• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:28
CEST 14:28
KST 21:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8493 users

Latency and Connection issues - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
January 14 2013 05:13 GMT
#21
I have to agree. I guarantee I would play more Brood War if there was an automated matchmaking system for it.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
January 14 2013 05:24 GMT
#22
I would play BW 5 hours a day everyday if I could reliably host. At home I can host sometimes, its very unreliable but now I'm on a campus network I cannot at all. (I seem to remember being able in first year).
The game itself is still as good as it was 8 years ago, just the delivery is lacking badly.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 05:55:43
January 14 2013 05:54 GMT
#23
There has to be some wizard here on TL that can make a program made for hosting games.

Actually a neat way to get around the game hosting issue is to have a few 24/7 hosting BOTS in the iCCup server that you could whisper a certain command and they would host the games for you, this was used to get around the hosting issues before a long time ago, and i'm sure it could be done again today.

I actually think it is a really smart idea to get BOTS that can host games for people with port forwarding issues, there are already game hosting bots so how hard could it be?

EDIT : I mean , it wouldn't be hard for iCCup to get up a few game hosting bots, to make peoples lives easier, untill there is some amazing portforwarding fix.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 06:09:22
January 14 2013 06:09 GMT
#24
There is a program that will enable UPNP for Starcraft but your router needs to have UPNP enabled first so all it does is cut down like 2 or 3 steps from the port forwarding process so it's not much of a difference. Other than that, there aren't any programs(that I know of) to just do this for you.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
January 14 2013 06:10 GMT
#25
But really it all needs to be on the one launcher: latency fixing, matchmaking, and so on.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
January 14 2013 06:12 GMT
#26
On January 14 2013 12:39 R1CH wrote:
I'm very surprised iccup hasn't added upnp support to their launcher yet. 99% of routers could be automatically configured via upnp, it would save so many headaches.

R1CH said it, automatically gold. iCCup, we demand you add upnp support to your launcher
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
January 14 2013 07:49 GMT
#27
Nice thread timing. I was thinking last night about BW terrible netcode and cursing Blizzard for not releasing a patch for modernising its netcode.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
January 14 2013 08:14 GMT
#28
I havent been able to host a game for 5 years now. I have tried so many port forwarding guides and still nothing works, im pretty dumb when it comes to computers though so it could be just me. I just wanna be able to host Matchpoint one day again.
BW4LIFE
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
January 14 2013 08:59 GMT
#29
In my case, my router is notorious for having issues with ports.
Just so you get the idea, i open the ports, and it works np. I host a game 25 minutes later, with no restarts, no nothin, and i cant host.

The main problem for me, is that when i CAN host, there is never lag on my end (i mean, unless there is an IP conflict, or someones network really sucks, the game goes smooth on low lat (LAN lat ofc).

I love to be able to host since i know that its a much faster way to get going and play fast.

Solving this problem would be amazing, but who could do it? Its not like blizzard is going to, are they?
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
GunSec
Profile Joined February 2010
1095 Posts
January 14 2013 09:23 GMT
#30
RICH, help them with your awesome networking skills etc :D! Anyways I have never been able to host a game since from the beginning lol
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
January 14 2013 09:35 GMT
#31
On January 14 2013 16:49 Black[CAT] wrote:
Nice thread timing. I was thinking last night about BW terrible netcode and cursing Blizzard for not releasing a patch for modernising its netcode.


You cursed Blizzard for not committing a LOT of man-hours to a nearly 15 year old game? Either you have no comprehension of exactly what it would take for them to release a patch for the "BW terrible netcode" or you expect incredibly unrealistic things.
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
January 14 2013 09:51 GMT
#32
Completely agree with OP. This was the biggest reason I stopped playing BW, countless hours troubleshooting, ports forwarded etc (across several routers over several years), still couldn't host games. Not being able to host games seriously impacted laddering for me.

Have been down hamachi route and all that before as well. bnet2.0 failed on so many levels, but laddering was a breeze.

Tempted to go try iccup now with my new router.
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
January 14 2013 10:31 GMT
#33
I agree Heavily with the OP. I have been thinking about this, the #1 reason that stops players from joining bw is the create games issue on iccup. This is so frustrating.
I had my ports fowarded for about 2 weeks. During those 2 weeks i was quite happy as i could host as many Jade ladder games as i wanted and could decide against whom to play. This really makes a big difference. Then another computer joined my router and messed things up somehow. I have to admit i have no idea (after spending literally 20 hours on various days trying to understand the issue). i even made a thread on tl support.

