• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:59
CEST 19:59
KST 02:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9696 users

Proposed Design Changes To StarCraft 2's UI - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Art_of_Kill
Profile Joined September 2003
Zaire1232 Posts
March 16 2012 12:45 GMT
#261
On March 16 2012 06:24 Ashur wrote:
I do not like those changes but icons in replays. Suggestions are useless for daily purpose. I mean, StarCraft II Bnet UI needs to be changed completely, not just to move this and that and add minor feature. Those requirements are in several threads already

1) Shared replays
1a) Serverside saved replays (anyone can just view my public replays, till I click just played game as "do not publish")
2) Be able to move to the middle or end of the replay immediately
3) Public chat channels
4) Chat commands (/whisper, /ignore, /join, /creategame) we are not xbox dumbasses to click 3 times to whisper, right?
5) Be able to join game from chat via clicking a button ("Observe" for example, when someone left channel and started new public game)
6) Be able to join game after it started, or this might be a feature to prevent cheating - see the real content with a slight 2 min delay
7) Statistics in UI (sc2 ranks stats for my profile, for our teams, its just numbers)
8) An option to show/hide my win/loss ratio to myself/others
9) Clan support
10) E-sports support, why I cannot see replays from games (perhaps with audio) and I have to see a stream? Why is there no stream directly in game UI when this event has Blizzard as a sponsor/partner?
11) Map market
11a) Model market, why you do not make some new models (e.g. CE Thor) of units paid for Blizzbucks?
12) Simplify it, I am just too lazy to click same sequence of tabs/buttons/scroll/rightclicks over and over
13) Screw realms, make it global as it used to be
14) Charts, more charts in game for casters, and more charts in BN UI to analyze. What about chart for income, for unit loss etc.

I mean, game itself is perfect, but whoever made current Battle.NET UI 2.0 just failed. It sucks. It definitely sucks.

Blizzard should be leader in game industry, so far I see that people are complaining. Other companies do a lot - a lot more, to make their games user friendly. It's sad. Oh and BTW So far it seems that D3 socializing will have same "empty" syndrom as SC2 has.

way more important improvement then the op suggested
TLT07 ===> *winner* <===TLT08
CyDe
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1010 Posts
March 16 2012 12:47 GMT
#262
I like many of the changes, at least for a start. I don't think that if you were hired you would immediately be put and charge and able to just implement all this, but still it is a good start.

One little stat that I think would be fun to see is total actions in a game. Imagine one of those 40 minute pro games... a quadrillion actions XD
youtube.com/GamingCyDe-- My totally abandoned youtube channel that I might revisit at some point
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
March 16 2012 12:56 GMT
#263
On March 16 2012 21:42 Mesha wrote:
Blizzard would implement this and many more but the technology simply isn't there yet.
These ideas are ok but i don't think that Blizzard's develepers are lacking ideas, i think they haven't put in resources and efforts to upgrade their shitty UI. This next patch could be something that changes that.

The technology isn't there to launch a replay from the score screen? To add tabs to replays?

You make it sound like Blizzard is attempting to design a quantum computer.
quaffle
Profile Joined December 2010
United States249 Posts
March 16 2012 12:58 GMT
#264
yes!!! PLEASE wp.
Your success is only measured by the strength of your competitors.
Xaoz
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany146 Posts
March 16 2012 13:06 GMT
#265
These changes would be awesome. Really awesome and would make Battle Net so much more comfortable and easy.
But there is so much more that could be done better with this UI!
I really really hope Blizzard will focus on this and put a lot of effort into it. The UI is still on a very low level for a game of this quality. Even if Blizz had to hire some more people to do it. This should be really high on the priority list!
Gj op.
Joseph123
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria1144 Posts
March 16 2012 13:08 GMT
#266
Well, OP covered like 10% of the things that HAVE TO BE CHANGED. Is it better than battle.net at the moment? Yes. Does it cover all areas that cry for improvement? No.
ElPeque.fogata
Profile Joined May 2010
Uruguay462 Posts
March 16 2012 13:14 GMT
#267
oh please oh please oh please.
GribStream.com - Historical Weather Forecast API - https://gribstream.com/
Bigpet
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany533 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 14:55:23
March 16 2012 13:55 GMT
#268
On March 16 2012 21:56 paralleluniverse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 21:42 Mesha wrote:
Blizzard would implement this and many more but the technology simply isn't there yet.
These ideas are ok but i don't think that Blizzard's develepers are lacking ideas, i think they haven't put in resources and efforts to upgrade their shitty UI. This next patch could be something that changes that.

