• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:19
CEST 13:19
KST 20:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9305 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 25

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 371 Next
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
August 26 2013 01:14 GMT
#481
maybe call them Consumables?

Also, I wouldn't have carries buy any of those things, and have "Midlaners" and "Gankers" (I assume these fall under position 2-3) buying Gem
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
August 26 2013 01:25 GMT
#482
Ive said it before but would like to again....thanks for these guides. So handy and trustworthy.
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
August 26 2013 03:58 GMT
#483
On August 26 2013 10:25 BoZiffer wrote:
Ive said it before but would like to again....thanks for these guides. So handy and trustworthy.

I want to echo this, I love torte guides and use them whenever possible.

However, I actually switched away from your phantom lancer build. Imo(im not that good) whereas your build maxes q and w for damage and survivability, more points should be allocated to e and r to allow for easier farming/jungling/pushing and to have a stronger midgame presence. It's possible a four protect one could make your build work optimally, but in pubs I think it cripples PL too much early mid game, so much so that he might not get to late game. What do you think?
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 05:20 GMT
#484
On August 26 2013 10:14 Whole wrote:
maybe call them Consumables?

Also, I wouldn't have carries buy any of those things, and have "Midlaners" and "Gankers" (I assume these fall under position 2-3) buying Gem


yeah, maybe not. They're just overall explanations of their worth, so I might just skip it for anything but hard supports.

I wouldn't call them consumables as they are not implicit to their nature or intention.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 05:22 GMT
#485
On August 26 2013 12:58 Bippzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2013 10:25 BoZiffer wrote:
Ive said it before but would like to again....thanks for these guides. So handy and trustworthy.

I want to echo this, I love torte guides and use them whenever possible.

However, I actually switched away from your phantom lancer build. Imo(im not that good) whereas your build maxes q and w for damage and survivability, more points should be allocated to e and r to allow for easier farming/jungling/pushing and to have a stronger midgame presence. It's possible a four protect one could make your build work optimally, but in pubs I think it cripples PL too much early mid game, so much so that he might not get to late game. What do you think?


Oh thank you very much!

The PL Build is very flexible and admittedly, I think I do 1 and 1 in E/R for jungling along with the right items. I'm not sure if I make that clear in the build description however, so I'll need to take a double-look.

The build doesn't work so handedly for me in-game, so it was on my list of things to look at, but I haven't figured out what I'll do. I believe when PL came up last time, there was a bit of back-and-forth on how to build them and I'd be up to set his ability build as something else.

Also thanks (: Please rate up any guides that do not have any stars/not enough ratings!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 05:54 GMT
#486
Updated Obsidian's Skill Build Order:

WEWEEREQWW

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129332786
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Darkren
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1841 Posts
August 26 2013 07:16 GMT
#487
The only thing im gonna harp on is the phaseboots for pudge core on mid??????? Arcanes are way more core
"Yeah, I send (hopefully) helpful PM's quite frequently. You don't have to warn/ban everything" - KadaverBB
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 07:20 GMT
#488
Updated Phantom Lancer: Skill build is now:

WQQEQRQEEE

that means one in Doppelwalk, Max Q then Max E and get ult at respective levels. this is to push more towards jungling Phantom Lancer after 6 or so.

Added Drums as situational.

On August 26 2013 16:16 Darkren wrote:
The only thing im gonna harp on is the phaseboots for pudge core on mid??????? Arcanes are way more core


Both are equally good. I've used both while more favouring Arcane because I suck at hook. However phase overall is needed for when you chase with rot, run away after sucking with you hook and so on while arcane is a more team-play item, which; some other hero may have gotten (and isn't as necessary given you have bottle).
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
August 26 2013 07:42 GMT
#489
On August 26 2013 16:16 Darkren wrote:
The only thing im gonna harp on is the phaseboots for pudge core on mid??????? Arcanes are way more core

Both are fine and situational imo.
Administrator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 07:52 GMT
#490
Quite so, but I found Arcane to be more situational than Phase Boos so Arcane is currently in the situational slot while Phase is core.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 07:52 GMT
#491
Here is Phantom Lancer's updated guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129093311
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
August 26 2013 07:53 GMT
#492
Yeah, I would agree with that.
Administrator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-26 08:10:57
August 26 2013 08:02 GMT
#493
Perfect!

