• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:50
CEST 05:50
KST 12:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9312 users

Zerg FPVODs + discussion

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 06:34:52
September 27 2010 01:40 GMT
#1
UPDATE!!:
Due to popular demand, tomorrow I will be releasing some strategic commentary VODs instead of FPVODs. I'll still do some FPVOD stuff though, and feel out what people like better to learn from. Also, I will release a replay pack when I get some time to play a bunch of games.

As I was coming up in SC1, I found First Person VODs to be a great resource for getting better. I'm going to go ahead and 1-up that, by posting FPVODs and also answering as many questions people have concerning my play as I can.

I'll update them in batches as I have time if people like the idea/thread.

Warning!: the first batch (and probably the second as well when I do that) won't be the absolute highest quality games you could hope for. My internet has been gross and I have about 30 disconnects from this weekend, thus wrecking my ladder standing. Infact, I think 2 of the games posted end in disconnects lol. This combined with being a bit rusty (been concentrating solely on commentating recently) makes it not the best or proudest games I've ever played.

without further adieu:

BATCH 3

ZvP @ Blistering Sands


ZvP @ Blistering Sands


ZvP @ Delta Quadrant


BATCH 2
+ Show Spoiler +

ZvT @ Blistering Sands


ZvZ @ Blistering Sands


ZvZ @ Blistering Sands



BATCH 1
+ Show Spoiler +

ZvP @ Xel Naga Caverns


ZvP @ Xel Naga Caverns


ZvZ @ Blistering Sands


ZvP @ Lost Temple



EnjoY~
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
KrissirK
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States63 Posts
September 27 2010 01:42 GMT
#2
Nice nice.
Gdarkness
Profile Joined November 2009
United States40 Posts
September 27 2010 01:46 GMT
#3
Man, Artosis is a true hero of the zerg swarm. Love me some FPVoDS.

"You joking me Artosis? Kid, you playin?"
be internet.
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 01:49:28
September 27 2010 01:47 GMT
#4
Thank you so much man, really appreciate these.
Cryosin
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States182 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 02:05:38
September 27 2010 01:48 GMT
#5
Nice vid's gave me some good ideas for Zerg.

I dont mean to derail this thread into a "buff Zerg" thread, but if Zerg wasnt so UP you wouldve won that first game(where you dc'ed) with just the first push. He didnt micro his stalkers at all and you had WAY more units. You outplayed that guy hardcore but he still mightve won with his death push even if you didnt DC.

I loved the game on Lost Temple where you sent your entire army to hold off his army while you made a gazillion mutas. That was awesome.

Also, the Zerg chick sounds awesome in Korean lol.


Rokk
Profile Joined March 2010
United States425 Posts
September 27 2010 01:51 GMT
#6
I haven't watched yet, but this is fucking awesome. Thanks for doing this.
Rahlekk
Profile Joined September 2010
United States107 Posts
September 27 2010 02:00 GMT
#7
This is awesome, thanks a bunch. (Side note: I will never get why people mass click when it seems just one would suffice.)
viel gluck TLO ^^ | 행운을 빌어요 BoxeR
beamlite
Profile Joined September 2010
118 Posts
September 27 2010 02:05 GMT
#8
What happened at the end of the first vid?
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
September 27 2010 02:22 GMT
#9
Rahlekk mass clicking does several things one of which is keep your apm high. Why is this important? While the exact reasons are heavily debated if nothing it makes sure you are always doing something. Whether its attacking. Moving out. Expanding. Or macroing units.
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
September 27 2010 02:26 GMT
#10
Thank you for some much required zerg love =)
Try another route paperboy.
Rahlekk
Profile Joined September 2010
United States107 Posts
September 27 2010 02:35 GMT
#11
On September 27 2010 11:22 Kazeyonoma wrote:
Rahlekk mass clicking does several things one of which is keep your apm high. Why is this important? While the exact reasons are heavily debated if nothing it makes sure you are always doing something. Whether its attacking. Moving out. Expanding. Or macroing units.


Yeah, I understand that. And I suppose high level players are so used to high APM after the first five minutes that the early game must me extremely boring, thus the mass clicking everywhere... It's hard to keep your 100+ APM average when you only can move an Overlord and a Drone, huh?
viel gluck TLO ^^ | 행운을 빌어요 BoxeR
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
September 27 2010 02:47 GMT
#12
On September 27 2010 11:00 Rahlekk wrote:
This is awesome, thanks a bunch. (Side note: I will never get why people mass click when it seems just one would suffice.)


There are a lot of reasons, but keeping your speed up is the most important. An absolute must for top players.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Rahlekk
Profile Joined September 2010
United States107 Posts
September 27 2010 02:48 GMT
#13
Yeah, that's what I figured. So, I figure I'll do that as well, just to make sure I continue to keep my speed up at all times.

Thanks for the feedback, Artosis, keep up the great casts, podcasts, and etc.!
viel gluck TLO ^^ | 행운을 빌어요 BoxeR
Camlito
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Australia4040 Posts
September 27 2010 02:50 GMT
#14
FPVods are my favourite things to learn from in SC, and SC2, and replay FPVods just dont cut it for me . Thanks Artosis!
sAviOr...
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
September 27 2010 02:58 GMT
#15
Oh man, the Ultralisk woulda done way better at 15:30 pre-nerf 1.1. Imagine the colossus dead in one less hit and half the stalkers dead from the aoe. Could have cleaned that up easy.
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
GeMan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States32 Posts
September 27 2010 03:04 GMT
#16
I love ya Artosis and love watching you play and watching your replays. But man I am spoiled by 720p vods. These low quality ones are hard to watch sometimes.

@Kazeyonoma
Generally pros say it gets the warmed up and ready for the intense macro later in the game.
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
September 27 2010 03:05 GMT
#17
Thanks Artosis
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Krayze
Profile Joined May 2009
United States213 Posts
September 27 2010 03:12 GMT
#18
No Game-clock?? L2p!! lol jk S2.

In the first game, you saw the collosi and used roach/hydra to kill them. Was holding off the collosi until you got ultras your game plan the whole time? If you skip the spire stage, is it a good idea to sort of sacrafice your early army to keep his collosi numbers down?

In the second game, you defended with mass speedlings. I've read some strats (originated from Dimaga?) that you expand, drone til about 32, then mass lings, sometimes with +1 melee. Does this work well against Protoss?

One last general question, when do you get your gas at your expansions. It seems that you only get them when your fully saturated on the minerals, looking for confirmation.

Thanks Mr. Artosis, great commentary on the GSL, maybe next time I go to Seoul I'll say hey
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
September 27 2010 03:18 GMT
#19
These are awesome Artosis, thanks for sharing.
Logo
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
September 27 2010 03:22 GMT
#20
THANKS SO MUCH ARTOSIS!

Exactly what I was looking for!
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft401
RuFF_SC2 242
Nina 103
-ZergGirl 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2235
Bale 18
yabsab 14
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1135
taco 374
minikerr19
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox731
Other Games
summit1g8958
JimRising 681
Day[9].tv455
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0305
Maynarde152
Sick148
Livibee144
ViBE101
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick936
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt302
Other Games
• Day9tv455
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 10m
Stellar Fest
9h 10m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.