The technology isn't there to launch a replay from the score screen? To add tabs to replays?

You make it sound like Blizzard is attempting to design a quantum computer.


It was sarcasm. The phrase "the technology isn't there yet" was used by Blizzard as a comment regarding shared viewing of replays if I recall correctly (something BW had mind you). Might have been something else regarding replays though.

my bad it was actually something TB said sarcastically: reddit

edit2: which was a quote from Frank Pearce regarding cross-region play (basically saying the ping is too high)
You know, it depends on the technology infrastructure provided by the telecommunications providers. It's something that we'll be constantly evaluating and looking at. In an ideal world, the Blizzard gaming community would be unified in one global region, but the technology's just not there yet. Ten years ago, we weren't making 3D games. Hopefully, in the same way that we're making 3D games today and we weren't ten years ago, down the road the connectivity in terms of the internet will be such that we can bring everyone together in a unified community, but it's just not possible right now. That's the ideal world.

TL Thread containing the quote
I'm NOT the caster with a similar nick
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 16 2012 15:07 GMT
#269
I just wanted to say thanks for all the comments: both positive and negative. I am still catching up on all of them, but I assure you: I am reading every one. Thanks so very much for all the views, and for all of the support!
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
March 16 2012 16:08 GMT
#270
On March 16 2012 21:16 Rannasha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 19:47 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
I don't understand what you're getting at, don't take this wrong I could be incorrect, but he stated it took him 5 days to implement these changes on his own computer (so through his own file of SC2) into a working model. The actual transfer of data/programming required (I am a graduate of Computer Sciences are UNB, with a degree in this field and working for RIM) would not take an even half ass UI team (which I hope Blizzard intends on finding) more than 1-2 weeks to create and implement efficently without any mistakes. The more skilled the team, the less time it would take. His changes were not COMPLETELY reworking the system, it was just modding the workings. The only real additions of difficulty would be the programming of getting the Replay organizer/tag system implemented because that is "new" in regards to the system.


I think you're underestimating the complexity of the proposed changes somewhat. Especially the linking of replay-database to match history is far from trivial. Currently, the replay-browser is nothing more than a very basic file browser inside the SC2 client. All the replay files are directly accessible outside SC2 as well. The match history on the other side is a server-side system, which allows players to view the match history of others. Linking these two will require some major reworking of these systems.


If you read what I said, "the real additions of difficulty would be the programming of getting the replay organizer/tag system implemented" The match history> replay is under that category. You'd be hard pressed to find a UI team that can't solve that problem in two weeks.
FoTG fighting!
clwzim
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil65 Posts
March 16 2012 16:28 GMT
#271
u need to work for blizzard dude
ExodusHydrA
Profile Joined September 2011
58 Posts
March 16 2012 16:35 GMT
#272
Blizzard, hire this man!

Seriously, I'm in love with the idea of a 'Load replay' and "previous item' button!
RageCommodore
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany912 Posts
March 16 2012 16:38 GMT
#273
Blizzard should hire this guy. All the changes he promoted made total sense.
BW: sGs.sTaRfaLL SC2: MarojiN | fan of: Darkforce, DBS, Last, Mvp, BoguS/InnoVatioN | Executer vs Choosy on Gladiator - Never forget T-T
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 16 2012 16:39 GMT
#274
On March 16 2012 08:56 laLAlA[uC] wrote:
holy fuck. my application looks like dirt compared to this.


lol So you are the competition huh? Best of luck to you. I am just glad to see other StarCraft 2 fans trying to get involved with the game's development.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 16 2012 16:41 GMT
#275
On March 17 2012 01:38 RageCommodore wrote:
Blizzard should hire this guy. All the changes he promoted made total sense.


He probably will be considering how much props the community has given him.
Life's good :D
StreaK
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada580 Posts
March 16 2012 16:46 GMT
#276
omg that is awesome i hope you get the job man this is awesome. :D
1a2a3a
ffdestiny
Profile Joined September 2010
United States773 Posts
March 16 2012 16:47 GMT
#277


... You wouldn't happen to work for Blizzards UI team would you?



