55 GMT
#180
not my thread, but when we're about to die to this shit, i'm gonna laugh at Rage.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10358
Artosis 573
Rain 173
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox780
Mew2King140
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor920
Other Games
summit1g8356
JimRising 723
shahzam589
Day[9].tv443
PiGStarcraft120
NeuroSwarm77
ArmadaUGS71
ViBE54
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie772
• Scarra523
• Day9tv443
• Shiphtur193
Upcoming Events
OSC
23m
Stellar Fest
13h 23m
OSC
22h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.