• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:29
CEST 14:29
KST 21:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9307 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 359

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 653 Next
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-20 16:09:03
July 20 2013 16:08 GMT
#7161
I'm buying an XMG p723, with my setup now I use two monitors, one connected with the blue vga cable and one with the white. Is it possible to set these both up the XMG p723 ? Or can I only use one, if so, how do I connect it ?

Edit: Here are the pc specs: http://mysn.eu/xmg-p723#2

Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-20 17:04:41
July 20 2013 17:02 GMT
#7162
What display inputs do the monitors have? What's white?

The laptop runs all video outputs out of the dedicated Nvidia Kepler-gen card, so it should be able to support a monitor out of the HDMI output and another out of the DisplayPort.

If your monitors only have VGA input, the DisplayPort output may (I think it does, but not all are required to?) support using a passive converter to VGA and output the analog VGA signal over that.

edit: oh wait, that's a Thunderbolt, not mini DisplayPort. But those are backwards compatible, so it would use the same cable as an actual mini DisplayPort for that purpose.
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
July 20 2013 17:08 GMT
#7163
On July 21 2013 02:02 Myrmidon wrote:
What display inputs do the monitors have? What's white?

The laptop runs all video outputs out of the dedicated Nvidia Kepler-gen card, so it should be able to support a monitor out of the HDMI output and another out of the DisplayPort.

If your monitors only have VGA input, the DisplayPort output may (I think it does, but not all are required to?) support using a passive converter to VGA and output the analog VGA signal over that.

edit: oh wait, that's a Thunderbolt, not mini DisplayPort. But those are backwards compatible, so it would use the same cable as an actual mini DisplayPort for that purpose.

It's a DVI cable*. Googled it xD.

So basically all I need to do is get adapters and I can use both monitors ?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 20 2013 17:19 GMT
#7164
Mini HDMI -> DVI would for sure work for that monitor. I'm not 100% sure on the Thunderbolt supporting VGA. I think the back end for that is just whatever handles DisplayPort out on the video card, so that should handle VGA with an adapter that's not really expensive.

But seriously, how old is the monitor if it's only got VGA input? No need to spend needlessly, but if you can afford an XMG p723...

Not really a fan of the big / heavy / hot gaming laptops, but I guess if you have the exact use case for wanting one, sure..
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
July 20 2013 17:34 GMT
#7165
On July 21 2013 02:19 Myrmidon wrote:
Mini HDMI -> DVI would for sure work for that monitor. I'm not 100% sure on the Thunderbolt supporting VGA. I think the back end for that is just whatever handles DisplayPort out on the video card, so that should handle VGA with an adapter that's not really expensive.

But seriously, how old is the monitor if it's only got VGA input? No need to spend needlessly, but if you can afford an XMG p723...

Not really a fan of the big / heavy / hot gaming laptops, but I guess if you have the exact use case for wanting one, sure..

I know laptops suck but it's convenient for my situation, i've been debating on getting one for almost a year now (the time I have left to use my desktop).

It's a samsung monitor, it was on sale for less then 100 euros, great buy in my opinion :D. If i have to buy a new one maybe I will, if not great, but I can always go to using one monitor.
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
July 20 2013 20:10 GMT
#7166
Running GPU test. The card shows reaches 67c+ using stock cooler

A quick google suggests that its still within safe range.

My i5-3470 also reaches 60+ when under tests

Should I be worried (as in, I need to go buy more fans + better heatsink), or its fine?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
July 20 2013 20:27 GMT
#7167
60c is normal for both.
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
July 20 2013 20:38 GMT
#7168
Ty skyr

Next question :
a xfx ATI 5770 used for less than 50$... I already own one. Is that good deal/good idea to crossfire?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-20 21:05:47
July 20 2013 20:58 GMT
#7169
I'm going to say no since you'll run out of vram on the AAA titles and deal with micro stutter, more noise, heat, and power consumption.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
July 20 2013 21:51 GMT
#7170
Is it possible to clean the dust out of a graphics card heat sink (specifically ATI Radeon HD 6870 if it matters), without resorting to compressed/canned air? I don't have any at home, and I was wondering if it's possible using other resources before buying some.

