• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9090 users

Football Manager 2013

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
October 19 2012 16:23 GMT
#1
If people are addicted to video games, its either World of Warcraft or Football Manager.
For the first time, people who pre-order will get access to the FM13 beta up until launch. Save data from the beta will be compatible with the final version.

The interface has been revamped once again, and there are many new features including different game modes, more staff options and managing taxes (oh how fun is that...).

Cheapest place I found it was here ($30 USD).

Currently trying a Rangers game at the moment, hopefully I don't fuck up and get fired after the first season.
Commentator
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
October 20 2012 02:30 GMT
#2
I tried this game last year, and I spent 4 months playing this game, then I had to uninstall because I was quite addicted to it >.<. Is that site safe to pay through?
Who needs players when you have God?
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
October 21 2012 07:58 GMT
#3
Was fine for me. It's a reputable website.

By the way for anyone playing in the beta, anyone notice the GPG has gone up?

[image loading]
Commentator
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
October 21 2012 08:07 GMT
#4
Currently on mid-term test, afraid to play it right now
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
October 21 2012 08:14 GMT
#5
I could never really move on from 2010, I have too many good saves on it that I still play when I want to play FM. =/
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
October 21 2012 14:06 GMT
#6
I'm so gonna crush face with my normal teams. With the depths of Fiorentina this year, it's going to be so easy to make top 3 and roll faces afterwards with the Champion's league money. And I won't mention Chelsea

However I'm puzzled as to why FM13 isn't out yet. I thought the release date always was beginning of October.

Nice game btw, GTR
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4685 Posts
October 22 2012 00:23 GMT
#7
I'm going to actually try and finish a Blue Square Bet North team to Champions League this time.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
October 22 2012 00:39 GMT
#8
Mind if I ask what some of the stats are for some of the best South Korean players, particularly Ki Sung Yong, Son Heung Min, Hong Jeong Ho, and maybe a few others? I almost always manage South Korea to a good world cup finish
OoFuzer
Profile Joined July 2008
Chile436 Posts
October 22 2012 00:44 GMT
#9
Can you trade players (human) with other players (human)? (Like hattrick game)

I've never played FM before.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 00:11:45
October 23 2012 00:11 GMT
#10
I tried FM 2012 demo and didn't really know what I was doing >.>. (I did win half the games and just let my assistance suggest me individual training.)

There wasn't any FAQs up on gamefaqs (at least 2012, last I checked) and I'm too lazy to watch a video of someone else playing it.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 23 2012 01:54 GMT
#11
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
October 23 2012 10:08 GMT
#12
On October 23 2012 09:11 Goldfish wrote:
I tried FM 2012 demo and didn't really know what I was doing >.>. (I did win half the games and just let my assistance suggest me individual training.)

There wasn't any FAQs up on gamefaqs (at least 2012, last I checked) and I'm too lazy to watch a video of someone else playing it.


The core of the game really is fixing tactics and making player selections and dealing with transfers. Everything else you'll pretty much pick up on the fly... eventually.

For a very long time (several titles in the series in fact), I would never even look into the training screen and just kept it running on default.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 10:30:03
October 23 2012 10:22 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
October 23 2012 10:30 GMT
#14
On October 23 2012 19:08 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 09:11 Goldfish wrote:
I tried FM 2012 demo and didn't really know what I was doing >.>. (I did win half the games and just let my assistance suggest me individual training.)

There wasn't any FAQs up on gamefaqs (at least 2012, last I checked) and I'm too lazy to watch a video of someone else playing it.


The core of the game really is fixing tactics and making player selections and dealing with transfers. Everything else you'll pretty much pick up on the fly... eventually.

For a very long time (several titles in the series in fact), I would never even look into the training screen and just kept it running on default.


Same here, but once I learned the training screen I realized how much potential I wasted. A good youth development program + a five star training schedule can make you a ton of money.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 23 2012 18:17 GMT
#15
Do any of you guys use FMscout? I've been playing the game since CM 4 and have always used some kind of program to see CA/PA, some say it's cheating but I like to be a perfectionist about the game so I can't do without it. I realize it does make the game less fun especially in longer saves when the regen quality goes downhill. It's also painful to ignore a player that has one or two faults but is otherwise perfect.

I'm looking forward to this game but I feel like in the past few years the series overall has not changed very much but have just recycled the old game with a new database and a 3D match engine that I never use. I would like to see some changes to the tutoring system to make it less random, a more detailed explanation on player personalities and how they affect growth, and most importantly a revamp to the CA/PA system so that players' potentials are not set in stone.

I always play the first save as Man Utd until I win everything every season, which has become more and more difficult. I don't really understand how people can have a 10+ season save with a big club since you are able to assemble a perfect squad very quickly and win everything so that it becomes kind of boring. I hope they restructure the Glazers's debt so that it becomes possible to to actually pay it off.

