• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:42
CEST 07:42
KST 14:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7553 users

[M] (2) Snow Day!

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-27 01:54:55
December 25 2010 13:58 GMT
#1
Merry Christmas!

To mod: please delete/lock this thread. Thanks!

Snow Day 1.1

[image loading]


Snow Day is now on B.net! Search "Snow Day" to play!

Change Log
v1.1
-Removed the bottom nine mineral expansion and the top two expansions.
-There is a now a nine mineral expansion where the top two expansions use to be.
-The fourths' mineral lines can now be cliffed.
-XWT now gives sight to the nine mineral expansion and the high yield expansion.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
December 25 2010 14:02 GMT
#2
I think you could be a little more creative with the third, and it might lead to cooler games if you made the high yield a little bigger and made the ramps leading up to it larger.

Looks really good though, especially the size, although Zerg might be pretty imba on it. Kind of reminds me of Ride of the Valkyries lol
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-25 14:06:39
December 25 2010 14:03 GMT
#3
It's a tragedy that your maps are/will only released on the US server. :<

@Subtil: I think terran and protoss can easily take 3 bases and cut the map in half.

I wonder when you produce maps without backdoor or stronger backdoors.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 17:47:52
December 25 2010 14:28 GMT
#4
On December 25 2010 23:03 Miragee wrote:
It's a tragedy that your maps are/will only released on the US server. :<

@Subtil: I think terran and protoss can easily take 3 bases and cut the map in half.

I wonder when you produce maps without backdoor or stronger backdoors.


This one's not even released, Blizzard won't let me publish it. It's probably because it's a snow title set, which they were probably saving for HotS or something.

EDIT: It's published now.

The map is very much designed with Ride of Valkyries in mind, and I knew ahead of time that Zerg did really well on it. To counter this, I made some ramps smaller than usual to help make up for it. The backdoor (front door?) gives the attacker a quicker route, but if the other player has his third up, he can guard the front of the ramp and the choke to the natural quite well. I would ask for feedback, but I can't publish this, so right no my Christmas is a little bit meh...
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 25 2010 19:43 GMT
#5
What's the message given as reason for upload fail?
Maybe there's a glitch other than textures? You can still publish this chilly treat yet... don't give up.. Is it a custom texture, cause I've not really toyed with that yet (others have already, don't really know who to direct you to off the top of my leaking melon) but I've switched the textures inside out and although it glitches sometimes (the different textures appear on the map but not all appear on the minimap), I've managed to publish them. Ask around cause it'd be a shame to not make this popsicle available (although it's a bit too "monochromatic" for my taste).
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
December 25 2010 20:03 GMT
#6
Thanks for the map, Merry Christmas! We can enjoy the pretty picture at least
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 25 2010 20:45 GMT
#7
What's the message given as reason for upload fail?
Maybe there's a glitch other than textures? You can still publish this chilly treat yet... don't give up.. Is it a custom texture, cause I've not really toyed with that yet (others have already, don't really know who to direct you to off the top of my leaking melon) but I've switched the textures inside out and although it glitches sometimes (the different textures appear on the map but not all appear on the minimap), I've managed to publish them. Ask around cause it'd be a shame to not make this popsicle available (although it's a bit too "monochromatic" for my taste).


The error was that the name "Just Another SCII Map" or whatever wasn't available. The map name was actually "Snow Day", but for some reason, the editor didn't recognize it or something. I tried changing the name then changing it back. I've even tried saving it as a new map, but it didn't work. Also, when I went to switch the textures (to see if that was the problem) for options the only title set I could change it to was itself. I'll try to find a way around this, but if I don't, be sure to check for a non-winter version sometime soon.

Thanks for the map, Merry Christmas! We can enjoy the pretty picture at least


That's the Christmas spirit!
xciLe
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway213 Posts
December 26 2010 00:13 GMT
#8
why arent these on the europe servers i would so love to play them, all looks realy cool. but damn you battle.net
Protoss OP
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 26 2010 00:36 GMT
#9
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 26 2010 05:45 Antares777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
What's the message given as reason for upload fail?
Maybe there's a glitch other than textures? You can still publish this chilly treat yet... don't give up.. Is it a custom texture, cause I've not really toyed with that yet (others have already, don't really know who to direct you to off the top of my leaking melon) but I've switched the textures inside out and although it glitches sometimes (the different textures appear on the map but not all appear on the minimap), I've managed to publish them. Ask around cause it'd be a shame to not make this popsicle available (although it's a bit too "monochromatic" for my taste).


The error was that the name "Just Another SCII Map" or whatever wasn't available. The map name was actually "Snow Day", but for some reason, the editor didn't recognize it or something. I tried changing the name then changing it back. I've even tried saving it as a new map, but it didn't work. Also, when I went to switch the textures (to see if that was the problem) for options the only title set I could change it to was itself. I'll try to find a way around this, but if I don't, be sure to check for a non-winter version sometime soon.

