• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:47
CEST 17:47
KST 00:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7672 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 169

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 653 Next
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
July 01 2012 22:44 GMT
#3361
So this is rather an unusual problem that I can't seem to fix. My computer clock is correct, but I have two instances where I have this strange problem.
In SC2
http://imgur.com/Td5ep
And in Last.fm
http://imgur.com/RoMWR
http://imgur.com/aILK8

So the SC2 matches states that it was 2 hours for the first few matches on top of the list. Although that's not true since I just played those games just within the hour. Again this happens in the last.fm screenshots where I listened to one song, but in the next screenshot it states that it was 2 hours ago when in reality the song had just finished about a minute ago. Any clues as to what the problem could be?
Strafe578
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada67 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 00:35:14
July 02 2012 00:33 GMT
#3362
Hello, I recently got Battlefield 3 and there seems to be a problem. I've played single player campaign and adjusted settings constantly but the fps stays the same (on low -> ultra // 1080p) at around 25-35fps. Is there something wrong? I am using a i7 3610QM turbo boosts to 3.1GHz and a GT 650M

EDIT: For reference SC2 runs on high always at above 30fps in 4v4s.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 02 2012 00:38 GMT
#3363
On July 02 2012 09:33 Strafe578 wrote:
Hello, I recently got Battlefield 3 and there seems to be a problem. I've played single player campaign and adjusted settings constantly but the fps stays the same (on low -> ultra // 1080p) at around 25-35fps. Is there something wrong? I am using a i7 3610QM turbo boosts to 3.1GHz and a GT 650M

EDIT: For reference SC2 runs on high always at above 30fps in 4v4s.


SC2 and BF3 are different games.

Unless you're using a benching tool to really test the different settings, there's no way to really diagnose it solid. Try playing at a lower resolution, see if average framerate improves. (Try to test this during a scripted sequence, standing still. It makes it a better test)

If lower resolution doesn't improve framerate, it's CPU related. Possible a power plan thing.
Strafe578
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada67 Posts
July 02 2012 00:49 GMT
#3364
On July 02 2012 09:38 JingleHell wrote:
SC2 and BF3 are different games.

Unless you're using a benching tool to really test the different settings, there's no way to really diagnose it solid. Try playing at a lower resolution, see if average framerate improves. (Try to test this during a scripted sequence, standing still. It makes it a better test)

If lower resolution doesn't improve framerate, it's CPU related. Possible a power plan thing.


Ok I just tested it and changing to 1600x900 i got 40fps constantly and down to 720p I got 50fps. Im wondering why changing the quality doesnt affect the fps that much when I've read that 560ti's cant even run ultra whereas my laptop's lower-end graphics can run it at 25-35fps (I was expecting a LOT lower).
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 01:04:35
July 02 2012 01:03 GMT
#3365
On July 02 2012 09:49 Strafe578 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 09:38 JingleHell wrote:
SC2 and BF3 are different games.

Unless you're using a benching tool to really test the different settings, there's no way to really diagnose it solid. Try playing at a lower resolution, see if average framerate improves. (Try to test this during a scripted sequence, standing still. It makes it a better test)

If lower resolution doesn't improve framerate, it's CPU related. Possible a power plan thing.


Ok I just tested it and changing to 1600x900 i got 40fps constantly and down to 720p I got 50fps. Im wondering why changing the quality doesnt affect the fps that much when I've read that 560ti's cant even run ultra whereas my laptop's lower-end graphics can run it at 25-35fps (I was expecting a LOT lower).


Resolution will largely sometimes help more where VRAM is concerned. Depending on your laptop model, you may be being bottlenecked by VRAM on the textures, which will stop the GPU from seeming like the bottleneck with some setting changes. That's much more prone to being a low-end desktop GPU or laptop GPU issue.

That's 100% best guess, there could be other reasons too.

