• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:33
CEST 21:33
KST 04:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8401 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 37

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 371 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 14 2013 21:17 GMT
#721
I think an early MoC can help mediate the potential difficulty of initial ganks before you get blink dagger.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
NotYango
Profile Joined December 2013
United States719 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 21:32:24
December 14 2013 21:28 GMT
#722
On December 15 2013 06:17 Torte de Lini wrote:
I think an early MoC can help mediate the potential difficulty of initial ganks before you get blink dagger.

You mean Overwhelming Odds.

The thing is, that window of time is very small. It's not that useful pre-6 because you don't have Duel anyway, and you're usually going to get Blink right around when you're level 7, so there's an incredibly small window of time where you have Duel but don't have Blink.

It becomes useful if you have to build other chaff before Blink (Boots, fighting items like Bracer and Wand) because you had a shitty start, but in a normal scenario you just want to rush the Blink and in that case, there's not a long period of time where it's useful early.
yango pls
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 21:33:55
December 14 2013 21:33 GMT
#723
Yes, sorry. I'm very tired.

I got my blink dagger at 9:30, but that was with successful ganks with my ult. If I wasn't successful at the beginning, it tends to go down bad.

I think it is fine without Overwhelming Odds, but I can see the demand for it as well.

Reminds me of Ogre Magi, where some people like to get an early level of bloodlust.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
NotYango
Profile Joined December 2013
United States719 Posts
December 14 2013 21:34 GMT
#724
You should be able to get a 7-8 minute Blink from uninterrupted farm if you're not buying other crap.
yango pls
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 21:38:19
December 14 2013 21:38 GMT
#725
Ah, I must have been confused to how she is played. I thought at 6, you should be immediately ganking and then return to farming in the meantime an opportunity or you're off CD to gank again the lane.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
December 15 2013 00:43 GMT
#726
No, you just gotta AFK farm for a 8 minute blink, then do things.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 15 2013 02:44 GMT
#727
Ill try it right now (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 15 2013 03:52 GMT
#728
The biggest issue I'm having is finishing my foes off with duel.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
December 15 2013 05:50 GMT
#729
I'm also curious as to how make her more effective. After my first few ganks from my Blink rush, it seems like the hero just falls off hard. I just played a game where I got to +250 bonus damage, and I couldn't do any damage outside of duel...and even in duel, it was mostly my team killing the guy.

I don't expect to play her as a core, but just her spells seem pretty bad, and Duel is pretty underwhelming in teamfights.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-15 13:24:02
December 15 2013 12:49 GMT
#730
In lane, I saw the guy max Overwhelming Odds and then initiate ganks and it turned out pretty well for him. Dunno if it's anecdotal, but it was pretty well done.

I feel like, with rushing blink, you should be initiating with your Duel, but thus you run out of time to kill him even if your opponent stuns or attacks him as well. Otherwise, your friends should initiate and then you just finish the enemy off with Duel, thus not really needing blink given the fact that you already have him secured.

So Blink can either be delayed or just overall not needed and you stack movement speed (phase, drums)

I'm going to try going straight armlet, or straight drums into armlet and skipping blink.

At the same time, it takes much longer to get Armlet and you lose a lot of time not Dueling until 12 minutes. So maybe Drums for that early Duel advantage into Blink or Armlet is better. I will try it next game.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
December 17 2013 19:33 GMT
#731
Qop build has no orchid, not even as situational - i consider orchid core on qop.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
December 17 2013 21:07 GMT
#732
On December 15 2013 06:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
Yes, sorry. I'm very tired.

I got my blink dagger at 9:30, but that was with successful ganks with my ult. If I wasn't successful at the beginning, it tends to go down bad.

I think it is fine without Overwhelming Odds, but I can see the demand for it as well.

Reminds me of Ogre Magi, where some people like to get an early level of bloodlust.

Isn't maxing bloodlust 2nd the standard way?
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 17 2013 23:24 GMT
#733
On December 18 2013 06:07 nojok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 06:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
Yes, sorry. I'm very tired.

I got my blink dagger at 9:30, but that was with successful ganks with my ult. If I wasn't successful at the beginning, it tends to go down bad.

I think it is fine without Overwhelming Odds, but I can see the demand for it as well.

Reminds me of Ogre Magi, where some people like to get an early level of bloodlust.

Isn't maxing bloodlust 2nd the standard way?


Yeah, but wasn't sure how valid it was (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
NotYango
Profile Joined December 2013
United States719 Posts
December 18 2013 00:09 GMT
#734
It's situational. Depends on your teamcomp a lot whether Ignite is useful.
yango pls
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 19 2013 07:22 GMT
#735
Changed Phase to Treads for Legion Commander.
Added Orchid as situation to Queen of Pain
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
December 19 2013 08:22 GMT
#736
Regarding QoP.

At the very most you should only recommend getting one null talisman, and even then that is situational depending on how much survivability you need. It's also dependent on whether you get a mantle of intelligence at the beginning of the game, which you can get if you want to stomp the lane even more against heroes like shadowfiend etc. Very often QoP's skip the nulls completely, so recommending two is very unusual.

You've currently got orchids in situational when it's actually the most common progression right after bottle and treads. From there the most common next item is bkb. Ghost scepter is actually incredibly situational and is usually not gotten till much later if so.

After getting a few out of orchids/sheep/bkb/etc, it is actually quite common for QoPs to focus on being a secondary damage dealer with items like mkb or daedalus, so I'd throw those in somewhere as well.

Dagon should also get a mention as it completely wrecks teams if you can snowball hard enough off of it.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 19 2013 08:51 GMT
#737
The last time I properly looked at QOP was in October, so admittedly, it seems things have changed ):

I'll take a double look at her in a second.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-19 09:30:30
December 19 2013 09:20 GMT
#738
Queen of Pain:
Removed Null Talismans from Core Items
Added Orchid Malevolence as Core Items
Removed Ghost Scepter from Situational Items
Moved Linken's Sphere and Veil of Discord as Situational Items
Added Monkey King Bar as Extension Items
Added: Firebolt145 as Contributor


Personally, MKB seems out of place, I've seen Maelstrom come up a lot though.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
December 19 2013 09:25 GMT
#739
Your link is to Io.

I'm not sure if you completely removed it because I didn't look but wand is definitely almost mandatory on her.

Maelstrom is generally a bad late game damage item, which is when you'll be looking for a damage item. Mkb and daedalus are much stronger at that point.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 19 2013 09:26 GMT
#740
Link is fixed.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 199
ProTech165
JuggernautJason56
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 755
White-Ra 183
Dewaltoss 118
Hyuk 92
firebathero 74
Trap 49
Sacsri 23
Bale 15
Dota 2
Gorgc8316
qojqva1364
Counter-Strike
fl0m1533
Fnx 878
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3617
Khaldor1264
crisheroes1188
Liquid`Hasu550
Other Games
summit1g4607
FrodaN1719
XBOCT272
ArmadaUGS164
C9.Mang0162
QueenE75
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• StrangeGG 78
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie918
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 27m
Online Event
15h 27m
FEL
20h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.