• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:32
CEST 22:32
KST 05:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8615 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 25

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 112 Next
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
August 11 2011 18:52 GMT
#481
Can somebody explain to me why Chaox gets Wriggles on a whole bunch of AD carries now? It seems like CandyPanda does this too.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
August 11 2011 18:56 GMT
#482
Penta with tristana. Third penta with an ad carry overall (the other two being twitch and miss fortune). Carried a game in ranked lololol.
hi
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 11 2011 18:56 GMT
#483
Kinda self-explanatory. Madred's proc makes for easy last hit and when you want to really push the lane to shove the tower. Freebie ward.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
August 11 2011 18:58 GMT
#484
How do you kill a jax lategame if you don't have an Udyr/nasus/5 Exausts on your team? I tried going for a SotD, but every time i focused Jax, i killed him but then the entire team killed me and we were back to square one.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 11 2011 19:01 GMT
#485
LeBonk, bonk him so hard, kill 2 hits everytime.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
August 11 2011 19:02 GMT
#486
On August 12 2011 03:52 arnath wrote:
Can somebody explain to me why Chaox gets Wriggles on a whole bunch of AD carries now? It seems like CandyPanda does this too.


It's one of the most cost effective items in the game even excluding the proc and active. What carry doesn't want ad, armor, and lifesteal?
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 11 2011 19:08 GMT
#487
Nuke him down with your casters?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 11 2011 19:09 GMT
#488
if you arent going to be in range of burst casters wriggles is basically the same as buying a bunch of dorans, except it takes less slots. You trade flat hp for armor and some more lifesteal. Dorans are considerably more efficient overall but they get weaker as the game goes on whereas wriggles is like a gp5 item, and it scales better since you won't have to sell off pieces.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 19:14:48
August 11 2011 19:12 GMT
#489
On August 12 2011 04:02 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 03:52 arnath wrote:
Can somebody explain to me why Chaox gets Wriggles on a whole bunch of AD carries now? It seems like CandyPanda does this too.


It's one of the most cost effective items in the game even excluding the proc and active. What carry doesn't want ad, armor, and lifesteal?

The main argument against it is that it competes with 3 DBlade, which gives a better mix of similar stats (HP is typically a better EHP stat than armor/MR initially on AD carries because of their low base HP and minimal HP itemization, more AD is better than more lifesteal earlier), has better baseline cost-effectiveness (Wriggles is ~2125g worth of stats for 1600g while 3xDBlade is ~2375g worth of stats for 1425g) and builds better incrementally (having 1 DBlade is better than having Cloth/Longsword/Vamp, and having 2 DBlade is better than having Longsword+Vamp or just Razors--if you get 2DBlades or Razors and then have enough for BF Sword on your next blue pill, it's super awkward if you got the Razors cuz its really not doing anything).

The arguments for it are that the ward lets you eventually catch up on cost-effectiveness, the proc gives you superior creep/neutral control, Wriggle's only takes up 1 slot, and in AD+Support vs. AD+Support duo lanes, armor might actually be better to have than HP.

I think it's a neat buy for the creep control benefits, but you need to reason a bit farther than "get it cuz the stats are good" because for just the stats, there are definitely items that compete with it.
Moderator
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
August 11 2011 19:17 GMT
#490
On August 12 2011 02:34 Mogwai wrote:
Just in case anyone was thinking of playing Karma this patch, do so with this in mind: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1081112

It really sucks, I was raging about it on stream yesterday cause it's really detrimental to her play.

Why you no message me. I go test this bug and if I can replicate it I go speak directly with Riot. No need to post on Forums.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 19:19:50
August 11 2011 19:19 GMT
#491
He gets Wriggles because ranged ADs don't do jack shit with autoattacks until very late into the game these days. Rather pick up an ezmode farm/sustain item.

Well he probably doesn't think that's why he does it.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
August 11 2011 19:23 GMT
#492
On August 12 2011 04:17 MoonBear wrote:
Why you no message me. I go test this bug and if I can replicate it I go speak directly with Riot. No need to post on Forums.

Hm ... I posted about this on the bug report forums but I guess I'll mention it here too:

I was playing Fiddlesticks yesterday and was casting my ult when I got knocked up by Wukong's ult. When this happened, my hero completely disappeared off the screen (hitting space brought me to the empty space where I used to be). After a few seconds, I fell back down on to the screen from what seemed like a really high height and then couldn't move or do anything for a few more seconds before I regained control of my hero.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 11 2011 19:26 GMT
#493
On August 12 2011 04:23 arnath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 04:17 MoonBear wrote:
Why you no message me. I go test this bug and if I can replicate it I go speak directly with Riot. No need to post on Forums.

Hm ... I posted about this on the bug report forums but I guess I'll mention it here too:

I was playing Fiddlesticks yesterday and was casting my ult when I got knocked up by Wukong's ult. When this happened, my hero completely disappeared off the screen (hitting space brought me to the empty space where I used to be). After a few seconds, I fell back down on to the screen from what seemed like a really high height and then couldn't move or do anything for a few more seconds before I regained control of my hero.

