• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:03
CEST 13:03
KST 20:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8682 users

[UPDATE!] Post Your Cake! - Page 27

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 38 Next All
LeperKahn
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Romania1852 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-14 20:45:58
June 14 2009 20:45 GMT
#521
On June 15 2009 05:34 mikeymoo wrote:
This is too intense. I can't believe some entries are NOT going to get a key T_T


We should petition blizzard for more. Seriously these are far too good to not get a key.

Hell, they're an ad for blizzard in and of itself too!
CJ Entusman #14 • http://soundcloud.com/discodinosaur • https://discosaur.bandcamp.com/
B-612
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada33 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-14 21:02:30
June 14 2009 20:59 GMT
#522
So here is my entry into the Cake/edible Starcraft object. Originally I was going to make a Siege tank being torn to pieces by a hydra made of marzipan (the clay of the baking world) I needed to use my parents oven to bake the 5 sheets of brownie I was using to construct the base of the cake but an unfortunate event would see a different fierce monster tear the siege tank apart, my parents’ dog.

I lieu of a thoroughly disgusting pile of brownies and icing being eaten by the Hydra I’ve chosen to just enter my painstakingly carved Hydralisk, on a single sheet of brownie that I had planned on using as the turret for my tank.

I’m really impressed with the caliber and quantity of cake people where willing to field, best of luck to the lot of you and I certainly hope we all paid attention to the TL forum rules and had a lot of fun.

Perhaps its immature of me but I have omitted a ton of the basic construction stuff but they all seemed to look like wang if you lot want I can post some of my under construction pictures.

Here is a shot of the torso mid carving
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Here is a shot of one of the arms while I’m working on some detail stuff
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The final product and a really tired bum hoping for a beta key
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


One final shot
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I could very well have been late entering the contest Oh well I had fun and enjoyed this epic display of baking prowess.
Don't play to win, play to get better.
blapsd
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
England121 Posts
June 14 2009 21:07 GMT
#523
On June 15 2009 04:29 Vedic wrote:
Doomfish, how did you get the fondant to shape so well and harden?


Is that fondant? I never knew fondant could be sculpted like that, i thought it was softer and less brittle/crumby.

If it is, please consider this a huge compliment.
DoomFish
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany19 Posts
June 14 2009 21:13 GMT
#524
On June 15 2009 06:07 blapsd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2009 04:29 Vedic wrote:
Doomfish, how did you get the fondant to shape so well and harden?


Is that fondant? I never knew fondant could be sculpted like that, i thought it was softer and less brittle/crumby.

If it is, please consider this a huge compliment.


It is fondant. With alot of powdered sugar knead in. That way you can only work on it when it's heated up in the microwave. At room temperature it will harden again.
Also it's quite delicious, with all the sugar. ;D
We are the Swarm. But we are becoming much, much more. Like... cake.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
June 14 2009 21:21 GMT
#525
are you an experienced baker or something?
Administrator
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
June 14 2009 21:25 GMT
#526
If I were Blizzard I would definatly put some of these on their homepage.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
June 14 2009 21:26 GMT
#527
On June 15 2009 05:59 B-612 wrote:
So here is my entry into the Cake/edible Starcraft object. Originally I was going to make a Siege tank being torn to pieces by a hydra made of marzipan (the clay of the baking world) I needed to use my parents oven to bake the 5 sheets of brownie I was using to construct the base of the cake but an unfortunate event would see a different fierce monster tear the siege tank apart, my parents’ dog.

I lieu of a thoroughly disgusting pile of brownies and icing being eaten by the Hydra I’ve chosen to just enter my painstakingly carved Hydralisk, on a single sheet of brownie that I had planned on using as the turret for my tank.

I’m really impressed with the caliber and quantity of cake people where willing to field, best of luck to the lot of you and I certainly hope we all paid attention to the TL forum rules and had a lot of fun.

Perhaps its immature of me but I have omitted a ton of the basic construction stuff but they all seemed to look like wang if you lot want I can post some of my under construction pictures.

Here is a shot of the torso mid carving
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Here is a shot of one of the arms while I’m working on some detail stuff
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The final product and a really tired bum hoping for a beta key
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


One final shot
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I could very well have been late entering the contest Oh well I had fun and enjoyed this epic display of baking prowess.


