• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:43
CEST 18:43
KST 01:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8343 users

Be A Team Fan!!! - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
November 06 2009 19:25 GMT
#61
ACE doesn't have young up and coming players

Although I do find myself following RuBy around individual leagues like a promoter lately
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Rigodon666
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada183 Posts
November 06 2009 19:27 GMT
#62
Proud fan of WeMade since the good days of Pantech!
I'll call the guy who will call Nada
HopLight
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden999 Posts
November 06 2009 19:32 GMT
#63
KT all the way! Flash got me in, the team made me stay.

And why isn't this thread frontpaged?
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
November 06 2009 19:34 GMT
#64
This is really true. I love Jaedong and Savior equally, but somehow i picked OZ as my team...
Damit im chaning to Estro, seems to have a great coach + let foreigners play with them + RET!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
November 06 2009 19:35 GMT
#65
i cheer for whoever wins. keeps me happy all the time
The artist formerly known as Starparty
Chameleon
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States604 Posts
November 06 2009 19:41 GMT
#66
I think its also helpful to have certain teams you root against. I always root for SKT and whoever is playing against WeMadeFox (I'm still bitter about MInd /(P)Bisu MSL, hate (P)Rock and find pure boring, and dislike all non-skt terrans). Poor (T)Midas
TL's #1 Horang2 fan
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
November 06 2009 19:42 GMT
#67
On November 07 2009 04:41 chameleonia wrote:
I think its also helpful to have certain teams you root against. I always root for SKT and whoever is playing against WeMadeFox (I'm still bitter about MInd /(P)Bisu MSL, hate (P)Rock and find pure boring, and dislike all non-skt terrans). Poor (T)Midas

I always root against SKT1.
ahole-surprise
Profile Joined August 2007
United States813 Posts
November 06 2009 19:43 GMT
#68
I've always been partial to STX, I like their logo and a lot of their players like Julyzerg, Hwasin, and Calm but individually I like Flash, Jaedong and Stork the most. I don't know if I'm ready to commit to STX since those players will inevitably face each other, and I have rooted for Jaedong over Hwasin in the past as well.
Pulp can move, baby!
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
November 06 2009 19:48 GMT
#69
Been a CJ fan since i started following progaming, mainly because of the Zergs (Savior and Effort). In the beginning i really liked SKT1 but that was mainly because of Boxer, so my feelings for SKT1 were never "true".
We make signature, then defense it.
Prototype
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden56 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 20:20:58
November 06 2009 19:49 GMT
#70
I don't think you (HotBid) understand why I (and likely many others) appreciate the sport that is StarCraft.

StarCraft is a single player game. For me, it isn't about cheering for any one team - and it's not about cheering for a single player. I noticed this in your other article about bandwagoning as well, but you seem to make the assumption that people only like players/teams if they produce significant results.

That is not what interest me in a player. For example, Fantasy is one of my favorite players even though he has hasn't won a league yet. I was a fan of Hyuk long before he started tearing it up. And antithetically, I became a fan of Savior long after he had fallen from grace.

Why is this? Because these people captivated me with their play styles, histories and struggles. I don't give a damn if Savior never returns to his prime, he's still an intriguing character - both as a player and as an important figure on the StarCraft scene - and is thus worthy of my attention. Similarly, Stork is such an enthralling character not because of his gold, but because of his dedication and enduring proficiency in pursuit of it. Firebathero... Don't even get me started.

Now, this thread... What's the point of it? Can't people just enjoy the experience that is StarCraft - matches, players, teams and all - in whatever way they so desire? There are many players I like, for many different reasons. Why should I dedicate myself to one single player/team, thereby putting all my pro-gamer eggs in one basket, as you say?

What makes you think you know better?
"Do we live to play, or do we play to live?"
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
November 06 2009 19:49 GMT
#71
But what, should i choose randomly 1 of 12 teams and cheer for them? I just can't force myself to like any team, when i like some players it's because i saw great games played by them, but i have no motivation to cheer for entire team cause i didn't see any kind of great performance by entire team at all. I can only judge their results which ain't enough for me to like any player/team :/
Abyzou
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden209 Posts
November 06 2009 19:50 GMT
#72
On November 07 2009 04:35 Starparty wrote:
i cheer for whoever wins. keeps me happy all the time

I cheer for whoever's losing. Keeps me sad all the time.

