• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:33
CEST 12:33
KST 19:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8644 users

Hide Spoilers

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3554 Posts
May 21 2014 08:50 GMT
#1
Hi there seems to be an issue with hiding spoilers, when it's the newest of news.
For example while WCS Europe was ongoing yesterday, I didn't want to get spoiled the next day so I put a checkmark on the hide spoilers button, both when logged in and logged out to make sure.
Today I wake up and WCS EU group C isn't spoilered, even though it spoilers everything older. Doesn't help to refresh or login and then refresh.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
May 21 2014 09:46 GMT
#2
This isn't a technical issue with the spoilers, it's just our news staff forgetting to mark content as containing spoilers.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
ShowTheLights
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Korea (South)1718 Posts
September 25 2015 04:09 GMT
#3
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.
•••Acer.MMA••• <> KT_Puzzle <> JinAir•GreenWings_CoCa <> CJ_herO <> Axiom CranK & Ryung <> IM_Seed <> IM_Squirtle <> le' ToD <> Innovation <> ROOT_CatZ <> inuh! <> Chobra <> SKT1_Fantasy
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 25 2015 07:54 GMT
#4
On September 25 2015 13:09 ShowTheLights wrote:
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.

That feature is no longer supported on any of our sites.
Moderatorlickypiddy
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 28 2015 07:06 GMT
#5
On September 25 2015 13:09 ShowTheLights wrote:
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.

I just stay away from TL period if I don't want to be spoiled. I do this a lot for Proleague.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-18 23:37:19
May 18 2016 23:34 GMT
#6
On September 25 2015 16:54 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2015 13:09 ShowTheLights wrote:
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.

That feature is no longer supported on any of our sites.

I just found out. That is a pity, so why ignoring what some users want. Is it because of the extra work of writing another headline/title?
I am deeply disappointed by getting spoiled a lot of times when I go on teamliquid. I could avoid going to TL, but I don't think that this is in your interest (you may want as many clicks as possible).
I loved this feature. Sometimes games are played when I am at work or at holiday, i come home to watch the games - spoiler free- much like I do when I am looking forward to an important sports game which I recorded.
Yeah I know, young ppl nowadays can't await some things anymore and have to read it right away. I am happy when I still have a somewhat "fresh" feeling and excitement when I watch VODs.

Since there is no technical issue, I wanted to know why you turned it off. As a TL supporter for several years now, and having deactivated Adblock and Ghostery on only a few sites (including TL) I feel like I am not "heard" by the ppl responsible for the site. So there are two ways for me, either I stop taking this site serious and will activate my plugins again, since this site doesn't react to feedback anyways, or I will stop using TL in general (well, there is readmore, so I'll be fine).
On September 28 2015 16:06 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2015 13:09 ShowTheLights wrote:
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.

I just stay away from TL period if I don't want to be spoiled. I do this a lot for Proleague.
we may only be a low percentage but still: I go on TL several times a day, just to check some things. If there are hundreds of "us" or maybe even thousands, could be that TL is losing lots of "clicks".
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
May 21 2016 08:06 GMT
#7
On May 19 2016 08:34 Rollora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2015 16:54 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On September 25 2015 13:09 ShowTheLights wrote:
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.

That feature is no longer supported on any of our sites.

I just found out. That is a pity, so why ignoring what some users want. Is it because of the extra work of writing another headline/title?
I am deeply disappointed by getting spoiled a lot of times when I go on teamliquid. I could avoid going to TL, but I don't think that this is in your interest (you may want as many clicks as possible).
I loved this feature. Sometimes games are played when I am at work or at holiday, i come home to watch the games - spoiler free- much like I do when I am looking forward to an important sports game which I recorded.
Yeah I know, young ppl nowadays can't await some things anymore and have to read it right away. I am happy when I still have a somewhat "fresh" feeling and excitement when I watch VODs.

Since there is no technical issue, I wanted to know why you turned it off. As a TL supporter for several years now, and having deactivated Adblock and Ghostery on only a few sites (including TL) I feel like I am not "heard" by the ppl responsible for the site. So there are two ways for me, either I stop taking this site serious and will activate my plugins again, since this site doesn't react to feedback anyways, or I will stop using TL in general (well, there is readmore, so I'll be fine).
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2015 16:06 Seeker wrote:
On September 25 2015 13:09 ShowTheLights wrote:
What happened to the hide spoilers feature? Annoying I got spoiled all of the RO8 and Proleague because I can't find this feature. Thanks.

I just stay away from TL period if I don't want to be spoiled. I do this a lot for Proleague.
we may only be a low percentage but still: I go on TL several times a day, just to check some things. If there are hundreds of "us" or maybe even thousands, could be that TL is losing lots of "clicks".

It was a manually maintained system that was a pain to upkeep and was against the overall aims of the site. If there's a low maintenance solution to the problem then I'm all ears.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
May 22 2016 23:34 GMT
#8
Hmm wouldn't it be possible to write a script that displays "Title with spoilers" for those who want it and unregistered users, and "Title without spoilers" for thos who deactivate spoilers?.
Well of course it is, but it seemed to have been hard to use. So what was the approach, how did you "load" the title, did you have 2 different news or just a news with Title 1 for Option 1 and Title 2 for option 2 and the main site loads either one of those (while I dunno how to use HTML to make an if/else expression for things like that there has got to be a script), meaning the only "pain" after scripting/programming it has to be writing 2 headlines in the editor/form you use.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9701
StarCastTV_EN289
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10896
Bisu 3034
Jaedong 2618
EffOrt 1034
Horang2 365
ZerO 322
Larva 262
Pusan 234
Zeus 232
actioN 137
[ Show more ]
Mind 129
Hyun 117
Barracks 77
ggaemo 69
Killer 46
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 41
Sharp 36
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 27
Sacsri 26
Hm[arnc] 22
Shinee 19
Noble 9
Terrorterran 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto72
League of Legends
JimRising 358
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1685
byalli113
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Other Games
ceh9646
crisheroes219
Sick170
Pyrionflax163
dupreeh114
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 9
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
• WagamamaTV241
League of Legends
• Jankos1081
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 27m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.