• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:45
CEST 04:45
KST 11:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8652 users

Anna Prosser for Miss USA - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 63 Next
Religion threads are banned on TL. Further derailment will be met with immediate permanent bans.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
June 12 2011 22:24 GMT
#861
On June 13 2011 07:21 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 07:17 Starcraftplaylist wrote:
On June 13 2011 07:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
On June 13 2011 07:05 lisN wrote:
On June 13 2011 06:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
Not sure why this changes anything about supporting her?

Support her as she has helped the community, not based on views that have 0 effect on E-Sports or her contributions.

This is no different than your views on Pageants and their worth. Even if you don't support pageants, don't you support someone who can only be an advantage and propeller to StarCraft II and this community?

Godwin's law inc: Would you support her if she was a nazi and pro racial segregation because the views she holds have nothing to do with E-Sports? I'm not implying that what she said it is the same or should be treated equally but the argument is just not valid. For some people it does make a difference for some it doesn't.


If her views actually had any weight or power, then no I wouldn't.
If her views actually harmed, caused the death or mistreatment of others, then no I wouldn't.

Anything else?


Do you really think a persons believes are harmless unless they can act on them in a direct way?


I don't think I said that. Did I?

I said I'd support her due to an aspect I respect. If her views had any of the above, then I wouldn't.

I don't see where I said a person's beliefs were harmless if not acted upon them. I'm purely speaking from a support or unsupportive stance, not what one's beliefs, values or moral are or are not.

Well, if people continuously said that Earth is flat despite a crushing amount of evidence of the contrary, science would be slowed down. I think it's somewhat harmful in a way.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 12 2011 22:26 GMT
#862
On June 13 2011 07:24 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 07:21 Torte de Lini wrote:
On June 13 2011 07:17 Starcraftplaylist wrote:
On June 13 2011 07:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
On June 13 2011 07:05 lisN wrote:
On June 13 2011 06:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
Not sure why this changes anything about supporting her?

Support her as she has helped the community, not based on views that have 0 effect on E-Sports or her contributions.

This is no different than your views on Pageants and their worth. Even if you don't support pageants, don't you support someone who can only be an advantage and propeller to StarCraft II and this community?

Godwin's law inc: Would you support her if she was a nazi and pro racial segregation because the views she holds have nothing to do with E-Sports? I'm not implying that what she said it is the same or should be treated equally but the argument is just not valid. For some people it does make a difference for some it doesn't.


If her views actually had any weight or power, then no I wouldn't.
If her views actually harmed, caused the death or mistreatment of others, then no I wouldn't.

Anything else?


Do you really think a persons believes are harmless unless they can act on them in a direct way?


I don't think I said that. Did I?

I said I'd support her due to an aspect I respect. If her views had any of the above, then I wouldn't.

I don't see where I said a person's beliefs were harmless if not acted upon them. I'm purely speaking from a support or unsupportive stance, not what one's beliefs, values or moral are or are not.

Well, if people continuously said that Earth is flat despite a crushing amount of evidence of the contrary, science would be slowed down. I think it's somewhat harmful in a way.


To them, individually? Yep, but to what extent? Does it affect their job, how to raise their kids (a little bit here), how they socialize, etc.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
June 12 2011 22:28 GMT
#863
I don't get the fuss in this thread.

Anna stated that evolution should be taught in school along with other theories. She never said "God created the world, people, trees, etc. and that religion be the only thing taught"

As for her believing in intelligent design, who gives a fuck? I bet there's people in the world who believe in intelligent design and have done far more in the world than the community here. It's there belief, let them be...
Fantasy is a beast
Spaceball
Profile Joined November 2007
United States213 Posts
June 12 2011 22:28 GMT
#864
I saw this a little late, but voted (x10).
AnalThermometer
Profile Joined February 2011
Vatican City State334 Posts
June 12 2011 22:51 GMT
#865
Well personally I'd like to hear Anna Prosser explain how the Zerg race exists what with them having those evolution chambers.
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 23:10:56
June 12 2011 23:03 GMT
#866
On June 13 2011 07:28 Housemd wrote:
I don't get the fuss in this thread.

Anna stated that evolution should be taught in school along with other theories. She never said "God created the world, people, trees, etc. and that religion be the only thing taught"

As for her believing in intelligent design, who gives a fuck? I bet there's people in the world who believe in intelligent design and have done far more in the world than the community here. It's there belief, let them be...