Also, bear in mind that as drivers improve, so does performance. I don't know what you were reading, though, a single 560Ti should come close to ultra assuming low/no AA/AF with decent FPS.
Strafe578
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada67 Posts
July 02 2012 01:06 GMT
#3366
On July 02 2012 10:03 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 09:49 Strafe578 wrote:
On July 02 2012 09:38 JingleHell wrote:
SC2 and BF3 are different games.

Unless you're using a benching tool to really test the different settings, there's no way to really diagnose it solid. Try playing at a lower resolution, see if average framerate improves. (Try to test this during a scripted sequence, standing still. It makes it a better test)

If lower resolution doesn't improve framerate, it's CPU related. Possible a power plan thing.


Ok I just tested it and changing to 1600x900 i got 40fps constantly and down to 720p I got 50fps. Im wondering why changing the quality doesnt affect the fps that much when I've read that 560ti's cant even run ultra whereas my laptop's lower-end graphics can run it at 25-35fps (I was expecting a LOT lower).


Resolution will largely sometimes help where VRAM is concerned. Depending on your laptop model, you may be being bottlenecked by VRAM on the textures, which will stop the GPU from seeming like the bottleneck with some setting changes. That's much more prone to being a low-end desktop GPU or laptop GPU issue.

That's 100% best guess, there could be other reasons too.

Also, bear in mind that as drivers improve, so does performance. I don't know what you were reading, though, a single 560Ti should come close to ultra assuming low/no AA/AF with decent FPS.


Ok, Thank you very much as usual and for the quick replies! :D
Silky
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
July 02 2012 02:47 GMT
#3367
I have been debating back and forth for some time on all the parts that I should get for my budget build and for a first time buyer and computer builder, I have been worried that I will not be able to do what I wish to be done on the computer that I build. So basically my goal is to be able to play sc2 on medium quality with 60+ fps. Also, I REALLY wish to stream. So how much fps do you think I could get with medium quality with these parts if I were to stream?

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD2500AAKX 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Please, if any recommendations are possible give them to me as I will gladly consider it. However items that are suggested should be about the same price as the original product (On a tight budget). Thank you!

Edit: I will also be using Windows XP for a little bit until windows 8 is out!

User was warned for this post
Have a good life
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 02 2012 02:48 GMT
#3368
You mind not spamming the same post in multiple threads?
Silky
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
July 02 2012 02:49 GMT
#3369
T_T I just want some answers. I'm sorry.
Have a good life
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
July 02 2012 02:55 GMT
#3370
@ silky i have those exact parts in a spare pc and it streams and plays starcraft fine on medium. Just dont expect crazy good frames during lategame while streaming though. good stuff
Silky
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
July 02 2012 02:58 GMT
#3371
thank you @zushen ! Very much appreciated!
Have a good life
Asukurra
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom50 Posts
July 02 2012 13:02 GMT
#3372
Hello all, this is a odd question and i have used the search function ect ect and searched many other forums for this and the question has been asked a good few many times but never fully answered by a mod or credibule source ect ect so i have the question and a responce from Bliz, can someone clear this up for me

The question: I won a MEKA G UNIT keyboard from the recent UK qualifiers, its a gaming keyboard with macro keys, and allows you to 'record' macros in real time by storing key strokes, as well as you telling it what to do, will i be able to use the 'recorded' macros to a key stroke, the Keyboard has a interfere action so you cant press 4 one after the other and all 4 go off at the same time ect.
Someone has mailed Bliz on this about using a macro to go 'select hatchs, Larvae, build zergling x 20' to one key and got this responce, Topic was from the Blizz forum that no mod replyed to.

http://img859.imageshack.us/i/blizzmacro.jpg/
for those who dont want or cant be bothered to look it says

"Thanks for contacting us. In refrence to your last contact about macros, we can advise you about the use of macros in Starcraft II are allowed, they are just a shortcut for some commands. Any programme that modified the game of allow you to play without being on your computer are not allowed."

