• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:30
CEST 22:30
KST 05:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8842 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 45 Next All
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
September 25 2013 17:49 GMT
#661
no, the gameheart overlays is only for 1v1s, in teamgames it looks like this
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
obszczymucha
Profile Joined August 2013
3 Posts
September 25 2013 18:51 GMT
#662
Ahh.. Stupid me! Thank you
dvorakftw
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
681 Posts
September 25 2013 21:50 GMT
#663
btw last week of the fundraiser. DONATE if you haven't!
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
September 26 2013 05:59 GMT
#664
On September 26 2013 02:36 obszczymucha wrote:
I've been using GameHeart 1vs1 v1.61 Observer Interface for some time and it was working fine, but it now displays weird stuff.
http://imgur.com/I1O1OEh,o5dDXD4#0
http://imgur.com/I1O1OEh,o5dDXD4#1

Maybe due to game update or something? Is there any solution for this? Or maybe newer version?

On September 26 2013 02:49 graNite wrote:
no, the gameheart overlays is only for 1v1s, in teamgames it looks like this

Exactly.

SC2 uses "Left" and "Right" in 1vs1 interfaces to address the players. This allows you to change those slots, too.

In games with 2+ players, I would have to use the player ID to show information. I hope I will find the time to create a cool interface for 2+ players, but I would need to do some research and testing to be able to hide non-existing players.

Unfortunatly there is no inbuild way to combine 2+ player interfaces and 1vs1 interfaces making the game decide what it uses. So, 1vs1 interfaces just won't work properly in 2+ player games as you've experienced.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
September 27 2013 00:56 GMT
#665
Interface Update to 1.62

[image loading]

Changelog:
v.1.62
- added pips to the upgrade icons. Special thanks to the MIT Game Lab who assisted us by creating a font.


>>> Download GameHeart 1vs1 Observer Interface v.1.62 <<<

>>> 16x10 version not displaying army supply <<<
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
dvorakftw
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
681 Posts
September 27 2013 01:03 GMT
#666
I'm curious, altering the strong team color mod slightly is it possible to tint based on color so for example when you have a blue toss vs a red toss there are bluish gold and reddish gold armies instead of gold with blue highlights vs gold with red highlights?
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
September 27 2013 01:10 GMT
#667
On September 27 2013 10:03 dvorakftw wrote:
I'm curious, altering the strong team color mod slightly is it possible to tint based on color so for example when you have a blue toss vs a red toss there are bluish gold and reddish gold armies instead of gold with blue highlights vs gold with red highlights?

Team colors are displayed by a layer inside the model file. If you make parts of the model's texture transparent, that layer will be revealed.
So, yes, you can make them shine through. The model file itself controls how much it glows with the team color or if it even contains that information (like critter models have no team colors below their texture). You would need to make the textures more transparent to do so. For example, that's how one can add team colors to some campaign heroes like Raynor or Kerrigan in arcade maps.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
dvorakftw
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-27 04:52:24
September 27 2013 04:50 GMT
#668
What I am asking for is not a glow but reducing the opacity of the model so a color underneath can tint the units. If you can forgive a bad photogimp, left is normal and on the right is the basic idea though overdone a bit to the point the tint looks kinda worse even if it would be less confusing:

http://i.imgur.com/i2VHsRZ.png

Also as I've seen mentioned if fungals and timewarps and maybe a few others I am forgetting could be shaded for the player doing it I think it helps the viewers.

edit: embed image wasn't displaying correct and too lazy to fix
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
September 27 2013 05:21 GMT
#669
On September 27 2013 13:50 dvorakftw wrote:
What I am asking for is not a glow but reducing the opacity of the model so a color underneath can tint the units. If you can forgive a bad photogimp, left is normal and on the right is the basic idea though overdone a bit to the point the tint looks kinda worse even if it would be less confusing:

http://i.imgur.com/i2VHsRZ.png

Also as I've seen mentioned if fungals and timewarps and maybe a few others I am forgetting could be shaded for the player doing it I think it helps the viewers.

Well, the goal would be that only the spectators and not the players will see that. So, I assume tinting the unit for the spectators only would be the solution to go for.
I don't think this would work in replays as the "actor phasing" system (created by Renee) doesn't work for that and Blizzard's new way hasn't been explored enough, yet. It might work with that.
Also, since tinting is used in the melee game now (Raven's seeker missile target), I'm not sure, if that could cause conflicts, but I think it won't with proper configuration using a lower priority than the seeker missile's tint.

Spell effects that consist out of particles should be a problem as the particles can't be tinted. But there would be a way via texture replacements with a tinted texture.

