• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8116 users

[M] (2) Icarus

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
ATTx
Profile Joined February 2012
Korea (South)178 Posts
January 21 2013 04:27 GMT
#1
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Hello ! I'm ATTx

playable : 128 x 152

Thx to Eastwindy
5one2heal@gmail.com
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
January 21 2013 06:26 GMT
#2
I predict this will last 1 season in GSL
SC2 Mapmaker
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
January 21 2013 06:46 GMT
#3
finally a map image with good contrast. I cant see shit in GSL news
lost_artz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States366 Posts
January 21 2013 09:44 GMT
#4
On January 21 2013 15:26 lorestarcraft wrote:
I predict this will last 1 season in GSL


Two at most, it just seems like such a weird map how everything's laid out.
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
January 21 2013 09:58 GMT
#5
You can blink into the backyard as well as warpin, not sure if bad or brilliant, we will see.

Apart from that, really cool map in terms of layout, finally something different.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
January 21 2013 10:37 GMT
#6
I like this map a lot for how different it is, yet I don't think it does anything stupid or over the top.

How long it can remain in GSL or if there is imbalances remains to be seen, but for the time being I have high hopes for unique games
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
January 21 2013 11:27 GMT
#7
I'm just glad there's a GSL map for the first time in a long time that is taking a few chances. It may not be perfect - we'll see on that - but at least it is trying.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Unsane
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada170 Posts
January 21 2013 12:50 GMT
#8
I wish more maps would make use of varying mineral layouts.
"What is the plural of y'all? All y'all." -Day9
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
January 21 2013 12:58 GMT
#9
I really think this map needs one more base below the third but I still like it
rly ?
Dujek
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom276 Posts
January 21 2013 14:15 GMT
#10
I honestly have no idea what to make of this map, but watching tasteless and artosis talk about it should be a lot of fun.
Sumadin
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark588 Posts
January 21 2013 14:39 GMT
#11
On January 21 2013 21:58 algue wrote:
I really think this map needs one more base below the third but I still like it


How did i miss that?

Yea 4.5 bases per player is... a questionable decision. And even then 1 of the bases for each player is centered thus practically impossible to secure.

Even on Ohana with 5 bases per player the low number of bases have been a frequent problem, even without centered bases.

What are they thinking exactly? Suddenly i am not too sure about this map.
The basic key to beating a priest is playing a deck that is terrible.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 14:46:28
January 21 2013 14:43 GMT
#12
--- Nuked ---
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
January 21 2013 15:36 GMT
#13
On January 21 2013 23:39 Sumadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2013 21:58 algue wrote:
I really think this map needs one more base below the third but I still like it


How did i miss that?

Yea 4.5 bases per player is... a questionable decision. And even then 1 of the bases for each player is centered thus practically impossible to secure.

Even on Ohana with 5 bases per player the low number of bases have been a frequent problem, even without centered bases.

What are they thinking exactly? Suddenly i am not too sure about this map.
I think this is the purpose of this map, it's meant to force people to do 2base pushes and potentially expand behind it. This has been the overall flow of the GSL this season by also basically putting rocks on all the thirds on older maps.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
January 21 2013 16:15 GMT
#14
the 3rd is very difficult to take, but if thats how the map will play out and the creator intended to, then im ok with that.

Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
January 21 2013 16:35 GMT
#15
I love this map and I'm so glad GSL are finally moving away from every map being basically the same.

It's all well and good having maps that support really early 3 base play, but when every map in the pool does it it makes the game almost unbearable to watch as every game plays out the same.

I love the design, the base positioning and the cool backyard nat (unseen for ages, crevasse was the last one right?). Hope to see more maps like this and more experimental ones in the future with HoTS around the corner! :D
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
January 21 2013 16:45 GMT
#16
This gets map gets worse the more I look at it. So awful. It's not creative, it's just bad. Even on maps where the third is harder, it still has to be possible to take it. Ripping half of the strats out of the playbook doesn't improve play. Why doesn't someone from GOM look at the awesome and creative community maps and pick one? They are 10 times better and balanced. Seriously, I am so mad at this.
SC2 Mapmaker
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
January 21 2013 16:52 GMT
#17
Don't see the point of the 2 gold minerals, but this type of map is long overdue. I like the way the lowground runs across the entire map stylistically, but I also like the general layout of the expansions. The overview's slightly headache-inducing, but overall I approve.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
January 21 2013 17:28 GMT
#18
On January 22 2013 01:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Don't see the point of the 2 gold minerals, but this type of map is long overdue. I like the way the lowground runs across the entire map stylistically, but I also like the general layout of the expansions. The overview's slightly headache-inducing, but overall I approve.