Seriously though, I have this innate thing that I root for the guy who's at a disadvantage, when I don't otherwise have a reason to root for one or the other.

Not sure why.
Savior and Jaedong, how come zerg progamers are so awesome?
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 19:57:43
November 06 2009 19:53 GMT
#73
On November 07 2009 04:49 Kaniol wrote:
But what, should i choose randomly 1 of 12 teams and cheer for them? I just can't force myself to like any team, when i like some players it's because i saw great games played by them, but i have no motivation to cheer for entire team cause i didn't see any kind of great performance by entire team at all. I can only judge their results which ain't enough for me to like any player/team :/
You'll end up picking something eventually. It's not a random decision, it's just something that kinda happens on its own after a while.
lone_hydra
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada1460 Posts
November 06 2009 19:59 GMT
#74
On November 07 2009 04:50 Abyzou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2009 04:35 Starparty wrote:
i cheer for whoever wins. keeps me happy all the time

I cheer for whoever's losing. Keeps me sad all the time.

Seriously though, I have this innate thing that I root for the guy who's at a disadvantage, when I don't otherwise have a reason to root for one or the other.

Not sure why.


I usually cheer for the person most likely to win unless its FBH. Then I get depressed all the time.
Fav Gamers: 2)Stork 5)Bisu
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
November 06 2009 20:02 GMT
#75
So you're a team fan. Cool.

It's not for everyone.

Not directed at the OP: I wish people would get it out of their heads that rooting in a certain way or for a certain team makes them "better" fans. There's no such thing as a "good" fan or a "bad" fan, only a fan who is or isn't annoying as hell in live report threads.
May the BeSt man win.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 06 2009 20:03 GMT
#76
Lack of OZ fans here dissapoints me

Bu I cant blame anyone, it's like rooting for a player, BUT CANT KILLER WIN SOMETHING FOR ONCE AKAOSDVJASDAF
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Undisputed-
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States379 Posts
November 06 2009 20:08 GMT
#77
Go go Samsung KHAN, hopefully they can turn their performance around I will still cheer for them anyway.
Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
November 06 2009 20:08 GMT
#78
i only have this KT logo because i made it in photoshop =[
Commentator
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
November 06 2009 20:18 GMT
#79
Starting out, my favorite player was Bisu; so of course, like a lot of others, SKT1 became my favorite team. But, after looking through the whole team, I really didn't like many of their players and found myself cheering against them when OZ made their comeback in the Proleague Finals. Looking over the teams, KT interested me because they had players I enjoyed, didn't have as many fans as SKT1 or CJ, and Flash was my second player besides Bisu. Also Firefist, Violet, Luxury, etc are awesome.

GO ROLSTER!
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
November 06 2009 20:25 GMT
#80
On November 07 2009 03:06 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2009 02:26 TheAntZ wrote:
Cheering for T1 makes me feel like im bandwagoning ;;

It's not bandwangoning if you were a fan when they sucked.

I liked hyuk all along because hes good looking :D
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1186
ComeBackTV 1091
SteadfastSC976
TaKeTV 575
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex152
EnkiAlexander 75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 976
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex 152
ProTech133
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44134
Bisu 1527
Shuttle 605
EffOrt 497
Larva 371
Mini 360
Soma 280
BeSt 242
Rush 187
ZerO 111
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 108
firebathero 85
Dewaltoss 74
Mong 66
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 30
Trap 24
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
Shine 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8315
qojqva1663
Counter-Strike
fl0m1266
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1188
Other Games
hiko1457
FrodaN1059
DeMusliM352
Livibee183
ArmadaUGS182
KnowMe136
XaKoH 106
QueenE89
Mew2King74
XBOCT74
C9.Mang070
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV264
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 32
• Hinosc 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3815
Other Games
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 17m
Online Event
18h 17m
FEL
23h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.