Show nested quote +
Thanks for the map, Merry Christmas! We can enjoy the pretty picture at least


That's the Christmas spirit!



have you clicked the "use for all locals"
[image loading]

as for the textures, welcome to my world... you gotta paste a bit of each textures on your map or something similar...
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 26 2010 01:18 GMT
#10
The error was that the name "Just Another SCII Map" or whatever wasn't available. The map name was actually "Snow Day", but for some reason, the editor didn't recognize it or something. I tried changing the name then changing it back. I've even tried saving it as a new map, but it didn't work. Also, when I went to switch the textures (to see if that was the problem) for options the only title set I could change it to was itself. I'll try to find a way around this, but if I don't, be sure to check for a non-winter version sometime soon.


I've been having problems too! No matter what name I choose it won't let me publish. One time I got it published ( on the same day ) but then when I tried to update it, it said the name wasn't available! Like wtf? haha


Anyways nice looking map, and I like the texture I might play on this sometime.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 01:43:20
December 26 2010 01:37 GMT
#11
On December 26 2010 09:36 baskerville wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 26 2010 05:45 Antares777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
What's the message given as reason for upload fail?
Maybe there's a glitch other than textures? You can still publish this chilly treat yet... don't give up.. Is it a custom texture, cause I've not really toyed with that yet (others have already, don't really know who to direct you to off the top of my leaking melon) but I've switched the textures inside out and although it glitches sometimes (the different textures appear on the map but not all appear on the minimap), I've managed to publish them. Ask around cause it'd be a shame to not make this popsicle available (although it's a bit too "monochromatic" for my taste).


The error was that the name "Just Another SCII Map" or whatever wasn't available. The map name was actually "Snow Day", but for some reason, the editor didn't recognize it or something. I tried changing the name then changing it back. I've even tried saving it as a new map, but it didn't work. Also, when I went to switch the textures (to see if that was the problem) for options the only title set I could change it to was itself. I'll try to find a way around this, but if I don't, be sure to check for a non-winter version sometime soon.

Show nested quote +
Thanks for the map, Merry Christmas! We can enjoy the pretty picture at least


That's the Christmas spirit!



have you clicked the "use for all locals"
[image loading]

as for the textures, welcome to my world... you gotta paste a bit of each textures on your map or something similar...



I don't know. I'll try that right now.

EDIT: Snow Day is now on B.net! Search "Snow Day" to play!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 01:48:29
December 26 2010 01:48 GMT
#12
Do you think you could upload the map somewhere so that I or someone else could publish it on EU b.net?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 26 2010 02:03 GMT
#13
On December 26 2010 10:48 Shikyo wrote:
Do you think you could upload the map somewhere so that I or someone else could publish it on EU b.net?


I'll work on getting contacts across the servers soon, as it is becoming increasingly needed for me. Be patient, and my maps will make it to EU eventually
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
December 26 2010 02:50 GMT
#14
On December 26 2010 11:03 Antares777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2010 10:48 Shikyo wrote:
Do you think you could upload the map somewhere so that I or someone else could publish it on EU b.net?


I'll work on getting contacts across the servers soon, as it is becoming increasingly needed for me. Be patient, and my maps will make it to EU eventually


I can upload them on EU.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
DomiNater
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States527 Posts
December 26 2010 04:39 GMT
#15
Anybody down to play this map add me:

TheNater.986
After I captured the elephant in the room, swept her under the rug for the hell of it... I welcome you to the melting through, of a planet that was selfish in its development of a healthy view.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 26 2010 04:48 GMT
#16
On December 26 2010 13:39 DomiNater wrote:
Anybody down to play this map add me:

TheNater.986


Yay, a tester! I'll be on in 5 minutes.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 27 2010 01:56 GMT
#17
Version 1.1 is now released. Search "Snow Day" to play!

Changes:
-Removed the bottom nine mineral expansion and the top two expansions.
-There is a now a nine mineral expansion where the top two expansions use to be.
-The fourths' mineral lines can now be cliffed.
-XWT now gives sight to the nine mineral expansion and the high yield expansion.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 27 2010 06:53 GMT
#18
Wow, I already see an asymmetrical part of the map, expect that to be fixed at any other time than 2:00 in the morning. I'm going to bed soon lol.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2010
Shuttle 934
Dewaltoss 86
Yoon 57
Hm[arnc] 46
Bale 26
Noble 25
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1140
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor698
Other Games
summit1g8324
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft280
Mew2King156
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS43
trigger2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 24
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2312
League of Legends
• Rush1147
• Lourlo1099
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 18m
OSC
16h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.