This suggests to me that they are fine as you still have to be present to use the key strokes and only macros that allow you to not pay attention are forbidden, such as a timed loop or production loop

This would be for Ladder play only ect, the EULA isnt clear on it before you point me to it, it says (along the lines of) any 3rd party programme (the keyboard on-board macro memory) that directly alters or changes the game directly is forbidden and will be banned. Seeing as a 'recorded' macro key would be at a time you can physically do them at anyway wouldnt provide you with a unbeatable edge ect.

Any helpful replys would be appreachied, i will be Mailing Blizz myself tonight directly with the same info as above and see what they send to me and will re post if i get a responce
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 13:25:03
July 02 2012 13:24 GMT
#3373
Don't know what you mean by macro, since you are using multiple definitions in one context. If hitting a single key or less keys than needed to execute said number of commands without the use of macros, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.
Asukurra
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom50 Posts
July 02 2012 14:45 GMT
#3374
On July 02 2012 22:24 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
Don't know what you mean by macro, since you are using multiple definitions in one context. If hitting a single key or less keys than needed to execute said number of commands without the use of macros, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.


as in 1 key (T1) to do 1,s,d (make a drone) the blizz staff only seam to say against botting
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 15:05:47
July 02 2012 14:53 GMT
#3375
That is probably the indirect equivalent to botting, since you only need to do one action to execute 3 commands, it's against the rules.

Edit: Apparently I was mistaken and was using the ruleset I had engraved in my brain from going to so many local LAN events. Blizzard probably doesn't care but I would prefer if nobody used macros like that since it just kills the whole point of fair play.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
July 02 2012 15:03 GMT
#3376
Botting is performing zero actions, not 1 and gaining more than 1. Blizzard won't whack you for basic hooks and combo macro's. They will whack you if they see actions being taken without an associated keypress at all.
twitch.tv/medrea
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 02 2012 15:08 GMT
#3377
On July 03 2012 00:03 Medrea wrote:
Botting is performing zero actions, not 1 and gaining more than 1. Blizzard won't whack you for basic hooks and combo macro's. They will whack you if they see actions being taken without an associated keypress at all.


Well, botting is just full automation, rather than partial. I assume it's really going to depend on how ridiculous it is, if it's noticeable, the day of the week, the phase of the moon, and whether the particular guy handling it got laid the night before.

I'd be seeking clarification from Blizz, rather than us, if you're worried about it, personally.

Of course, I've never felt the need to automate anything in a game. Maybe that's just me.
Asukurra
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom50 Posts
July 02 2012 16:44 GMT
#3378
Ok thank you for the input, I was hoping someone could give a defined yes or no while im at Work, thank you again for the slight discussion, as promiced I will post a Defined yes or no from a Blizz staff menber (if i get one)
Bruky
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic161 Posts
July 02 2012 20:03 GMT
#3379
How to check my serial number for D3 or SC2? I have bought digital copy from blizzard and I don't know it. I would like to know, because you need your serial number for password reset.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
July 02 2012 20:11 GMT
#3380
It should be in the email that you got from blizzard after you bought your copy of sc2.
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 520
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30647
Bisu 2608
Shuttle 1699
Hyuk 1060
EffOrt 833
Mini 744
Soma 401
Larva 394
ZerO 243
firebathero 233
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 58
Hyun 45
Mong 44
PianO 36
Trap 36
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 28
zelot 16
Rock 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 13
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 10
Bale 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9296
qojqva1658
Dendi945
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1391
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1057
Beastyqt764
Mlord347
Hui .237
Livibee191
Liquid`VortiX149
ArmadaUGS124
KnowMe120
elazer80
Mew2King76
FrodaN17
CosmosSc2 15
ZerO(Twitch)15
Trikslyr3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7514
League of Legends
• Jankos1758
Other Games
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV210
Upcoming Events
FEL
13m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 13m
INu's Battles
20h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 13m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.