However, this certainly requires triggers and maybe even some data changes, so it's one of those "dangerous" things that alter game data, even if it is only altering actors at most.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
Priidrik
Profile Joined April 2011
Estonia33 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-28 11:46:28
September 27 2013 09:07 GMT
#670
On September 26 2013 14:59 Ahli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 02:36 obszczymucha wrote:
I've been using GameHeart 1vs1 v1.61 Observer Interface for some time and it was working fine, but it now displays weird stuff.
http://imgur.com/I1O1OEh,o5dDXD4#0
http://imgur.com/I1O1OEh,o5dDXD4#1

Maybe due to game update or something? Is there any solution for this? Or maybe newer version?

Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 02:49 graNite wrote:
no, the gameheart overlays is only for 1v1s, in teamgames it looks like this

Exactly.

SC2 uses "Left" and "Right" in 1vs1 interfaces to address the players. This allows you to change those slots, too.

In games with 2+ players, I would have to use the player ID to show information. I hope I will find the time to create a cool interface for 2+ players, but I would need to do some research and testing to be able to hide non-existing players.

Unfortunatly there is no inbuild way to combine 2+ player interfaces and 1vs1 interfaces making the game decide what it uses. So, 1vs1 interfaces just won't work properly in 2+ player games as you've experienced.


There are a few tricks you could do to make it work for both 1v1 and non-1v1, that I have learned while making my interface mod.

First, "PlayerRaceIconFrame" only seems to display correctly in 1v1, in team games it displays, but it seems to ignore the line "BaseTexture val=". However image is shown but you only see white rectangles, because there is no texture linked. So if you simply link a texture to image that is children frame to PlayerRaceIconFrame, with a line of "Texture val=", that is used in non-1v1 games, and 1v1 games always use "BaseTexture val=". It is a compromise but I think for instance an SCV icon for all races is better than white rectangles, and it makes no difference for 1v1 games.
As you can see from the screenshots above, the text strings work, it says seven workers and zero army supply. Why text on the bottom right isn't working is because no player is selected, in non-1v1 with default UI only one resourcebar is shown, and it represents the player whose unit is currently selected. What I would do with those is, putting them under resourceframe, so they are hidden when they wouldn't show any information anyways, that is the case for non-1v1 games with the default UI as well, top right is completely clear when nothing is selected. If you would have made an entirely new frame for the bottom panel, you would see the selected player in double, and when no-one is selected or mienral field or etc., it would say "neutral", and APM and all such is obviosly 0. Wheter you specify "Left" or "Right", in non-1v1 it always "selected player".

In this case though, race icon left of player name, can't always be terran, so in this case you probably have to use the default resourcepanel icon. Yes, there is an issue with this, that when you hold "v", the player colors remain whatever they were, even when team colors are enabled. And to make it worse, the gradient images do update colors, so there is an inconsistency. Fortunately there is a fix for that as well, that you, instead of adding the gradient images as new frames, you override ResourceIconBackround images. With HotS blizzard decided that every resource icon doesn't need a seperate player colored background, so they simply added "Alpha val=0" to them, but if overridden they can be used to get any image to appear player colored in either team or 1v1 games. They share the color update problem, just like the race icon, but at least they are consistent with it. Here is a random screenshot from an old patch, in orange player's POV, and each icon has an orange background.

As for the top left, the production tab, etc., I haven't looked into your code, so I don't know how you customised those, but if you changed only backgroundbutton it should work.

And another suggestion that I have is that in the top, some of the buttons have green theme, others have blue theme, and that is inconsistent. But this is easy to change, for pulldowns just use the same template for both and menu and social buttons have different textures for each race. And the unit infopanel (bottom right), I think you should still make it transparent despite income and APM being back there or at least top half, because, and this is my opinion, but that black rectangle is quite ugly. I have seen it suggested here before, and I have tried adding "Alpha val=155" to it myself, and I would say it looks better with that.

I hope my post was helpful.

TL;DR: Same interface mod can work in both 1v1 and non-1v1 games, with some compromises.

Edit: Another thing, I recommend making a seperate sc2layout file for all settings, like whether observer toolbar is initially visible, etc., and write a guide on how to change those. And if you used constants, then you can't add commentlines between each of them, so the user needs to understand what is being changed just by constant name.
In my mod I named this file "__SETTINGS", so it is easily fould and added a section illustrated with screenshots on how to find it to my release post.
Author of Standard Enhanced, a custom observer UI for watching replays. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=427113
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
September 27 2013 09:29 GMT
#671
is it possible to make the new upgrade pips blinking or charging when the upgrade is being researched?
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
dvorakftw
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
681 Posts
September 27 2013 14:17 GMT
#672
On September 27 2013 18:29 graNite wrote:
is it possible to make the new upgrade pips blinking or charging when the upgrade is being researched?

