• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:47
CEST 11:47
KST 18:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8129 users

Proposed Design Changes To StarCraft 2's UI - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
March 15 2012 22:24 GMT
#81
great editing skills.

you should try out making sc2 movies :D
I am not good with quotes
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 15 2012 22:25 GMT
#82
Thanks everyone for all of the support. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 15 2012 22:26 GMT
#83
On March 16 2012 07:24 s.a.y wrote:
great editing skills.

you should try out making sc2 movies :D



Thank you. It was kind of rushed, but overall I was really happy with how it came out.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
cmen15
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 22:27:51
March 15 2012 22:27 GMT
#84
Very well made video, and I like all your idea's. If you have a thread on battle.net you should have the link at the bottom, I don't go there much but i would to support you. ^__^
Greed leads to just about all losses.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 15 2012 22:29 GMT
#85
You're really good at what you do. I have no doubt that blizzard will hire you ^^ Bring hope back to us
Life's good :D
PainTraiN94
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany24 Posts
March 15 2012 22:29 GMT
#86
Wow just Wow
Get Pro or Die Trying
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 15 2012 22:30 GMT
#87
On March 16 2012 07:27 cmen15 wrote:
Very well made video, and I like all your idea's. If you have a thread on battle.net you should have the link at the bottom, I don't go there much but i would to support you. ^__^



Ask and ye shall receive: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4175421997?page=2#25http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4175421997?page=2#25

Thanks for the support man!
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
English
Profile Joined April 2010
United States475 Posts
March 15 2012 22:31 GMT
#88
The changes are great and very well presented. I think the best part was how you came to the realization and explaining it. Even if none of your changes are implemented, it shows your thought process.

That being said, sucking up so blatantly probably weakened the video, especially since Blizzard might have let go the team for the very position you're applying for.
NEXUS6
Profile Joined July 2011
United States413 Posts
March 15 2012 22:31 GMT
#89
great work
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
March 15 2012 22:34 GMT
#90
I agree with Ashur
Moderator<:3-/-<
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
March 15 2012 22:34 GMT
#91
holy shit.
hire this guy NOW blizzard.
Sylailene
Profile Joined February 2011
91 Posts
March 15 2012 22:34 GMT
#92
Good luck in getting the job, certainly a nice way to try to get blizzard to notice you
kuroshiro
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom378 Posts
March 15 2012 22:35 GMT
#93
Great video with great ideas that are communicated really clearly, I really hope you get the job.

One thing, and I only mention this because I think your presentation is that close to being really top notch, is that you could work on the pacing of your speech. Your overall speed and clarity is very good, but every now and again you speak a word much faster than the others, often forfeiting a consonant or two in the process. This means that I had to concentrate a fair bit to make sure I caught everything!

I know you're applying for the job as a designer, not a presenter, but since you're that close to being good at the latter, I thought I'd mention my point of view on it The more strings you have to your bow the better, after all.

Good luck!
I am you, and you are me.
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
March 15 2012 22:36 GMT
#94
On March 16 2012 06:24 Ashur wrote:
I do not like those changes but icons in replays. Suggestions are useless for daily purpose. I mean, StarCraft II Bnet UI needs to be changed completely, not just to move this and that and add minor feature. Those requirements are in several threads already

1) Shared replays
1a) Serverside saved replays (anyone can just view my public replays, till I click just played game as "do not publish")
2) Be able to move to the middle or end of the replay immediately
3) Public chat channels
4) Chat commands (/whisper, /ignore, /join, /creategame) we are not xbox dumbasses to click 3 times to whisper, right?
5) Be able to join game from chat via clicking a button ("Observe" for example, when someone left channel and started new public game)
6) Be able to join game after it started, or this might be a feature to prevent cheating - see the real content with a slight 2 min delay
7) Statistics in UI (sc2 ranks stats for my profile, for our teams, its just numbers)
8) An option to show/hide my win/loss ratio to myself/others
9) Clan support
10) E-sports support, why I cannot see replays from games (perhaps with audio) and I have to see a stream? Why is there no stream directly in game UI when this event has Blizzard as a sponsor/partner?
11) Map market
11a) Model market, why you do not make some new models (e.g. CE Thor) of units paid for Blizzbucks?
12) Simplify it, I am just too lazy to click same sequence of tabs/buttons/scroll/rightclicks over and over
13) Screw realms, make it global as it used to be
14) Charts, more charts in game for casters, and more charts in BN UI to analyze. What about chart for income, for unit loss etc.

