• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:43
CEST 16:43
KST 23:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6628 users

[Patch 1.0.0.145: Rengar] General Discussion - Page 78

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 189 Next
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
August 21 2012 10:23 GMT
#1541
great. another fucking counter for my twitch.
And all is illuminated.
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
August 21 2012 10:24 GMT
#1542
On August 21 2012 19:15 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 19:13 TheKefka wrote:
Did they nerf the xp you get from winning games when lvling your account?
I'm leveling my account on NA and this is just ridiculous how much time it's taking,I don't remember it taking so many games to get a lvl up.


It's around 300 games to get to level 30 IIRC

O nvm I just remembered that when I was about lvl 20 on EU we had those major server issues(before the server split) every night and got free IP and EXP boosts because of it every week lol.
Cackle™
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 21 2012 10:40 GMT
#1543
I really think Riot should make it easier to get to level 30. As the game is gaining popularity, it's blocking a lot of newcomers from playing the game because how long it takes simply to get to level 30.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Chiharu Harukaze
Profile Joined September 2011
12112 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 10:43:44
August 21 2012 10:40 GMT
#1544
A quick note about the Rengar champion spotlight. That wasn't necessarily Phreak playing Rengar in most of those clips, although they are good players on a new champion.

Agree that Rengar is probably better top lane though.

On August 21 2012 15:16 wussleeQ wrote:
i finally won a game with a rioter in my game yay. lol i feel cursed by them sometimes.

Hehe. A lot of them are like me. Too busy doing other LoL stuff to actually find time to play the game and get better. T.T

On August 21 2012 17:38 wei2coolman wrote:
Poppy with a shit ton of health regen is freaking hilarious.

HP5 is probably the most underrated stat yet so useful in laning.
It's like, "Is the Federation's Mobile Suit some kind of monster?"
MyTHicaL
Profile Joined November 2005
France1070 Posts
August 21 2012 10:44 GMT
#1545
On August 21 2012 19:40 Sufficiency wrote:
I really think Riot should make it easier to get to level 30. As the game is gaining popularity, it's blocking a lot of newcomers from playing the game because how long it takes simply to get to level 30.


If they do that, they also need to tweek the 800-1600 elo range in ranked match making... Taking total ranked games or ranked game wins into account; or something... A 20 win player can be amongst 500+ win players and well, the two really aren't comparable.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22618 Posts
August 21 2012 10:47 GMT
#1546
On August 21 2012 19:40 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
A quick note about the Rengar champion spotlight. That wasn't necessarily Phreak playing Rengar in most of those clips, although they are good players on a new champion.

Agree that Rengar is probably better top lane though.

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 15:16 wussleeQ wrote:
i finally won a game with a rioter in my game yay. lol i feel cursed by them sometimes.

Hehe. A lot of them are like me. Too busy doing other LoL stuff to actually find time to play the game and get better. T.T

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 17:38 wei2coolman wrote:
Poppy with a shit ton of health regen is freaking hilarious.

HP5 is probably the most underrated stat yet so useful in laning.


I actualy had a fun time during season 1 in 1100 elo where i played Leona solo top with stacked HP5. Being able to take short trades (dash in. blow shield, stun and walk out) while having over 50 hp5 was hilarious. Havnt tried that since the start of season 2 tho. Probably should do it again some time :p
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 21 2012 10:53 GMT
#1547
On August 21 2012 19:44 MyTHicaL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 19:40 Sufficiency wrote:
I really think Riot should make it easier to get to level 30. As the game is gaining popularity, it's blocking a lot of newcomers from playing the game because how long it takes simply to get to level 30.


If they do that, they also need to tweek the 800-1600 elo range in ranked match making... Taking total ranked games or ranked game wins into account; or something... A 20 win player can be amongst 500+ win players and well, the two really aren't comparable.


I don't see the point in this. I am saying maybe one should only need 150 games to get to lvl 30 instead of 300. I think 300 is way too much. I am not saying it would take only 20 wins.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 21 2012 11:02 GMT
#1548
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22618 Posts
August 21 2012 11:04 GMT
#1549
On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.


The curve that ability takes can be confusing. I believe it always curves counter clockwise so dodging the other way should help.
Also since its basicly an AoE skillshot players will often aim a little ahead of you if your moving.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 11:11:43
August 21 2012 11:11 GMT
#1550
It's pretty simple actually,to dodge it move to the right always,never move left or straight back unless you are at a good distance already.If you are fairly close and you wan't to 1v1 just move towards her slightly to the right.
Cackle™
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
August 21 2012 11:12 GMT
#1551
On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.


Since Diana is getting FP'ed alot recently I recommend you to pick stuff with strong harass/push fast (morde, cassio, malz) or has strong disables (ahri, swain). I also wonder how sion does against her, since he deals so much damage in melee range as well and can mitigate alot with his ult, passive and stronger shield.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 21 2012 11:30 GMT
#1552
On August 21 2012 20:12 clickrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.


Since Diana is getting FP'ed alot recently I recommend you to pick stuff with strong harass/push fast (morde, cassio, malz) or has strong disables (ahri, swain). I also wonder how sion does against her, since he deals so much damage in melee range as well and can mitigate alot with his ult, passive and stronger shield.


I was told she was a really strong laner so I picked Pantheon into her, adamant about winning my lane. Bleh, shes a really strong laner. I won... sort of... too safe, can just instaclear and never run out of mana even after we denied her blue.

Felt kind of awful, in the future I'ma just pick other safe instawave clearers and forget about even acknowledging another champion there, especially since I feel like Diana can just kill a lot of champions. I'd rather lane against like Malphite or something as panth.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
August 21 2012 12:05 GMT
#1553
On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.