Since you never addressed any of the realistic business-side issues that actually being employed at such a huge company as Blizzard (or any company) deems as necessary, and you never answered any of my reasons for the critique through picking careers (as in, this is an employment application) through such an important, and in-depth project I don't really know what to say to you, other than your attack is largely ad hominen, emotional and dismisses the fact that the original video is grossly detracted from the actual job that he desires. Furthermore, since he's calling for employment, it's different. If this were a simple "hey look what SC II can be" then, like I said, I would agree with it more. As of right now, there's no reason to curtail those emotions and ignore the fallacies that exist in his logic--also, why are you speaking for him in such a manner, anyway? I'm sure he can respond if he wishes, and taking up a random, anonymous white-knight for your defense is all-together, I don't know, baseless?
HyunA
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania362 Posts
March 16 2012 16:49 GMT
#278
On March 16 2012 21:45 Art_of_Kill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 06:24 Ashur wrote:
I do not like those changes but icons in replays. Suggestions are useless for daily purpose. I mean, StarCraft II Bnet UI needs to be changed completely, not just to move this and that and add minor feature. Those requirements are in several threads already

1) Shared replays
1a) Serverside saved replays (anyone can just view my public replays, till I click just played game as "do not publish")
2) Be able to move to the middle or end of the replay immediately
3) Public chat channels
4) Chat commands (/whisper, /ignore, /join, /creategame) we are not xbox dumbasses to click 3 times to whisper, right?
5) Be able to join game from chat via clicking a button ("Observe" for example, when someone left channel and started new public game)
6) Be able to join game after it started, or this might be a feature to prevent cheating - see the real content with a slight 2 min delay
7) Statistics in UI (sc2 ranks stats for my profile, for our teams, its just numbers)
8) An option to show/hide my win/loss ratio to myself/others
9) Clan support
10) E-sports support, why I cannot see replays from games (perhaps with audio) and I have to see a stream? Why is there no stream directly in game UI when this event has Blizzard as a sponsor/partner?
11) Map market
11a) Model market, why you do not make some new models (e.g. CE Thor) of units paid for Blizzbucks?
12) Simplify it, I am just too lazy to click same sequence of tabs/buttons/scroll/rightclicks over and over
13) Screw realms, make it global as it used to be
14) Charts, more charts in game for casters, and more charts in BN UI to analyze. What about chart for income, for unit loss etc.

I mean, game itself is perfect, but whoever made current Battle.NET UI 2.0 just failed. It sucks. It definitely sucks.

Blizzard should be leader in game industry, so far I see that people are complaining. Other companies do a lot - a lot more, to make their games user friendly. It's sad. Oh and BTW So far it seems that D3 socializing will have same "empty" syndrom as SC2 has.

way more important improvement then the op suggested

+1 to what ashur wrote.
too bad this is just a dream and blizzard will never improve their sucky bnet 0.2 interface as it seems
/sigh
YouMake
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States262 Posts
March 16 2012 16:51 GMT
#279
I want ALL of this, that was truly amazing. My god if this guy isn't hired I'm going to boycott all of Blizzard products. Cuz that is alot of useful shit gimmie gimmie
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but all out of bubble gum! - Duke Nukem!
Jarree
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland1004 Posts
March 16 2012 16:58 GMT
#280
On March 16 2012 06:14 Legion710 wrote:
Obviously, they need to hire this guy, but it's not like there weren't a million other persons that would've done it for them before...

THIS. Also the reason why they will not hire him and make those improvements. Those guys currently on the job dont want to.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 338
ProTech142
UpATreeSC 122
BRAT_OK 72
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2354
Bisu 2146
Soulkey 983
EffOrt 516
Larva 404
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 198
ZerO 150
hero 104
Mind 74
[ Show more ]
sorry 62
Sharp 56
Shinee 55
Barracks 42
Bale 25
Trap 24
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1509
420jenkins384
XaKoH 348
League of Legends
Reynor69
Counter-Strike
fl0m4137
Fnx 652
pashabiceps519
x6flipin346
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu498
Other Games
Grubby3165
Liquid`RaSZi1614
FrodaN747
Livibee168
C9.Mang0127
TKL 117
QueenE95
RotterdaM64
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2804
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur738
• imaqtpie571
• WagamamaTV453
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 1m
Patches Events
22h 1m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.