• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:19
CEST 19:19
KST 02:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8724 users

Proposed Design Changes To StarCraft 2's UI

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 21:13:06
March 15 2012 21:04 GMT
#1
Background: So I prepared this video as part of my application to Blizzard Entertainment to become one of their User Interface Artists for StarCraft 2 and Blizzard DOTA. It is intended to demonstrate some of the changes I would make to StarCraft 2’s existing interface layout; specifically in the Match History and Replay portions of the menu. It is however not production ready work or in any way functional at this point. Rather it is a rough draft that simply demonstrates how I envision some those areas being changed to help improve their functionality.
Some of the changes are relatively minor, and some are more major; as they represent a complete overhaul of how the replay file management works.
As I thought the video came out reasonably well: I wanted to share it one here. Obviously if you like any of my proposed changes: I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to thumbs up the video or leave a comment on youtube or in the blizzard forums. (As any attention it gets might help get my resume noticed, and might potentially lead to me getting the job… I generally don’t ask for this kind of thing, but community support never hurts.)

Regardless, you can watch the video at the link below (it is 7:04 long I think, 8:18 with credits… so not a huge time investment), and I am interested to see what you think of my proposals. So without further ado, here is the link:



Thanks to anyone that takes the time to watch it, and once again if you take the time to leave a comment or like it: I would be genuinely appreciative. If you feel up to it the original post on Blizzard's SC2 Forums is here.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
viOLetFanClub
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Korea (South)390 Posts
March 15 2012 21:07 GMT
#2
Hire this guy and spotlight this.
0kz
Profile Joined January 2010
Italy1118 Posts
March 15 2012 21:11 GMT
#3
this guy just got a new job !
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
March 15 2012 21:13 GMT
#4
awesome and very professional, hope you get the job
battyone
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States180 Posts
March 15 2012 21:13 GMT
#5
I...want this all so badly. Have you contacted blizzard directly/checked out their job listings? You have some amazing ideas that do not require a total re-tooling of how battle.net 2.0 works.
Let's Go Mets!
MurMiLLo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States260 Posts
March 15 2012 21:13 GMT
#6
wow this is amazing. i really hope they hire you
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
March 15 2012 21:14 GMT
#7
On March 16 2012 06:07 k1mjee wrote:
Hire this guy and spotlight this.


Most definitely, I would be very happy with these changes :D
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
Legion710
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 21:15:00
March 15 2012 21:14 GMT
#8
You would think Blizzard entertainment would use everything that is suggested in this video, and MUCH MORE. It's still mindblowing how TERRIBLE the current UI is. I just don't understand how you can fail so miserably. It still annoys me..

Obviously, they need to hire this guy, but it's not like there weren't a million other persons that would've done it for them before...

I can think of at least 25 things that annoy the SHIT out of me when I'm using the UI and I could easily suggest many improvements. It really doesn't take a genius to see all the failures in this lackluster Battle.net 2.0.
Tyrion Lannister
mataxp
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Chile538 Posts
March 15 2012 21:14 GMT
#9
Awesome ideas mate, not sure about the "already awesome UI" but maybe that was necessary.

But overall I loved it, I really hope you get the job, good luck!!
Liquid.Hero Startale.Bomber MVP.Dongraegu
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
March 15 2012 21:15 GMT
#10
I like the ideas very much, but I am kind of irritated of you claiming that you have already done this.
Some of the stuff you describe is hard work to change, yknow?
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
March 15 2012 21:15 GMT
#11
i support this total baller.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
March 15 2012 21:15 GMT
#12
This is REALLY cool. All of your ideas are great, would be awesome if Blizzard listens to you.

Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
March 15 2012 21:15 GMT
#13
Wow, just finished watching the video. I LOVE so much what you thought of with the game summary ---> replay and the extra stats you included such as units at the end of the game, and how you can tell what's happening at what point in the game.

Such simple stuff, but for people who play thousands of games in customs/1v1 ladder sorting through them starts to get so tedious.

I really hope you get the job man, these things are far and away the best suggestions I've seen thus far.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Xenocidersc2
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States237 Posts
March 15 2012 21:17 GMT
#14
Wow very well done, Looking through the match history is such a pain, and its almost always a long process, this would be so helpful when I'm sorting through replays.
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
March 15 2012 21:17 GMT
#15
Just finished the video and 100% agree with all changes, and loved the way you showed them implemented! Hope you get the job fast, so you can fix bnet 2.0
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
TheChostoProject
Profile Joined May 2010
Mexico96 Posts
March 15 2012 21:17 GMT
#16
Not to be rude, but it seems like a lot of high level ideas and no concern of how to do it.

The linking of replay and match history... how would they implement that without storing replays in the server?
www.soundclick.com/thechostoproject
DrThorMD
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada359 Posts
March 15 2012 21:18 GMT
#17
Extremely cool. These changes are pretty sweet. Hope you get the job.
Damn your Chronoboosts!
ntssauce
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany750 Posts
March 15 2012 21:18 GMT
#18
please update this if you get the job . all the best good luck
MMA and Alive you are the best! | Goodbye ST_Sound ~
doss
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada137 Posts
March 15 2012 21:18 GMT
#19
very good ! i support this.
https://sites.google.com/site/starcraft2doss/home/home/
Syrupjuice
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States173 Posts
March 15 2012 21:19 GMT
#20
Goodness there are some good ideas in here! I wonder how easy it would be to actually code all of these changes, but regardless, this user based thinking would be a great step in the UI.
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM668
TaKeTV 244
IndyStarCraft 143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2311
RotterdaM 668
ByuN 326
IndyStarCraft 143
MaxPax 122
BRAT_OK 73
UpATreeSC 44
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3567
Shuttle 817
Mini 427
Stork 407
EffOrt 370
Shinee 182
Mind 175
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 127
Mong 83
[ Show more ]
910 77
Zeus 73
hero 64
Yoon 59
HiyA 52
Snow 52
JYJ 28
Bale 26
sorry 25
Killer 22
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 12
zelot 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5195
qojqva2953
Counter-Strike
fl0m5479
Fnx 688
pashabiceps655
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1820
Other Games
singsing2175
Beastyqt620
ceh9578
Hui .210
XaKoH 132
Trikslyr74
QueenE66
mouzStarbuck62
Chillindude25
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
• imaqtpie227
• WagamamaTV98
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 41m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.