I don't think you've heard the history of the seemingly inoccuous phrase "alongside other theories" and the intelligent design movement as a whole. It's not just a personal belief, so much as a movement to shoehorn creationism into the classroom under the pretext that it's scientifically legitimate as 'another theory'.

I don't particularly blame Anna for being sucked in by it, but people have a right to discuss it, and to judge her for it.

EDIT: All the same, Incontrol's point is valid. Religious debates on TL (or indeed the interwebs) never go anywhere worthwhile.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
ArturosII
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia54 Posts
June 12 2011 23:16 GMT
#867
If people want to rage about this they should go find a miss usa forum or something to rage in. Or even find someway to rage at the people who chose the question. The question was the major problem. Most of the other contestants just went something along the lines of 'uh what? Yeah?'.

I wish her the best of luck and hope she wins! Goo Anna.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy but I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
June 12 2011 23:16 GMT
#868
On June 13 2011 08:03 Alethios wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 07:28 Housemd wrote:
I don't get the fuss in this thread.

Anna stated that evolution should be taught in school along with other theories. She never said "God created the world, people, trees, etc. and that religion be the only thing taught"

As for her believing in intelligent design, who gives a fuck? I bet there's people in the world who believe in intelligent design and have done far more in the world than the community here. It's there belief, let them be...

I don't think you've heard the history of the seemingly inoccuous phrase "alongside other theories" and the intelligent design movement as a whole. It's not just a personal belief, so much as a movement to shoehorn creationism into the classroom under the pretext that it's scientifically legitimate as 'another theory'.

I don't particularly blame Anna for being sucked in by it, but people have a right to discuss it, and to judge her for it.

EDIT: All the same, Incontrol's point is valid. Religious debates on TL (or indeed the interwebs) never go anywhere worthwhile.


Oh wow, I really didn't know about the history. But still, I think we're being a little too harsh on Anna. It's her beliefs and people are just bashing her.

And yea, these religious debates are completely unnecessary and get us nowhere. Believe in Allah, Jesus, Yahweh, etc. I really don't care so as long as you don't impose your beliefs on someone who doesn't want to hear them or give them any merit.
Fantasy is a beast
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
June 12 2011 23:33 GMT
#869
On June 13 2011 08:16 Housemd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 08:03 Alethios wrote:
On June 13 2011 07:28 Housemd wrote:
I don't get the fuss in this thread.

Anna stated that evolution should be taught in school along with other theories. She never said "God created the world, people, trees, etc. and that religion be the only thing taught"

As for her believing in intelligent design, who gives a fuck? I bet there's people in the world who believe in intelligent design and have done far more in the world than the community here. It's there belief, let them be...

I don't think you've heard the history of the seemingly inoccuous phrase "alongside other theories" and the intelligent design movement as a whole. It's not just a personal belief, so much as a movement to shoehorn creationism into the classroom under the pretext that it's scientifically legitimate as 'another theory'.

I don't particularly blame Anna for being sucked in by it, but people have a right to discuss it, and to judge her for it.

EDIT: All the same, Incontrol's point is valid. Religious debates on TL (or indeed the interwebs) never go anywhere worthwhile.


Oh wow, I really didn't know about the history. But still, I think we're being a little too harsh on Anna. It's her beliefs and people are just bashing her.

And yea, these religious debates are completely unnecessary and get us nowhere. Believe in Allah, Jesus, Yahweh, etc. I really don't care so as long as you don't impose your beliefs on someone who doesn't want to hear them or give them any merit.

Absolutely.

Anna is a great part of the community and deserves our support. People are allowing themselves to get worked up about religion in general when the only point that needs to be made here is that we do not support her views on intelligent design being taught in schools.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
toadyy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom179 Posts
June 12 2011 23:42 GMT
#870
She has entered a personality / beauty contest, she puts herself out there. Deserves to get scrutinised, and for the people who say "who cares?". Well people need to care because teaching kids these sort of nonsensical fairy tales as reality is child abuse. I wish Anna well but I can't vote for someone with such a deluded and non-progressive set of ideologies.
DiaBoLuS
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany1638 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 23:58:34
June 12 2011 23:47 GMT
#871
going through the streets, i find more attractive a woman every minute. Not saying she doesnt look good obv.

being related to TL and Sc2 doesnt change that.


