• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:10
CEST 17:10
KST 00:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9811 users

Football Manager 2013 - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
October 23 2012 18:56 GMT
#21
Yeah, at least in <2010, it was very common for a regen player that has the average rating of 12 and 18+ in most of the desirable attributes to have something like Decisions 3 Anticipation 5, making him coinflippy at best and a hazard at worst.

The effect is somewhat diminished in lower leagues though, since the ratings are generally low and there are very weird players to begin with.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
October 24 2012 08:34 GMT
#22
On October 23 2012 19:22 Sated wrote:
I'm going to wait until the full version is released like I always do. The beta versions always seem to have quite a few bugs that need ironing out before release, and I'm still busy with my "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" FM12 game

EDIT:

I'm actually torn on what type of game to make my "main" save this year.

What I used to always do was take a low-level team and bring them up through the ranks. The most notable was in FM10 where I managed FC United of Manchester (using a mod to activate the lower-leagues of the English pyramid) and took them all the way to the UEFA Cup group-stage in only ~15 seasons! The problem was that this got a little bit boring after playing a few similar saves over a number of years, so I moved onto playing "Journeyman" saves instead. "Journeyman" saves (where you limit yourself to staying at a club for only 1 or 2 years before moving to a new one) are pretty cool since you get to manage to lot of teams and you get a real feel for your character progressing as a manager as they move on to bigger and bigger clubs, but I kinda missed the idea of having a legacy at a single club... hence why I went with a "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" (where you limit yourself to only using players developed through your clubs youth system) game this time around, although I admittedly made it easy on myself by managing Manchester United (which is who I support).

Maybe I will combine the idea of taking a small club to the big leagues with the YNWAWK idea. That should be interesting and it should provide a true challenge, which is something I've not had with an FM game for a while.


Play Rangers. A club with a decorated history, screwed over by their finances and now in the Scottish Third Division. Will be fun getting them back as Scotland's top team.
Commentator
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
November 02 2012 17:21 GMT
#23
So who is up for setting up an online TL FM13 league?
I'm not sure how the online works, is it real time or what?

RIP Meatloaf <3
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-02 18:03:23
November 02 2012 18:02 GMT
#24
On October 24 2012 17:34 GTR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 19:22 Sated wrote:
I'm going to wait until the full version is released like I always do. The beta versions always seem to have quite a few bugs that need ironing out before release, and I'm still busy with my "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" FM12 game

EDIT:

I'm actually torn on what type of game to make my "main" save this year.

What I used to always do was take a low-level team and bring them up through the ranks. The most notable was in FM10 where I managed FC United of Manchester (using a mod to activate the lower-leagues of the English pyramid) and took them all the way to the UEFA Cup group-stage in only ~15 seasons! The problem was that this got a little bit boring after playing a few similar saves over a number of years, so I moved onto playing "Journeyman" saves instead. "Journeyman" saves (where you limit yourself to staying at a club for only 1 or 2 years before moving to a new one) are pretty cool since you get to manage to lot of teams and you get a real feel for your character progressing as a manager as they move on to bigger and bigger clubs, but I kinda missed the idea of having a legacy at a single club... hence why I went with a "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" (where you limit yourself to only using players developed through your clubs youth system) game this time around, although I admittedly made it easy on myself by managing Manchester United (which is who I support).

Maybe I will combine the idea of taking a small club to the big leagues with the YNWAWK idea. That should be interesting and it should provide a true challenge, which is something I've not had with an FM game for a while.


Play Rangers. A club with a decorated history, screwed over by their finances and now in the Scottish Third Division. Will be fun getting them back as Scotland's top team.


Rangers is one of the first team I am going to go! That and my beloved leeds!! have two saves play as Leeds first then Rangers as a journeyman after a season or two with leeds.. can see what will happen though go leeds and 6-7 season later never leave that save lol Wait till this season is out of way then im ogign to buy it...lol
Live and Let Die!
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
November 02 2012 18:30 GMT
#25
On October 20 2012 01:23 GTR wrote:
If people are addicted to video games, its either World of Warcraft or Football Manager.
For the first time, people who pre-order will get access to the FM13 beta up until launch. Save data from the beta will be compatible with the final version.

The interface has been revamped once again, and there are many new features including different game modes, more staff options and managing taxes (oh how fun is that...).

Cheapest place I found it was here ($30 USD).

Currently trying a Rangers game at the moment, hopefully I don't fuck up and get fired after the first season.


