• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9564 users

Be A Team Fan!!!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 16:52:00
November 06 2009 16:50 GMT
#1
It seems a large number of users on this forum cheer for specific players rather than specific teams. Or they cheer for a team because a specific player is on it. I think that's fine, but I implore you guys to cheer more for a team only. Its much more rewarding, fun, and less frustrating. It also makes you a "cooler" fan. Here's why:

1. Slumps occur in BW a lot. Cheering for a team lets you seamlessly transition into cheering for other players you already care about while still appreciating the old guy who is in the twilight of his career and doesn't really appear as much anymore. Its a more consistent form of caring. Otherwise, once your guy is eliminated, you have to find another guy (without a good connection to a player its hard to cheer more than superficially) or you just lose interest in progaming.

2. You know the players better on your team. You know the young players, get excited about them, and see their progress. There are so many amateurs and new guys that its hard to keep track of, but if you follow a team you just have to track the history and results of just a few guys.

3. You suddenly care about offline prelims and minor league. I followed Skyhigh and Efforts' rise from unknown to major proleague contributors. Its really fun and rewarding to see this happen, to see a kid grow and get better and start performing. Much more rewarding than becoming a fan of a player once he's already good.

4. Inter-team dynamics, coaching, and moving on. You see how the coach interacts and develops the players. You see new players and how they interact with old players. You see when a younger guy slowly surpasses the older guy. This happened several times with Savior-Effort, Iris-Skyhigh, and Much-Movie. I loved those old guys, but I knew so much about the new guys too and it was extremely exciting to see them start succeeding while the "older generation" mentored them.

5. Easier and better fan and forum interaction. What do Savior fans talk about? Maybe the one game he played the other day? But I talk to CJ fans all the time about so many things about the team, from Skyhighs loss to Ruby to Hydra slowly learning how to perform under pressure. Plus all this closer attetion-paying and better knowledge will lead to more in depth and good quality forum discussion.

6. Loyalty is rewarded. Its much more rewarding to see your team win when you suffer through bad times. This doesnt happen often with players (outside of Nada and July) because once players slump for real, they are usually never back to being "good." But teams are different -- theres always hope for next year. Look at how bad Samsung is doing and how good WeMade is now. I sincerely hope KHAN fans dont jump ship and I hope all teams get their "WeMade" moment, when it seems a team is finally putting it together. It's great.

So thats my pitch, guys. For whatever reason, pick a team, and stick by them forever.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
November 06 2009 16:54 GMT
#2
khan forevar!

(until my SamSung monitor breaks)
I am not good with quotes
StalkerSC
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada378 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 16:56:37
November 06 2009 16:56 GMT
#3
I like 4 teams..equally :C it's a pain to cheer for teams
IIf your good at Starcraft, Your good at life. - Artosis
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 06 2009 16:57 GMT
#4
Totally agree... helps devotion get past the slumps. I enjoy watching difference teams for various reasons. SKT has been pretty revolutionary of late... and CJ has been so full of win. I wouldn't say that I'm totally a one-team fan... but I definitely have favorites
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
November 06 2009 17:01 GMT
#5
MBC will win PL finals this year.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
November 06 2009 17:02 GMT
#6
meh, I don't think either one is better. The reason people often cheer for players is that they enjoy watching their games - as Starcraft is an individual eSport, it's hard to like to watch every player on the team.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Enrique
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States377 Posts
November 06 2009 17:15 GMT
#7
I'm with you, HB, I'm sticking with my team through thick and (now especially) thin. Thankfully, Seattle sports teaches us to accept the inevitable fall from grace and to do so without getting too worked up about it. Truth be told, it felt weird rooting for a winning team...

Go Khan!
~Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges~
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
November 06 2009 17:16 GMT
#8
I like Khan because of all the badass Protossers they had at one point. Don't follow progaming a lot anymore though but still they my proteam boys.
Nak Allstar.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
November 06 2009 17:18 GMT
#9
You shouldn't have to cheer for a team. You should just have more than 1 player that you like. If they all happen to be on the same team (like for me), then great.
Free Palestine
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
November 06 2009 17:19 GMT
#10
I only became interested in pro Starcraft this last July, when someone linked me to Flash vs Shuttle in GOM. I loved it and I have been a Flash fan ever since. By following Flash his results I became a fan of KT in general too. But seeing as this is my first full season as a fan I haven't seen much growth yet in any of the players so most of your points don't apply to me.

Also, I also really like some players outside of KT. I'd probably cheer for Baby and July if they were to play 815 or Firefist or a KT b-teamer.
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
November 06 2009 17:19 GMT
#11
GOGO ACE!

the only sad thing is, that daezang doesn't play for them anymore
http://twitter.com/jhNz
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
November 06 2009 17:23 GMT
#12
First I started to cheer for CJ because Effort was in it, but then I learned to love the whole team.
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
November 06 2009 17:24 GMT
#13
The optimal strategy is to be flexible and always cheer for the favorite in every game. That way you'll usually end up satisfied with the outcome. Even better, skip the live broadcasts and watch VODs. Then you can check the results beforehand and always make sure that you're cheering for the winner.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
November 06 2009 17:26 GMT
#14
Cheering for T1 makes me feel like im bandwagoning ;;
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
November 06 2009 17:27 GMT
#15
STX ftw.
TranslatorBaa!
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
November 06 2009 17:33 GMT
#16
Look at how bad Samsung is doing and how good WeMade is now. I sincerely hope KHAN fans dont jump ship and I hope all teams get their "WeMade" moment, when it seems a team is finally putting it together. It's great.


Good heavens, no. I'm sticking with KHAN to the bitter end.

I became a KHAN fan solely because of my liking of Stork, and at first I was pretty lackluster in my enthusiasm or the team; but now, I'm definitely a fan of the whole team.
And, oddly enough, this season has made me more committed to the team as a whole than ever before, rather than less... although it'll always be Stork > KHAN for me, nevertheless I'm becoming more enthusiastic about the rest of the team every day.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: Go Stork! Go KHAN!
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
November 06 2009 17:36 GMT
#17
My love for CJ Entus may have started as love for a player, but as players move from the team, slump, or retire, I find that I still love CJ just as much.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
November 06 2009 17:37 GMT
#18
meh I'm not a fan of bandwagoning onto one team tbh, I support like half the teams (SKT1, CJ, eSTRO, KT, MBC, ACE and MBC) and just hope for good games overall
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
meCh[dtr]
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada111 Posts
November 06 2009 17:37 GMT
#19
eSTRO all the way.
Tonkerchen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
680 Posts
November 06 2009 17:37 GMT
#20
CJ because of The Maestro~
and fortunately even after his reign, they still have some decent chances. EffOrt gogo!
The time is just an illusion... created by mankind... /// Lee Young Ho last Bonjwa on earth! /// «I'll... destroy everyone in 2009. Ok...? Thank you.» - Ma Jae Yoon - Maestro Of Zerg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 144
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10808
Artosis 476
Bale 11
TT1 3
League of Legends
Doublelift3904
JimRising 698
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4740
Khaldor898
Other Games
summit1g8039
shahzam527
Day[9].tv297
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King83
NeuroSwarm81
ViBE55
JuggernautJason42
PiGStarcraft15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• blackmanpl 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Scarra457
• Day9tv297
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
OSC
40m
Stellar Fest
13h 40m
OSC
22h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.