• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:20
CEST 09:20
KST 16:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8463 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 361

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 359 360 361 362 363 653 Next
OsaX Nymloth
Profile Joined March 2013
Poland3244 Posts
July 24 2013 18:47 GMT
#7201
Check if your graphic card isn't overheating - this got something to do with GPU, for sure. I believe they're few options, one of them: card is dying. But it can be something different too. So, check temperatures, you may also browse system logs (maybe you will find something useful in there), if you overclocked, then return to "default" values. Fresh driver reinstall could also be ok I guess.

Hope that helps a bit.
Twitter: @osaxnymloth
Syrind
Profile Joined November 2012
Norway2 Posts
July 24 2013 19:54 GMT
#7202
So, I have really bad internet (0.36 mb/s upload) but I really want to start streaming. I am currently using OBS. My computer is pretty good. Could any of you guys help me out?

Sorry if this is a really bad thread. I just really need some help.
"A little one can become a big one, one day.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 23:06:57
July 24 2013 23:06 GMT
#7203
You don't need standoffs for every hole, but every one that's screwed in should be using one. You can get away with not using ~1-2 screws most of the time if needed, but there's no benefit to skipping them if don't have to (sometimes you just can't get the screw in position and tighten it with some motherboard/case combinations).
twitch.tv/cratonz
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 23:08:54
July 24 2013 23:08 GMT
#7204
On July 25 2013 04:54 Syrind wrote:
So, I have really bad internet (0.36 mb/s upload) but I really want to start streaming. I am currently using OBS. My computer is pretty good. Could any of you guys help me out?

Sorry if this is a really bad thread. I just really need some help.

I'm guessing you meant MB. Even with that amount, I don't see how you could ever stream both clearly and stably.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Chessz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States644 Posts
July 25 2013 03:02 GMT
#7205
Does anybody have the Steelseries Ikari Optical ? I bought it to replace my Ikari Laser which suffers a broken scroll wheel, and then I launch the software and find out there are only 3 different dpi settings? What gives?

Can anybody customize this? I have very specific values for FPS/RTS that I've discovered over pretty much years of fine tweaking. this is a huge bummer
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 07:54:18
July 25 2013 07:40 GMT
#7206
and then I launch the software and find out there are only 3 different dpi settings? What gives?


Optical sensors only have one or a few native DPI settings, it's one of the prices you pay for them being mostly superior

On July 25 2013 04:54 Syrind wrote:
So, I have really bad internet (0.36 mb/s upload) but I really want to start streaming. I am currently using OBS. My computer is pretty good. Could any of you guys help me out?

Sorry if this is a really bad thread. I just really need some help.


Kinda screwed there
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
B40
Profile Joined January 2013
15 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 15:28:27
July 25 2013 15:25 GMT
#7207
hi people

how would this comp fair in sc2:

i5-4430 (4th gen) edit: clocked at 3.2ghz / 6mb cache
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz
GTX 660

thanks

KapsyL
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden704 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 15:37:15
July 25 2013 15:31 GMT
#7208
It's pretty much what im rolling right now. It's probably not ideal since (I think) a 650 will max sc2 and the saved money can be put into better ram or 4570 or K mark/z87 mobo for OC

But I love my setup.
4670k
8gb 1600mhz
gtx 660

To answer the question, It would do very well. Most definetly high(if not maxed out) settings without issues in 1v1
Jurg Jurg Jurg
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 18:43:58
July 25 2013 17:43 GMT
#7209
Hi, recently I went to a BYOC event. After I came back home my PC (probably) doesnt turn on. What I mean by that is:
When i start the PC evertyhing seems to be going ok, but the monitor stays in stand-by, mouse/keyboard/headset dont "turn on" (or register the PC is on? if it even is .. )

Any ideas what might have gone wrong? I think it might be the motherboard ... but the PC is farily new (about 6months).