She's free right now. Try her out. More fun than I expected personally. Her q mana cost is way, way too low.

Are there other mids you can spam your main ability starting at level 1 and not run out of mana very quickly? I cannot think of any that use mana off the top of my head.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 21 2012 12:09 GMT
#1554
On August 21 2012 21:05 JonnyLaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.



She's free right now. Try her out. More fun than I expected personally. Her q mana cost is way, way too low.

Are there other mids you can spam your main ability starting at level 1 and not run out of mana very quickly? I cannot think of any that use mana off the top of my head.

Karthus, TF (dohoho), Gragas, ...
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Felnarion
Profile Joined December 2011
442 Posts
August 21 2012 12:13 GMT
#1555
Diana is stupid strong, especially in mid lane. She can clear wave after wave with no issue, so she's almost certainly going to beat you in CS. Then, once she turns 6, she will almost certainly instant close with you with her ult and then, at least, do a lot of damage if not outright kill you.

Way I've been dealing with her is to:

A. Forget the harass, you just need to farm as much as you can, maybe even a GP10 item if it makes sense on your champ
B. Don't stand among the minions, at least make her choose between using her Q to clear the wave, or harass you, if you let her get both at the same time you're toast.
C. Ward the sides. I know you should usually do it, but it's doubly important against her, especially post level 6. She can close and hold you there very easily for the jungle to catch up.
D: If you don't have an escape handy, stay safe.

The only mid I play who I can even trade evenly with her is Ziggs, and that's only because I can clear waves just as quickly at a big range so she can't poke me. But I can't poke back either.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 12:17:06
August 21 2012 12:13 GMT
#1556
On August 21 2012 21:09 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 21:05 JonnyLaw wrote:
On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.



She's free right now. Try her out. More fun than I expected personally. Her q mana cost is way, way too low.

Are there other mids you can spam your main ability starting at level 1 and not run out of mana very quickly? I cannot think of any that use mana off the top of my head.

Karthus, TF (dohoho), Gragas, ...



Gragas q still runs you out of mana.
Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana
Magic Damage: 85 / 135 / 185 / 235 / 285
(+0.9 per ability power)

W restores 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 on a 25 second cd. You don't even take a second rank until 8 if I'm not mistaken.

edit - in comparison Diana's q costs 55 mana at all levels. I mean really what is that cost?
With Magic Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260
(+0.8 per ability power)

Similar scaling, similar damage and max rank Diana Q has a 1 second shorter CD. I know linear comparisons don't mean a whole lot but when it's a cost difference of this magnitude it's relevant.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 21 2012 12:18 GMT
#1557
karthus is 20+6. By level 9, karthus will be spending 80% the cost of diana Q every second or less. Really puts some perspective on how insanely low Diana's Q cost is.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 21 2012 12:59 GMT
#1558
Galio Q costs 60 and does 80 (+0.6). He also gets a bunch of free AP through his MR, so damage is highly similar.

Ziggs Q costs 50 mana lvl1 and does 75 (+0.65)

Cassio Q costs 35 mana for 75 (+0.8) dmg

All those are imo also easier to hit than Diana's Q - cause once you get a hang of the curve, it's not that hard to dodge.

Don't get me wrong, Diana is definetly a bit too strong, but you are acting like a spammable spell on an AP is suddenly NEW.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 13:18:13
August 21 2012 13:02 GMT
#1559
On August 21 2012 21:18 Amui wrote:
karthus is 20+6. By level 9, karthus will be spending 80% the cost of diana Q every second or less. Really puts some perspective on how insanely low Diana's Q cost is.

What on earth does cd matter

Btw speaking of spamming you heard of Malzahar?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 13:18:23
August 21 2012 13:12 GMT
#1560
On August 21 2012 21:18 Amui wrote:
karthus is 20+6. By level 9, karthus will be spending 80% the cost of diana Q every second or less. Really puts some perspective on how insanely low Diana's Q cost is.

Karthus also gets mana back for every one of his last hits. You can't just compare the skills 1:1


On August 21 2012 20:02 iCanada wrote:
I dont understand how you are supposed to dodge Diana's Q.

Maybe I'm just a baddie, but like honestly I get hit by it every time. Half the time the animation isn't anywhere near me, but magically it always hits me anyway.

-.-

Stupid Diana.

The tip of the crescent has a circle around it about the same size as Galio's Q (Maybe a little smaller) - Most people aren't going to aim the crescent path at you, they're going to be trying to hit you with the simpler-to-use circle.

Playing her once or twice will probably help you get a better feel for how the skill actually works. It's very dodgeable. And once she's 6, you have to think about getting hit with her Q the same way you think about eating a free Morgana bind (Since when they hit Q they can do a high damage combo.) If you're eating free Qs against Diana in lane, you're GOING to lose the lane.
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 189 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 931
WardiTV853
OGKoka 263
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 263
ProTech142
Rex 141
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2840
Shuttle 1733
EffOrt 845
BeSt 695
Light 390
Mini 337
firebathero 314
Stork 276
ZerO 268
ggaemo 257
[ Show more ]
Rush 179
Barracks 111
Zeus 85
Sea.KH 70
Shine 65
Killer 61
sorry 44
Hyun 40
Mong 34
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 27
Shinee 27
Bale 24
Terrorterran 21
soO 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 13
yabsab 10
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dewaltoss 1
Dota 2
qojqva4079
Dendi1861
BananaSlamJamma388
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes540
Other Games
singsing2298
hiko1074
B2W.Neo813
Liquid`RaSZi555
Lowko354
Pyrionflax223
Sick213
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream540
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2262
• Nemesis1867
• TFBlade518
Other Games
• WagamamaTV281
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 17m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.