• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6642 users

[M] (2) DF Yeonsu

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 10:39:36
January 24 2013 13:20 GMT
#1
[image loading]



Overview

Officially uploaded to [SEA] [NA] [EU] [KR]

[image loading]

Officially uploaded to [SEA] [NA] [EU] [KR]



Third Place in TLMC #2

New Map for BNET Ladder Season 5 2013

The greatest honour to be bestowed upon a mapmaker, the Ragoo seal of approval! :D

[image loading]



Map Details

                  Name DF Yeonsu
                  Version 2.2 (07-05-2013)
                  Bounds 132x132
                  Bases 12 Normal Yield
                  Main Rush Distances 58 in-game seconds
                  Natural Rush Distances 40 in-game seconds



Eye Candy

+ Show Spoiler [Click for image (Out of date)] +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]






Change Log



+ Show Spoiler [V 2.2 (07-05-2013)] +

- GENERAL
Bounds increased to 132x132 (from 124x132).
Texturing in mains simplified.
Texturing on islands fixed.

- MIDFIELD & FIFTHS
Area between towers enlarged.
Small chasm added to midfield between both towers.
Area in front of fifth bases enlarged.
Small hole added to enlarged area near fifth.


+ Show Spoiler [V 2.1 (01-05-2013)] +

- BUG FIXES
Fixed some pathing issues near cliffs.
Fixed unit clipping on some doodads.
Forced occlusion on overlord spots.
Forced occlusion on large trees around map border.
Fixed some line of sight blockers.
Refined some texture work on map border and dead space.
Removed no fly zones that were attached to "HotS - Iceworld - Ice Rock Giant: doodads.
Removed duplicated Xel'Naga Towers.
Placed pathing blockers on lower cliff level between island and pathable area.
Mirrored some doodads so that pathing is equal to both spawns.

- GAMEPLAY
Ramp widths with rock towers increased by 1 unit.


+ Show Spoiler [V 2.0 (30-04-2013)] +
- GENERAL
- Overall texturing overhaul.
- Overall doodad overhaul.
- MAINS
- Size increased.
- Supply Depot removed from ramp (and replaced with Unbuildable Rocks).
- NATURAL
- Size increased.
- Adjusted ramp.
- Minerals reoriented.
- THIRD
- Minerals reoriented.
- Pathable area behind the minerals added.
- FOURTH
- Minerals reoriented.
- Rock towers added to ramp.
- Pathway from natural widened.
- FIFTH
- Line of sight blockers added to path from fourth.
- Pathable area behind the minerals added.
- ISLANDS
- Rocks removed.


+ Show Spoiler [v1.3] +

- Main bases enlarged slightly.
- Main ramp changed to require standard wall-of.
- Added overlord hiding spot to top natural to match bottom natural.
- Low ground third moved away from natural slightly (4-5 squares).
- Low ground third minerals and gas reoriented.
- High-ground path above low-ground third widened slightly.
- Ramp from low-ground third to high-ground path moved backward slightly.
- Cliffs surrounding the low-ground paths (3 oclock and 9 oclock) changed to match each other (for overlord purposes).
Retired Mapmaker™
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 14:55:27
January 24 2013 14:53 GMT
#2
Wow.. never seen that rock block of minerals before.. are you able to fit a base there before they're gone?

edit: on the islands I mean, perhaps not the most important question, but whatever
maru G5L pls
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
January 24 2013 15:13 GMT
#3
Yeah you can properly position a main building before the rocks are down
Retired Mapmaker™
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
January 24 2013 15:16 GMT
#4
On January 24 2013 23:53 neptunusfisk wrote:
Wow.. never seen that rock block of minerals before.. are you able to fit a base there before they're gone?

edit: on the islands I mean, perhaps not the most important question, but whatever

It was used on Testbug before, but since then it was never seen I think.
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 17:48:37
January 24 2013 15:46 GMT
#5
Oblivion also has it doesn't it?

Anyway, I like this map, the layout is interesting, I like a good map that forces you to consider exactly through what path to engage and allows you to pull you opponent out of position with small attack squads. It's hard to do on a small map and usually I just make maps large to achieve this but you seem to have done an amicable job on a small map.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
January 24 2013 16:26 GMT
#6
My first thought: Dual Sight.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
January 24 2013 16:31 GMT
#7
On January 25 2013 01:26 digmouse wrote:
My first thought: Dual Sight.

That's a pretty useless first thought.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
January 24 2013 17:15 GMT
#8
Straight to ladder please. ;D

This has its problems, but they're all within the envelope of what a small map has to deal with anyway, and you succeeded mightily in what you set out to do, and these problems are all minimal unlike most small maps which set aside one problem to have in spades while fixing the others. Still, I don't like how much the towers poach on lategame maneuvering. By that I mean, the bases get close together and the towers cover all the rest of the space on the map, making army movements de facto knowledge. And it decreases the stability by decreasing uncertainty, imo, when it is already plenty unstable by short distance and connectivity. I would love if they were destructible or smaller radius or gone.

