• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:42
CEST 18:42
KST 01:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8440 users

Be A Team Fan!!! - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Substandard
Profile Joined October 2008
Italy270 Posts
November 06 2009 18:32 GMT
#41
CJ Entus ftw

Was a big fan of the Savior, Iris, Much trio since they were my favorite players for each race. This naturally made me into a CJ fan and nowadays i'm cheering for the "new" guys Effort, Skyhigh and Movie and get all excited about their matches.

Still i'll always smile when I see one of the big old three in the lineup instead of the new guys. ( yeah i know much is in ace, i hope he comes back to cj after his service)
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
November 06 2009 18:34 GMT
#42
although i prefer KT, i am fan of FlaSh exclusively. I dont care about teams, i want my favourite player to win!
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 18:39:53
November 06 2009 18:38 GMT
#43
On November 07 2009 03:34 johanes wrote:
although i prefer KT, i am fan of FlaSh exclusively. I dont care about teams, i want my favourite player to win!


My point exactly! From the first pro-game I ever saw, I've EASILY been a KT-fan. Mostly because of Flash, but also the teams great historical list of awesome players helps a lot.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 18:42:44
November 06 2009 18:42 GMT
#44
On November 07 2009 03:07 Itachii wrote:
I had SKT icon for a while but figured out that cheering for Bisu and Boxer (yeah who doesn't cheer for him^^)doesn't necessarly make me SKT fan.
So changed to CJ,since my fantasy team is basically all CJ,and i found myself getting excited as hell during their matches.
Hydra fighting ^_^



Didn't you have a Khan badge before you went to SK too?

Someone beat me to it. D:
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
November 06 2009 18:45 GMT
#45
My favorite players are nothing compared to the favorite team. I watch all of the early STX games live and catch the others. I analyze games in wholly roundabout ways so that I pretend the STX player has the upper hand regardless of how the game is really going. I rage whenever some stupid shit (read: anything) robs them of a match.

In contrast, my favorite player is BackHo...
Spanxxx
Profile Joined February 2009
United States408 Posts
November 06 2009 18:47 GMT
#46
i love skt1 + savior. when savior and bisu play it's bittersweet. either outcome leaves me happy and sad.. i slightly favor savior, because i was happy when he beat bisu in the recent games.
If people arent trying to pull you down, you arent climbing high enough.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
November 06 2009 18:47 GMT
#47
love STX, but damn i never stop cheering for leta.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
lone_hydra
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada1460 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 18:52:14
November 06 2009 18:47 GMT
#48
Starcraft is not much of a team sport especially since 2 v 2 got taken out. The strength of teams are based on how strong individuals that play 1 on 1s are and not how much they can work together. Teams are just something for sponsors.

So cheering for a team is really hard to do as the only reason we chear for teams is because of the individuals that constanly wear the logos not because we like the team.If Jaedong wasn't on Oz would so many people like Oz? If Koby wasnt on the Lakers alot of people would still like the lakers, not as much, but still alot.

If it was a team sport, Oz wouldn't have made it Pl finals. In summary of my opinion, theres no real teams to cheer for, its just a bunch of individual players who happens to have the same sponsers who arent allowed to play each other in proleague.

Edit: some people start saying they love the team after they follow one player. Deep down, thats not true. They really just start liking the other players on the team that win or are fun to watch because they happen to observe them alot because of that one player. If Stork and FBH move to Stars tomorrow, I wouldnt give a damn about Khan.
Fav Gamers: 2)Stork 5)Bisu
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
November 06 2009 18:49 GMT
#49
I can't do that...

I love Samsung, SKT1 and KT I can't pick
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Prof. Protoss
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany744 Posts
November 06 2009 18:51 GMT
#50
I mostly agree but you can't plan becoming a fan. It just happens. In my case it always worked this way: first a fan of a player then a fan of the team he's in. Like when I was a child I liked one german soccer player. He played for 1.FC Koeln so this is my favorite team.

In SC I liked Savior, now I cheer for CJ

I always disliked ACE btw. It's a shame to see the SC heroes end as marketing marionettes for the Korean Air Force.
Don't mess the fess!
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
November 06 2009 18:52 GMT
#51
For me I only have the teams that I don't like: Stars and Oz.


At the OP CJ sucks.


Also watching the rise of Wemade sans Nada
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
November 06 2009 18:55 GMT
#52
On November 07 2009 03:47 lone_hydra wrote:
Starcraft is not much of a team sport especially since 2 v 2 got taken out. The strength of teams are based on how strong individuals that play 1 on 1s are and not how much they can work together. Teams are just something for sponsors.

That's just crazy. These guys practice with one another basically all day every day. Their styles and expertise influence one another. The team atmosphere shapes their mindset, even psychological endurance.

