• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:46
CEST 00:46
KST 07:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9502 users

Proposed Design Changes To StarCraft 2's UI - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
March 15 2012 22:01 GMT
#61
Use this video to get hired, then make a promise to fix the actual issues with the UI, i.e. stuff said by Ashur on the previous page.

Quality edits though, really well made.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Intricate
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada127 Posts
March 15 2012 22:01 GMT
#62
Awesome job! I also posted on the Blizzard forums and liked it =D
"We all live inside of NesTea's dream" - Artosis
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 15 2012 22:02 GMT
#63
On March 16 2012 06:56 ReseT wrote:
How about we can watch replays together like the old days, =( This would make practicing so much easier... and analyzing


Yeah, I want that too. You would think it would be possible, even if just as an observer. I thought about adding that, but all the changes I suggested seemed feasible and relatively easy to implement... and with that one I did not know what changes would have to be made to the engine to make that happen. So it, like a lot of other ideas, was left on the cutting room floor unfortunately.

Here is another one that I left out: How about being able to enable all talk when creating a custom game? It is really annoying when you want to train with someone and talk while you are doing it. You always have to use a third party program for it. It should be a drop down box like locked alliances.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
alteredsego
Profile Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
March 15 2012 22:02 GMT
#64
On March 16 2012 07:01 Intricate wrote:
Awesome job! I also posted on the Blizzard forums and liked it =D


Thank you very very much. The assistance is greatly appreciated.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (Alternately Cereal Killer from Hackers)
HolyExlxF
Profile Joined March 2011
United States256 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 22:04:32
March 15 2012 22:03 GMT
#65
Hashes could worked too. If you assign every game a hash on the server and assign every replay a hash on the local computer, it could cross-link on login (or look for new or missing files periodically.)
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Ero-Sennin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States756 Posts
March 15 2012 22:07 GMT
#66
Awesome, and of course as others have said, I'd still much prefer to be able to watch replays with someone, but your way is a nice step up.

It'd be nice if this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308482 could also be integrated, specifically the chat channels
Luck makes talent look like genius.
theBlues
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
El Salvador638 Posts
March 15 2012 22:09 GMT
#67
please spotlight this, Blizzard seems pretty lost lately on the interface dilemma...
Change a vote, and change the world
Mordlikeafox
Profile Joined September 2010
Ireland43 Posts
March 15 2012 22:09 GMT
#68
no words.... should have sent a poet
I rock like a big stone
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
March 15 2012 22:11 GMT
#69
anything is better than what blizzard has given us, plug sc2 into sc1 battlenet and that would solve all the problems.
FlashDave.999 aka Star
Steelavocado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2123 Posts
March 15 2012 22:11 GMT
#70
Wow the changes look great. Good luck!
MIRACLE IS YOUR TI7 CHAMP
Hargol
Profile Joined April 2011
United States52 Posts
March 15 2012 22:11 GMT
#71
I'll be amazed if you don't get hired. Amazing features!
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
March 15 2012 22:13 GMT
#72
Whilst the current suggestions are really good I think, they seem to fail to impress some people. What they need to realize however, that even if these suggestions never get mentioned again, it shows this man knows what he's talking about and actually uses his brain to create an efficient and smart AI.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
HyunA
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania362 Posts
March 15 2012 22:14 GMT
#73
the community should do an effort and make blizzard implement the ideas of this guy. it's simply brilliant and not that hard to make i guess.

GOGO ANDREW !!

p.s.: blizzard please, at least for once, get your head out your ass and do something useful.
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 22:18:51
March 15 2012 22:15 GMT
#74
Really good ideas in this video. I can see so many things that you can do to the Battlenet 2.0 UI...I wonder, if one man can do this, how hard is it for the Blizzard Battle.net 2.0 team to start on projects like these? Get with the program Blizzard...

On March 16 2012 07:07 Ero-Sennin wrote:
Awesome, and of course as others have said, I'd still much prefer to be able to watch replays with someone, but your way is a nice step up.

It'd be nice if this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308482 could also be integrated, specifically the chat channels


I think he set it up that way, so that it'd involve less change to the original Battlenet UI. Too much change might irk Blizzard in the wrong way.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
KenZo-
Profile Joined December 2010
Faroe Islands190 Posts
March 15 2012 22:15 GMT
#75
This is amazing!!!! Blizzard, listen to this guy!
Decadent
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden29 Posts
March 15 2012 22:16 GMT
#76
Altereds "God of unpolished interfaces" Ego.

Great ideas! Good luck with the job!
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
March 15 2012 22:21 GMT
#77
"Finding areas to improve on was a VERY difficult process."

I feel like you are sucking up that's not a bad thing though. Probably not a good idea to tell blizzard how awful their UI is in your application video.

That being said, I think you made a lot of good improvements, and I'd love to see someone with a lot of good ideas like you get the job.
SkaPunk
Profile Joined October 2010
United States471 Posts
March 15 2012 22:21 GMT
#78
Youre the man
Team Fallacy
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
March 15 2012 22:22 GMT
#79
Loved the suckup at 6:30 I'd actually say the interface is pretty damn bad, I mean your solutions are sooo simple, yet would be such an incredibly awesome improvement. Gl, hope you get it
Korste
Profile Joined August 2011
United States64 Posts
March 15 2012 22:24 GMT
#80
hire this man
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 180
Nina 128
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 492
910 59
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm39
League of Legends
Doublelift1568
Super Smash Bros
PPMD59
Other Games
summit1g9451
Grubby2863
shahzam621
C9.Mang0251
PiGStarcraft215
Maynarde78
Liquid`Ken14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 41
• davetesta5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21510
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur277
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
14m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.