• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8654 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 322 Next
DROPPINBOMBS
Profile Joined April 2010
United States312 Posts
November 22 2010 23:37 GMT
#821
I feel as though this discussion went well for the first 25 or so pages, but its a lot, who drinks the most, whose your favorite BW player, and who on the TL staff can kick the shit out of who.

I'd like to know if this wasn't a starcraft website, would it be a strategy forum for any other game? Example: C&C, Diablo, WC3, Red-Alert?
Ideas are bullet-proof.
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
November 22 2010 23:49 GMT
#822
Hot_Bid, I heard that you go to my school. Why don't you join our CSL team? Our members have weekly meetings at the League for LAN SC2, CSL matches, and will probably start playing Brood War as well.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
XaI)CyRiC
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4471 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 23:53:44
November 22 2010 23:53 GMT
#823
On November 23 2010 08:37 DROPPINBOMBS wrote:
I feel as though this discussion went well for the first 25 or so pages, but its a lot, who drinks the most, whose your favorite BW player, and who on the TL staff can kick the shit out of who.

I'd like to know if this wasn't a starcraft website, would it be a strategy forum for any other game? Example: C&C, Diablo, WC3, Red-Alert?


That's kind of impossible to answer. If TL wasn't about SC, it would arguably be a completely different website. The content, founding members, community, etc. would all be different if it were built around another game. This site was built around a common interest in SC and its progaming scene, which are quite unique unto themselves.
Moderator
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
November 22 2010 23:55 GMT
#824
On November 23 2010 07:44 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 07:34 Ares[EffOrt] wrote:
There are 9 interviews in total done 21st and 22nd, 4 threads each with 2 besides the OSL one which had 3, GSL had 5.

The PL weekly thread is for PL only, and that's like 9-10 interviews. There isn't a compilation thread for the individual leagues in BW (although I think there should be). A week of GSL would be like 25 interviews, so it's split up by day instead.

EDIT: and here's a question for the thread:
Do we have an ETA on the next PL recap? (and if not, is there any way I can help write it? :3)

the best way to help is to fly to france and dig out snowdrift from whatever rock that he is currently under
Moderator。◕‿◕。
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 23:59:56
November 22 2010 23:59 GMT
#825
On November 23 2010 08:37 DROPPINBOMBS wrote:
I feel as though this discussion went well for the first 25 or so pages, but its a lot, who drinks the most, whose your favorite BW player, and who on the TL staff can kick the shit out of who.

I'd like to know if this wasn't a starcraft website, would it be a strategy forum for any other game? Example: C&C, Diablo, WC3, Red-Alert?

[image loading]
Real men don't answer hypotheticals.


+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133144
Translator:3
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
November 22 2010 23:59 GMT
#826
On November 23 2010 08:49 iamke55 wrote:
Hot_Bid, I heard that you go to my school. Why don't you join our CSL team? Our members have weekly meetings at the League for LAN SC2, CSL matches, and will probably start playing Brood War as well.

If you mean UM, yes I went there for law school. But I graduated last spring! Before that I definitely met and played a good amount of CSL with the UM team, especially Funnytoss and Nubster. It was fun times, but now that I've graduated I don't keep in touch as much.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 00:06:09
November 23 2010 00:04 GMT
#827
Aesop: Is that a new user icon, or have I just never noticed the red aura around it before? Looks pretty damn sweet, though.

EDIT: The icon I'm talking about, for reference: [image loading]
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 00:08:02
November 23 2010 00:05 GMT
#828
On November 23 2010 08:07 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 07:49 Ares[EffOrt] wrote:
Yea I get what you mean, but the individual leagues don't get a headline as you said theres not even a compilation.

now there is lol

MSL
Group 1 Winners
Group 2 Winners
Group 3 Winners
Group 4 Winners
Group 5 Winners
Group 6 Winners

OSL
Group A Winner
Group B Winner
Group C Winner
Groups D, E Winners
Group F Winner
Groups G, H, I Winners

the major problem is that OSL and MSL don't have enough interviews per day to be grouped by day, but they're not cleanly divided into weeks like PL.

I wouldn't mind each group day interview being news'd, but the issue is communication mostly. We don't have someone constantly checking to organize this. I started the PL aggregation links because I felt our translators needed some headlines. I don't mind making a thread with aggregation links like this, I just feel that it should be more of a BW-coverage team driven thing. Any of the coverage writers can news, ditto with Mods. If any of the translators (or more importantly the translation team heads) PM someone that can do it, I'm sure it'd be news'd.

A lot of issues like this can be solved by simply taking the time to communicate with people rather than just sitting and hoping it gets fixed. For instance, Ares[Effort], did you PM a staff member about it when you discovered the issue? What did they say?
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
xAPOCALYPSEx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
1418 Posts
November 23 2010 06:42 GMT
#829
To the mods: Who do you guys have your eye on for a perm ban who has been a long time poster? (~1000 posts at least).

