• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:32
CEST 07:32
KST 14:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8303 users

Be A Team Fan!!! - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
November 06 2009 21:51 GMT
#101
CJ had my favourite players from each race on the team last season... Kwanro, Movie and Iris

My favourites have sort of changed though now, but as a whole I still love CJ <3
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 22:00:53
November 06 2009 21:55 GMT
#102
On November 07 2009 06:01 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
I understand what you mean but it´s hard, because
1. I love oldies, all of them. Can´t unlove them.
2. Skt T1 has Bisu,Best and fantasy whose style I just don´t like and they get to play all the time
3. If I choose ACE it wont be the same team for long, otherwise I would be an avid ACE fan.

But I guess my love for e-sports can handle this even though I would like to be a fan of just one team.

Oh what the hell just f it, I guess I´ll be a wemade fan, they still got Midas and Nada right?

GO WEMADE! Is there any other wemade fans here? I think I should now go and check their roster just so I know who I can call next bonjwa

Then choose STX for July, MBC for Pusan or Wemade for Nada/Midas. Easy.
On November 07 2009 04:42 thopol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2009 04:41 chameleonia wrote:
I think its also helpful to have certain teams you root against. I always root for SKT and whoever is playing against WeMadeFox (I'm still bitter about MInd /(P)Bisu MSL, hate (P)Rock and find pure boring, and dislike all non-skt terrans). Poor (T)Midas

I always root against SKT1.

Yeah, SKT1 needs moar antifans.
And why Poor Midas? He is getting so much more play in Wemade!
In the woods, there lurks..
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
November 06 2009 21:58 GMT
#103
Don't be a fan. Be a hater.

It's so much more rewarding. Every player eventually slumps. It's just of matter of time and patience. Be a hater and you will inevitably get the last laugh. And until that happens you can always find something else to laugh at. Like their face.

Look at FBH. I hated him from the start. He was pretty solid at first but that wasn't an issue at all - I simply ignored his TvT and TvZ games but kept watching every single attempt at TvP. He also rewarded me beyond any expectation by getting eliminated over and over from every individual league.

But still, that wasn't enough. It was clear that he could still dig much, much deeper.
All I had to do was to wait.

I waited.

As of today November 6th 2009, Firebathero boasts an impressive #85 ELO rank, with a high probablility of reaching the three digits soon thanks to his reliable 37.88% PvT winrate. His other matchups have catched up as well, granting him an ongoing 4-game losing streak that will soon bring him below 50% winrate overall (he's sitting at 109W-104L at the moment). Another team might have halted the process by not sending him out anymore, but this will not happen since said team is currently ranked 12th among the 12 pro-game teams.

Let me assure you that I enjoy Starcraft immensely more than any of you ever will.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
November 06 2009 22:02 GMT
#104
On November 07 2009 06:58 Matoo- wrote:
Don't be a fan. Be a hater.

It's so much more rewarding. Every player eventually slumps. It's just of matter of time and patience. Be a hater and you will inevitably get the last laugh. And until that happens you can always find something else to laugh at. Like their face.

Look at FBH. I hated him from the start. He was pretty solid at first but that wasn't an issue at all - I simply ignored his TvT and TvZ games but kept watching every single attempt at TvP. He also rewarded me beyond any expectation by getting eliminated over and over from every individual league.

But still, that wasn't enough. It was clear that he could still dig much, much deeper.
All I had to do was to wait.

I waited.

As of today November 6th 2009, Firebathero boasts an impressive #85 ELO rank, with a high probablility of reaching the three digits soon thanks to his reliable 37.88% PvT winrate. His other matchups have catched up as well, granting him an ongoing 4-game losing streak that will soon bring him below 50% winrate overall (he's sitting at 109W-104L at the moment). Another team might have halted the process by not sending him out anymore, but this will not happen since said team is currently ranked 12th among the 12 pro-game teams.

Let me assure you that I enjoy Starcraft immensely more than any of you ever will.

I like most players who are doing well except for Effort, Stork and SKt1. I am sure to enjoy it more then you
In the woods, there lurks..
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
November 06 2009 22:09 GMT
#105
Golden State Warriors will win the championship
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 22:29:11
November 06 2009 22:28 GMT
#106
Stars fan ever since I saw their first Proleague match as the Woongjin Stars. I agree with pretty much everything Hot_Bid says. Once I started following the Stars more closely, watching SC became so much more enjoyable.