Good idea. Also if bases under construction on the minimap could do the same that'd be neat. It's pretty inconsequential but sometimes especially with double expands it can look like someone is waaay ahead when in fact it is really more or less even.
bsdaemon
Profile Joined July 2012
618 Posts
September 27 2013 14:37 GMT
#673
I may have missed it but are there any plans to change the "win screen"? Like having some eye candy instead of seeing texts popping one by one on the screen.
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
September 27 2013 14:46 GMT
#674
It was mentioned on reddit the other day that having numbers on upgrades in the Production Tab is pointless, as there can only ever be one upgrade in progress. Is it possible to remove it in GameHeart or is it so embedded into the code that its impossible?
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
September 27 2013 14:48 GMT
#675
Every tournament should use that.
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
September 27 2013 15:46 GMT
#676
On September 27 2013 23:46 iHirO wrote:
It was mentioned on reddit the other day that having numbers on upgrades in the Production Tab is pointless, as there can only ever be one upgrade in progress. Is it possible to remove it in GameHeart or is it so embedded into the code that its impossible?

Might be possible via triggers, but I fear that it might require code that simulates the production tab to determine which value is in which slot. I'm not sure if it is possible to pull image data from it to determine what is displayed.

@Priidrik
I will work through your post tomorrow and run some tests, I hope.

On September 27 2013 18:29 graNite wrote:
is it possible to make the new upgrade pips blinking or charging when the upgrade is being researched?

With triggers that might be possible, but that might require simulating the production tab, too, just to know which thing is on which slot.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
September 28 2013 01:58 GMT
#677
@Ahli

Is it possible for the options to be hidden by default instead of having to manually ctrl+shift+o every game? If so how do I edit this in?

Thanks, love the UI.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Priidrik
Profile Joined April 2011
Estonia33 Posts
September 28 2013 11:30 GMT
#678
On September 28 2013 10:58 Firkraag8 wrote:
@Ahli

Is it possible for the options to be hidden by default instead of having to manually ctrl+shift+o every game? If so how do I edit this in?

Thanks, love the UI.


I'm not Ahli, but I can answer that
  1. Open the interface file in the editor
  2. Open UI module (button that says "UI", on the top of the screen)
  3. Now, in the UI module, on the left choose the file named "_observerToolbar"
  4. Then, on the right hand side panel you should see code, replace "false" in this line with "true"
    <Constant name="Observer+Replay Tools initially hidden?" val="false"/>
  5. Save the file
  6. And its done

Author of Standard Enhanced, a custom observer UI for watching replays. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=427113
Arachne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
South Africa426 Posts
September 28 2013 13:57 GMT
#679
Hey. I've glanced through the thread, and I am more asking this for my own verification than any major problem

I watched the youtube videos, and it seems a bit different from the .interface file.

What I am asking is: Are the Gameheart maps more 'powerful' for observer controlling than the interface file?

For example, I don't see a way to change names of players using the interface?

I am trying to use the interface for a tournament I am casting soon, and want to make sure I have a decent idea of how to use it. I have seen the list of instructions in the Message Log.

Also, just want to say.

OMG AMAZING!!!!
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't be here
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
September 28 2013 16:30 GMT
#680
On September 28 2013 20:30 Priidrik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 10:58 Firkraag8 wrote:
@Ahli

Is it possible for the options to be hidden by default instead of having to manually ctrl+shift+o every game? If so how do I edit this in?

Thanks, love the UI.


I'm not Ahli, but I can answer that
  1. Open the interface file in the editor
  2. Open UI module (button that says "UI", on the top of the screen)
  3. Now, in the UI module, on the left choose the file named "_observerToolbar"
  4. Then, on the right hand side panel you should see code, replace "false" in this line with "true"
    <Constant name="Observer+Replay Tools initially hidden?" val="false"/>
  5. Save the file
  6. And its done



Excellent, I fixed it with your instructions. Thank you very much.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 263
JuggernautJason93
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 561
White-Ra 173
firebathero 81
910 44
Trap 25
NaDa 12
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0187
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9607
crisheroes1761
Liquid`Hasu1724
Trikslyr91
Other Games
summit1g5895
Liquid`RaSZi5327
Beastyqt817
shahzam473
B2W.Neo287
Pyrionflax131
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS127
ZombieGrub99
IndyStarCraft 82
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream393
Other Games
BasetradeTV171
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV385
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
• Shiphtur280
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 30m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.