I'm not looking for brand-new, just enough cleaning to keep my card from overheating.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 20 2013 21:58 GMT
#7171
Maybe q-tips? I would think the little bit of fuzz that gets left behind would just blow out the same as dust would.
twitch.tv/cratonz
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
July 20 2013 22:00 GMT
#7172
Take off the shroud and heatsink than wipe the dust off and use a q-tip as mentioned or something to get the dust out from between the fins. You can blow it too though that isn't exactly good for your health.
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 03:04:41
July 21 2013 03:02 GMT
#7173
While playing sc2 I noticed an artifact for the first time. Although I've never seen one before on my previous computer I am using the same card in my new computer. I've also noticed black flashes? I don't know how to explain that one but it's very very quick yet noticeable. I went ahead and reseated my card to my motherboard and reconnected the pcie cables just in case. When I was reconnecting my DVI cable to the GPU I seen a small static shock or something, my monitor was turned off but still connected to the wall.

I'm currenttly on my computer with the GPU installed and I already jumped on sc2 yet haven't played a game yet. Is there any other things I can do to check what is wrong? I'm still using the same DVI cable. My GPU hasn't ever went above 73C, I use the program HWMonitor. The GPU (GTS 450) is ~2 1/2 years old, on the 320.49 drivers.
Life..
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 21 2013 04:52 GMT
#7174
Can you reproduce it in SC2?
twitch.tv/cratonz
PlutoNZ
Profile Joined February 2008
New Zealand410 Posts
July 21 2013 05:29 GMT
#7175
I'm looking to buy a new modem-router and can't decide between these two:
http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=78/ID=19248/SID=463283126/productdetails.html
http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=78/ID=19916/SID=721156280/productdetails.html

Are there any major differences between the two?
I plan on using the modem-router at my house. There will be at most 6 devices connected at any one time.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 21 2013 06:04 GMT
#7176
Residential routers are all a crapshoot.

twitch.tv/cratonz
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
July 21 2013 06:28 GMT
#7177
On July 21 2013 13:52 Craton wrote:
Can you reproduce it in SC2?

Nah it's pretty random.
Life..
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 21 2013 06:48 GMT
#7178
I meant was it an isolated occurrence or something that keeps happening. Does it happen in other games?

If it's still happening and especially if it happens in multiple games, it's probably time for either an RMA if still under warranty or a new card.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
July 21 2013 07:24 GMT
#7179
On July 20 2013 01:25 XenOmega wrote:
Are the network powerline adapter worth their price?

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_CA=ÅMÅZÕÑ&url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Powerline Adapter&rh=i:aps,k:Powerline Adapter

Local stores + amazon seem to offer them in single/twin pack for about 60$ I already bought a wireless router Asus N56 recently... However, the signal strength is still average (about 60% in my TV room)


They are way better than wireless, though some are really expensive. I have a cheaper set from years ago and it works great for me, though my brothers pair blew up after 2 months so its luck of the draw like any computer part.
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 08:00:30
July 21 2013 07:59 GMT
#7180
On July 21 2013 15:48 Craton wrote:
I meant was it an isolated occurrence or something that keeps happening. Does it happen in other games?

If it's still happening and especially if it happens in multiple games, it's probably time for either an RMA if still under warranty or a new card.

It's something that started happening after I built a new comp about a month ago but the artifact only happened yesterday for the first time. After reseating everything today and playing a good amount of games I haven't had any more artifacts or even the quick black flashes. I think I'm still under warranty 'til November, guess I'll have no choice if it happens again or should I just go ahead and RMA anyways?

Could it be driver related? I know the previous drivers I was using were supposedly giving people problems.
Life..
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 259
TKL 160
CranKy Ducklings57
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM895
IndyStarCraft 160
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 895
Lowko434
IndyStarCraft 160
TKL 160
Rex 68
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55100
Free 3466
Jaedong 1884
BeSt 666
Soulkey 460
Horang2 367
Soma 310
Hyun 216
Zeus 205
Last 148
[ Show more ]
firebathero 140
sorry 135
Mind 117
Pusan 90
soO 32
ToSsGirL 24
Aegong 21
scan(afreeca) 18
yabsab 17
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6744
Dendi668
XaKoH 387
canceldota45
Other Games
gofns32638
singsing2203
byalli414
B2W.Neo413
Pyrionflax336
ToD184
QueenE40
DeMusliM7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 12
• Adnapsc2 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1313
• WagamamaTV459
League of Legends
• Jankos3431
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 31m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.