Just my opinion, whoever wants to support her shall do so.



€: Evolution is not a theory, its a fact. Even the Vatican and the pope say that.

stupid americans will never learn :/

Any other "theory" is just as much of a bullshit as the racist "theorys" of the Nazis where. 0 proof, 0 sense, but hey, stupid followers everywhere!

€2: Intelligent Design... I dont even have words for such stupidity. simply makes me angry and i think i wouldnt even be able to talk ppl who think of it as "another theory just like the evolution". no words, honestly. just pure anger
European Ranking: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=182293
Sinap
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
June 12 2011 23:54 GMT
#872
On June 13 2011 08:47 DiaBoLuS wrote:
going through the streets, i find more attractive a woman every minute.


I would love to know where these streets are. Every minute? Really?
Samhax
Profile Joined August 2010
1054 Posts
June 12 2011 23:56 GMT
#873
On June 13 2011 08:47 DiaBoLuS wrote:
going through the streets, i find more attractive a woman every minute. Not saying she doesnt look good obv.

being related to TL and Sc2 doesnt change that.


Just my opinion, whoever wants to support her shall do so.



€: Evolution is not a theory, its a fact. Even the Vatican and the pope say that.

stupid americans will never learn :/

Any other "theory" is just as much of a bullshit as the racist "theorys" of the Nazis where. 0 proof, 0 sense, but hey, stupid followers everywhere!


I was hesitant but if the Vatican and the pope say so, then it must be true! Thank your for the information!
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
June 12 2011 23:57 GMT
#874
On June 13 2011 08:54 Sinap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 08:47 DiaBoLuS wrote:
going through the streets, i find more attractive a woman every minute.


I would love to know where these streets are. Every minute? Really?

Germany.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
DiaBoLuS
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany1638 Posts
June 13 2011 00:01 GMT
#875
lets make it every 5 minute and i could go into pretty much every huge city in europe and do that^^

but thats not the point of my post at all :/
European Ranking: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=182293
QuasarStarcraft
Profile Joined November 2010
United States46 Posts
June 13 2011 00:03 GMT
#876
I respect the fact that it is your opinion but I'm glad that she has the guts to say what she believes and that we live in an amazing country that allows us to believe whatever we want. Personally I'm a fan of intelligent design but hey no big deal people will believe what they feel is right and I agree that arguing religion and beliefs on the internet is silly and doesn't go anywhere worthwhile.

Anna I support you 100% and you totally have my vote Keep it up hope you win!!!!!
"If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling" -My Roommate
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
June 13 2011 00:10 GMT
#877
On June 13 2011 09:01 DiaBoLuS wrote:
lets make it every 5 minute and i could go into pretty much every huge city in europe and do that^^


EU > NA debates are all you live for right?
Kevmeister @ Dota2
oniman999
Profile Joined May 2011
United States169 Posts
June 13 2011 00:14 GMT
#878
So yeah, back to what this thread is about...
I've voted for ya 30 times (soon to be 40) Anna, and I thought your answers to those stupid questions were as good as anyone could answer. Sound effects? really? Also iNc, my parents are going out to vegas on the 17th, and now I wish I was going with them. Would be awesome to meet you, but I'll be attending MLG Raleigh so there's always then. GL Anna!
Nightfly
Profile Joined May 2011
150 Posts
June 13 2011 00:22 GMT
#879
On June 13 2011 08:57 Alethios wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 08:54 Sinap wrote:
On June 13 2011 08:47 DiaBoLuS wrote:
going through the streets, i find more attractive a woman every minute.


I would love to know where these streets are. Every minute? Really?

Germany.


LOL
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 00:37:10
June 13 2011 00:32 GMT
#880
On June 13 2011 09:01 DiaBoLuS wrote:
lets make it every 5 minute and i could go into pretty much every huge city in europe and do that^^

but thats not the point of my post at all :/
Well, she doesn't do it for you. We all have different tastes.

I think she has a ton of personality, and as Samuel L. Jackson said, "Personality goes a long way". I find her very charming as well.

But vote for someone else then.
LiangHao
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 138
ProTech136
FoxeR 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1873
Shuttle 1465
Artosis 597
Dewaltoss 51
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3803
Counter-Strike
taco 549
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox584
Other Games
summit1g8246
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0300
ViBE123
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.