I mean, game itself is perfect, but whoever made current Battle.NET UI 2.0 just failed. It sucks. It definitely sucks.

Blizzard should be leader in game industry, so far I see that people are complaining. Other companies do a lot - a lot more, to make their games user friendly. It's sad. Oh and BTW So far it seems that D3 socializing will have same "empty" syndrom as SC2 has.


blizzard should hire this guy

Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
March 15 2012 22:37 GMT
#95
I approve of this thread
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Stipulation
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States587 Posts
March 15 2012 22:38 GMT
#96
I find it hilarious that you are capable of thrilling us so incredibly with the work you do for nothing, and Blizzard takes months to implement the tiniest suggestion if they accept it at all.
Great job man!
MyLastSerenade
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany710 Posts
March 15 2012 22:38 GMT
#97
please let us know, when u start ur new job, thats awesome!
Xalorian
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada433 Posts
March 15 2012 22:39 GMT
#98
Really nice.

I love it.
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
March 15 2012 22:39 GMT
#99
On March 16 2012 07:36 GizmoPT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 06:24 Ashur wrote:
I do not like those changes but icons in replays. Suggestions are useless for daily purpose. I mean, StarCraft II Bnet UI needs to be changed completely, not just to move this and that and add minor feature. Those requirements are in several threads already

1) Shared replays
1a) Serverside saved replays (anyone can just view my public replays, till I click just played game as "do not publish")
2) Be able to move to the middle or end of the replay immediately
3) Public chat channels
4) Chat commands (/whisper, /ignore, /join, /creategame) we are not xbox dumbasses to click 3 times to whisper, right?
5) Be able to join game from chat via clicking a button ("Observe" for example, when someone left channel and started new public game)
6) Be able to join game after it started, or this might be a feature to prevent cheating - see the real content with a slight 2 min delay
7) Statistics in UI (sc2 ranks stats for my profile, for our teams, its just numbers)
8) An option to show/hide my win/loss ratio to myself/others
9) Clan support
10) E-sports support, why I cannot see replays from games (perhaps with audio) and I have to see a stream? Why is there no stream directly in game UI when this event has Blizzard as a sponsor/partner?
11) Map market
11a) Model market, why you do not make some new models (e.g. CE Thor) of units paid for Blizzbucks?
12) Simplify it, I am just too lazy to click same sequence of tabs/buttons/scroll/rightclicks over and over
13) Screw realms, make it global as it used to be
14) Charts, more charts in game for casters, and more charts in BN UI to analyze. What about chart for income, for unit loss etc.

I mean, game itself is perfect, but whoever made current Battle.NET UI 2.0 just failed. It sucks. It definitely sucks.

Blizzard should be leader in game industry, so far I see that people are complaining. Other companies do a lot - a lot more, to make their games user friendly. It's sad. Oh and BTW So far it seems that D3 socializing will have same "empty" syndrom as SC2 has.


blizzard should hire this guy


Thing is, this isn't exactly uncommon knowledge and has been discussed since forever. What we need though is a guy just like OP who can present the changes and the solutions that needs to be made in a clear and easily understandable fashion to get the word more out there.

And if Blizzard hired this guy, I would be extremely excited for the future.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
3DGlaDOS
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany607 Posts
March 15 2012 22:39 GMT
#100
really nice!
Hello Sir, do you have a minute for atheism?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 32
Sharp 31
Yoon 25
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto99
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g8089
ceh9649
Happy365
crisheroes212
Sick192
dupreeh71
Pyrionflax67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast10
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1031
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 13m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.