I love the islands on this map, some of the best fitting-in corner islands. And that style of rocks definitely needs to be used more.

Nice two-tone btw. Great job!
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
January 24 2013 17:27 GMT
#9
Love small maps, and this one is absolutely gorgeous.

Sadly I don't have a SEA account to try it out though.
Cereal
Drake Merrwin
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 17:36:19
January 24 2013 17:34 GMT
#10
Sick. This is the kind of map that I would call fresh. It's not different enough to make everyone never play it but it explores small things that make it different. Even the aesthetics aren't over the top crazy shit. It's a nice, subtle, gentlemens map. =D Love it. So far you are my favourite map maker on this forum. <3
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
January 24 2013 18:25 GMT
#11
Pretty cool. XNTs need to be destructible/time-limited or removed, I agree. Aesthetics are really good. I like the optional 3rds. Neither is too safe. The left and right LOS blockers don't make any sense to me, but w/e that is like the tiniest of nitpicks. gj
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 18:49:39
January 24 2013 18:39 GMT
#12
This macro map has a pretty solid layout, yo! I like the texturing and the theme. One small nitpick/suggestion:

Actually, after looking at it some more, I changed my mind! I like the clean look of the snow.

Since the towers are in the middle it still leaves a lot of room to maneuver around them (which I like). However, I question the need for towers at all! I bet you could make a strong map that has no XNTs. Just something to consider.

I also question the need for rocks on the island. If T were to take the island early then they would have to build workers separately anyhow. I think closing off the rocks like that removes some crazy little strats that might occur.

Be sure to post the reason why you used the rocks on the island, as I'm really curious.

Very solid map.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Timetwister22
Profile Joined March 2011
United States538 Posts
January 24 2013 19:09 GMT
#13
I REALLY like this map. The natural plays out differently, the third is different, and late game islands sound awesome. However, if the islands don't work out, semi-islands by using rocks or collapse rocks come hots would be very interesting.
Former ESV Mapmaker | @Timetwister22
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
January 24 2013 19:10 GMT
#14
I also question the need for rocks on the island. If T were to take the island early then they would have to build workers separately anyhow.


but mulez yo
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
January 25 2013 00:19 GMT
#15
Can you perform a standard terran 2depot 1 rax wall at the main ramp? It is hard to tell but it looks like you dont have enough space up top for them to be flush with the edge of the ramp. The whole shape of that ramp seems tough to defend. I do like the jagged cliffs around the map however.

Both the 3rd and 4ths seem hard to defend as Z, siege tanks look quite strong. Then again there are plenty of lanes for counterattacks and runbys so it may just be a matter of playing out differently, which is good.

Love the aesthetics! It really has that frozen mountain feel to it, like it gets colder as you go north on the map.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Doominator10
Profile Joined August 2012
United States515 Posts
January 25 2013 00:23 GMT
#16
Aight, you've heard the feedback. Nix them xelnaga towers, and we are all set for an awesomov map :D

(Personally I think just 1 smack in the center would be enough with some minor reworks to the previous cliffs)
Your DOOM has arrived,,,, and is handing out cookies
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 00:49:03
January 25 2013 00:37 GMT
#17
On January 25 2013 01:26 digmouse wrote:
My first thought: Dual Sight.


Do you mean the aesthetics with the two tone set? Or some layout similarity?


On January 25 2013 02:15 EatThePath wrote:
Still, I don't like how much the towers poach on lategame maneuvering. By that I mean, the bases get close together and the towers cover all the rest of the space on the map, making army movements de facto knowledge. And it decreases the stability by decreasing uncertainty, imo, when it is already plenty unstable by short distance and connectivity.


Towers were one of my major concerns with the map, I've played with tower radius in previous maps and people didnt like it (don't know why, tower radius should be different for lots of maps) so might make them destructible after 7-10 minutes or some similar setup. If you want your tower, defend it! :D


On January 25 2013 02:27 InfCereal wrote:
Sadly I don't have a SEA account to try it out though.


It will be on NA and EU soon, hopefully.


On January 25 2013 03:39 Qwyn wrote:
I also question the need for rocks on the island. If T were to take the island early then they would have to build workers separately anyhow. I think closing off the rocks like that removes some crazy little strats that might occur.

Be sure to post the reason why you used the rocks on the island, as I'm really curious.

Very solid map.


The rocks are there in that because if a Terran is to land they still can't flood the relatively safe expansion with mules without destroying those rocks, and I adjusted the armour and health of the rocks on a personal preference, I'd like to see air play (void rays, muta, and banshees) not be disadvantaged in taking down rocks compared to those hard-hitting ground units which would take down rocks normally.