Every year in the past the game will have a lot of bugs until at least the first big patch. It's nice they are doing a beta this year so that the release game won't have as many problems. Might play the beta anyway just to see the new databases. Thank for that link GTR.
Happystreet
Profile Joined January 2011
550 Posts
October 23 2012 18:20 GMT
#16
On October 24 2012 03:17 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Do any of you guys use FMscout? I've been playing the game since CM 4 and have always used some kind of program to see CA/PA, some say it's cheating but I like to be a perfectionist about the game so I can't do without it. I realize it does make the game less fun especially in longer saves when the regen quality goes downhill. It's also painful to ignore a player that has one or two faults but is otherwise perfect...



I uses FMscout some in FM12. For me it took out some of the enjoyment of the game though so i stopped.

Oh and what does "I realize it does make the game less fun especially in longer saves when the regen quality goes downhill" mean?
MKP | Jinro | Thorzain | Flash | Bomber | Amaz
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 23 2012 18:29 GMT
#17
The overall regen quality will always decline in longer saves compared to the youth players of the first few years. The newer regens will have more unbalanced stats, such as very high technical skill but very low physical, or overall low aggression, etc. It has been a huge problem in the few years before FM 2012 when they really worked on it. But nonetheless the stats of the regens are still not good enough. It's hard because you want the strengths of the players to be random, but if it is too random then no one will be good enough.
Happystreet
Profile Joined January 2011
550 Posts
October 23 2012 18:36 GMT
#18
On October 24 2012 03:29 zulu_nation8 wrote:
The overall regen quality will always decline in longer saves compared to the youth players of the first few years. The newer regens will have more unbalanced stats, such as very high technical skill but very low physical, or overall low aggression, etc. It has been a huge problem in the few years before FM 2012 when they really worked on it. But nonetheless the stats of the regens are still not good enough. It's hard because you want the strengths of the players to be random, but if it is too random then no one will be good enough.


Really? I have found quite the opposite. Or atleast comparing regens to real players. That is something i always had a problem with. Say the year is 2012, i am a mid table PL side like Liverpool looking for a poacher. I would most likely be happy if i could find someone with 16 finishing, pace and off the ball. However if i play a mid table PL side in the year 2040 and i am looking for a poacher i won't be happy if he doesn't have 18+ finishing, pace and off the ball for example.

I have never thought about comparing newer regens (made in 2012-2016) to older regens (2020+). Is there really a difference? Why?
MKP | Jinro | Thorzain | Flash | Bomber | Amaz
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
October 23 2012 18:47 GMT
#19
On October 23 2012 19:22 Sated wrote:Maybe I will combine the idea of taking a small club to the big leagues with the YNWAWK idea. That should be interesting and it should provide a true challenge, which is something I've not had with an FM game for a while.


That would take literally 30-40 years unless you decide to save-cheat every season for wonderkid-like regens.


I'm actually playing 2012 for a bit now as chelsea just to get into the groove before I buy 13. My plan is probably to take a 2nd or 3rd division team from lesser leagues into CL and beyond, somewhere like Slovenia or Poland I think.



P.S. Does anyone know if the non-promotion system into the K-League has been fixed in 2013? I might give Ansan Hallelujah (true story) another go then.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 23 2012 18:49 GMT
#20
Hmm in my experience it as been something like, if I'm looking for a poacher among real players, there will be plenty of players with rounded stats such as 15 for finishing, 10+ anticipation, off the ball, flair, determination, pace, etc, even if the players are not fantastic. Whereas in later saves among regens, there are very few rounded ones and more unbalanced ones with stats such as, 15 for finishing, 12+ for off the ball, determination, pace, and then a 3 for anticipation that's impossible to overlook. I think there is difference among generation of regens, but more importantly it's the difference between regen stats and real player stats, regen stats are unbalanced in a way that the players who are not extremely talented will never be notable.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 97
EnDerr 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2482
Rain 1604
FanTaSy 390
Soma 130
Yoon 112
NotJumperer 72
Stork 48
Mong 47
Killer 45
Bale 37
[ Show more ]
Shinee 29
Hm[arnc] 27
Sharp 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
yabsab 15
Noble 10
Dota 2
Fuzer 87
League of Legends
JimRising 534
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss460
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King172
Other Games
summit1g8185
olofmeister861
ceh9486
Happy267
KnowMe126
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick625
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Lourlo1211
• Rush1157
• Stunt466
Other Games
• Shiphtur837
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 32m
INu's Battles
2h 32m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 32m
OSC
13h 47m
Replay Cast
14h 32m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.