• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8883 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 322 Next
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
November 21 2010 17:00 GMT
#781
On November 19 2010 01:32 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 01:31 BlackMagister wrote:
So Chill banned a guy for cheating in SC2, I don't have anything against that ban, just wondering how far that kind of policy would go. Would you guys consider banning or temp banning someone for doing something offensive at a TL meeting or any SC event/gathering if a mod is there?

I think we already did that, we banned some guys from TL for skipping out on the check at a TL meetup in DC. No mods were there but it was confirmed by a bunch of people.


skipping out on a check, skipping out on paying at the lan center, ditching somebody 500 miles from home and stealing.

StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
November 21 2010 17:33 GMT
#782
What are my stats?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
November 21 2010 17:36 GMT
#783
If Nazgul commanded that another Banling be added to your ranks, who would the staff collectively nominate for the position?

Also, I assume there will eventually be more Banlings after a time. Do you guys have an ETA for this?
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 21 2010 17:50 GMT
#784
I want my stats too ;_;
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 17:52:12
November 21 2010 17:50 GMT
#785
On November 22 2010 01:46 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 08:57 fAnTaCy wrote:
What's the precise moment tl.net posting quality went downhill?

around when sc2 beta came out

Or close to that atleast then the sc2 forum was a nice place to go before that ;<


To be fair, A lot of posters early beta aren't so bad, but once April 21st rolled aorund and beta keys were given out, thats when thousands came in screaming for one, with one liners and XBL shit talk.

On November 22 2010 01:01 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
On November 16 2010 13:07 p4NDemik wrote:
On November 16 2010 12:23 n.DieJokes wrote:
If the entirety of the moderator forums (all posts past and present) were complied into one text document and I control f'd my name would there be any hits?

Two.

One report you made and one warning.

+1 to this question

One thread title and subsequent posts
One warning
Two times your name comes up in other warnings
Twice in a thread discussing various sc2 players
214 time you reported a post


+1 for me too

I'm afraid here though, I know I've been warned/banned on the upwards of 10-20 times combined T.T
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
November 21 2010 19:21 GMT
#786
On November 22 2010 02:50 ZlaSHeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 01:46 Iplaythings wrote:
On November 19 2010 08:57 fAnTaCy wrote:
What's the precise moment tl.net posting quality went downhill?

around when sc2 beta came out

Or close to that atleast then the sc2 forum was a nice place to go before that ;<


To be fair, A lot of posters early beta aren't so bad, but once April 21st rolled aorund and beta keys were given out, thats when thousands came in screaming for one, with one liners and XBL shit talk.

Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 01:01 micronesia wrote:
On November 21 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
On November 16 2010 13:07 p4NDemik wrote:
On November 16 2010 12:23 n.DieJokes wrote:
If the entirety of the moderator forums (all posts past and present) were complied into one text document and I control f'd my name would there be any hits?

Two.

One report you made and one warning.

+1 to this question

One thread title and subsequent posts
One warning
Two times your name comes up in other warnings
Twice in a thread discussing various sc2 players
214 time you reported a post


+1 for me too

I'm afraid here though, I know I've been warned/banned on the upwards of 10-20 times combined T.T

6 warnings, 3 bans, 1 reported post resulting in warning, 2 posts quoted in reports on other users, 3 posts quoted in mod discussions for varying reasons.
Moderator
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 19:23:37
November 21 2010 19:23 GMT
#787
On November 22 2010 01:01 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
On November 16 2010 13:07 p4NDemik wrote:
On November 16 2010 12:23 n.DieJokes wrote:
If the entirety of the moderator forums (all posts past and present) were complied into one text document and I control f'd my name would there be any hits?

Two.

One report you made and one warning.

+1 to this question

One thread title and subsequent posts
One warning
Two times your name comes up in other warnings
Twice in a thread discussing various sc2 players
214 time you reported a post

lol 214 reports >.>
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28904 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 23:03:19
November 21 2010 20:26 GMT
#788
On November 17 2010 03:57 chaoser wrote:
What's the craziest drunk story each of the staff have?

not really that crazy but it was recent and somewhat sc related so

like 2 weeks ago I was out with a bunch of my new school buddies. I drank some before I went out to meet them, drank more at the first pub we went to, and then after we went to this awesome microbrewery, I drank about 4 liters of 8.5% beer in 1 1/2 hours
that's not an amount I can handle, so all events happening after 1 am are events I have been told, because I have 0 recollection of them

anyway, long story short: I have a friend whose place I sometimes go and play sc2. it's alot of fun. Around 2 am, we leave the pub, and my new friends realize that I am not really capable of getting home on my own, so they ask me where I live so they can follow me home. I live pretty close to the city centre, so walking isn't really a problem.
but when they first follow me to the address I gave them, I start laughing and I say "you did bring me to the correct address and for that I thank you. but I don't live here anymore". so then they carried me to the place where I currently live, which luckily was not too far away.

then I enter my humble adobe, except I enter the bathroom instead of my bedroom. collapsing into the shower-cabinet and somewhat destroying it, I decide to fall asleep there. my wife hears the commotion, but I locked the bathroom so there's no getting to me. she calls my cellphone, and I pick up, and when she asks where I am, I drop the bomb

"im at friends name's place playing starcraft 2"
wife hears that I am very drunk and not at that friends place at all, so she tells me to stay for another couple hours and sober up
I respond ha ha thats not going to work cause we are drinking more

Now, this isn't something I would just decide to lie about to piss her off. I'm a good 98% certain my thought process, while sleeping on the bathroom floor, was actually that I thought I was playing starcraft 2 and drinking.
so that's a pretty good indicator of my dreams!
Moderator
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
November 21 2010 21:02 GMT
#789
On November 08 2010 17:15 Patriot.dlk wrote:
How is the replay function for sc2 going? I assume you are working on this =)

How much communication goes on behind the curtains to handle all this awesomeness? Does everyone on staff know what to do and it just keeps happening stuff?

Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 21 2010 21:03 GMT
#790
On November 22 2010 04:21 p4NDemik wrote:
6 warnings, 3 bans, 1 reported post resulting in warning, 2 posts quoted in reports on other users, 3 posts quoted in mod discussions for varying reasons.

Ooooooh, mysterious! Any such posts for me?

@Drone, what a story.
"im at friends name's place playing starcraft 2"
"ha ha thats not going to work cause we are drinking more"
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 21 2010 22:41 GMT
#791
On November 22 2010 04:21 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 02:50 ZlaSHeR wrote:
On November 22 2010 01:46 Iplaythings wrote:
On November 19 2010 08:57 fAnTaCy wrote:
What's the precise moment tl.net posting quality went downhill?

around when sc2 beta came out

Or close to that atleast then the sc2 forum was a nice place to go before that ;<


To be fair, A lot of posters early beta aren't so bad, but once April 21st rolled aorund and beta keys were given out, thats when thousands came in screaming for one, with one liners and XBL shit talk.

On November 22 2010 01:01 micronesia wrote:
On November 21 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
On November 16 2010 13:07 p4NDemik wrote:
On November 16 2010 12:23 n.DieJokes wrote:
If the entirety of the moderator forums (all posts past and present) were complied into one text document and I control f'd my name would there be any hits?

Two.

One report you made and one warning.

+1 to this question

One thread title and subsequent posts
One warning
Two times your name comes up in other warnings
Twice in a thread discussing various sc2 players
214 time you reported a post


+1 for me too

I'm afraid here though, I know I've been warned/banned on the upwards of 10-20 times combined T.T

6 warnings, 3 bans, 1 reported post resulting in warning, 2 posts quoted in reports on other users, 3 posts quoted in mod discussions for varying reasons.


can I get my stats too?? =]
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Shaelis
Profile Joined November 2010
United States17 Posts
November 21 2010 22:46 GMT
#792
How is people chosen to join the TL team? After that how are they chosen to go to korea like HuK, he didn't join TL too long ago and is in korea now. I'm just wondering how that works.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 21 2010 22:50 GMT
#793
On November 22 2010 04:21 p4NDemik wrote:
6 warnings, 3 bans, 1 reported post resulting in warning, 2 posts quoted in reports on other users, 3 posts quoted in mod discussions for varying reasons.


oh god now im scared !!!!!!!!!!!!!
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28904 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 23:02:39
November 21 2010 22:57 GMT
#794
On November 22 2010 07:46 Shaelis wrote:
How is people chosen to join the TL team? After that how are they chosen to go to korea like HuK, he didn't join TL too long ago and is in korea now. I'm just wondering how that works.


back in the day, you basically needed to be on good terms with all active members (essentially be cool), and you had to have some kind of.. "x-factor". it wasn't necessarily that important that you were currently very good, what mattered was that we saw potential and that you could become very good.

then there was a period of time where I was the only one really playing any starcraft, so then a couple poker players joined. (these certainly fulfilled #1, cept zephyr whom we let join out of pity)

now with sc2 and the team being revitalized as a team that actually plays sc2 competitively, #1 is important, #2 is important, and a #3 was added; "be a world class player". I don't really know anything about the going to korea process, but it's kinda like "are you good enough to produce any results in korea? do you have the potential and ability to mass game enough to get sufficient improvement skillwise? do you want to go?" if you are a member and you can say yes to these three then I guess that's good enough.
Moderator
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
November 21 2010 23:03 GMT
#795
On November 22 2010 07:57 Liquid`Drone wrote:
then there was a period of time where I was the only one really playing any starcraft, so then a couple poker players joined. (these certainly fulfilled #1, cept zephyr whom we let join out of pity)

Yeah, how can you not have pity for someone who loses to a protoss who can only make scouts/probes/cannons/observers and then pays up 12k after losing.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=63249
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
November 22 2010 01:19 GMT
#796
iNcontroL, you are my hero.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 02:11:53
November 22 2010 02:11 GMT
#797
Whos the one changing the thread title for Charlie Murphy's blog =D
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 22 2010 02:51 GMT
#798
goddamnit how do you have double my post count but joined later x_x
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
November 22 2010 03:04 GMT
#799
when will I get admin status?
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
November 22 2010 03:23 GMT
#800
^ I want to know this for mOnoin.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1223
edward147
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8196
ceh9637
Happy366
crisheroes199
Sick156
dupreeh69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 33m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.