Eh, even for $30 I can't really justify getting FM more than once every other year. And I had 300 hours on FM10 and now I only have 100 on FM12, so I think I'll skip 13.

And managing mundane shit as well as soccer is the draw of the series for me, so hopefully they keep the tax stuff for 14.
Littlemuff
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom301 Posts
November 02 2012 19:09 GMT
#26
Has anyone tried the Quick Season mode thing? i need it to be good!

I remember playing CM98 and getting to 2009 being like "oh man 2009 is so far away." Cant get through more than 3 seasons now. All the crap like press conferences and that ruined the game for me.
fjjotizz
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-04 15:41:05
November 04 2012 15:31 GMT
#27
How is the online compatibility with this year's version? That's what I'm really hoping for. In case it's good we should DEFINITELY set up a TL game!! :D

Edit: Picking up the game some day this week!
"I'm a creepy guy. Tasteless, if it would make my units move faster, I would peek in everyones window in Seoul."
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
November 04 2012 15:37 GMT
#28
--- Nuked ---
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-08 15:12:22
November 08 2012 15:08 GMT
#29
Anyone know how exactly SI Games' version of EPPP works out in this edition? Can't really find anything from Googling.

On November 05 2012 00:37 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2012 17:34 GTR wrote:
On October 23 2012 19:22 Sated wrote:
I'm going to wait until the full version is released like I always do. The beta versions always seem to have quite a few bugs that need ironing out before release, and I'm still busy with my "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" FM12 game

EDIT:

I'm actually torn on what type of game to make my "main" save this year.

What I used to always do was take a low-level team and bring them up through the ranks. The most notable was in FM10 where I managed FC United of Manchester (using a mod to activate the lower-leagues of the English pyramid) and took them all the way to the UEFA Cup group-stage in only ~15 seasons! The problem was that this got a little bit boring after playing a few similar saves over a number of years, so I moved onto playing "Journeyman" saves instead. "Journeyman" saves (where you limit yourself to staying at a club for only 1 or 2 years before moving to a new one) are pretty cool since you get to manage to lot of teams and you get a real feel for your character progressing as a manager as they move on to bigger and bigger clubs, but I kinda missed the idea of having a legacy at a single club... hence why I went with a "You'll Never Win Anything With Kids" (where you limit yourself to only using players developed through your clubs youth system) game this time around, although I admittedly made it easy on myself by managing Manchester United (which is who I support).

Maybe I will combine the idea of taking a small club to the big leagues with the YNWAWK idea. That should be interesting and it should provide a true challenge, which is something I've not had with an FM game for a while.


Play Rangers. A club with a decorated history, screwed over by their finances and now in the Scottish Third Division. Will be fun getting them back as Scotland's top team.

That's actually not a bad idea.


I'm trying to play this as my 'side-game' and it's really hard, especially after the first transfer window closes, where you can't transfer players for another 18 months due to an embargo.
Commentator
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-09 02:41:47
November 09 2012 02:41 GMT
#30
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Doing pretty well so far.
For once its a pleasure to play as Forest, what with their new rich owners, and good players

RIP Meatloaf <3
pedduck
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Thailand468 Posts
November 09 2012 03:04 GMT
#31
I am playing ths game like i always do. Edit myself in to man utd team (with super good stats) and play with out reload a save
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
November 19 2012 09:16 GMT
#32
Something amusing.
[image loading]
Commentator
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
November 21 2012 12:36 GMT
#33
^lol

+ Show Spoiler [background story] +
In my main game, I'm the manager of Hallescher FC in the German 3.Bundesliga. I had no idea at all about any of the teams and basically picked blind. When I got to the team they actually had no right backs. So I bought an 18 year old right back from FC Mainz's reserve squad for 95k euros at my scout's recommendation, and the guy has been one of my best and most consistent players.

The projection was for my team to be relegated from the league, but they played beyond all expectations (even my own) and got upset after upset, and we were in second place with as few as ten games left.

After a bit of a slump at the end of the season my team finished sixth in the league, and the club's net worth more than doubled, from 1.6 million euros to about 4 million euros. After the season, Hertha BSC (now in the 1st Bundesliga) picked us up as a feeder team.


In my second season as manager of Hallescher FC, my team is 4-4-9, conceding the third most goals in the league and standing just barely out of the relegation zone. In the match simulations my players act as if they have no brain. They stand around while there is a loose ball near them, they allow a player to come into the box unmarked when I have 8/9 men in the box and score an easy goal, and the keeper just stands in place while the ball flies right past him as if he is paralyzed.