I will further adjust the health and armour depending on how long it would take a PF, spine crawler, and nexus attack (hots) to take them down.


On January 25 2013 04:09 Timetwister22 wrote:
I REALLY like this map. The natural plays out differently, the third is different, and late game islands sound awesome. However, if the islands don't work out, semi-islands by using rocks or collapse rocks come hots would be very interesting.


It is my personal belief that air play will become more prevalent in the various match ups, and that islands might play out more
Interestingly than they do now, and I hope we will see some competitive island maps come because of it.


On January 25 2013 09:19 TheFish7 wrote:
Can you perform a standard terran 2depot 1 rax wall at the main ramp? It is hard to tell but it looks like you dont have enough space up top for them to be flush with the edge of the ramp. The whole shape of that ramp seems tough to defend. I do like the jagged cliffs around the map however.

Love the aesthetics! It really has that frozen mountain feel to it, like it gets colder as you go north on the map.


The main is easier to wall than normal, one supply depot and barracks, and can be walled cleanly even if u want to place an addon there, I will post some pictures after work!

The aesthetics were really fun to do, and with a surprisingly low doodad count (less than 500, maybe less than 400 I can't remember the exact amount).


Thanks for all the feedback!

Edit: I'd be sorely tempted to push those towers further out towards the edge of the map, to keep that central path out of tower vision.




Retired Mapmaker™
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
January 25 2013 01:05 GMT
#18
Beautiful map in terms of design (aesthetics are okay too...). I'd scratch the towers though.

Only thing I notice is that the main's ramp is really awkward and easy to wall. I'd change it to the standard depot+rax+depot wall.

Middle of the map is really boring but works. Could be something more interesting there.

Distances are all a bit short but it looks feasible to play on.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
January 25 2013 02:05 GMT
#19
This map is quite attractive.

I think that the way that those rocks are set up is the best way to balance island expansions in the game. Players can still expand there, but the bases are more or less useless until the rocks are taken down. I especially like how Stalkers can blink up to the islands with sight. It will make games very interesting. Maybe part of the islands could be extended so that it connects to the mainland, allowing Reapers/Colossi to traverse the ledge, and still preventing Siege Tanks from cliffing the expansion because you'd be extending the high ground not the low ground.

It is a little difficult for me to tell based on the images, but it looks like the main ramp can be walled off with just a Barracks and Supply Depot (or the equivalent of such buildings) because of how close the cliff edges are to the building placement. I have to admit that I do not know how it would affect balance, if at all.

The main looks like it is more vulnerable to drops than on other maps due to the distance between the mineral line and the edge of the main. It leaves less space for Stalkers/Hydras/Marines to fend off drops. I'd consider extending the main out a bit to counter-act that if drop play winds up being too powerful.

Regarding the towers, I feel that moving them away from covering the central path would be a poor decision because this map has a shorter attack path than the trend. However, in there current location they reveal a lot of information. You might want to consider either having just one in the center of the map (boring, I know) or play around with decreasing their sight radius.

If you are stressing air play, I'd be very curious as to how late game scenarios would unfold between the island expansions and the low ground ones near them. Taking air play into a larger account than other maps, it's tough to determine which player the low ground expansions belong to. They could go either way. I imagine Tempests from the islands preventing the opposing player from expanding there, but it could happen from both directions. They are just in a rather precarious position and would really force combat between players in the late game.

Overall, I really like Yeonsu and hope it gets into some tournaments for further testing. Maps that stress air play are very important right now because HotS is young, and if they don't catch on early, they'll not do any better than they did in WoL.

Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 02:11:43
January 25 2013 02:11 GMT
#20
The main is easier to wall than normal, one supply depot and barracks


I think this could be a problem because a probe scouting on 9 won't get in :-\ But shifting the ramp a bit shouldn't be very difficult
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings189
CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5096
Jaedong 3249
Leta 2105
EffOrt 832
Soulkey 731
Horang2 451
Soma 438
BeSt 347
Mini 338
Rush 279
[ Show more ]
Stork 240
Light 206
Killer 176
Zeus 139
Pusan 135
Snow 129
Barracks 126
Larva 120
ggaemo 114
firebathero 107
Sea.KH 62
hero 55
JYJ 53
Mong 53
ToSsGirL 41
Sharp 34
Bale 34
sorry 23
Shinee 23
Aegong 20
Sexy 14
zelot 14
Shine 9
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Rock 4
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc7250
Dendi666
XaKoH 554
qojqva352
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_90
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3892
Other Games
gofns47011
singsing1641
olofmeister1389
B2W.Neo759
byalli580
Lowko332
Livibee199
DeMusliM152
mouzStarbuck99
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS69
Liquid`VortiX51
Chillindude3
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV529
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV328
League of Legends
• Jankos1888
• Nemesis711
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 52m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.