Sure I still like other players and teams (Oz and WeMade), but the Stars still hold a special place in my heart :3
On November 07 2009 07:09 JiYan wrote:
Golden State Warriors will win the championship

FUCK YEAH GO WARRIORS
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
FMGustave
Profile Joined February 2008
United States81 Posts
November 06 2009 23:00 GMT
#107
I became a fan of Hwaseung at first because of Jaedong, but now I've grown attached to the rest of the teams players. Other teams don't generate the same excitement I get from watching a Hwaseung match. It's way more enjoyable then watching any of the teams with huge fan bases (SKT, CJ).
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
November 06 2009 23:10 GMT
#108
On November 07 2009 06:58 Matoo- wrote:
Don't be a fan. Be a hater.

It's so much more rewarding. Every player eventually slumps. It's just of matter of time and patience. Be a hater and you will inevitably get the last laugh. And until that happens you can always find something else to laugh at. Like their face.

Look at FBH. I hated him from the start. He was pretty solid at first but that wasn't an issue at all - I simply ignored his TvT and TvZ games but kept watching every single attempt at TvP. He also rewarded me beyond any expectation by getting eliminated over and over from every individual league.

But still, that wasn't enough. It was clear that he could still dig much, much deeper.
All I had to do was to wait.

I waited.

As of today November 6th 2009, Firebathero boasts an impressive #85 ELO rank, with a high probablility of reaching the three digits soon thanks to his reliable 37.88% PvT winrate. His other matchups have catched up as well, granting him an ongoing 4-game losing streak that will soon bring him below 50% winrate overall (he's sitting at 109W-104L at the moment). Another team might have halted the process by not sending him out anymore, but this will not happen since said team is currently ranked 12th among the 12 pro-game teams.

Let me assure you that I enjoy Starcraft immensely more than any of you ever will.
LOLOL dude i love firebathero but this was the best post ever. worth my 500th post to quote it. marvelous work.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
November 07 2009 00:03 GMT
#109
I went with ACE for a long time - i'm not really sure why, though. ACE is by design filled with cool players and I always enjoy watching them play, but STX has always been the team that's interested me the most. The entire design of their team is just really solid, and they have easily the most badass sponsor of them all. I just like the concept of a team without a "true" ace at the top of the standings.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 07 2009 00:06 GMT
#110
SKT1 > CJ > ACE > eSTRO > Rest
POGGERS
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
November 07 2009 00:08 GMT
#111
KT FINGERBOOM !

=]
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
appe
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden149 Posts
November 07 2009 00:14 GMT
#112
Thought I was an Oz fan because of Jaedong, but I realized I don't really like anyone besides JD. Woongjin Stars ftw!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
November 07 2009 00:14 GMT
#113
to the guy who said its impossible to cheer for a team and its the individuals who make the team, if effort, skyhigh, and movie moved to different teams tomorrow, i'd still cheer CJ. i mean that 100%. i would still want them to do well, but i wouldn't follow them as closely and i would cheer for Hydra or Snow if they played against them.

if someone came up to me and was like GOOO CJ!!! EFFORT IS AWESOME!!! i'd high five him, but didn't know who Savior is, or that Much preceded Movie, or that Skyhigh's best matchup is TvT, then i wouldn't really feel much camaraderie with him.

i know SC is less of a team sport but the values of being a fan still apply. its like saying oh i'm a kobe, lebron, wade, carmelo, and dwight howard fan! and people will look at you and be like this guy has no real attachment to any of these guys. what's the point of that? oh, i'm a flash, bisu, jaedong, fantasy, and calm fan! go everyone thats good! you're allowed to appreciate players being good without being "fans" of them in the sense that you always cheer for them to do well. i like watching those guys too, but if they ever went up against a no-name CJ player, i'd root for the CJ guy all the time.

if you're going to just cheer for whoever is best in that race at that time, why not take it a step further and just cheer for the winner of each VOD, or whoever wins their games in the PL playoffs. the entire experience of a fan is to be loyal, suffer through hardship, and then feel like you are a part of a teams success because you are more invested than someone that just likes whoever wins at the moment and switches teams the instant things go bad.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
November 07 2009 00:34 GMT
#114
instead of cheering for a team. can I just bash a team?

eSTRO aint SHIT
DIE!!!
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 07 2009 00:41 GMT
#115
I was into KTF before they started to suck, then I moved to CJ and then now I'm with wemade. I think I'm going to stick it with wemade though.
Life?
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
November 07 2009 00:43 GMT
#116
I totally agree. I also think Pro league makes the most sense for a starleague because it gives more points for a company to sponsor a team. I am stuck however, because I have a favourite player in each team O_O
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
November 07 2009 01:28 GMT
#117
Teams
Like(in order): KT, MBC, STX, ACE