I guess the question is who is the worst long-time poster?
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 23 2010 07:07 GMT
#830
On November 23 2010 15:42 xAPOCALYPSEx wrote:
To the mods: Who do you guys have your eye on for a perm ban who has been a long time poster? (~1000 posts at least).

I guess the question is who is the worst long-time poster?


This actually happens kind of frequently (once every 2-6 months?)

Check the ban list
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Archmage
Profile Joined November 2008
United States169 Posts
November 23 2010 07:07 GMT
#831
It's a zombie apocalypse and the only remaining humans on earth are the Team Liquid staff members. You only have 2 guns, 2 swords, and a rocket launcher. Who do you give them to?
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 07:13:46
November 23 2010 07:12 GMT
#832
On November 19 2010 06:04 okuraku wrote:
Technical question.. is it possible to get the things that are featured on the front page into an RSS feed reader like Google Reader? I'm talking about TL news (which I have now) community highlights/news, and the Spotlights section. I find all of these great tools to see what threads I should check when I haven't been on TL in a couple days


http://teamliquid.net/rss/news.xml

otherwise, post in website feedback...I remember seeing a couple posts there earlier, or use the search function, I think there are probably ~20 threads on the topic with various people trying things. R1CH might have fixed it recently
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 24 2010 07:41 GMT
#833
Can we get a spoiler on what's coming up that's so big that it needs an HQ to house?
Translator:3
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
November 24 2010 07:49 GMT
#834
Incontrol from were did you got the ideas for the Idra GSL preliminar Interview? XD was so damn awesome
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
November 24 2010 07:57 GMT
#835
top of my head tbh
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 24 2010 08:51 GMT
#836
On November 22 2010 12:04 mOnion wrote:
when will I get admin status?

We already have a mascot, sorry.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-24 10:10:34
November 24 2010 09:18 GMT
#837
I know I'm kind of inconspicuous, but do I piss off anyone on the Staff specifically?

And will events such as another TSL be possible/plausible for Broodwar, in the future? I know SC2 has a fanbase much more massive than BW at the moment, but is another huge event possible for BW? (Yes I do realize that good BW players are practically extinct outside of Korea, but I'd still like to know TL's official stance on BW )
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
November 24 2010 10:04 GMT
#838
Would it be possible to get some sort of filter for the Tournaments section that tallies the total prize money for competed tournaments? Just thought that'd be an interesting stat to be able to know/chart.

Also, what have some of the staffs favourite innovations/upgrades to TL? Userstreams? When TL got a voice chat server?
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-24 15:22:35
November 24 2010 15:16 GMT
#839
When will we have a poll that deals with the BW proscene again? We haven't had one in over 5 months...and that last one was "How Many SC1 OSLs Left?"...an encouraging and interesting polls for this segment of the TL population.

Some suggestions: Royal road candidates (Afrotoss!)
Which team will recover from the missteps from SPL R1?
Another FvJ finals? Or who will displace them?

On November 23 2010 07:44 infinitestory wrote:
The PL weekly thread is for PL only, and that's like 9-10 interviews. There isn't a compilation thread for the individual leagues in BW (although I think there should be). A week of GSL would be like 25 interviews, so it's split up by day instead.

Each PL "interview" has 4 players being interviewed, though (3 if someone double-wins in the ace match), so that's more like 40 for a more apples to apples comparison?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
mgj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
191 Posts
November 24 2010 22:09 GMT
#840
On November 13 2010 10:15 Chill wrote:
This thread is a strange world where people have no idea about anything on TL and just want to be part of the streaming party or something.

It's like walking by a store and getting free samples just because you can. And I hate it.


Quoted from the streaming thread. Is this a common feeling that other staff members share?
I can see why one would become annoyed having to approve/deny all those streams, but hating on people for providing content to the site seems a bit strange.

Disregarding the quality of the content, all they hope for is a little bit of e-fame and except for the work involved in adding the streams, the content is free. Seems like win-win to me.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1426
WardiTV670
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko455
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7035
Bisu 2278
Jaedong 965
EffOrt 513
Horang2 488
actioN 345
Mini 240
ZerO 199
Larva 145
ggaemo 130
[ Show more ]
Pusan 123
Mind 111
Barracks 87
Shinee 69
Bale 66
Hyun 61
Sea.KH 61
Sharp 60
Snow 60
Yoon 56
Killer 39
Dewaltoss 36
ToSsGirL 34
hero 32
NotJumperer 30
Sacsri 24
scan(afreeca) 20
sorry 20
zelot 16
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2698
qojqva1149
Dendi1044
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1132
markeloff162
Other Games
hiko493
B2W.Neo448
crisheroes321
DeMusliM231
Pyrionflax188
Livibee119
dupreeh99
QueenE77
Mew2King57
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV989
League of Legends
• Jankos1918
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 10m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.