• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:56
CEST 09:56
KST 16:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7903 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 22

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 371 Next
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 31 2013 06:00 GMT
#421
Oh torte, idk when I posted and when I edited (I thought I just posted it, but apparently I was just editing it), but go look at that last post I just made for suggestions I made about items on the Chen guide. There is a few improvements I believe you could make.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 06:03:21
July 31 2013 06:01 GMT
#422
You asked for ROB because of the needed mana and it helps you build into vlads.

I didn't see much else.

Also, if you want some extra feedback: I suggest taking out Shiva's Guard from the item list entirely. Chen is never in the middle of a fight to make use of the active, and typically you'll want to be so far back that even the aura won't reach some of the enemies. This is actually a completely bad item for Chen. I also recommend putting Ult Scepter to extension. Chen players shouldn't want to rush Ult Scepter after Mek every game, which is what having it in core suggests. It is a very good item and is worth it if you can manage to farm it up, but it shouldn't be regarded as core.

I would take out Eul's and Rod of Atos from situational. After a Ring of Basilius, Chen won't have mana issues by the time he would get either of those. Chen also won't need the health from Atos or the movement speed from Eul's because you're just so far back in the fight anyway. The actives are pretty pointless and have no special synergy with Chen either. In it's place, you should add Force Staff because Force Staff's active is actually good enough to justify buying it regardless of stats. While Chen doesn't need any special positioning, it's a lot better for getting away from a melee carry, can be used to help allies, and can disrupt positioning of enemies, while Eul's and Atos are severely limited in their actives. And you should add Ghost Scepter as situational as it is always good against carries who are targeting you.

Personally, I would take off Necronomicon off the item list as well because it has no special synergy with Chen other than "moar creeps." And since these guides are targeted towards newer players, you cannot expect them to micro 5 creeps and the hero...and Necrobook actually requires micro to make it worth its gold. Also, if it is ever actually needed (rather than just, oh hey, I want a necro book), someone with more farm will typically get it.


Let me read this off.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 31 2013 06:01 GMT
#423
On July 31 2013 14:54 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 14:35 Torte de Lini wrote:
I just found two levels in Test of Faith before 6 to be not as useful as one in Penitence for the slow, even if minor.
Though, I'm not an avid Chen user.

So I guess the guide is still valid, thanks!

Let's put it this way - I've never seen a pro Chen put a point in penitence at level 3.

(edit just saw the post above you, so uhhhh...)
(uhhhhh)



that's what I thought, so now im not sure.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
July 31 2013 06:08 GMT
#424
On July 31 2013 15:01 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 14:54 Comeh wrote:
On July 31 2013 14:35 Torte de Lini wrote:
I just found two levels in Test of Faith before 6 to be not as useful as one in Penitence for the slow, even if minor.
Though, I'm not an avid Chen user.

So I guess the guide is still valid, thanks!

Let's put it this way - I've never seen a pro Chen put a point in penitence at level 3.

(edit just saw the post above you, so uhhhh...)
(uhhhhh)



that's what I thought, so now im not sure.

I like the skillbuild you have, I think its the standard and best one.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 31 2013 06:12 GMT
#425
Noted, I'll update Chen's itembuild, necrobook helps with pushing and damage especially with the jungle creep buffs.
I'll add in Force staff and ghost scepter as well. Atos will be removed and Im not sure about Euls

https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 31 2013 14:23 GMT
#426
Lifestealer currently OOC.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 15:53:31
July 31 2013 15:53 GMT
#427
Just hit over 1.75 million subscriptions! 1831578, thanks to all of you (and reddit) who have helped and contributed and making me seem smarter than who I really am!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 31 2013 16:06 GMT
#428
On August 01 2013 00:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just hit over 1.75 million subscriptions! 1831578, thanks to all of you (and reddit) who have helped and contributed and making me seem smarter than who I really am!

Gratz sir. I try to sub to all of them, but the process is really time consuming, but worth it when the guides bug out. If only there was a system to sub to you in general and all guides you create, but that is likely something Valve will add later.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 31 2013 16:15 GMT
#429
Yeah, I gave some suggestions to a Valve dev, but I dunno if he'll do it ):

The direct links are found on the first page.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 31 2013 22:40 GMT
#430
[image loading]
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
July 31 2013 22:43 GMT
#431
Oh man. The nature's prophet guides have started working in client finally? When did that happen?
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 31 2013 22:45 GMT
#432
Yesterday, a Valve developper has been especially look at my case.

He's going to see if he can implement two more small changes and then I think fix the last of teh issues.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 08:13:39
August 01 2013 08:13 GMT
#433
Disruptor Guide updated (removed bottle from early game, added Urn in situational, moved Force Staff to Extension, describe importance of Eul's text)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128871463
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 03 2013 17:59 GMT
#434
Updated wand placements in build order, improved descriptions
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-03 18:47:51
August 03 2013 18:28 GMT
#435
Added Veil (Extension) + Ghost Scepter (Situational) on Pugna: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128899869
Removed Magic Wand on Warlock
Added Veil (Situational) on Leshrac: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128895761
Moved Halberd to Situational + Added MKB (Extension) on Skeleton King: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128914193
Removed Magic Wand + Moved Stout Shield to Situational on Chaos Knight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128918471
Moved Eul's Scepter to Extension on Shadow Demon: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128937771
Removed Magic Wand on Anti-Mage
Removed Magic Wand on Slark (Lane)
Removed Manta Style + Added Heart (Extension) + Removed Magic Wand on Tiny (Middle): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129064094
Removed Blood Stone + Added Veil on Lina: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129067853
Removed Magic Wand on Sven
Removed Magic Wand on Shadow Shaman (Middle)
Added Magic Wand on Doom (Lane)
Added Magic Wand on Abaddon
Removed Magic Wand on Tiny (Lane)
Removed Magic Wand on Elder Titan (Middle)
Removed Magic Wand on Skywrath Mage
Added Magic Wand on Spirit Breaker
Added Magic Wand on Warlock


To do: Nyx Lane
Shadow Shama Lane
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-05 03:17:13
August 05 2013 03:16 GMT
#436
Moved BloodStone to situational on Storm Spirit, Added Linken's, moved Orchid to core: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129143802
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 07 2013 13:34 GMT
#437
Looking to update Lifestealer with Phase Boots and S&Y situational
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sagamantha
Profile Joined September 2011
United States339 Posts
August 16 2013 07:45 GMT
#438
DK needs his level build switched. Ult at 11 is now viable..
trueCOMEHfan [16:21] <Qbek> hey sagamama [16:21] <Qbek> you ain;t targe bad
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 16 2013 18:46 GMT
#439
Yes, you are right.
Currently the guides are all desynced due to persisting problems.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 16 2013 18:55 GMT
#440
Lifestealer updated, I am not sure how to situate S&Y, so I slotted it as situational with Mjonllir now Situational and Cuirass as Extension after hyperstone and basher:

Phase boots now core on him (instead of treads). http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128728638
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 200
910 93
Mong 53
Shinee 46
Bale 32
Killer 26
Aegong 25
Mind 22
ZergMaN 16
soO 1
League of Legends
JimRising 480
Counter-Strike
ceh9479
shoxiejesuss312
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King219
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1707
Other Games
summit1g8765
olofmeister976
Happy351
crisheroes179
Sick161
Livibee102
ArmadaUGS102
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick537
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH80
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Rush1761
• Stunt468
• Jankos124
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 4m
OSC
5h 4m
Stellar Fest
5h 4m
OSC
16h 4m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.