This one is very nice!
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Jazo
Profile Joined June 2009
Croatia1 Post
June 14 2009 21:38 GMT
#528
Hi all!
I made this Starcraft cheesecake with my girlfriend and I hope you like it.

so... The making of...

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
]Making of...


The final product!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]


I would give 2nd beta key to my girlfriend because she is also a huge fan of Starcraft!
Mobius
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1268 Posts
June 14 2009 21:47 GMT
#529
these are all so totally good omfg.
Entusman #51
Chu Chi
Profile Joined June 2009
United States2 Posts
June 14 2009 22:37 GMT
#530
Here is my cake. Everything is edible with the exception of the one toothpick to hold up the overlord. I made a red velvet cake with white frosting. The creep, forge, cannons and probe are all made out of marzipan, the overlord is taffy and Twizzlers, and the crystals and pylon are Jolly Ranchers. Enjoy!

[image loading]


[image loading]


Here are the rest of the pics from my process:
HERE
Its a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake!
Hypnotikdel
Profile Joined April 2009
United States333 Posts
June 14 2009 22:43 GMT
#531
there are soooo many pro cakes.... I feel bad for anyone who doesn't get one, but the 3 that stand out in my mind that are the best are: Vincze01's Cake; Pape's cake; Vedic & Wife Marinecake.

close follow ups are: Kalectotite's cake and Geomade's cake
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
June 14 2009 22:49 GMT
#532
I am so glad I don't have to jud-

Oshit.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 14 2009 23:00 GMT
#533
When do we learn the results? The wait is killing me! Hopefully some more cakes are posted by the deadline to force Blizzard to give us more keys.
good luck have fun!
airen
Profile Joined September 2004
Sweden82 Posts
June 14 2009 23:01 GMT
#534
Here is mine and Tox's drone cake.
We had a lot of fun making it

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


[image loading]


Spawning time:

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]

Off to work!

Link to album
helvetica
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1 Post
June 14 2009 23:04 GMT
#535
Hello TL! Here is my Kerrigan cake:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Cakes covered with fondant:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

An eyeball, pre-painting with water and food coloring.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Kerrigan as a baldy:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

And the authentic pic:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-14 23:09:54
June 14 2009 23:06 GMT
#536
wow they are just rolling in last minute arent they ahaha! thats the tastiest drone i've ever seen :D

edit: we are at 50 fenomenol cakes now for 3 spots!!!!!!!
good luck have fun!
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-14 23:13:19
June 14 2009 23:13 GMT
#537
On June 15 2009 08:01 airen wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]




Oh snap!
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
June 14 2009 23:55 GMT
#538
Doomfish/GF and Vedic & Wife... just wow. You guys have some ridiculous baking skills.
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
June 15 2009 00:42 GMT
#539
On June 15 2009 06:13 DoomFish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2009 06:07 blapsd wrote:
On June 15 2009 04:29 Vedic wrote:
Doomfish, how did you get the fondant to shape so well and harden?


Is that fondant? I never knew fondant could be sculpted like that, i thought it was softer and less brittle/crumby.

If it is, please consider this a huge compliment.


It is fondant. With alot of powdered sugar knead in. That way you can only work on it when it's heated up in the microwave. At room temperature it will harden again.
Also it's quite delicious, with all the sugar. ;D


We didn't have issues with ours hardening, but more like not hardening - we couldn't get it to keep any minor details without returning to it's original shape. Should we just try to keep kneading in more powdered sugar, or is there more to it?
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
June 15 2009 00:48 GMT
#540
Also, welcome to all the 1 post users in this thread. Great contributions to start off your posting here.
Administrator
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 260
Rex91
WardiTV89
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 16173
StarCastTV_EN361
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 349
Lowko294
ProTech120
Rex 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11499
EffOrt 5603
BeSt 1719
ZerO 1172
Larva 887
Hyuk 840
Horang2 800
Hyun 275
Zeus 259
Light 199
[ Show more ]
Stork 198
Killer 197
Barracks 126
Rush 81
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 37
Bale 29
Mong 27
Terrorterran 24
Sacsri 20
PianO 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
sorry 9
Noble 8
HiyA 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 779
Dendi544
League of Legends
KnowMe39
Counter-Strike
byalli966
x6flipin20
Other Games
singsing1924
olofmeister1431
crisheroes261
Sick177
Pyrionflax150
Mew2King46
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 215
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH296
• StrangeGG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1930
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 57m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.