EDIT:
On July 26 2013 02:54 Ropid wrote:
Some connection inside the PC might have come loose because of vibrations in the car while traveling. Turn the PC off and pull the power cable (or use the switch on the PSU). Open up the case and remove static charge from your body (touch the radiator in the room you're in). Then go and pull and press on all connections, memory sticks, graphics card, CPU cooler etc. Then try again.


Tried, didnt help
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 17:54:31
July 25 2013 17:54 GMT
#7210
Some connection inside the PC might have come loose because of vibrations in the car while traveling. Turn the PC off and pull the power cable (or use the switch on the PSU). Open up the case and remove static charge from your body (touch the radiator in the room you're in). Then go and pull and press on all connections, memory sticks, graphics card, CPU cooler etc. Then try again.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
wongfeihung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States763 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 18:26:54
July 25 2013 18:15 GMT
#7211
Edit: Solved. Sorry for the trouble.
Mynamebee
Profile Joined August 2012
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-26 00:53:41
July 26 2013 00:51 GMT
#7212
hi TL, i need some help.
Someone helped me make a computer a long time ago on here.
I didn't have a graphics card, so I just bought the Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 today and it won't display on my monitor.
I have the asrock B75M-GL mobo, high current gamer 400w psu, and i3 2120 cpu. I don't really know why it's not working, the mobo is a 4 pin psu only, is that the problem? i changed the video to pci express in bios, but not working still
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
July 26 2013 01:00 GMT
#7213
Is your monitor connected to the 7750?
Mynamebee
Profile Joined August 2012
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-26 01:14:07
July 26 2013 01:01 GMT
#7214
yes, it doesn't display anything when i do. I have it connected to both of them atm
my monitor max reso is 1920x1080
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-26 01:17:12
July 26 2013 01:16 GMT
#7215
Is your monitor set to read from the right type of input (e.g. DVI vs HDMI)?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Mynamebee
Profile Joined August 2012
8 Posts
July 26 2013 01:20 GMT
#7216
i'm not sure, my monitor has an input switch
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 26 2013 01:35 GMT
#7217
Well, if its set to look at one input (e.g. DVI) but you have a different one actually sending the input (e.g. HDMI), you might be getting picture, just not seeing it.

Here's an example of my settings page:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


What monitor do you have? Take a picture of how you have things plugged in. Does your PC POST? Does it beep at you?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Mynamebee
Profile Joined August 2012
8 Posts
July 26 2013 01:55 GMT
#7218
On July 26 2013 10:35 Craton wrote:
Well, if its set to look at one input (e.g. DVI) but you have a different one actually sending the input (e.g. HDMI), you might be getting picture, just not seeing it.

Here's an example of my settings page:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


What monitor do you have? Take a picture of how you have things plugged in. Does your PC POST? Does it beep at you?

Omgggggg thank you.. spent hours trying to find what was wrong with it... and I just had it on the wrong input. -_- Put it on the correct one and restarted computer and it finally works. thank you so much!
Bswhunter
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia954 Posts
July 26 2013 02:08 GMT
#7219
I want to get a laptop that can run SC2/DotA2 at the lowest settings at decent FPS and doesn't cost over $500

Is it possible?
Stop browsing and do whatever it is you're supposed to do. TL will still be here when you get back
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
July 26 2013 02:50 GMT
#7220
I have a computer plugged on my tv downstair and its mainly used for my parents. However, they are total noobs when it comes to the computer world. I was wondering, is there a way for me to control the computer downstair from upstair WITHOUT having to disconnect the computer on the TV? I've tried the remote desktop from Windows but i can't have both computers logged on at the same time!
Prev 1 359 360 361 362 363 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4912
Leta 1755
Shuttle 1721
BeSt 416
Soma 153
Soulkey 115
sorry 51
ZergMaN 44
Shine 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 592
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g7521
WinterStarcraft663
Sick211
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2297
League of Legends
• Rush1238
• Lourlo1054
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 40m
Patches Events
7h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 40m
OSC
15h 40m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.