Indifferent(dont care): Woongjin Stars, WeMade FOX, Hwasung OZ, eSTRO

Dont like(in order): SKT T1, CJ, KHAN, hite

Players
Like:
+ Show Spoiler +
KT Rolster: 4((T)Flash, (Z)815, (Z)HoeJJa, (P)Tempest)
MBC (Z)hero: 4((T)Sea, (T)Light, (P)han, (Z)aMeBa)
hite: 4((Z)YellOw[ArnC], (Z)type-b, (Z)HoGiL, (T)go.go)
STX SouL: 3((Z)July, (P)YoonJoong, (Z)by.hero)
eSTRO: 3((T)UpMaGiC, (P)GosI[Flying], (Z)Action(neo-gnomezerg))
ACE: 2((P)Reach, (P)Anytime)
WeMade FOX: 2((T)NaDa, (P)LuCifer)
CJ: 1((T)sKyHigh)
Woongjin Stars: 1((Z)Crazy-Hydra)
Hwasung OZ: 1((T)Lomo)
Samsung KHAN : 0
SKT T1: 0((T)BoxeR, and (T)Oov if they were still playing)


Dont like:
+ Show Spoiler +
SKT T1: 3((T)fantasy, (P)BeSt, (T)Canata)
STX SouL: 3((T)Hwasin, (P)Kal, (P)SoO)
WeMade FOX: 4((P)Rock, (T)Midas, (P)Pure, (Z)RorO)
Hwasung OZ: 2((P)BackHo, (T)HiyA)
Woongjin Stars: 2((P)free[gm], (Z)Kwanro)
CJ Entus: 2((P)Much, (P)Movie)
eSTRO: 1((T)Really)
ACE: 1((T)RuBy)
KT Rolster: 1((T)fOrGG)
Samsung KHAN : 0
MBC: 0
hite: 0


Indifferent(dont care): The rest
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
November 07 2009 01:33 GMT
#118
I fully support this OP. It's so much more fun to root for an entire team of players (even in individual leagues) than it is to pick and choose individual pros.

What's frustrating to me is when people say they are a fan of a certain team, and then root against that team's players in individual leagues. Show some allegiance!
✌
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
November 07 2009 01:38 GMT
#119
Agree, in most cases. But say if Hery played vs NaDa or July in a ODT decider, no way I'd root for Hery just because he was in KTF.
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
November 07 2009 01:39 GMT
#120
Flash fan first, KT fan second.

Switched my icon to Oz for a month or so when Oz was set to fight against SKT1 to show support against my least-favorite team, but now that a new season is here it's all KT again.

But I'm a Flash fan before a KT fan. I'd rather have KT win 3-2 with Flash winning his game and the ace, than have KT win 3-0 without Flash getting to play in the 4th set.


On November 07 2009 06:58 Matoo- wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Don't be a fan. Be a hater.

It's so much more rewarding. Every player eventually slumps. It's just of matter of time and patience. Be a hater and you will inevitably get the last laugh. And until that happens you can always find something else to laugh at. Like their face.

Look at FBH. I hated him from the start. He was pretty solid at first but that wasn't an issue at all - I simply ignored his TvT and TvZ games but kept watching every single attempt at TvP. He also rewarded me beyond any expectation by getting eliminated over and over from every individual league.

But still, that wasn't enough. It was clear that he could still dig much, much deeper.
All I had to do was to wait.

I waited.

As of today November 6th 2009, Firebathero boasts an impressive #85 ELO rank, with a high probablility of reaching the three digits soon thanks to his reliable 37.88% PvT winrate. His other matchups have catched up as well, granting him an ongoing 4-game losing streak that will soon bring him below 50% winrate overall (he's sitting at 109W-104L at the moment). Another team might have halted the process by not sending him out anymore, but this will not happen since said team is currently ranked 12th among the 12 pro-game teams.

Let me assure you that I enjoy Starcraft immensely more than any of you ever will.



I have truly begun to appreciate cheering against Bisu and Fantasy whenever they play. If they win, it's no big deal because it was expected, but if they lose, I get a big banana grin, especially if it's against someone they really shouldn't lose to.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2012
Shuttle 943
Dewaltoss 85
Hm[arnc] 41
Bale 25
Noble 23
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor680
Other Games
summit1g8437
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft306
Mew2King154
RuFF_SC272
ViBE64
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2312
League of Legends
• Rush1085
• Lourlo967
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 28m
OSC
16h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.