Also, in each match you need at least 2 players to win games. Then you might need other players to lose in mismatches to achieve your wins in the other games. Every game is played by a player who, win or lose, is contributing to his team's success in a winning match. Sure they're not working together while they're on the stage for a given game, but the overall score is the product of a team effort all the way.
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
November 06 2009 18:57 GMT
#53
Indeed, hence i said "for a while" Khan was the very first team, Stork was the player who got me into SC,and Januray the coach who amazed me with her lineup settings, so theres obviously sentiment left for them
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
November 06 2009 19:00 GMT
#54
On November 07 2009 02:33 Captain Peabody wrote:
Show nested quote +
Look at how bad Samsung is doing and how good WeMade is now. I sincerely hope KHAN fans dont jump ship and I hope all teams get their "WeMade" moment, when it seems a team is finally putting it together. It's great.


Good heavens, no. I'm sticking with KHAN to the bitter end.

I became a KHAN fan solely because of my liking of Stork, and at first I was pretty lackluster in my enthusiasm or the team; but now, I'm definitely a fan of the whole team.
And, oddly enough, this season has made me more committed to the team as a whole than ever before, rather than less... although it'll always be Stork > KHAN for me, nevertheless I'm becoming more enthusiastic about the rest of the team every day.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: Go Stork! Go KHAN!


A man after my own heart. I have the same sentiments as you. KHAN can suck ass for the next decade, I'll still cheer for them. I am of the KHAN, for the KHAN, by the KHAN, Samsung KHAN!!

But Stork comes before all else. He is the supreme commander.

To OP: Great post and I agree. It is funner to cheer for a team rather than just one guy. I definitely follow everything KHAN does, but I'm really worried about them. I think January is making a mistake trying to cultivate zerg players on the team. Big deal if this season is the Swarm's. KHAN's zergs have never really shown talent outside of Great, but even Great has always struck me as a rather gimmicky player. He's calm under pressure but his game sense and mechanics just don't strike me as ever being enough to pull into the top tier. He plays a great macro game at times, but his unit micro, general sense of what to do, etc seems really off.

I'd much rather see more Terrans being nurtured in KHAN. FBH is a serious liability nowadays and with his retinal eye tears, LASIK, getting old and never really making it anywhere in the indiv. leagues really seem to have taken a toll on him. I highly doubt FBH will last more than another year or two before retiring.

Abyzou
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden209 Posts
November 06 2009 19:03 GMT
#55
I'm sorta in-between. I mostly just look to all my favorite players. I have some teams I like though.

SKT because Boxer. It's Boxer man. Also Bisu and Fantasy, I'm a HUGE Fantasy fan.

And yeah CJ because Savior, Iris, Skyhigh, Effort... <3
Savior and Jaedong, how come zerg progamers are so awesome?
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
November 06 2009 19:05 GMT
#56
ACE forever!

I really like KT though [flash, luxury, 815/firefist/hoejja, violet/tempest/stats... I realize I don't really like most of the "lesser" players themselves, but because they are on KT.] A I also somewhat like CJ [skyhigh and iris yeahhh... too bad kwanro is gone ]
Writer
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
November 06 2009 19:08 GMT
#57
I don't know... whenever I start being a huge fan of any team, I find myself falling into patterns of thinking like "Sure, I'm a big fan of Jaedong and not so much of Movie, but if Movie wins CJ has a good chance at winning this set", and then I can't sleep at night because I feel like someone who crawls in dirt.
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
November 06 2009 19:10 GMT
#58
I follow Wemade Fox! damn they are doing well right now!!!!
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
November 06 2009 19:14 GMT
#59
Go Team Jaedong!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 06 2009 19:17 GMT
#60
Followed SKT because of Boxer/Oov, which has let me enjoy Hyuk's growing strength, the arrival of Fantasy, and even post-transfer Bisu. Also, Best's brief period of super macro crushing wins, and the resurgence of Canata (although he's getting less lineup spots now, hmmm).
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1186
ComeBackTV 1091
SteadfastSC976
TaKeTV 575
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex152
EnkiAlexander 75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 976
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex 152
ProTech133
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44134
Bisu 1527
Shuttle 605
EffOrt 497
Larva 371
Mini 360
Soma 280
BeSt 242
Rush 187
ZerO 111
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 108
firebathero 85
Dewaltoss 74
Mong 66
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 30
Trap 24
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
Shine 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8315
qojqva1663
Counter-Strike
fl0m1266
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1188
Other Games
hiko1457
FrodaN1059
DeMusliM352
Livibee183
ArmadaUGS182
KnowMe136
XaKoH 106
QueenE89
Mew2King74
XBOCT74
C9.Mang070
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV264
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 32
• Hinosc 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3815
Other Games
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 18m
Online Event
18h 18m
FEL
23h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.