After this I read somewhere online that the 3D match engine is glitchy as hell and that's why the players act the way they do, and I also read that switching to 2D fixes it.

So what happens after I switch to 2D? Five straight wins while outscoring my opponents 11-3 over that stretch with two shutouts. At the start of the January transfer window my team is 9-4-9 and in thirteenth on the table. Wish I could have found this out earlier ~_~
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Dust14
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium490 Posts
November 21 2012 12:44 GMT
#34
They just updated the Match Engine, so things might be a lot better now. Haven't tried it myself yet, but patch notes looked promising
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
November 22 2012 05:45 GMT
#35
Never thought it could have happened, but Javier Hernandez just scored 7 goals for me against Swansea. Insane.
Commentator
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-22 10:57:57
November 22 2012 10:57 GMT
#36
On November 21 2012 21:36 Ferrose wrote:
^lol

+ Show Spoiler [background story] +
In my main game, I'm the manager of Hallescher FC in the German 3.Bundesliga. I had no idea at all about any of the teams and basically picked blind. When I got to the team they actually had no right backs. So I bought an 18 year old right back from FC Mainz's reserve squad for 95k euros at my scout's recommendation, and the guy has been one of my best and most consistent players.

The projection was for my team to be relegated from the league, but they played beyond all expectations (even my own) and got upset after upset, and we were in second place with as few as ten games left.

After a bit of a slump at the end of the season my team finished sixth in the league, and the club's net worth more than doubled, from 1.6 million euros to about 4 million euros. After the season, Hertha BSC (now in the 1st Bundesliga) picked us up as a feeder team.


In my second season as manager of Hallescher FC, my team is 4-4-9, conceding the third most goals in the league and standing just barely out of the relegation zone. In the match simulations my players act as if they have no brain. They stand around while there is a loose ball near them, they allow a player to come into the box unmarked when I have 8/9 men in the box and score an easy goal, and the keeper just stands in place while the ball flies right past him as if he is paralyzed.

After this I read somewhere online that the 3D match engine is glitchy as hell and that's why the players act the way they do, and I also read that switching to 2D fixes it.

So what happens after I switch to 2D? Five straight wins while outscoring my opponents 11-3 over that stretch with two shutouts. At the start of the January transfer window my team is 9-4-9 and in thirteenth on the table. Wish I could have found this out earlier ~_~

really? May have to do this as well.. im Leeds in championship bought a few players to strengthen on free transers and my entire team plays like that there.. like they have no clue how to defend or anything lol may changed it to to 2D or see if patch will help!
Live and Let Die!
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
November 22 2012 18:20 GMT
#37
What tactics is everyone using? I'm having lots of trouble with team talks as well.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-30 10:47:43
November 30 2012 10:19 GMT
#38
check out what my striker did on international duty vs serbia

[image loading]
Commentator
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
November 30 2012 12:20 GMT
#39
On November 05 2012 00:31 fjjotizz wrote:
How is the online compatibility with this year's version? That's what I'm really hoping for. In case it's good we should DEFINITELY set up a TL game!! :D

Edit: Picking up the game some day this week!


I would be down to play an online game, I played one so far with a friend and it seems quite good, its just standard FM but the turns only pass once everyone has hit continue i believe
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
November 30 2012 12:28 GMT
#40
How is the genereal opinion on the game? I heared alot complaining about bugs at the start, are they fixed right now?
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 362
OGKoka 254
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46798
Calm 4266
Shuttle 2139
Bisu 1631
FanTaSy 1500
Mini 935
EffOrt 644
Soma 640
Rush 501
Stork 329
[ Show more ]
Light 264
Hyuk 247
Snow 234
firebathero 227
actioN 188
ZerO 181
Dewaltoss 92
Zeus 81
Barracks 80
hero 70
Sea.KH 58
Killer 51
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 38
Hyun 38
Pusan 34
Sharp 33
Bale 26
Free 24
Yoon 22
Shine 21
PianO 19
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7108
Dendi1135
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
x6flipin239
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2248
hiko1854
B2W.Neo381
byalli270
Livibee218
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .180
mouzStarbuck117
Mew2King61
Trikslyr42
Rex28
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV73
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 5m
Replay Cast
7h 50m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.