This has been around for a while and happens occasionally with pretty much every knockup effect in the game.
Moderator
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
August 11 2011 19:26 GMT
#494
arnath that's been a glitch for months, it's extremely rare
i think it's the equivalent of a "crit" on a knock-up skill
once every blue moon you are knocked completely off the screen for several seconds
don't know if this is intended
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
August 11 2011 19:27 GMT
#495
With regards to Wriggles, I just feel like 2-3 Dblades is a better use of your early game money because it gives you more damage and gives you HP rather than armor (which I would argue is more useful on a ranged carry). Also, the Dblades are more or less filler items - an early game HP buffer that you can then sell easily late game when you get better items (where I think Wriggles is less "easy" to sell because you're giving up more in one item slot). Also the Wriggles proc is effectively irrelevant on an AD carry unless you're trying to push the lane early for some reason (and even then, most of them have a good way of pushing the lane even without a random chance to kill a creep instantly).
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 11 2011 19:29 GMT
#496
On August 12 2011 04:17 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 02:34 Mogwai wrote:
Just in case anyone was thinking of playing Karma this patch, do so with this in mind: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1081112

It really sucks, I was raging about it on stream yesterday cause it's really detrimental to her play.

Why you no message me. I go test this bug and if I can replicate it I go speak directly with Riot. No need to post on Forums.

You kind of need to post about it on the forums or the Karma players will get screwed over when they try to flash-E for a kill and die.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
August 11 2011 19:35 GMT
#497
Thanks Smash for the heads up. Was planning on playing some Karma tonight but now I'll have to be more careful.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 19:38:35
August 11 2011 19:35 GMT
#498
This happened to me causing me to lose first blood against brand in ranked =/ he didn't kill me but all the same I lost it.

On August 12 2011 04:19 spinesheath wrote:
He gets Wriggles because ranged ADs don't do jack shit with autoattacks until very late into the game these days. Rather pick up an ezmode farm/sustain item.

Well he probably doesn't think that's why he does it.


Oh don't be so bitter.I played ashe today and I never play AD carries and I was getting owned by caitlyn sona with ashe/janna but a couple arrows with ganks and I got 5 kills and did shit loads of damage. Shit was so OP. Your auto attacks are only weak vs tanks, squishies get hurt all the time but I suppose thats got something to do with laninging vs 2 squishies lol.

Wriggles sounds like a good alternative to DBlades in a lane with janna actually.
However don't do it with Marten The Blind in your team so you don't have to sell your shit.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
August 11 2011 19:37 GMT
#499
On August 12 2011 04:27 arnath wrote:
With regards to Wriggles, I just feel like 2-3 Dblades is a better use of your early game money because it gives you more damage and gives you HP rather than armor (which I would argue is more useful on a ranged carry). Also, the Dblades are more or less filler items - an early game HP buffer that you can then sell easily late game when you get better items (where I think Wriggles is less "easy" to sell because you're giving up more in one item slot). Also the Wriggles proc is effectively irrelevant on an AD carry unless you're trying to push the lane early for some reason (and even then, most of them have a good way of pushing the lane even without a random chance to kill a creep instantly).


They're slightly better early on if you need the extra health to survive burst, but if you can make it through the early game the two extra item slots are well worth your troubles. The only downside is when you're slightly short of finishing an important item or can't quite afford an elixir and you won't have a Doran's to sell to get easy money, but you save on wards so it's a tradeoff once again.

Kinda forces you to open boots though unless you're gonna try to do longsword or cloth and pot openings, although opening boots keeps both paths open until your first back.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 19:39:41
August 11 2011 19:39 GMT
#500
On August 12 2011 04:17 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 02:34 Mogwai wrote:
Just in case anyone was thinking of playing Karma this patch, do so with this in mind: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1081112

It really sucks, I was raging about it on stream yesterday cause it's really detrimental to her play.

Why you no message me. I go test this bug and if I can replicate it I go speak directly with Riot. No need to post on Forums.

uhhh, cause I didn't know that's how things worked :p.

So here are the two Smash bugs:

1. Pick Karma with flash
Hit R
Flash
Use shield

Flash eats your mantra and your shield doesn't get powered up. Really really really sucks for Karma players. New to this patch.

2. Pick Udyr WITH HIS DEFAULT SKIN
Pick some stance
Use that stance
Look at that skill's CD (spoiler: it doesn't go on CD)

This lets you do some dirty stuff with Udyr at level 1 like keeping monkey's agility up in the jungle or double proccing Tiger on someone in lane. Really random and stupid that it only works on the default skin, but this has been around for like months and months now.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 104
JuggernautJason19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
Dewaltoss 112
firebathero 94
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 33
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever219
Counter-Strike
edward835
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS132
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3488
Liquid`Hasu2181
Other Games
summit1g6828
B2W.Neo635
shahzam409
byalli385
ToD185
KnowMe151
C9.Mang0143
Railgan16
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur280
• WagamamaTV271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 28m
Stellar Fest
16h 28m
Stellar Fest
16h 28m
Stellar Fest
16h 28m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.