• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12882 users

Latency and Connection issues - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
January 15 2013 05:02 GMT
#61
Yeah this has definitely been bugging me a lot about iCCup. Takes so damn long to find good games sometimes. And it definitely doesn't help when the + Show Spoiler [so emberassing] +
D- i haven't played in forever, k? and i was always noob
population is so low. One a side note, I was wanting to play WarCraft III the other month and they don't have a working ladder for that AT ALL. You either play Dota games or sit in the custom game lobby for 30 mins.

This should definitely be on top of the fix list. Can't disagree.
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
January 15 2013 06:33 GMT
#62
Yeah, same here. I can't host game on ICCUp, just sitting and waiting for somebody to make a game.
And it is next to impossible to join a 1x1 game, cause the seat is already taken 95% of the time. That is how I got playing only 2x2
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
January 15 2013 06:37 GMT
#63
On January 14 2013 12:39 R1CH wrote:
I'm very surprised iccup hasn't added upnp support to their launcher yet. 99% of routers could be automatically configured via upnp, it would save so many headaches.

This is a good idea. I wonder if we could address iccup staff with it. Hell, I would even pay 5 bucks for it.
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
January 15 2013 06:56 GMT
#64
Wasn't there some guy who designed a replay extension with unit tabs and such that also wanted to design auto-matchmaking and custom hotkey layouts?
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 15 2013 07:10 GMT
#65
With alot of people I think it might be an issue with their routers themselves. Years ago, I had problems with hosting, and port forwarding and all that never solved the problem. Then eventually I changed internet providers, got a new router, and all the sudden port forwarding worked like a charm. After that, I can host games. Occasionally I get random times when I can't, but when that happens, for some reason it was my anti-virus software, and I just had to disable that for a bit to get to hosting again.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Deleted User 268575
Profile Joined June 2012
146 Posts
January 15 2013 07:48 GMT
#66
Although the majority of people who try to host games have this problem, I don't think this issue is the main reason that BW isn't doing so well. I mean, it's not like if you can't host games, you're not able to play at all. There's still people who host games and if you want to play with friends all you have to do is the LAT trick or get someone else to host.
http://twitch.tv/jemah
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
January 15 2013 07:54 GMT
#67
Bah. It wasn't portforwarding. My friend must have a terrible internet connection or something. Terrible, terrible lag
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 10:23:39
January 15 2013 10:23 GMT
#68
I agree, with portforwarding it makes finding games a lot less frustrating, but I really don't know what can be done and how feasible it would be.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
January 18 2013 14:47 GMT
#69
I suddenly woke up yesterday and Was able to host.
It appears my Anti-virus program was blocking my port.
Here is how i set up on my router:
[image loading]
Here is how i set up on my standard windows firewall:
[image loading]
[image loading]

And finally here is how i set up on my Anti-virus program:
[image loading]

Hope this helps someone
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
January 18 2013 16:42 GMT
#70
On January 14 2013 12:03 AFKing wrote:
Iccup only works like occasionally at my school, but at least we can lan :\

When you're the only one who plays Bw in a region then who u want to play via LAN with ? LAN isn't the big deal
@taefoxy
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
January 18 2013 19:22 GMT
#71
I ended up paying $20 for the portforward.com tool after having tried to fix it myself with their guidelines.

back in the day not being able to host wasn't that big a deal cause most people could host, but it seems that modern routers need to be fixed manually so a lot less people can make.

I can definitely sympathize with those saying not being able to host killed their bw spirit, cause I've like, quintupled my bw time after I got the port forwarding working.
Moderator
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 19:39:48
January 18 2013 19:38 GMT
#72
On January 19 2013 04:22 Liquid`Drone wrote:
I ended up paying $20 for the portforward.com tool after having tried to fix it myself with their guidelines.

back in the day not being able to host wasn't that big a deal cause most people could host, but it seems that modern routers need to be fixed manually so a lot less people can make.