I like the map overall, but I feel like the reintroduction of gold bases is a bad idea, that said, I'm not a map maker. Maybe he has an intended purpose for them.
User was warned for too many mimes.
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
January 21 2013 17:39 GMT
#19
On January 22 2013 01:45 lorestarcraft wrote:
This gets map gets worse the more I look at it. So awful. It's not creative, it's just bad. Even on maps where the third is harder, it still has to be possible to take it. Ripping half of the strats out of the playbook doesn't improve play. Why doesn't someone from GOM look at the awesome and creative community maps and pick one? They are 10 times better and balanced. Seriously, I am so mad at this.
Because there are apparently people that really like it? Look at this thread for instance?

Why do people always think that everyone shares their opinion. So this is a map that you don't like? Great, it's a free internet, your opinion is your prerogative. I think the map is original, I don't know yet if it will be good but it seeks to achieve a certain specific thing and it seems to do that well. That's my opinion.

This is honestly a plague infesting that mapmaking commuity, so many people are like 'Oh man, this map pool of this tournament sucks because it has at least 3 maps I don't like'. Well, there will always be at least 3 you don 't like because everyone likes different maps.


On January 22 2013 02:28 docvoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2013 01:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Don't see the point of the 2 gold minerals, but this type of map is long overdue. I like the way the lowground runs across the entire map stylistically, but I also like the general layout of the expansions. The overview's slightly headache-inducing, but overall I approve.

I like the map overall, but I feel like the reintroduction of gold bases is a bad idea, that said, I'm not a map maker. Maybe he has an intended purpose for them.
The purpose is clear, he wants it to yield less income than a normal gold base but more than a normal blue base?
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Sumadin
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark588 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 18:02:07
January 21 2013 17:49 GMT
#20
On January 22 2013 01:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Don't see the point of the 2 gold minerals, but this type of map is long overdue. I like the way the lowground runs across the entire map stylistically, but I also like the general layout of the expansions. The overview's slightly headache-inducing, but overall I approve.


Probably to even it out for terran. The gas itself is a rich vespene so by adding two 2 gold patches it is ofset slightly compared to zergs who go hatch first and then take the rich gas first.

Additional Comment:

On January 22 2013 00:36 SiskosGoatee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2013 23:39 Sumadin wrote:
On January 21 2013 21:58 algue wrote:
I really think this map needs one more base below the third but I still like it


How did i miss that?

Yea 4.5 bases per player is... a questionable decision. And even then 1 of the bases for each player is centered thus practically impossible to secure.

Even on Ohana with 5 bases per player the low number of bases have been a frequent problem, even without centered bases.

What are they thinking exactly? Suddenly i am not too sure about this map.
I think this is the purpose of this map, it's meant to force people to do 2base pushes and potentially expand behind it. This has been the overall flow of the GSL this season by also basically putting rocks on all the thirds on older maps.


Well he is not exactly basing his intentions on established map science then... do you know how long we have to go back to find 2 player maps with just 4.5 bases on ladder? Season ONE!! You rememper the map pool of utter garbage that everyone critized? And they were all trashed even by Blizzard of yester-yesteryear after just one season baring Xelnaga caverns.
The basic key to beating a priest is playing a deck that is terrible.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 30
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1112
Mini 928
Soma 610
Shuttle 498
actioN 474
Rush 375
ggaemo 318
Light 315
Larva 287
Stork 275
[ Show more ]
BeSt 242
Horang2 217
Snow 184
hero 156
firebathero 118
Barracks 107
Dewaltoss 103
Aegong 75
Zeus 67
Shine 65
Sexy 40
Sea.KH 36
Liquid`Ret 36
sorry 34
Shinee 32
Sharp 32
JYJ 30
soO 27
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 21
zelot 19
Rock 15
Trap 13
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8497
qojqva1985
Dendi867
420jenkins162
Counter-Strike
fl0m1245
Fnx 785
x6flipin517
edward51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5382
Grubby43
Other Games
singsing1425
B2W.Neo931
byalli479
Mlord348
Khaldor312
ceh9273
DeMusliM237
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS123
KnowMe123
Trikslyr49
BRAT_OK 25
Railgan16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
WardiTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH244
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile129
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV375
League of Legends
• Nemesis2981
• TFBlade878
Other Games
• Shiphtur162
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 52m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.