• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8945 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 20

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 371 Next
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-18 21:30:16
July 18 2013 21:29 GMT
#381
You said you need help with your DK build?

I can help with that if you'd like.

Edit - Hell, even the lane one is really odd.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2013 21:33 GMT
#382
No, I can't alter the DK build because the guide on the cloud system is de-synced with whatever the public sees on Steam Community. So unless I delete the DK build and republish it (losing its place in Valve's Dota 2 - which is quite hard to get nowadays), I can't alter it.

But a dev. just contacted me (: so I think we're going to make some headway.

I mainly need help with these heroes:
  • Troll Warlord
  • Kunkka
  • Lina
  • Medusa
  • Bristlebog
  • Skywrath Mage
  • Elder Titan
  • Doom (Jungle)
  • Tiny (Carry)
  • Abaddon
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2013 21:33 GMT
#383
On July 19 2013 06:29 Comeh wrote:
You said you need help with your DK build?

I can help with that if you'd like.

Edit - Hell, even the lane one is really odd.


A lot of the builds are pre Aghanim's buff, so they're a bit dated and could use a new revision ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-18 21:40:20
July 18 2013 21:39 GMT
#384
Well, Tiny carry is kind of a controversial thing in the post-Scepter items. Basically, you are either an AC man, or you aren't.

If you are suggesting a Yasha, I would say just full out suggest going Manta, but if you aren't suggesting yasha, AC seems like a reasonable suggestion. The main idea is that AC isn't good for some reason - personally I think its okay for the main reasons:
-Tiny has terrible armor problems, particularly against BKB heroes.
-Tiny has obvious AS problems

Going Manta after Scepter still leaves the void of horrible armor (I've literally lost games because of not having enough armor), and a lot of people suggest getting Butterfly - which is great on this hero - but the problem is the timing. Butterfly is a 6k gold item with a 3.2k gold component, and it feel really awkward building this item after Scepter as it has a less friendly buildup than an AC, obvious truestrike issues aside. A major complaint about AC is how it doesn't give enough damage, but keep in mind that butterfly only gives 30 damage to tiny and 60AS, while AC gives -5 armor and 55AS.

I think its a toss up, but I favor AC.

On July 19 2013 06:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 06:29 Comeh wrote:
You said you need help with your DK build?

I can help with that if you'd like.

Edit - Hell, even the lane one is really odd.


A lot of the builds are pre Aghanim's buff, so they're a bit dated and could use a new revision ):



To be fair, most of the agh's changes of the last patch didn't change much, but maybe made Agh's situational or luxury for a few heroes.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2013 21:43 GMT
#385
I personally like AC on Tiny, butterfly is also good too.

AC under situational seems ok
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-19 03:52:19
July 19 2013 03:51 GMT
#386
On July 19 2013 06:20 Skamtet wrote:
replace heart with satanic, cuirass is still a poor item imo for position 1 tiny for the reasons ive stated before and yango filled in a bit there regarding how cleave works. at best put it in situational imo. a full manta is so much better than cuirass in pretty much every situation


It depends on how many times you're getting hit. AC is excellent you're getting targetted alot by phys dmg carries. Without armor, heroes like Slardar would murder you.
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
July 19 2013 10:34 GMT
#387
im fairly sure bfly gives more EHP than cuirass against slardar
MrMedic
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada452 Posts
July 19 2013 11:32 GMT
#388
I used your sniper build, it was helpful :D
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 19 2013 13:39 GMT
#389
Thanks <3 :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
July 19 2013 19:12 GMT
#390
a tiny phrasing on the butterfly @ your tiny carry.

craggy exterior procs even if the hit is evaded, makes butter even better

other than that it looks rock solid
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 19 2013 19:14 GMT
#391
will do
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 15:43:33
July 23 2013 11:34 GMT
#392
I think quelling blade is a must for jungle doom, so perhaps starting items qb, shield and salve. I dont think you should get a casual basi, either rush the midas or go for tranquils, depending on your early game. For jungling, the wildkin and troll warlord are both also very good, but you either have to stack camps or ferry clarities for that to work. Late game I think you need either AC or Shiva, depending on the team composition.