I can definitely sympathize with those saying not being able to host killed their bw spirit, cause I've like, quintupled my bw time after I got the port forwarding working.


Does their 'tool' work even if you don't have any router access? I'm in an apartment complex where they provide the internet so I can't mess with router . Even worse I can't be in a game with more than 1 other person or else everyone discs.

Edit: nvm it wouldn't
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
January 18 2013 19:57 GMT
#73
yea I can't picture it working without router access.
Moderator
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
January 18 2013 20:18 GMT
#74
After reading this thread I'm pretty sure iCCup just has hosting problems outside of port forwarding (meaning correctly forwarded ports don't lead to being able to host) these days. Which seems really weird cause afaik even lobby hosting is P2P.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 18 2013 21:18 GMT
#75
On January 15 2013 16:48 Jemah wrote:
Although the majority of people who try to host games have this problem, I don't think this issue is the main reason that BW isn't doing so well. I mean, it's not like if you can't host games, you're not able to play at all. There's still people who host games and if you want to play with friends all you have to do is the LAT trick or get someone else to host.

I dunno about you but being forced to play only vs Peruvians on Python all day would be a fate worse than hell.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 18 2013 22:05 GMT
#76
On January 19 2013 05:18 RaGe wrote:
After reading this thread I'm pretty sure iCCup just has hosting problems outside of port forwarding (meaning correctly forwarded ports don't lead to being able to host) these days. Which seems really weird cause afaik even lobby hosting is P2P.

Iccup doesn't really "host" anything, it's all P2P.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
January 19 2013 03:17 GMT
#77
Hey. I need to tell everyone how I'd been trying to fix my router the last ten days. You don't know how many hours I spent trying to fix it... Everyone says it's easy but I tried so many guides, called my ISP so many times... Agh so frustrating. Then I contacted xboi209 who offered his services in this thread a few pages back. The following day he remotely connected to my computer and fixed everything within two minutes flat; my ports, the brood war colors glitch, ranks display glitch, and my broken leg. Then he sent me on my merry way. Such a damn professional. Thanks xboi209, you don't know how grateful I am (=
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-19 04:11:13
January 19 2013 04:10 GMT
#78
Frick!
Dunno what's up today, but both Garena and Hamachi are not working. Everybody has been port forwarded, firewalls exceptions have been made, yada, yada. No one can see each other's games and can't tunnel each other in Garena.

Not very happy.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
sundersoft
Profile Joined November 2011
91 Posts
January 19 2013 04:52 GMT
#79
I guess you could hook the windows sockets DLL and have it do TCP/UDP punch-through (using STUN or something similar) whenever someone using the hook joins a server hosted by someone also using the hook. It would also need to translate the ports that Starcraft uses to whatever ports it gets from the punch-through (e.g. if Starcraft sends to an IP address on port 6112, the actual port to send to would be looked up by the DLL; same for recieving a packet). Although I'm not sure if Starcraft actually uses multiple ports. The hook may also send and intercept private chat messages to set up the connection if the STUN server requires the client and server to be able to communicate beforehand.
oovv
Profile Joined March 2008
366 Posts
January 19 2013 11:58 GMT
#80
Please, someone find a solution!:D
Oops.. i did it again
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O157
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17444
Calm 1999
Shuttle 330
White-Ra 231
Mini 181
ZZZero.O 157
firebathero 74
soO 12
Sacsri 4
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1521
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5198
Liquid`Hasu76
Other Games
summit1g7284
FrodaN2233
Liquid`RaSZi2224
fl0m1305
crisheroes300
Pyrionflax211
Livibee199
IndyStarCraft 197
ToD156
Mew2King59
C9.Mang03
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick960
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 26
• musti20045 11
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• blackmanpl 32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1396
• Shiphtur688
• WagamamaTV331
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 53m
Replay Cast
1h 53m
OSC
14h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.