• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:37
CEST 16:37
KST 23:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8959 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 10

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 48 Next All
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 14:51:55
June 29 2010 14:20 GMT
#181
I was just curious why my Armageddon thread was closed.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133083

Didn't seem like too terrible of a topic to me

Edit: I read earlier in the thread that polls without enough content were closed, but if that's the case, why does something like this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133055 remain open? It has nothing but a poll and 0 content.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
June 29 2010 14:54 GMT
#182
On June 29 2010 23:20 Try wrote:
I was just curious why my Armageddon thread was closed.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133083

Didn't seem like too terrible of a topic to me

Edit: I read earlier in the thread that polls without enough content were closed, but if that's the case, why does something like this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133055 remain open? It has nothing but a poll and 0 content.


Maybe, shall we say that TL.net doesn't like talk about stuff like the end of world and etc.
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
June 29 2010 14:56 GMT
#183
On June 29 2010 23:54 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2010 23:20 Try wrote:
I was just curious why my Armageddon thread was closed.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133083

Didn't seem like too terrible of a topic to me

Edit: I read earlier in the thread that polls without enough content were closed, but if that's the case, why does something like this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133055 remain open? It has nothing but a poll and 0 content.


Maybe, shall we say that TL.net doesn't like talk about stuff like the end of world and etc.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=58369
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
June 30 2010 23:47 GMT
#184
Still waiting for an explanation Mr. Mod .
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 01 2010 02:09 GMT
#185
I didn't close it but the last 2 pages look pretty garbage. I guess whoever closed it can give a better explanation.
Moderator
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
July 01 2010 04:10 GMT
#186
The last 2-3 pages turned into total trash and it wasn't about to get any better. We are at a stage in moderation with so many people that while the OP isn't particularly bad, sometimes its easier just to close the thread rather than ban 4 pages full of people.
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
July 01 2010 04:40 GMT
#187
On July 01 2010 13:10 Kennigit wrote:
The last 2-3 pages turned into total trash and it wasn't about to get any better. We are at a stage in moderation with so many people that while the OP isn't particularly bad, sometimes its easier just to close the thread rather than ban 4 pages full of people.

OK, thanks, that's understandable.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
July 01 2010 05:44 GMT
#188
I thought there was just a general ruling that the oh 2012 dooms day threads were getting old.
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
July 01 2010 15:43 GMT
#189
On July 01 2010 14:44 semantics wrote:
I thought there was just a general ruling that the oh 2012 dooms day threads were getting old.

But my thread had nothing to do with 2012
Precocious
Profile Joined June 2010
United States5 Posts
July 01 2010 22:54 GMT
#190
Hey, just writing because I want to make sure I never write a poorly designed thread again. Here was my thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133542

Sorry if there was something wrong with it, just wondering why it was closed. It seemed to have a lot of responses for the short amount of time it was open, and I found it helpful.

Thanks.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
July 01 2010 23:10 GMT
#191
While I didn't close your thread, I can speculate that the sheer number of "help me pick a race" / "what race do you play" / "why do you play X race" threads that already exist led to it being closed. Those threads generally contain pages and pages of people posting their idea without reading anybody else's responses. The lack of discussion is not really desirable.

Just my two cents, but again, I didn't close it.
ModeratorGodfather
Precocious
Profile Joined June 2010
United States5 Posts
July 01 2010 23:18 GMT
#192
Thanks for the response. I suppose I searched "which race" and not "what race". Upon searching the later I saw many closed threads. My-B.

Thanks again Manifesto7, and my apologies.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 02 2010 00:42 GMT
#193
I appreciate that someone actually cares enough to understand what they've done wrong.

High five, mister Precocious.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
July 02 2010 03:48 GMT
#194
On July 02 2010 08:10 Manifesto7 wrote:
While I didn't close your thread, I can speculate that the sheer number of "help me pick a race" / "what race do you play" / "why do you play X race" threads that already exist led to it being closed. Those threads generally contain pages and pages of people posting their idea without reading anybody else's responses. The lack of discussion is not really desirable.

Just my two cents, but again, I didn't close it.

I closed it. Mani explained why. Sorry, theres just so many threads like this that i instaclose and forget that not every poster has seen the 500 iterations.
Erictmtl
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada9 Posts
July 02 2010 18:42 GMT
#195
Hi
would like to know why this topic as been closed
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133442

I found a midnight launch in Montreal and i was looking to tell them the place then I realise my topic was close.
Tabarnak, Ca sort d'ou ça !?!?!?!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 02 2010 19:16 GMT
#196
Seems like it's something you should research yourself instead of expecting other people to do it for you. Show some initiative. I didn't close it, but if I did, it would be for that reason.
Moderator
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
July 07 2010 15:31 GMT
#197
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=134500

?
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
July 07 2010 17:57 GMT
#198
On July 08 2010 00:31 Boblion wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=134500

?

I'm not staff, but I think the existing policy is that if a person has a simple request, it should be made in IRC.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 07 2010 19:31 GMT
#199
I didn't close it.

IRC / PM / Google / Searching for an existing thread is a much better place for simple requests like that.
Moderator
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
July 22 2010 18:32 GMT
#200
Not closed, but moved. Why was my thread (http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=137853) moved to blogs from BroodWar? I thought I was yelled at for posting broodwar stuff in blogs and I agreed it was dumb? This isn't a personal story, there's no reason it should be in blogs.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 486
SteadfastSC462
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex130
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
LamboSC2 290
ProTech141
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex 130
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 26
Aegong 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8785
Dendi949
qojqva805
Fuzer 167
420jenkins138
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1967
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 169
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX177
ArmadaUGS136
QueenE107
Mew2King106
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 2
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2793
• Jankos2358
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 23m
Stellar Fest
22h 23m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.