I also agree that Aghs is not that useful, if you cant win a teamfight with 1 target doomed for 15 s than you did something wrong. Refresher is a better option if you want to go that route.

Bloodstone is only really justified on 3 heroes imo: Lesh, Storm and Timber, other heroes work with plain mana regen items. If you want to go carry lina, you can look into dps items, because she gets a lot of AS with her passive. Also, the range upgrade of Aghs laguna is really good, and it gives some useful stats (compared to dagon).
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 23 2013 14:15 GMT
#393
On July 23 2013 20:34 Chaosquo wrote:
I think quelling blade is a must for jungle doom, so perhaps starting items qb, shield and salve. I dont think you should get a casual basi, either rush the midas or go for tranquils, depending on your early game. For jungling, the wildkin and troll warlord are both also very good, but you either have to stack camps or ferry clarities for that to work. Late game I think you need either AC or Shiva, depending on the team composition. I also agree that Aghs is not that useful, if you cant win a teamfight with 1 target doomed for 15 s than you did something wrong. Refresher is a better option if you want to go that route.

Bloodstone is only really justified on 3 heroes imo: Lesh, Storm and Timber, other heroes work with plain mana regen items. If you want to go carry lina, you can look into dps items, because she gets a lot of AS with her passive. Also, the range upgrade of Aghs laguna is really good, and it gives some useful stats (compared to dagon).


The problem is that the other items are even more important. Quelling blade is really good, but the aura from the dog or satyr (with regen) help compensate the lack of extra creep dmg.

You need Basi for the regen to keep up with your Q and W cooldowns, especially if you can't get those auras to keep you afloat.

Lina's build is a bit outdated, so I'll take a look, but I believe Aghs isn't bought on her because the cost for the improved damage is less than going dagon (unlike Lion)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
July 23 2013 15:42 GMT
#394
On July 23 2013 23:15 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:34 Chaosquo wrote:
I think quelling blade is a must for jungle doom, so perhaps starting items qb, shield and salve. I dont think you should get a casual basi, either rush the midas or go for tranquils, depending on your early game. For jungling, the wildkin and troll warlord are both also very good, but you either have to stack camps or ferry clarities for that to work. Late game I think you need either AC or Shiva, depending on the team composition. I also agree that Aghs is not that useful, if you cant win a teamfight with 1 target doomed for 15 s than you did something wrong. Refresher is a better option if you want to go that route.

Bloodstone is only really justified on 3 heroes imo: Lesh, Storm and Timber, other heroes work with plain mana regen items. If you want to go carry lina, you can look into dps items, because she gets a lot of AS with her passive. Also, the range upgrade of Aghs laguna is really good, and it gives some useful stats (compared to dagon).


The problem is that the other items are even more important. Quelling blade is really good, but the aura from the dog or satyr (with regen) help compensate the lack of extra creep dmg.

You need Basi for the regen to keep up with your Q and W cooldowns, especially if you can't get those auras to keep you afloat.

Lina's build is a bit outdated, so I'll take a look, but I believe Aghs isn't bought on her because the cost for the improved damage is less than going dagon (unlike Lion)


I only use W sparingly, so I dont really run out of mana. Id rather even go back to heal when i have low hp and mp. I havent tried your method, but I can get a 7 min midas if my creep luck is decent.

Pure damage wise Aghs is worse than Dagon, but I believe that the utility of the 300 extra range and additional 390 hp is worth it.
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
July 23 2013 15:54 GMT
#395
I think for your build for Abaddon is just about right. The levels are nearly exactly how I play him. Sometimes I pick up Mist Coil @ lvl 1 if the lane is looking for first blood, but generally your build is spot on. Mek and Vlads are his core for sure. I nearly always end up getting the Mek for the team and with his ult making him so tough to kill you nearly always have it there for your teammates.