I'm looking through some of the older guides to see if any need revisions. I am at work, so the process will be slower.
I will also add a tab, called Utility Items to denote wards, dust depending on the hero's duties (support, ganker, etc). with specific situations (such as carry dust on Spirit Breaker to gank lonely farming Phantom Lancer's or heroes that flee with invisibility, etc.)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 26 2013 16:53 GMT
#494
Updated Treant Protector's ability build:

EWEQEREWWW

and then you max his invisibility.

So the strategy is to max Living Armor with one in Leech seed before six for the slow and then max the slow after maxing Living Armor.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
August 26 2013 22:55 GMT
#495
idk i'd max Leech Seed unless you're offlane when you need the invis
remedium
Profile Joined July 2011
United States939 Posts
August 26 2013 23:05 GMT
#496
Wisp currently links to Shadow Demon, just so you know.
Stay positive!
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
August 27 2013 03:52 GMT
#497
On August 26 2013 16:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
Here is Phantom Lancer's updated guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129093311

Thanks! I'll be eager to try it out this weekend!
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 07:30:35
August 27 2013 07:30 GMT
#498
On August 27 2013 07:55 Whole wrote:
idk i'd max Leech Seed unless you're offlane when you need the invis


That was the previous build, I can't keep flip-flopping between the two and I feel Living Armor has more of an early-game contribution than Leech Seed.

On August 27 2013 08:05 remedium wrote:
Wisp currently links to Shadow Demon, just so you know.


yeah, the front page needs a redesign as a whole qq
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Baggage
Profile Joined October 2012
Hong Kong593 Posts
August 27 2013 07:59 GMT
#499
On August 27 2013 16:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2013 07:55 Whole wrote:
idk i'd max Leech Seed unless you're offlane when you need the invis


That was the previous build, I can't keep flip-flopping between the two and I feel Living Armour has more of an early-game contribution than Leech Seed.


I think he means that you max Living Armor, then max Leech Seed, then Invis.

Treant doesn't really need invisibility to offlane and he shouldn't be relying on it anyways. Living armour's utility is best by getting it maxed asap. Players at any decent level will end up buying dust/sents to kill you anyways.
[10:23pm] Gosi: I want to be famous and have many twitter followers and get blowjobs during tournements at the bathroom [10:23pm] Gosi: do i play mnid or support for thhat [10:23pm] Gosi: u tell me
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 27 2013 08:00 GMT
#500
I believe he's not contending that Living Armor is certainly the first one you max (that goes without saying), but wondering whether you should max Leech Seed or put a few points into Nature's Guise first. It's a situational thing from game to game depending on your lane etc, but you should always have at least one point in Nature's Guise at level 4 before putting more points into Leech Seed.
Moderator
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings34
CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10971
Shuttle 2862
Bisu 1107
Horang2 815
Jaedong 542
Hyuk 453
BeSt 430
actioN 304
firebathero 293
Soulkey 204
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 171
Light 157
Mini 147
Leta 127
Soma 119
EffOrt 117
Last 113
ZerO 86
Pusan 80
Rush 64
ggaemo 59
Mong 54
Aegong 42
Killer 39
Snow 39
Sexy 38
Mind 35
Sharp 28
hero 27
sorry 26
Shine 26
soO 25
Shinee 23
Bale 22
NaDa 22
Sea.KH 21
PianO 17
ToSsGirL 17
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 14
Yoon 12
JulyZerg 12
Free 11
zelot 7
Noble 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
qojqva645
Dendi586
Fuzer 112
XaKoH 15
League of Legends
Reynor79
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1285
shoxiejesuss822
x6flipin261
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2225
crisheroes642
Other Games
gofns34477
singsing1977
XBOCT316
B2W.Neo313
DeMusliM210
Mew2King143
Livibee111
ArmadaUGS97
QueenE79
Liquid`LucifroN59
ZerO(Twitch)11
Chillindude7
Railgan1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream268
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2086
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 42m
Stellar Fest
1h 42m
OSC
12h 42m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.