• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:33
CEST 15:33
KST 22:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9717 users

[Interview] PDPop MST Group 1 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 22:37:17
November 11 2010 22:21 GMT
#1
Today's group 1 winners are...



(Z)Hydra!

[image loading]


Hite Entus's star zerg player was Effort, but he retired right before the 10-11 season. The player who will carry on his role is Hydra. He stated "I will try my best to fill-in Effort's gap" after making it onto MSL for the third time in a row.

Q You've made it to MSL for the third time in a row
A I'm happy that I made it. I never thought about not making it into round 36. I'm happy that I made it, but since I'm slumping in proleague, I don't think I will be as happy as before.

Q Since your best record is round of 16, what's your goal this season?
A Everyone's goal who moves onto round of 32 is to win the tournament. My initial goal is to make it onto quarterfinals so that I can get seeded, and then I will have new goals.

Q Your group seemed tough. How did you prepare for your matches today?
A I didn't practice the final map (Triathlon). I prepared the first match, thinking that I will definitely win. Recently, my mirror match up has been bad so I practiced a lot on the winner's bracket map with the mirror match up in my mind.

Q Your zergling run-by in winner's bracket was good.
A There was no gas in his natural, and he didn't have that many probes in his main either. Since I scouted and understood what my opponent was doing, I won easily.

Q You're the zerg star of Hite now. Don't you feel stressed due to the fact that you hae to fill-in Effort's spot?
A Every zerg on our team is practicing very hard so that we don't hear the words 'Hite's zerg line-up sucks without Effort.' Pretty soon, I think we will have a good record in matches. The only way to prove ourselves is to win more matches.
.
Q You were aggressive in both matches
A For the first match, Ssak's SCV died early and he made the command center in his natural openly. I thought that if I attacked, I would win no matter what. Second game was improvisation and it just worked out well.

Q Last words?
A My teammates fill up the most spots in MST right now. I want them to prepare well and perform well so that they won't regret anything.





(T)Ssak!

[image loading]


SK Telecom T1's Ssak beat Jangbi and made his MSL debut. Ssak didn't perform well despite many support from his teammates, so he thanked a lot of people. Ssak, whose goal is to make it into round of 16, said "I want Canata to make it also so that we can show SK Terran's power"


Q Your reaction for making a debut in MSL?
A I was perplexed when I lost the first match without doing anything. I only prepared zerg matches so I thought it would be hard for me to make it into MSL. I think I made it into MSL because I was lucky today.


Q Did you prepare up to final match?
A I only practice terran vs zerg since I thought that I was going to face a zerg player, even in the final match.

Q You were warned for not wearing your headset.
A I accidentally forgot to wear the headset when they abruptly started the match while I was warming my hands up. I didn't know what was going on, even when the referee entered PPP, until someone else told me what was going on.

Q You were very close to losing on the last two matches.
A I didn't think too much when I played Hoejja. Since I was relaxed by the time I played Jangbi, I felt okay.

Q What's your first MSL Goal?
A Since I'm new, I want to make it past round of 16. I'll think about the later stages after I pass round of 16.

Q Any last words?
A I need to thank many people. iloveoov game me many builds as well as advice. Many of my zerg teammates helped me out also. I also thank my parents and fans for cheering for me today. One of my friend's birthday is today, so I want to wish him happy birthday. Canata is playing in group two today, and I want him to make it into MSL so that we can show everyone SK Terran's power.


Congratulations to both players, and good luck in PDPop MSL!

Sources:
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=34962
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=34968
ppp
zenMaster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada761 Posts
November 11 2010 22:22 GMT
#2
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
November 11 2010 22:26 GMT
#3
so if stats is the chintoss

then hydra is the teethzerg
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
November 11 2010 22:28 GMT
#4
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
November 11 2010 22:28 GMT
#5
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?


im asian and my teeth look NOTHING like that

i'm around asian people 95% of my day, don't know where you came up with that one :s.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 11 2010 22:30 GMT
#6
Lol, his teeth loos horrible in that pic! XD

THanks for the translation!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
November 11 2010 22:31 GMT
#7
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?


that's pretty offensive
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Romantic
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1844 Posts
November 11 2010 22:31 GMT
#8
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?

Is it common for East Asians not to have dental work done?

My teeth are far from perfect, but I have nightmares about them being really crooked and shit.

SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 22:33:13
November 11 2010 22:31 GMT
#9
On November 12 2010 07:28 shawster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?


im asian and my teeth look NOTHING like that

i'm around asian people 95% of my day, don't know where you came up with that one :s.


You're living in a Western country.
The Asian continent dont care one bit how your teeth look like.

On November 12 2010 07:31 Romantic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?

Is it common for East Asians not to have dental work done?

My teeth are far from perfect, but I have nightmares about them being really crooked and shit.



Exactly. Face full of make up, but no money spent on dentists...

User was temp banned for this post.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
November 11 2010 22:33 GMT
#10
On November 12 2010 07:31 SuperArc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:28 shawster wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?


im asian and my teeth look NOTHING like that

i'm around asian people 95% of my day, don't know where you came up with that one :s.


You're living in a Western country.
The Asian continent dont care one bit how your teeth look like.


i've been to china quite a few times and their teeth have never been as bad as his

but i haven't been there since i was like 10 so maybe you're right
mevshero
Profile Joined December 2009
911 Posts
November 11 2010 22:39 GMT
#11
omg... first i thought his teeth were some kind of photo manipulation.. this looks really weird
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
November 11 2010 22:54 GMT
#12
Hydra has two snaggleteeth for which it seems he is wearing braces. And sometimes when you wear braces and you don't brush hard enough, it becomes a bit unsightly. But once his teeth straighten out, he should have a nice smile.

영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
November 11 2010 23:11 GMT
#13
On November 12 2010 07:26 shawster wrote:
so if stats is the chintoss

then hydra is the teethzerg


snaggletooth! lol
TL+ Member
Madder
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia427 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 23:18:14
November 11 2010 23:15 GMT
#14
On November 12 2010 07:31 SuperArc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:28 shawster wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?


im asian and my teeth look NOTHING like that

i'm around asian people 95% of my day, don't know where you came up with that one :s.


You're living in a Western country.
The Asian continent dont care one bit how your teeth look like.

Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 07:31 Romantic wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:28 SuperArc wrote:
On November 12 2010 07:22 zenMaster wrote:
What the Fuck is wrong with his teeth!


Typical Asian teeth.

Never seen an Asian all your life?

Is it common for East Asians not to have dental work done?

My teeth are far from perfect, but I have nightmares about them being really crooked and shit.



Exactly. Face full of make up, but no money spent on dentists...

Nice offensive assumption there.
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
November 11 2010 23:31 GMT
#15
At least he's trying to fix his teeth with braces

but in this instance, maybe a toothy grin wasn't the best for a picture
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
November 11 2010 23:31 GMT
#16
At least he has braces. He should probably avoid showing teeth in pics/interviews for awhile though lolol..
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 23:38:53
November 11 2010 23:38 GMT
#17
"typical asian teeth" my ass.

and thanks for interview ;D
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
November 12 2010 00:25 GMT
#18
Go Hydra!!! Glad to see he's winning games lol

SSak... We'll have to see. I guess he is ok. Too bad about jangbi though...
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
November 12 2010 00:47 GMT
#19
i spend a lot of time in asia - in korea their dental care is much more than in say, china, but still dentist/orthodontist treatment isn't as regular as it is in US, so people who chain smoke every day have real nasty teeth (same like in US)

ON TOPIC: good to see some new blood in MSL! I hope ssak does well
jaedong imba
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
November 12 2010 00:52 GMT
#20
Those teeth are fucking scary, hydra should have kept the closed mouth smile.

Anyway, he was the only one out of that group that deserved to make it out, the way they played.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1457
WardiTV693
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6344
Bisu 2396
Jaedong 1186
EffOrt 551
Horang2 413
actioN 400
Mini 338
ZerO 205
ggaemo 176
Larva 170
[ Show more ]
Mind 113
Pusan 89
Sea.KH 84
Yoon 81
Shinee 65
Sharp 63
Dewaltoss 57
Barracks 57
Bale 57
Snow 54
Hyun 48
hero 46
ToSsGirL 36
sorry 31
NotJumperer 22
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 18
Trap 13
Rock 10
zelot 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4002
qojqva2352
Dendi989
Counter-Strike
markeloff82
Other Games
olofmeister1158
hiko814
B2W.Neo576
Lowko361
crisheroes288
DeMusliM242
Pyrionflax192
Livibee153
Hui .126
Liquid`VortiX108
QueenE80
XBOCT61
Mew2King60
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV704
League of Legends
• Jankos1942
• Nemesis1712
• TFBlade492
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 27m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.