I want to understand exactly the issue so that if ever i have a problem i can solve it, not just randomly resolve it once. So i have been told that port fowarding is different than opening simply the port 6112. Port fowarding implies having the traffic go through one specific port, opening a port allows any kind of traffic to go through it. At least thats what i ve understood. And its better to have a static internal IP adress for your comp than a flexible one that changes every time your router goes off.

Another way to navigate around this is playing on fish, but still on Fish you are allowed to play only one map. And that does not fullfill a players needs.

The thing is i have access to my router, i know my internal I.P. adress. Portfoward.com has not helped me because i have followed their guide for my router correctly and my ports do not open.

This is indeed the elefant in the room. Damn you elefant.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
ikan
Profile Joined December 2012
United States34 Posts
January 14 2013 11:50 GMT
#34
On January 14 2013 14:54 GGzerG wrote:
There has to be some wizard here on TL that can make a program made for hosting games.

Actually a neat way to get around the game hosting issue is to have a few 24/7 hosting BOTS in the iCCup server that you could whisper a certain command and they would host the games for you, this was used to get around the hosting issues before a long time ago, and i'm sure it could be done again today.

I actually think it is a really smart idea to get BOTS that can host games for people with port forwarding issues, there are already game hosting bots so how hard could it be?

EDIT : I mean , it wouldn't be hard for iCCup to get up a few game hosting bots, to make peoples lives easier, untill there is some amazing portforwarding fix.


If a bot hosts a game how do you ladder?
here for a good time, not a long time
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
January 14 2013 12:06 GMT
#35
I just had to port forward to be able to host, and give my personal computer a static ip, ie every time I log in to the internet, I get the same local ip, 192.168...... and the starcraft ports always sends information to that ip.

Still, I have major issues with releasing connections. I need to constantly reset my internet connection to be able to host, so if I play a game, or stay in the lobby for a long time I usually have to reset, but it doesn't always happen. It might have something to do with the time.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 12:34:54
January 14 2013 12:29 GMT
#36
Thought this was gonna be some lame post, but god, you're so right.
I don't know the details of this problem - why 6112 has to be open to begin with, but I wish it get fixed some how!

Currently, I'm hooked up to a common server/router in my building - so I can't forward it. This is pretty much stopping me from playing right now.
화이팅
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 12:48:27
January 14 2013 12:48 GMT
#37
For hosting games on the same network there is a solution (ip translation tables):
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=18601081656
http://thomas.fetiveau.free.fr/starcraft/
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 14 2013 13:01 GMT
#38
so this is the real elephant in the room what is the fake elephant ?
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
SAfinA
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada15 Posts
January 14 2013 13:13 GMT
#39
yep, I don't play anymore because I can't host, too frustrating not worth it for me.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 14 2013 13:19 GMT
#40
I completely agree.
It sucks to spend 1 hour with every guy trying iccup for the first time trying to explain him what to do, and that's the case where it works in the end. Not sure how many player we've lost to that, alas...
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1240
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 280
Rex 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55009
Calm 3926
Shuttle 3078
Bisu 1381
FanTaSy 1243
firebathero 386
Stork 277
Hyuk 262
Zeus 244
Mini 239
[ Show more ]
Soma 237
actioN 219
EffOrt 213
Rush 212
Soulkey 167
Last 144
Light 132
ZerO 119
Snow 103
Mong 75
PianO 68
Dewaltoss 66
Pusan 58
Killer 45
Barracks 44
JYJ 43
hero 38
Free 37
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 32
NotJumperer 32
Bale 31
Aegong 23
Shine 22
Sharp 22
yabsab 20
Sacsri 19
HiyA 18
Noble 18
sorry 17
Dota 2
Gorgc6679
Dendi543
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1441
kRYSTAL_137
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko380
Other Games
gofns32869
singsing2000
B2W.Neo705
crisheroes260
DeMusliM231
hiko182
Livibee107
byalli47
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
32m
OSC
9h 47m
Replay Cast
10h 32m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.