• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:19
CEST 14:19
KST 21:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9112 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 12

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 48 Next All
brad drac
Profile Joined May 2010
Ireland202 Posts
August 07 2010 17:52 GMT
#221
On August 07 2010 15:07 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 07:59 brad drac wrote:
So you think my thread was worse than say this for example? Fine if you do, it just seems kind of arbitrary to me and some kind of explanation to that effect isn't unreasonable to expect with the closure. And who's to say it couldn't have developed into a discussion about how to make ultras viable mid-game or something like that. Even bad threads can spawn good discussion.

Some threads fly under the radar. If you see another bad thread like that, report it or tell a mod about it. I will tell you that defending your thread by pointing out someone else's is not the way to go.

If good discussion has already been created, that's one thing, but we can't simply leave open every close-worthy thread because there's a possibility that it could generate good discussion. As for yours, there's plenty of other Ultra threads, and the vast majority of unit suggestion threads are treated the same way unless they're extremely comprehensive.

I assumed the fact that it still existed meant it was an okay thread and thus was acceptable as a point of comparison. I see your point though and it's fair enough. I do still think a note as to why a thread is closed is a good idea just for the sake of clarity and courtesy, but I appreciate your reply here.
Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
August 09 2010 00:47 GMT
#222
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142449

What exactly is wrong with this thread?

"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 09 2010 01:34 GMT
#223
It has no purpose.
ModeratorGodfather
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
August 09 2010 04:04 GMT
#224
The threads where people discuss their "brilliant ideas" for how to fix EMP and TvZ are purposeless.
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 09 2010 04:07 GMT
#225
Thank you for your feedback.
ModeratorGodfather
KenShi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)28 Posts
August 11 2010 23:19 GMT
#226
Hello my thread was just closed even though i pm'd two moderators even before i posted the thread and they said that it was fine if i didn't have any bias. Heres the thread and pretty much every single post said its two overboard~ Kind of angry because the (G) Zerg Tears wasnt ever locked and yet this thread with common sense is locked.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143293
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
August 11 2010 23:35 GMT
#227
Reopened after some internal discussion. I'm opposed to it but since you really did check in with others before I'm conforming myself to majority common sense within staff.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
KenShi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)28 Posts
August 11 2010 23:37 GMT
#228
On August 12 2010 08:35 Nyovne wrote:
Reopened after some internal discussion. I'm opposed to it but since you really did check in with others before I'm conforming myself to majority common sense within staff.

Thank you
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
August 12 2010 18:30 GMT
#229
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143487

Yeah, I know the video sparked a little bit of outrage (frankly, that was sort of the point), but so does plenty of other stuff that's posted. I don't see why this thread needed to be closed just because people happened to react negatively to the video.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 13 2010 06:30 GMT
#230
On August 13 2010 03:17 CTStalker wrote:
As entertaining as 3 pages of you guys calling each other and the security guards heartless douchebags is, I think we can do without this.


Those threads are always the same.
ModeratorGodfather
snuze
Profile Joined June 2010
United States14 Posts
August 15 2010 04:03 GMT
#231
RE: Website Overhaul

As far as I understand this is the section where feedback should be provided. Now if the topic of a redesign has been discussed to death then I apologize for starting a new thread. I simply didn't see one. I also missed the poll about the horse banner until after my thread was locked.
What I do have a problem with are the moderators who think they are comedians, replying to a locked topic, very classy.
And Manifesto, perhaps I would have offered help with a redesign, had the post not been locked immidiately, followed by a number of mocking replies to a locked thread.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 15 2010 10:48 GMT
#232
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19030
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=76812
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=96685
You "being tired of the damn horses" is not a valid reason to change anything :p
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
August 16 2010 12:58 GMT
#233
See, we listen to constructive criticism here at TL. Got a problem with being mocked in a locked thread? Point taken! We'll gladly mock you in an open one.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 16 2010 17:35 GMT
#234
On August 15 2010 13:03 snuze wrote:
I also missed the poll about the horse banner until after my thread was locked.
What I do have a problem with are the moderators who think they are comedians, replying to a locked topic, very classy.

I just want to say when you're in a thread (as a moderator), it's not immediately obvious that a thread is locked. The only way to know is the usual "Lock" text will read "Unlock" instead. Usually I reply without knowing a thread is locked until I get back to the forum index. So a lot of the time we're not trying to be comedians. Sometimes we are!
Moderator
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 18:18:46
August 16 2010 18:18 GMT
#235
On August 15 2010 13:03 snuze wrote:
RE: Website Overhaul

As far as I understand this is the section where feedback should be provided. Now if the topic of a redesign has been discussed to death then I apologize for starting a new thread. I simply didn't see one. I also missed the poll about the horse banner until after my thread was locked.
What I do have a problem with are the moderators who think they are comedians, replying to a locked topic, very classy.
And Manifesto, perhaps I would have offered help with a redesign, had the post not been locked immidiately, followed by a number of mocking replies to a locked thread.

I can help you with that, lets do it !
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
August 16 2010 21:45 GMT
#236
lol, did rek request the closing of his own fanclub? XD

that's just amazing
boomer hands
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
August 16 2010 23:52 GMT
#237
On August 17 2010 06:45 seRapH wrote:
lol, did rek request the closing of his own fanclub? XD

that's just amazing


I wonder why he would do that...hmm.
Yttrasil
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden651 Posts
August 17 2010 03:59 GMT
#238
Hey!

Just wondering why my thread that I just posted was removed, spent some time to make the whole poll and to see how it actually was looking generally for the people playing Zerg. Cannot see anyone having any real issue with that whole topic as it was serious, provided some discussion topics and noone seemed to have a problem with it. And if possible what can I change with it so that it can be posted again?

I want to see some number on how people really feel not just comments from people who are in the mood to whein about stuff or other people wheining.
Meh
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 17 2010 08:00 GMT
#239
I suggest you PM Kennigit about that.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 17 2010 20:30 GMT
#240
On August 17 2010 12:59 Yttrasil wrote:
Hey!

Just wondering why my thread that I just posted was removed, spent some time to make the whole poll and to see how it actually was looking generally for the people playing Zerg. Cannot see anyone having any real issue with that whole topic as it was serious, provided some discussion topics and noone seemed to have a problem with it. And if possible what can I change with it so that it can be posted again?

I want to see some number on how people really feel not just comments from people who are in the mood to whein about stuff or other people wheining.

I don't get why people do this. Yea, I could probably dig in the closed forum for it, but had you just provided a link I'd be way more willing to help you.

Okay I can't even find it in the closed forum so post a link.
Moderator
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37069
Shuttle 2566
Bisu 1011
Horang2 948
Jaedong 936
Light 412
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 287
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
Stork 273
Hyuk 264
Soma 229
EffOrt 207
Zeus 191
ggaemo 175
Soulkey 160
Last 142
Leta 121
ZerO 119
Snow 110
Rush 78
Pusan 76
Killer 66
Sea.KH 49
Mong 43
hero 40
Mind 38
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
Shine 29
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 21
soO 20
PianO 18
Trap 18
Terrorterran 17
zelot 13
Free 13
sorry 12
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3656
qojqva1453
Dendi918
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1379
x6flipin274
markeloff103
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes872
Other Games
gofns29283
singsing2108
B2W.Neo722
XBOCT355
DeMusliM208
Livibee174
XaKoH 160
Liquid`LucifroN126
Mlord101
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King91
QueenE88
Chillindude10
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2237
• TFBlade550
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
OSC
41m
Stellar Fest
41m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 41m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.