I personally haven't found Shiva's to be too useful on him, but then again I'm nearly always going for heart if I have the luxury gold lying around.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 23 2013 22:05 GMT
#396
On July 24 2013 00:42 Chaosquo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 23:15 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:34 Chaosquo wrote:
I think quelling blade is a must for jungle doom, so perhaps starting items qb, shield and salve. I dont think you should get a casual basi, either rush the midas or go for tranquils, depending on your early game. For jungling, the wildkin and troll warlord are both also very good, but you either have to stack camps or ferry clarities for that to work. Late game I think you need either AC or Shiva, depending on the team composition. I also agree that Aghs is not that useful, if you cant win a teamfight with 1 target doomed for 15 s than you did something wrong. Refresher is a better option if you want to go that route.

Bloodstone is only really justified on 3 heroes imo: Lesh, Storm and Timber, other heroes work with plain mana regen items. If you want to go carry lina, you can look into dps items, because she gets a lot of AS with her passive. Also, the range upgrade of Aghs laguna is really good, and it gives some useful stats (compared to dagon).


The problem is that the other items are even more important. Quelling blade is really good, but the aura from the dog or satyr (with regen) help compensate the lack of extra creep dmg.

You need Basi for the regen to keep up with your Q and W cooldowns, especially if you can't get those auras to keep you afloat.

Lina's build is a bit outdated, so I'll take a look, but I believe Aghs isn't bought on her because the cost for the improved damage is less than going dagon (unlike Lion)


I only use W sparingly, so I dont really run out of mana. Id rather even go back to heal when i have low hp and mp. I havent tried your method, but I can get a 7 min midas if my creep luck is decent.

Pure damage wise Aghs is worse than Dagon, but I believe that the utility of the 300 extra range and additional 390 hp is worth it.


Takes me about the same amount of time, maybe 7:40 if I have some bad creep spawns.
I could see Quelling Blade being pretty good if I learn to choke camps, but I'm not sure, we'd need a third opinion!

Lina needs to be closer for her stun regardless no?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 23 2013 22:06 GMT
#397
On July 24 2013 00:54 Rayeth wrote:
I think for your build for Abaddon is just about right. The levels are nearly exactly how I play him. Sometimes I pick up Mist Coil @ lvl 1 if the lane is looking for first blood, but generally your build is spot on. Mek and Vlads are his core for sure. I nearly always end up getting the Mek for the team and with his ult making him so tough to kill you nearly always have it there for your teammates.

I personally haven't found Shiva's to be too useful on him, but then again I'm nearly always going for heart if I have the luxury gold lying around.


Thank you, TL Gen. Discussion helped me revise it twice.
There is no particular order for extension items, they're all pretty good regardless (:

Thank you for the feedback!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Gotard
Profile Joined December 2010
Poland446 Posts
July 23 2013 22:50 GMT
#398
I think Slark needs some mana item to be effective and aquila isn't really enough. I would add something like bottle, linkens or orchid.
"who needs girls when u can play as a protoss or riki" Fen1kz 2013
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 24 2013 00:19 GMT
#399
Slark build is for lane, however the mid build is currently stuck in limbo ):

Updated medusa
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 24 2013 00:22 GMT
#400
fucking medusa is stuck now too
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 246
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2098
Snow 98
NaDa 39
Bale 30
Noble 16
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
Counter-Strike
taco 529
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1543
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1114
WinterStarcraft594
Other Games
summit1g7061
Doublelift1918
JimRising 665
PiGStarcraft307
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0157
Maynarde139
ViBE83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki154
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Lourlo1307
• Rush664
• Stunt326
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 38m
OSC
8h 38m
Stellar Fest
8h 38m
OSC
19h 38m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.